Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    REALLY?! i was never good at geography..
    But of course I wouldnt confuse it with australia..thats my home country
    Yay Aussies FTW! We're a day ahead of everyone...hehe.

    Im the oldest in the grade.. which makes me the oldest student in the school now... Oh my! O.O
    People in my year.. single sex school.. are the types that are into boys boys ooh sex and not to mention boys. (so yeah..im a girl)
    When i showed one of my friends a picture of him.. she was like 'OMG youd like to have sex with that?!'
    My face was half WTF and O.o
    Girls can be soooo immature.
    I like older men..so what..
    Yes and i agree on the maturity thing.

    However i recall my sibling once asking if JoYo dyes his hair brown..because in a couple YT clips his hair is greyish
    I dont care though.. he is still brilliant
    Wow, I feel for you! Poor thing. *hugs* That really is immature of them.

    It's great to have you back, ZS! Get well soon! *hugs*
    Thanks es it's good to be back in the land of fandom amongst the Teslen fangirls. *hugs everyone* (my stomach flu isn't contagious over the internet mwahaha)*

    I really can't agree with that. I think that it was a cheap melodramatic trick from the Powers That Be (aka PTB, aka Amanda, Damian & co. in this case). If it was clear to Helen and Nikola that she wouldn't make it, WHY wouldn't Nikola stay there to kill Caleb? I mean, we saw him killing one of Caleb's cronies with his bare hands. We saw him surviving an explosion in ToB and he was not a vampire in that ep! It's only logical for him to stay instead of Helen!!! So logic dictates they both counted on the vest and Nikola was sure the vest would work. But Amanda says she wantet it too look like Helen was about to die. I hate it. What a dumb, illogical, cheap move!
    I agree! The whole time I was like 'HE'S A VAMPIRE'. Really, why wouldn't he be the one to kill Caleb? They just wanted it to be dramatic, but it ended up not making sense.

    Edit: Also working on a vid with the kiss which will be up soon-ish.

    Comment


      Last edited by FromOutside; January 3, 2012, 05:15 AM. Reason: trying to get the text showing... :S

      Comment


        FromOutside,
        your posts seem to be really delicious because the forum swallows them one after another

        When it happens to me, I refresh the page and everything I typed appears in the message window again. I just have to "post" it and then come back and delete the previous empty message. I use firefox.
        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
        "I am quite sure they will say so."

        Comment


          Comment


            When I fear that my post is going to get swallowed, I just copy what I'm about to post and if my post is swallowed then, I edit that post and paste what I was going to say and then save it and it's in the original post. And I have Firefox myself.

            Btw: I'm dropping off an Amanda Tapping wallie that I made:



            Hope you all likes
            sigpic
            Icon and Sig by me.

            Comment


              RE: es, Yeah, probably 'was formed' or something like that would have been more correct choice of words

              To make my speech more understandable, is it common to express ethnicity as ethnic something (like ethnic Serbians) and nationality/citizenship as plain something (like Serbians)?

              I tried updating but it didn't help... Maybe the GW system has some kind of a bad grammar filter that goes on Good thing I nearly always copy the message before posting!

              Originally posted by es! View Post
              I am sorry but the whole season finale looks illogical to me. Lots of stuff doesn't add up. PTB wanted us to believe he'd leave her there alone? Pfft. They were just playing us, like Amanda said in the interview -
              Spoiler:
              "I needed the audience to believe that she might not make it"


              I think it was a cheap plot move and inconsiderate writing. Very much like with Will this season who kept bein a plot device instead of being in-character.
              I very much agree but it isn't Tesla's action that make me I am not very happy with how the finale was written... Maybe the biggest problem was the there was so much happening at the same time a two parter didn't work as well as it should have. Three parter finales seem to be very rare so probably that was out of the question but I have to ask, does it all have to happen in the finale? The episode that was just before the two perter finale was about Helen and Will crawling in the cave... Not a bad episode, no, but if I compare the way screentime was used in it and in a finale, I can't but wonder if some parts of the finale could have been told in that episode. Or earlier.

              The problem isn't only in Sanctuary, surprisingly many series seem to have similar problems. At first nothing happens that has anything to do with the main/finale plot and the in a two parter finale story is told so fast is starts to lose its integrity, when there simply is no time to weave different storylines together as they should be for the story to make sense. (And the series that don't do this are often canceled/not renewed, like Firefly, Odyssey5 and Carnivale )

              The 'she night not make it' scenario is, I think, bad because if doesn't explain what happened earlier.
              Spoiler:
              There is the glance Helen gives her home before she grabs the weapon, she lets her enemies come in, can defeat them with reasonable problems. So that is why she goes and blows up her home and herself with it because the goons attached her? Oh, and when she was able to fake her death in that explosion and take the Sanctuary with her to literally underground, that was plain luck?

              No. Just no. It is inconsistent with Helen's character and other things that are going on.

              I can work with 'it was a dangerous and incredibly emotional situation' scenario. It would allow some OMG maybe I won't get out of this alive, and after all it isn't that often you blow up your home and stay inside watching. But I think there are certain limits a writer shouldn't cross light-heartedly and one of them is 'killing' character just for making audience gasp. TV and movies are way too full of '0.3 second on the timer before the bomb would have gone off' scenes, and only thing they make me think is: bad, lazy writing!

              Comment


                Very pretty, yami! Love the soft colors

                And I too copy my whole post IF I remember prior to hitting the "post" button
                But I am totally forgetful so I have to stick with refreshing
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

                Comment


                  Nice work, yamiinsane!

                  (And other who have posted art. It is just gorgeous!)

                  Edit2: seems to work now? Good, this was getting irritating!
                  Last edited by FromOutside; January 3, 2012, 05:43 AM. Reason: Lol, If this doesn't show I'll give up for a while :D

                  Comment


                    FromOutside,
                    I agree with you wholeheartedly, especially re: too much events stuffed into one ep! And re: poor, lazy writing.
                    I keep pointing out the same in the ep thread.
                    But there are people who actually loved the ep. Ah well. Tastes differ.
                    But for me, there are just too many things that don't add up there
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

                    Comment


                      Thank you es! and FromOutside!
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

                      Comment


                        XD I fail at noticing that last post of mine didn't show. iJoke of course you may use it.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Going back a couple of posts to when there was the discussion about the kiss being an ‘in case we don’t make it’ declaration.
                          When I first watched the episode through I was thrown like many of you, there was little investment or build up to the kiss and Nikola’s behaviour was a little confusing (the idea that he’d leave with so little resistance when we’ve seen in the past his willing to sacrifice himself for Helen).
                          However as soon as I’d finished my first watch and found that the office scene wasn’t including I began thinking that maybe there was important information in that scene, and very quickly in my head canon I thought that maybe they were discussing just how grave the situation was getting, to which Helen suddenly got very serious and stated either that ‘When it comes down to it, I have to face this alone’ or something along the lines of ‘Whatever happens, Henry must get out’(maybe even subtle clue to her blowing up the sanctuary). To me this would give us enough of a reason for Nikola to leave, as Helen needs him to get Henry out (especially if Henry has no idea of her plan) or that they had already discussed that she must face Caleb alone. I personally prefer to think that it was more about Henry, as it would follow through with Henry’s fear of not reaching parenthood and Helen seeing Henry as her only child left.
                          But I guess we won’t find out until the deleted scenes are available.
                          I really hope there is some kind of build up in that scene so that the kiss doesn’t seem so much of a plot point, it’s just they couldn’t fit the office scene in the episode.
                          Last edited by Dark_Angel_Tiriel; January 3, 2012, 07:37 AM. Reason: text wouldn't show
                          Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." —
                          Charles Schultz

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Dark_Angel_Tiriel View Post
                            However as soon as I’d finished my first watch and found that the office scene wasn’t including I began thinking that maybe there was important information in that scene, and very quickly in my head canon I thought that maybe they were discussing just how grave the situation was getting, to which Helen suddenly got very serious and stated either that ‘When it comes down to it, I have to face this alone’ or something along the lines of ‘Whatever happens, Henry must get out’(maybe even subtle clue to her blowing up the sanctuary). To me this would give us enough of a reason for Nikola to leave, as Helen needs him to get Henry out (especially if Henry has no idea of her plan) or that they had already discussed that she must face Caleb alone. I personally prefer to think that it was more about Henry, as it would follow through with Henry’s fear of not reaching parenthood and Helen seeing Henry as her only child left.
                            I agree on the whole it was because of Henry that he left so easily cause we all know he would do anything for her should she ask.

                            here are some arts

                            Spoiler:



                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                              That´s what I´m saying, if he really loves her, he wouldn´t have left her alone, otherwise, if I were Helen, I would doubt his love somewhat. No one would leave the person he/she loves alone to die. I thought that it was the plan that Helen would use the vest, then I could understand that Nikola left her, when he thought that she could make it with the vest but it seems that this was a spontaneous move from helen and Nikola didn´t know anything about it, dunno but that doesn´t look like love, wouldn´t he rather die than life without her?
                              Sorry but to me that sounds a bit harsh on Nikola. To prove he loves her he has to die with her? I wouldn't expect someone I love to die with me. I would want that person to live because I love him or her.
                              Spoiler:
                              It wasn't a sure thing that he would get out before the explosion. I think they were hoping the vest would protect her, but since there was only one he wouldn't have had any protection at all and I don't think we can be sure he would have survived because he's a vampire. That doesn't mean he's totally indestructable. That was a huge explosion and fire afterward.


                              Originally posted by es! View Post


                              I really can't agree with that. I think that it was a cheap melodramatic trick from the Powers That Be (aka PTB, aka Amanda, Damian & co. in this case). If it was clear to Helen and Nikola that she wouldn't make it, WHY wouldn't Nikola stay there to kill Caleb? I mean, we saw him killing one of Caleb's cronies with his bare hands. We saw him surviving an explosion in ToB and he was not a vampire in that ep! It's only logical for him to stay instead of Helen!!! So logic dictates they both counted on the vest and Nikola was sure the vest would work. But Amanda says she wantet it too look like Helen was about to die. I hate it. What a dumb, illogical, cheap move!

                              Spoiler:
                              He didn't stay because she was about to blow it up and she told him to go. There was only one vest. THey hoped it would protect her. Big difference between the explosion in ToB and this one. Her house, her rules. No one tells Helen Magnus what to do.
                              And maybe AT wanted it to look to the audience that she was about to die. Just my opinion and any and all free to disagree which I"m sure you will.


                              Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                              I very much agree but it isn't Tesla's action that make me I am not very happy with how the finale was written... Maybe the biggest problem was the there was so much happening at the same time a two parter didn't work as well as it should have. Three parter finales seem to be very rare so probably that was out of the question but I have to ask, does it all have to happen in the finale? The episode that was just before the two perter finale was about Helen and Will crawling in the cave... Not a bad episode, no, but if I compare the way screentime was used in it and in a finale, I can't but wonder if some parts of the finale could have been told in that episode. Or earlier.
                              Yeah, I think they could have easily made this a 3-part finale and it would have made a few things clearer.

                              Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                              I do want to meet him in person and smell him, too! I think he smells good and I've read somewhere that the sense of smell lasts longer in one's memory so I can keep him in mind longer.
                              LOL Okay, someone who went to the London Con and met him: What does he smell like?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                                And maybe AT wanted it to look
                                Spoiler:
                                to the audience that she was about to die. Just my opinion and any and all free to disagree which I"m sure you will.
                                I totally agree with you, she wanted it to look to the audience like that, and this is exactly why I hate it! I don't like to be played like that!
                                For me, this ep is just one huge unfinished building site with some OOC for good measure, so I should really stop trying to analyze it

                                Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                                LOL Okay, someone who went to the London Con and met him: What does he smell like?
                                I have that creepy image in my mind now - JYo surrounded by fangirls who sniff on him and make those tiny moaning sounds in the process
                                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                                "I am quite sure they will say so."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X