No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been an ongoing discussion of the points you've mentioned. You are not alone who were left unsatisfied by the finale
    Let's hope we'll get S5 and some answers...
    The finale was alright. I reckon it'd be better that they chose Will to come back for Magnus and not Tesla. Will is sort of Magnus' second-in-line protojay, and that scene tied up the lose ends in their friendship. Also, Will 'might' just run the Sanctuary one day.. so its sort of a here-it-is-hope-you-like-it.
    Though id RATHER tesla be shown the new sanctuary because he'd find her...
    Helen: Nikola
    Nikola: Helen
    Helen: You found me!

*make out sesh*
    *pan out to credits*

haaahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahaaha

Yeah.........and even if that happened I think it'd overdo kissing. Lol.

The deleted scenes from the finale will be on the DVDs so they will probably eradicate some inconsistencies too.
    its a guessing game until then

Guys, I don't remember whether we've had this discussion here... about Nikola's work at the Area 51 under his own name or an alias. I've just rewatched Resistance and had a closer look at his name tag. It's not clear enough to really read the letters at any moment, but the shape and the length of the words suggest strongly that he worked as Nikola Tesla there. I wonder how many of his fangirls there could make the connection
    Are you meaning to suggest there is a historical connection :O
    I think one of Nikola Teslas' inventions is in Area 51.
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
      Helen: Nikola
      Nikola: Helen
      Helen: You found me!

*make out sesh*
      *pan out to credits*

I love it!
      Why oh WHY you are not with the powers that be!

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
      Are you meaning to suggest there is a historical connection :O
      I think one of Nikola Teslas' inventions is in Area 51.
      I have no idea what you are talking about

I meant the following:
      If Nikola worked there under his real name, his team was probably aware of him being "the" Tesla... naturally questions re how it was possible would come up... that could have lead to lots of people being aware of the existence of vampires, source blood, Helen's longevity etc. All of that could have major implications compared to minor experiments on a couple of mutated creatures.
      In my opinion, it would be easier to have him work there under an alias, as Dr. Baumschläger for one thing (or what was his name in Sleepers)...
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Now I just have to figure out how to put it in my signature...

Comment

I love it!
          Why oh WHY you are not with the powers that be!
          Haha, thanks
          Because... i don't live in Canada. And they dont know who I am. (except for Chris...barely)

I have no idea what you are talking about

I meant the following:
          If Nikola worked there under his real name, his team was probably aware of him being "the" Tesla... naturally questions re how it was possible would come up... that could have lead to lots of people being aware of the existence of vampires, source blood, Helen's longevity etc. All of that could have major implications compared to minor experiments on a couple of mutated creatures.
          In my opinion, it would be easier to have him work there under an alias, as Dr. Baumschläger for one thing (or what was his name in Sleepers)...
          Oh sorry. I kind of was trying to find a link to Sanctuarys' Nikola Tesla, to the real life (sadly dead) Nikola Tesla.
          Though i understand what you mean
          Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
          - Doctor Who (series 7)
          - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
          - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
          - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
          - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Awesome siggy, Kytte!
            But I am not sure whether probies are allowed to have one *scratches head*

Comment

[QUOTE=es!;13117855]I am sorry but the whole season finale looks illogical to me. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. PTB wanted us to believe he'd leave her there alone? Pfft. They were just playing us, like Amanda said in the interview -
              Spoiler:
              "I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it"

I believe he leaves her, because
              Spoiler:
              he knows she is going to explode Sanctuary anyways, and the only way for her to survive the explosion is using the vest. But both knows she is taking the chance and is a risky one.
              And thy hurry up in doing it (Otherwise, Nikola surely would want to be him the one to stay) because they do not want Will to arrive before the explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                Guys, I don't remember whether we've had this discussion here... about Nikola's work at the Area 51 under his own name or an alias. I've just rewatched Resistance and had a closer look at his name tag. It's not clear enough to really read the letters at any moment, but the shape and the length of the words suggest strongly that he worked as Nikola Tesla there. I wonder how many of his fangirls there could make the connection
                Good catch on the name tag! I tried many times but still couldn't get a good look at it.

About the connection, well..... when Abby showed up at the Sanctuary the first time and Nikola introduced himself as 'Nikola Tesla' to her, she instantly made a connection to THAT 'Nikola Tesla' ("like the... scientist?"). If Abby could make such a connection those 'hotties' at SCIU could have made that too, but I think they were too afraid to ask because (1) they didn't believe he could be THE Nikola Tesla by any chance as Helen faked his dead almost 60 years ago, (2) even they suspected that he is THE Nikola Tesla they wouldn't buy it because they didn't think anyone could live to over 130 years old, and (3) he was the Director of the facility and I don't think his subordinates would ask him this stupid question to verify his identity. They probably think his parents admired Nikola Tesla so much that they named their son after him.
                sigpic
                Sign by me

Comment

RE Tesla's name in Area51, I assumed he was some kind of an 'over boss' who had little connection with most of his employees. The ones he worked directly with, they probably had the information anyway so that they were able to make educated enough choices.

The ones who didn't have the information probably would think Nikola Tesla as some kind of a code name or alias. Because, hey, Tesla has been dead for a while!

As it is goes with forbidden knowledge of Cthulhu cults, the existence of abnormals is probably kept as a secret only because most people choose not to believe in it

Or maybe he had an alias that was very similar than his 'true' name, but I think not. I agree it would be easier and safer if he used more aliases but for some reason he seems to want to be known as Nikola Tesla. Maybe it isn't that surprising after all the time he spent hiding from the Cabal.

Comment

This is my 2nd artwork:

Sig-2.jpg
                    sigpic
                    Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                      Good catch on the name tag! I tried many times but still couldn't get a good look at it.

About the connection, well..... when Abby showed up at the Sanctuary the first time and Nikola introduced himself as 'Nikola Tesla' to her, she instantly made a connection to THAT 'Nikola Tesla' ("like the... scientist?"). If Abby could make such a connection those 'hotties' at SCIU could have made that too, but I think they were too afraid to ask because (1) they didn't believe he could be THE Nikola Tesla by any chance as Helen faked his dead almost 60 years ago, (2) even they suspected that he is THE Nikola Tesla they wouldn't buy it because they didn't think anyone could live to over 130 years old, and (3) he was the Director of the facility and I don't think his subordinates would ask him this stupid question to verify his identity. They probably think his parents admired Nikola Tesla so much that they named their son after him.
                      Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                      RE Tesla's name in Area51, I assumed he was some kind of an 'over boss' who had little connection with most of his employees. The ones he worked directly with, they probably had the information anyway so that they were able to make educated enough choices.

The ones who didn't have the information probably would think Nikola Tesla as some kind of a code name or alias. Because, hey, Tesla has been dead for a while!

As it is goes with forbidden knowledge of Cthulhu cults, the existence of abnormals is probably kept as a secret only because most people choose not to believe in it

Or maybe he had an alias that was very similar than his 'true' name, but I think not. I agree it would be easier and safer if he used more aliases but for some reason he seems to want to be known as Nikola Tesla. Maybe it isn't that surprising after all the time he spent hiding from the Cabal.
                      I sort of agree with you both.
                      True, Abby said "Like the scientist?" and he answered "Remarkably so."
                      So Abby took notice of his name but was nowhere close to making the connection that he was THE Nikola Tesla. She'd be all over him otherwise. But then, she didn't know about abnormals. People at the Area 51 (some of them at least) worked with abnormals on the daily basis... They could have made the connection... that their Tesla is the real Tesla.... but maybe just like with the cults, it was simply too unbelievable.

Dino,
                      it's amazing! <3
                      I guess that's the REAL reason why Helen let Adam take Will, eh?

Comment

Maybe he could say that he`s a distant relative of THE Nikola Tesla. Or maybe he has a secret alias as Jonathon Young, just a simple Canadian actor.

Comment

I think the "hottie at SCIU", the redhead, knew the truth about him, her comment to Helen that she knows him for a very long time and her comment that he´s an amazing men makes me think that she at least knew that he is the real Nikola Tesla and after all they seemed to be pretty close, or not, when he is not even able to remember her name!?! Or maybe the hottie he was talking about was another women. Strange. Who knows how many he had there.

I really would like to know if he´s a stud-muffin or if he´s only pretending to be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                            Maybe he could say that he`s a distant relative of THE Nikola Tesla. Or maybe he has a secret alias as Jonathon Young, just a simple Canadian actor.
                            Sneaky Tesla!

Originally posted by Betiel View Post
                            Originally posted by es! View Post
                            I am sorry but the whole season finale looks illogical to me. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. PTB wanted us to believe he'd leave her there alone? Pfft. They were just playing us, like Amanda said in the interview -
                            Spoiler:
                            "I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it"
                            I believe he leaves her, because
                            Spoiler:
                            he knows she is going to explode Sanctuary anyways, and the only way for her to survive the explosion is using the vest. But both knows she is taking the chance and is a risky one.
                            And thy hurry up in doing it (Otherwise, Nikola surely would want to be him the one to stay) because they do not want Will to arrive before the explosion.
                            Welcome to GW and this thread!

Re: your post

I think it's safe to say that fans' opinions differ on the reasons behind some events/reactions in SFN2... I guess we'll just have to sit tight until S5 or the DVDs at least...

Comment

I still have the thesis that he could be a virgin, I know that sounds ridiculous but after the latest reference with the pigeion I think Sanctuary Tesla is in much aspekts designed to be like the real Tesla and the real Tesla wanted to be celibate so that he could lay all his attention to his work and we learned that in Aerea 51 he made many new inventions, so maybe he has the same ideals and maybe they really wanna have this paralel and IMHO that would be interesting and OK, I admit, a little bit funny too, but that´s not mainstream especially not in this sex fixated society.

And the comment that he loved this pigeon more than the hottie, seriously which sane man would love an animal more than a women he slept with? Let alone to love a pigeon.

Comment

It's OK that the end of the finale was a development of Will and Helen's friendship, but I think that if at least for a minute Nikola was there too I'd be a better ending, because all of us want to see Tesla and Magnus together and it wouldn't leave us only with suggestions about their relationship. Plus Will did mention that when Magnus had to stay hidden for 135 years, she spent some time back in New York (if memory serves) with Nikola, when he was building the Wardenclyffe Tower on Long Island with JP Morgan...

Comment

Working...
                                X