Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOOOoooooHhh new shipper!

Welcome Pan!

Mimzy: wow, I love reading your reflexion on things, it's always awesome! I agree with you, like a 120%

Long live THE ship, the one and only: Helen/Niko all the way
    sigpic

Comment

Muwahahahaha!

For anyone who cares, the next chapter of my fic "Don't Die Before I Do" is up and away!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5633140/...ie_Before_I_Do

P.S. I totally concur with the whole Helen/John thing being doomed. From the very, very beginning, I never understood the...well, that whole thing. There is much hope for Helen and Niko and I think the writers are smart enough to see it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla_Twin View Post
        Long live THE ship, the one and only: Helen/Niko all the way
        SECOND that Whole-heartedly

Rose YESSSSS UPDATE!!! I am going to read that as soon as i get home! Me = Stokeddd
        sigpic
        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
          Muwahahahaha!

For anyone who cares, the next chapter of my fic "Don't Die Before I Do" is up and away!

P.S. I totally concur with the whole Helen/John thing being doomed. From the very, very beginning, I never understood the...well, that whole thing. There is much hope for Helen and Niko and I think the writers are smart enough to see it!!!
          Woooooooooo ficcy!

*storm off to read that with her clone *

*I'm sugar high right now....dont' be scared, it happens every once in a while*
          sigpic

Comment

Hey, thanks for the welcome everybody.

I'm so glad to find you all. I watched Sleepers last night and I'm so in love with this pairing.

Comment

Hey Pan, welcome among the fans of Helen Nikola ship.
              Enjoy it :-) It is great to have one another fan :-)
              Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
              / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

Hi, Samantha.Majka! I like them since his first appearance in the show and Sleepers just make me love them more.

Comment

Thanks, guys I get WAY too much nerd satisfaction from writing those kinds of analyses on characters...and pretty much everything I read TV like I do literature lol One day when I take a film class this is going to help me...

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
                  Muwahahahaha!

Okay. I. SERIOUSLY. LOVED. THAT. CHAPTER. I just wrote an incredibly detailed review of it b/c it pretty much touched on everything I feel about Helen and Nikola and John. GAH! *nerdspaz* I love you

And if TPTB knows what's good for them, they'll go for our ship. Honestly, H/J is doomed. As I said before, H/J has hit a dead end labeled "neverending angst." H/N actually has somewhere to go.

Also, a question concerning "Sleepers"ish and our ship...
                  Spoiler:
                  So, about the canon of the episode order...since "Sleepers" was originally supposed to air BEFORE "Haunted," and I honestly think they only switched the dates b/c Dec. 18th would've been JY's daughter's 15th birthday and they wanted it to be a tribute, does that mean in canon, the events of "Haunted" happened before "Sleepers"? B/c at the end of Niko's ep, Helen mentions to Will something about "John's departure," which didn't make sense at the time and only makes sense when applied to him disappearing at the end of "Haunted." B/c there was no significant "departure" before "Sleepers"--John was out destroying the Cabal still, from what we knew from "Eulogy." Also, if "Sleepers" came before, then Niko would most plausibly still be in the Sanctuary, which he obviously wasn't in "Haunted."

^B/c if all that's true, then it pushes for H/N even MORE b/c of the fact that in "Sleepers" it's like Helen has reached a significant point in her development where she's almost completely letting go of John, judging by the way she acted toward Niko at the end. It's like she's finally allowing herself to see past him. Even at the end of "Haunted" you could tell that she didn't completely trust John's word that he "loves her for all eternity." It just looked like she was conflicted among feeling sorry for him, letting herself fall for him again, and not trusting him at all and letting him go. Like, she was kind of crying, but she wasn't all over him. She just looked...confused. And her reaction to Niko in "Sleepers" when he gets de-vamped is different, b/c to me it seemed like she let herself get more emotional over it. You could tell she actually felt terrible about what happened to him--there wasn't any real question there or conflict about what she felt. With John, it was like..."I don't know what to feel about this"...

Okay, that turned into another mini-essay LOL

But you all seem to enjoy them, so anyway...
                  "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                    So...
                    What did you guys think of the whole H/J thing in "Haunted"?

I think it's doomed...*refer to above post* Actually, it's been doomed...

YAY Helen/Niko
                    You made some valid points in the mini essay

I think H/J is a very different kind of Ship compared to say Helen/Niko.
                    Where the last one is fun, flirty, sexy and snarky (personal interpretation ), the first is filled with angst and (again, IMHO) a scary kind of attraction which works like a black hole. Or... watching directly into the sun during an eclipse. You could call it dangerous love, I guess.
                    I would say it's 'doomed' in such a way that I just can't buy that you might love, but never trust a man who does and did the things Druitt did. A relationship based on what you call love, but that lacks everything else that makes a relationship healthy isn't good. It's kind of disturbing.

So yeah...

*Welcomes all newbies *
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      You made some valid points in the mini essay

I think H/J is a very different kind of Ship compared to say Helen/Niko.
                      Where the last one is fun, flirty, sexy and snarky (personal interpretation ), the first is filled with angst and (again, IMHO) a scary kind of attraction which works like a black hole. Or... watching directly into the sun during an eclipse. You could call it dangerous love, I guess.
                      I would say it's 'doomed' in such a way that I just can't buy that you might love, but never trust a man who does and did the things Druitt did. A relationship based on what you call love, but that lacks everything else that makes a relationship healthy isn't good. It's kind of disturbing.

So yeah...

*Welcomes all newbies *
                      I completely agree with that You think it's love, but if you're consistently getting hurt, and you pour so much into the relationship on one side but on the other you're getting either half of what you put into it or nothing at all, then it's unhealthy. You sacrifice your sanity and your emotional health for a lost cause. If you're unsure of whether you can trust someone, no matter whether there's a slight chance that he is trustworthy, you have to end it. B/c if you can't trust someone in a relationship then the relationship is almost parasitic--one person feeds off the other's dedication to them without doing much in return. If it turns out he is trustworthy, okay, but don't be in that relationship until you know that fact.

Funny...I always end up giving relationship advice or writing about it when I pretty much have very limited experience ...I mean, I've been asked out by people, but never actually dated them. Mostly because I'm ultra-careful about getting into any kind of relationship with people...my only experience is with knowing when I don't want to risk a relationship b/c I am not going to lie to myself and the other person. So...never been in one but I kind of know what to avoid (mostly b/c of my mother's over-cautiousness about guys ).

^unlike a certain character we know. Honestly...she needs to stop flip-flopping b/t whether she wants to run back to that man. If he's going to change and let go of that...thing...then it's his decision; there's only so much you can do to help him. It reaches a point where you've done all you can do and everything is left up to the choice of the other person. Helping people is good, but you have to take care of yourself too if you're going to be of any help to people in the first place.

Also, a lot of what I see from John is extreme possessiveness/desperation. It's almost as if he does things for Helen just to win back her approval. Like when he said
                      Spoiler:
                      to the empath that he felt "nothing" for them, he was just doing a favor. It's like...okay, so you care nothing about saving those people? Just doing a favor for Helen. And then at the end...okay, I have to admit he looked pretty sincere on that point about saving everybody. But still, he was totally focused on Helen...like he was trying to say, "see, look, I saved you--take me back?" or something like that. Not that he did it for just that reason at the end, but that looked like a huge part of his decision.

I just get this strange sense that he wants to win her back, to "have" her again. And I also find him excessively clingy. Like in "The Five"--look at how he was positioned next to Helen. He was practically doing just that--clinging to her. Whereas Niko is just very subtle--he looks at her to be sure that she really wants him to inject her, and only does so when she nods. And then she grabs his hand and he takes it. No clinginess. And even when he's teasing her, he doesn't latch on and be like "agh you are mine you HAVE to be with me remember the old days" like John. He gives her a bit of space, some leeway for her to make her own choice.

I think she sees that a bit, now more than ever, but she seriously needs to get over John so she can realize just how much Niko really does for her.

'nother mini-essay. LOL
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Dear Mimzy
                        Your discussion aka mini-essays about the occurences of Helen/Nikola and the creepster Druitt was thoroughly enjoying. I would add my own mini essay to it but alas you took everything i could have said. Therefore, i have to agree with it all. Helen needs to pick or atleast get it through her beautiful head that being with Druitt is the wrong choice because he is not ready to be free of that thing and it doesnt matter becasue as he said "whats writ in the bone cant be undone in the flesh" since he clearly has a "predilection" for murder. Thus leading to the only conclusion, based upon the episode Sleepers and haunted when examined in the proper order, that h/j is dead and Helen and Nikola relationship *confirmation* is on the horizon
                        Sincerely your Shipper and Thunker

P.S. this is related to Sanctuary but a little random...does anybody else really *love* those strapy black heels that Helen has!?! i only thought of it bc i just watched the extended sneak preview for the season finale and she's wearing them again and i love them
                        Last edited by Keaira Taegan; 11 January 2010, 04:37 PM.
                        sigpic
                        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

The black heels? No I do not happen love them I happen to be slightly obsessed with them...*whistles while looking off sheepishly*. Heels (esp. black) are the shoes I live for! Dont you think they make her legs look even better?!? I wish I had legs like Helens.
                          sigpic

P.S. You look hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                            Dear Mimzy
                            Your discussion aka mini-essays about the occurences of Helen/Nikola and the creepster Druitt was thoroughly enjoying. I would add my own mini essay to it but alas you took everything i could have said. Therefore, i have to agree with it all. Helen needs to pick or atleast get it through her beautiful head that being with Druitt is the wrong choice because he is not ready to be free of that thing and it doesnt matter becasue as he said "whats writ in the bone cant be undone in the flesh" since he clearly has a "predilection" for murder. Thus leading to the only conclusion, based upon the episode Sleepers and haunted when examined in the proper order, that h/j is dead and Helen and Nikola relationship *confirmation* is on the horizon
                            Sincerely your Shipper and Thunker

P.S. this is related to Sanctuary but a little random...does anybody else really *love* those strapy black heels that Helen has!?! i only thought of it bc i just watched the extended sneak preview for the season finale and she's wearing them again and i love them
                            I love you

OT:
                            And YES, I ADORE EVERYTHING ABOUT HELEN'S OUTFITS I bought my black boots b/c I wanted a pair like she has. I call them my "Magnus boots" I just love her shoes in general--I seriously want heels like hers And her clothes are just freaking AWESOME I want her entire wardrobe. AND Kate's, b/c her clothes are just amazing too.

Is it sad that I look to buy stuff that will make me look like them? LOL

Btw, I found out that for my British Lit class we have to post a comment/question about something we read in class each week to a discussion forum online, so basically I get to do my little mini-essays for those things and it will count as a grade! I am such a nerd...I LOVE analyzing characters ROFL

Oh, but back on-topic.......................

I've been thinking, y'know how they did a photoshoot for season 2? The next time they do one, they seriously NEED to have JY/Tesla in it. With Amanda/Helen

Like...eventually *WHEN* they make the ship canon they need to have pics like these (okay, forgive me for this, but it's necessary to my point):
                            Spoiler:

HAVE TO HAVE A WET PIC IT IS AN ABSOLUTE NECESSITY!!!!!!!!

AND A KISS PIC MUST HAVE

EXCEPT with Helen and Niko.

And I am SO SORRY for that...intrusion...but I had to use the pics to make my point. Just forget it's those two abominables and pretend it's Helen and Niko in those poses, 'kay?

And if anyone here is capable of somehow tweaking those to fit our ship, I will love you forever
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

mmm that would be nice to see helen/nikola like that.. damn that would be hot
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                                mmm that would be nice to see helen/nikola like that.. damn that would be hot
                                I KNOW it SO WOULD!!!!!!!!!!!

*SQUEE*

sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X