Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gauky_1976 View Post
    I think he would have been too much of a gentleman to do something like that. He may have waked her to her door when together at night but nothing more.
    well if the five held meetings at her house and since Nikola liked to "burn the midnight oil" it stands to reason that it may have happened on occasion that he just passed out....

*hears a strange noise and suddenly see's a plotnubbin go hopping by...* oh would you look at that....
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      lmao actually, speaking of campus

where did the Five all live at Oxford?! Think Nikola ever slept over Helens house....and i do not mean in the guttery my mind just took that ahaha
      Hm...I think it would depend on their fields of study. The university is split into different "schools" and the buildings for all the different schools of study are spread out all over the city. So it's not all on one campus.

Why do I know this? B/c I'm a C.S. Lewis geek and C.S. Lewis went there and taught there. And I'm trying to go a year from now
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

well if the five held meetings at her house and since Nikola liked to "burn the midnight oil" it stands to reason that it may have happened on occasion that he just passed out....

*hears a strange noise and suddenly see's a plotnubbin go hopping by...* oh would you look at that....
        But I'm not that sure that he would have stayed. I think if he passed out and fell asleep, as soon as he woke up, he would have left and hoped no-one saw him leave her house due to rumours possibly starting and the like.
        sigpic
        "Young love. It's so passionate. So innocent...So utterly doomed"---Nikola Tesla

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
          Hm...I think it would depend on their fields of study. The university is split into different "schools" and the buildings for all the different schools of study are spread out all over the city. So it's not all on one campus.

Why do I know this? B/c I'm a C.S. Lewis geek and C.S. Lewis went there and taught there. And I'm trying to go a year from now
          hahaha NIIICE! well that makes sense....for the boyos anyway
          sigpic

Comment

and I am not only a Lewis fan, but a HUGE Tolkien fan as well. He not only taught there, but he and Lewis were great friends and I have read that some people think Aslan was based not only on God, but Lewis as well.

Not sure if I believe that though
            sigpic
            "Young love. It's so passionate. So innocent...So utterly doomed"---Nikola Tesla

Comment

But I'm not that sure that he would have stayed. I think if he passed out and fell asleep, as soon as he woke up, he would have left and hoped no-one saw him leave her house due to rumours possibly starting and the like.
              I agree. He may be cheeky, but he's still a gentleman. Even in the present he's still a gentleman. You can tell by the way he carries himself. He may act lecherous, but he's really not. He just has a flirtatious streak (and I'm pretty sure the real one did too, so historical accuracy yay ).

And in terms of "advancing" on Helen...even now I think that he would keep himself under control, b/c of the fact that he is such a gentleman. He probably wouldn't do anything even if SHE advanced b/c of that...he'd probably go about trying to do all the sorts of little courting things first (even though they've known each other for forever...but I think he'd still do it anyway) and then convince her to marry him or something LOL

But anyway. It's still so *squee*. I love those kinds of guys. They're sexier b/c they have such self-control and yet for some reason that just exudes sexiness. LMAO I don't know if that makes any sense

Oh, and on Oxford...I don't know the names of the schools they would've been in--I only really know Magdalen College at Oxford b/c that's where (guess who) C.S. Lewis went, so yeah. And the girl who played Susan (Anna Popplewell) in the Narnia movies goes to the EXACT SAME school and she's an English Lit. Major too

EDIT: hm, I dunno if it would've been in-character for Lewis to base Aslan off himself; that's kind of presumptuous lol
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I agree. He may be cheeky, but he's still a gentleman. Even in the present he's still a gentleman. You can tell by the way he carries himself. He may act lecherous, but he's really not. He just has a flirtatious streak (and I'm pretty sure the real one did too, so historical accuracy yay ).

And in terms of "advancing" on Helen...even now I think that he would keep himself under control, b/c of the fact that he is such a gentleman. He probably wouldn't do anything even if SHE advanced b/c of that...he'd probably go about trying to do all the sorts of little courting things first (even though they've known each other for forever...but I think he'd still do it anyway) and then convince her to marry him or something LOL

But anyway. It's still so *squee*. I love those kinds of guys. They're sexier b/c they have such self-control and yet for some reason that just exudes sexiness. LMAO I don't know if that makes any sense

Oh, and on Oxford...I don't know the names of the schools they would've been in--I only really know Magdalen College at Oxford b/c that's where (guess who) C.S. Lewis went, so yeah. And the girl who played Susan (Anna Popplewell) in the Narnia movies goes to the EXACT SAME school and she's an English Lit. Major too

EDIT: hm, I dunno if it would've been in-character for Lewis to base Aslan off himself; that's kind of presumptuous lol
                Agreed which is why I didn't believe it when I read it.

I think Nikola would be very old fashioned in terms of courting Helen. As you said, even though they've known each other forever and a day, I still think he would "court" her. Helen would probably wonder why he was doing it but I think she would secertly be charmed by it. I think Nikola would be unsure of how to do it and be frightened that he would scare her off by being too "forward." I think he would just do things like holding doors open for her, carrying her books etc.

As for marriage, as much as he loves her, I just don't think Nikola is the marrying type due to being so involved in his work. Having said that though, I think if Helen asked him to put the work aside, he may seriously consider it.

BTW: Saw the pigeons in the churchyard again this morning. One came very close to me and cocked his head as if to say "Now can you see why Nikola loved us as much as he did.."
                Last edited by Gauky_1976; 15 February 2010, 04:11 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

i could not agree more that guys who have self control just exudeee sexiness...proof lies in the fact that Nikola is the sexiest person everr.....But can we please picture nikola and helen courting....like holy frak that image is just so *sqqquuuueeeee*
                  sigpic

Comment

i....But can we please picture nikola and helen courting....like holy frak that image is just so *sqqquuuueeeee*
                    OH FRAK YES!! It will be a very welcomed distraction for me!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, on the marriage thing, I think he'd be afraid to ask. Like I think he was afraid to ask back when they first knew each other (honestly, I think that might be the reason Helen picked John...b/c he actually asked first and Niko felt too awkward about expressing his feelings). He wants to be with her so desperately, you can tell, but 1) he's anxious about "leaving" his work (I know how that feels--I used to be so afraid to do any extra-curricular activities b/c I was afraid that I would get bad grades b/c I wouldn't have time to do my homework--and this was in ELEMENTARY/PRIMARY school ) 2) he's afraid to make himself that vulnerable. We know he's so awkward with emotions and relating to people, and so I honestly think that he'd want to, but he'd feel like he wouldn't know HOW to go about asking Helen that kind of thing. I mean, he admitted that he loves her--I think he randomly blurted that out, like he wasn't intending to originally but it just sort of came out and he was like "oh...oh crap I just said that out loud...now I have to act like I planned it" or something. So I don't think he'd push forward that far again unless he really feels like he can be that open with her (remember, he was cheated so many times that he has serious trust issues too). And He's probably terrified of rejection. He's got all those things working against him.

Which wouldn't mean to say that he wouldn't WANT to marry her and be with her forever, that kind of thing. But on that I think he'd need some help.

Enter intervening "children."

Oh, man, if Ash was still around, I could totally see her and Kate teaming up to try and set her mom up w/ Nikola and dragging the boys into it. LMAO
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

OH FRAK YES!! It will be a very welcomed distraction for me!!
                        i mean honestly. Him doing little courtship things like flowers and holding open doors for her and pulling out her chair for her and dinner for her and all that adorablee stufff
                        sigpic

Comment

Well said and with all that in mind, what do you think Helen would do when it finally clicked how Nikola feels about her??
                          sigpic

Comment

Well said and with all that in mind, what do you think Helen would do when it finally clicked how Nikola feels about her??
                            Hm, well. She'd probably do something like people keep writing in fics Like, they'd be having a little chat and she'd slip something into the conversation and he'd be like "I...um...oh not this subject " and then act all dejected and then she'd surprise him by saying she feels the same way or something like that.

But then again, it would depend on the situation. Like, it could have clicked in "Sleepers," which would make it quite simple since they were right there with each other, but it could click finally when he gets mortally wounded or something and she suddenly realizes that she actually could lose him in that moment.

Actually, I think it more depends on when it clicks in Helen's mind about how SHE feels for him. B/c I think she's trying to deny it but it keeps coming back up...and honestly, with way she's heading, it looks like it's going to take something else big for her to FINALLY admit that she really has loved and still does love him.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Well, on the marriage thing, I think he'd be afraid to ask. Like I think he was afraid to ask back when they first knew each other (honestly, I think that might be the reason Helen picked John...b/c he actually asked first and Niko felt too awkward about expressing his feelings). He wants to be with her so desperately, you can tell, but 1) he's anxious about "leaving" his work (I know how that feels--I used to be so afraid to do any extra-curricular activities b/c I was afraid that I would get bad grades b/c I wouldn't have time to do my homework--and this was in ELEMENTARY/PRIMARY school ) 2) he's afraid to make himself that vulnerable. We know he's so awkward with emotions and relating to people, and so I honestly think that he'd want to, but he'd feel like he wouldn't know HOW to go about asking Helen that kind of thing. I mean, he admitted that he loves her--I think he randomly blurted that out, like he wasn't intending to originally but it just sort of came out and he was like "oh...oh crap I just said that out loud...now I have to act like I planned it" or something. So I don't think he'd push forward that far again unless he really feels like he can be that open with her (remember, he was cheated so many times that he has serious trust issues too). And He's probably terrified of rejection. He's got all those things working against him.

Which wouldn't mean to say that he wouldn't WANT to marry her and be with her forever, that kind of thing. But on that I think he'd need some help.

Enter intervening "children."

Oh, man, if Ash was still around, I could totally see her and Kate teaming up to try and set her mom up w/ Nikola and dragging the boys into it. LMAO
                              and you spieled....*reads reads reads*
                              Ok so i agree the way i see it happening is stupid druitt just asked first and thus nikola was depressedd and would have to be beyond about a thousand percent certain that Helen wouldnt regret him. i think maybe after a decade of dating Nikola might consider marriage and i think that it would also depend on Helen. i mean just bc two people love each other doesnt mean they have to get married in fact some people actually only do the acutally wedding ceremonies for others becuase they feel its just their feelings on some piece of paper. one of my professors actually is married and said he only didnt for his wife and doesnt wear the wedding ring becuase he thinks the symbolism of it is straight up shenanagins. that being said i think maybe they would get married...thought i totally want them to get married anyway becuase they both deserve some kind of happy ending

also children interfering equals a MOST happen hahaha i really really love the idea of Ash and Kate teaming up to get Nikola and Helen together!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

hahahaha yeah

Somehow I think Nikola would want something a bit formal b/c he'd feel like there was some loose end that wasn't wrapped up b/c they didn't marry or something. Plus, I think there's a desire in Helen to have something work out like that. B/c she was supposed to marry John but then that didn't work out so she never got that fulfillment that she wanted with a marriage and everything And I think the symbolism is just so beautiful and squee and lol I'm a hopeless romantic.

So yeah.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X