Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    YAY!

y'know, I've been thinking...I think Niko's afraid to make a move. I mean, that kiss in "The Five" doesn't count b/c 1) he already asked 2) it was more like banter still, so it wasn't entirely serious...the whole "because I love you thing" I'm pretty sure just randomly popped out of his mouth...

B/c the real one had issues with romantic relationships so why would this one be any different? He's probably a) afraid of being rejected, b) scared of letting himself go, in terms of feelings, b/c he doesn't trust them...
    agreed agreed and agreed
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

YAY!

y'know, I've been thinking...I think Niko's afraid to make a move. I mean, that kiss in "The Five" doesn't count b/c 1) he already asked 2) it was more like banter still, so it wasn't entirely serious...the whole "because I love you thing" I'm pretty sure just randomly popped out of his mouth...

B/c the real one had issues with romantic relationships so why would this one be any different? He's probably a) afraid of being rejected, b) scared of letting himself go, in terms of feelings, b/c he doesn't trust them...
      Bravo..Bravo..not to inflate anyone's ego...but both of you are always on point with everything..you know the characters so very well...mad props!! LOL
      Oh..I saw a shooting star when I was outside..and I made a wish..though I do not really believe in any of that "make a wish" stuff..I guess I just did it to see what will happen
      sigpic
      artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
      My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
      When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
      And I held your hand through all of these years
      But you still have
      All of me..." Evanes
      cence
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
        Bravo..Bravo..not to inflate anyone's ego...but both of you are always on point with everything..you know the characters so very well...mad props!! LOL
        Oh..I saw a shooting star when I was outside..and I made a wish..though I do not really believe in any of that "make a wish" stuff..I guess I just did it to see what will happen
        thanks, im humbled

omgg thats the theme for augustt haha
        sigpic

Comment

And I honestly think he wouldn't know how to handle himself were he to completely lay everything out in front of her.
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

And I honestly think he wouldn't know how to handle himself were he to completely lay everything out in front of her.
            *butts in*

I agree. I would go so far as to say that the flippant/arrogant sarcasm is a mask that Nikola wears. It's a way that he keeps his walls up to protect himself. To me, vulnerability is intolerable to Nikola, because vulnerability means that he doesn't control what happens to him. Being the kind of scientist that he is, Nikola wants to be able to predict and control - when you open yourself to someone, you can do neither of these things, and that's a terrifying prospect. So, instead, (and granted, I'm reading a lot into a character we haven't seen very much of) I think Nikola shrouds his emotions in these adolescent remarks because he can protect himself from that vulnerability/unpredictability.

It's like Simon & Garfunkel said "I am a rock, I am an island. [...] And an island never cries" (fantastic song by a fantastic duo, by the way )

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
              *butts in*

I agree. I would go so far as to say that the flippant/arrogant sarcasm is a mask that Nikola wears. It's a way that he keeps his walls up to protect himself. To me, vulnerability is intolerable to Nikola, because vulnerability means that he doesn't control what happens to him. Being the kind of scientist that he is, Nikola wants to be able to predict and control - when you open yourself to someone, you can do neither of these things, and that's a terrifying prospect. So, instead, (and granted, I'm reading a lot into a character we haven't seen very much of) I think Nikola shrouds his emotions in these adolescent remarks because he can protect himself from that vulnerability/unpredictability.

It's like Simon & Garfunkel said "I am a rock, I am an island. [...] And an island never cries" (fantastic song by a fantastic duo, by the way )
              Agreeeee
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
                *butts in*

Except...no man is an island

But I agree. He's walled himself up so much to protect himself from being hurt, b/c he's been hurt so much in the past. Which is why we need more backstory to explain that!!!! And in the case of ship, involving his feelings for Helen--we really need a confirmation of that love to really explain anything, to have it be shown that they were really close and that he really has selflessly cared for her for so long...or else the ship can't be as convincing Nor will we understand why he acts the way he acts
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Except...no man is an island

But I agree. He's walled himself up so much to protect himself from being hurt, b/c he's been hurt so much in the past. Which is why we need more backstory to explain that!!!! And in the case of ship, involving his feelings for Helen--we really need a confirmation of that love to really explain anything, to have it be shown that they were really close and that he really has selflessly cared for her for so long...or else the ship can't be as convincing Nor will we understand why he acts the way he acts
                  got that right, trying to be an island doesnt work.

I agree that Nikola definately has a ton of walls put up to protect himself and that we need confirmation of that love...

however, i think we are forgetting (or just not mentioning is more likely) that Helen too definately has those walls up too, as is expected after what she has been through. She denies her genuine concern for Nikola verbally but we see her reaching for Nikola the moment after he was devamped and then get her giving some lame excuse to Will as to why she has been toiling away for hours and lost all track of tim over attempting to revamp Nikola.

I think that the confirmation will, sadly, most fittingly have to be slow and catious becuase these two while yes Helen already does have a level of trust with Nikola i think that she doesnt not have with, nor ever had with, anybody else, I think to truly let him in, and vice versa, its going to time and getting used to. They are going to have to express that trust and allow themselves to be vulunerable with each other. Something we have not truly see either of them do.

[/emotionrant mid class ]
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                    got that right, trying to be an island doesnt work.

I agree that Nikola definately has a ton of walls put up to protect himself and that we need confirmation of that love...

however, i think we are forgetting (or just not mentioning is more likely) that Helen too definately has those walls up too, as is expected after what she has been through. She denies her genuine concern for Nikola verbally but we see her reaching for Nikola the moment after he was devamped and then get her giving some lame excuse to Will as to why she has been toiling away for hours and lost all track of tim over attempting to revamp Nikola.

I think that the confirmation will, sadly, most fittingly have to be slow and catious becuase these two while yes Helen already does have a level of trust with Nikola i think that she doesnt not have with, nor ever had with, anybody else, I think to truly let him in, and vice versa, its going to time and getting used to. They are going to have to express that trust and allow themselves to be vulunerable with each other. Something we have not truly see either of them do.

[/emotionrant mid class ]
                    what can I say more? I basically agree with everything that was said. it's clearly that both Helen and Nikola have shielded (is that a word?) themselves so much after everything they've experienced in the past and it's hard for them to let someone in, to allow themselves to become vulnerable. As you pointed out (bolded quote) they need to become vulnerable with each other if this ship is going to get to materialise itself but that is going to take time, trust and lots of sincerity

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                      what can I say more? I basically agree with everything that was said. it's clearly that both Helen and Nikola have shielded (is that a word?) themselves so much after everything they've experienced in the past and it's hard for them to let someone in, to allow themselves to become vulnerable. As you pointed out (bolded quote) they need to become vulnerable with each other if this ship is going to get to materialise itself but that is going to take time, trust and lots of sincerity
                      to your bolded i agree very much. i think, though, that they have in a way begun to show this vulnerability to each other, [enter sleepers final scene here] to me that scene, how helen was clearly flirting with Nikola and he returning in it in his own way, shows to met that they are on that path towards being able to that vulnerable with each other. IMO i think they always had and still have the potential for that since, as nikola said, i know how your mind works. and i think to some extent they both know how the others mind works, i think that even back at oxford when they were first becoming friends (WHICH I WANT THE STORY OF BTW!!!) they had that potential and just never had the oppurtunity to explore it...

crap more on this later...teacher coming
                      sigpic

Comment

I totally agree with y'all's ideas... (And yes, y'all's is a word ) Especially now that he's *gulp* mortal, he'll have to deal with being vulnerable. And who would be able to sort that out with but Helen? It's not like any random person off the street (or in his long list of coworkers/conspirators/other acquaintances) who would really understand.

WHICH I WANT THE STORY OF BTW!!!
                        I hope they go into The Five a lot more in season three even though there are really only Two.

Side note: I'll bet TV writers don't expect fans to conduct such intricate/passionate analyses of their characters.

Comment

crap. so i totally forgot where i was going with my earlier point *sigh* well, i think you all got my point

Originally posted by tigerlilybrown View Post
                          I totally agree with y'all's ideas... (And yes, y'all's is a word ) Especially now that he's *gulp* mortal, he'll have to deal with being vulnerable. And who would be able to sort that out with but Helen? It's not like any random person off the street (or in his long list of coworkers/conspirators/other acquaintances) who would really understand.

I hope they go into The Five a lot more in season three even though there are really only Two.

Side note: I'll bet TV writers don't expect fans to conduct such intricate/passionate analyses of their characters.
                          i agree i think that him being mortal has and will play a role in Helen and Nikola's getting together. That being said i also see that it could be a hinderance to them getting together, see from Helen's standpoint i can see her being the type that wouldl not want to open her heart to love, the best kind of love, for what would be such a short time in her expansive life bc if Nikola is now mortal he would techinically only be alive for awhile. i can see her being unwilling to allow herself to be with Nikola bc she knows that in the end he would grow old and d..d...that d word ()....and given how well her first love went the fact that this time she would know that it would idk i see that as being a problem that they would have to overcome....excuse me WILL overcome

I really do want more on the five too, even though just like The Who, there are now two haha i really think that the thing i most want to see from the five's backstory is the meeting of Helen and Nikola. So far we have only speculated as to how they met, and under what circumstances he joined the Five. See it makes sense that the rest of the Five would be at Oxford or the details of that can be wrinkled out(aka Helen's not real, the real John Montague Druitt was in england, james watson is fictional character that lived in london and i don think nigel griffin really exists). but the real Nikola Tesla during that time period wasnt really near london (Mimzy will correct me if i am wrong) so i am just curious how Damian and Co are combining their fictional world with the real world. Plus i just want to see how they met! i want that confirmation of what we all know, that Helen and Nikola were good friend from the beginning and basically should have been a couple but it just didnt happen, which is so sad. I mean, gregory clearly liked them best as a couple

[/rant number two]
                          sigpic

Comment

i agree i think that him being mortal has and will play a role in Helen and Nikola's getting together. That being said i also see that it could be a hinderance to them getting together, see from Helen's standpoint i can see her being the type that wouldl not want to open her heart to love, the best kind of love, for what would be such a short time in her expansive life bc if Nikola is now mortal he would techinically only be alive for awhile. i can see her being unwilling to allow herself to be with Nikola bc she knows that in the end he would grow old and d..d...that d word ()....and given how well her first love went the fact that this time she would know that it would idk i see that as being a problem that they would have to overcome....excuse me WILL overcome [/rant number two]
                            Good point... I hadn't thought that his mortality might actually come between them. If they did eventually get there, would she crawl back into her immortal shell, or - because he was such a significant person in her life and they knew each other for so long - would she go for it while she can?

*shrugs* I dunno. I guess *crosses fingers* we'll find out?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerlilybrown View Post
                              Good point... I hadn't thought that his mortality might actually come between them. If they did eventually get there, would she crawl back into her immortal shell, or - because he was such a significant person in her life and they knew each other for so long - would she go for it while she can?

*shrugs* I dunno. I guess *crosses fingers* we'll find out?
                              Thats exactly what im talking about! we just dont know how she is reacting/will react to loving a mortal Nikola. its my opinion though, that she'll take the oppurtunity...in fact im almost certain that she wont really have to worry about that since im hoping they find a way to re-immortalize if not re-vamp Nikola
                              sigpic

Comment

Thats exactly what im talking about! we just dont know how she is reacting/will react to loving a mortal Nikola. its my opinion though, that she'll take the oppurtunity...in fact im almost certain that she wont really have to worry about that since im hoping they find a way to re-immortalize if not re-vamp Nikola
                                I don't know about re-vamping but they definetly gotta find a way to make Nikola immortal again. because I can't even imagine Nikola getting old and... it would ruin the ship

Comment

Working...
                                X