Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tigerlilybrown View Post
    I really think there must be two Helens... much as I would like to believe otherwise, I don't think Magnus would initiate a kiss unless she actually believed she was going to die. And I don't see how she got out of the Sanctuary alive, even with the armor.

Either way, still definitely squee-worthy.

Heehee,

Yeah, the timer said 4 seconds, and she only had it half on
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Uploaded *THE* scene to YT
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrOwC...ature=youtu.be

I'm still so happy! I've watched that scene over and over and over and over and....
      sigpic
      I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
      Indeed

Comment

AWESOMENESS!!! Poor YT will now experience massive overload.

(Kind of like my brain today at the gym, as every single song managed to become Teslen in some shape or form. If I knew how to make vids, I'd be going nuts right now trying to complete of all the ideas! Alas, no tech skills.)

Comment

Originally posted by Lauradorable View Post
          AWESOMENESS!!! Poor YT will now experience massive overload.

(Kind of like my brain today at the gym, as every single song managed to become Teslen in some shape or form. If I knew how to make vids, I'd be going nuts right now trying to complete of all the ideas! Alas, no tech skills.)

thanks! Haha, Wouldn't that be cool if YT shut down with the message: 'Shut down due to an extrodinary amount of Sanctuary Teslen fangirls. Sorry for the inconveinience.' LOL

I know how you feel, that happens to me everyday! I have so many ideas for Teslen vids right now but I have revision I should be getting on with Not that I am, but I should be
          sigpic
          Indeed

Comment

I don´t think there can be two Helens in that timeline, the younger Helen has to travel back in time so that she can built the new Sanctuary, so if the younger Helen never went back in time so that there are two Helens in that timeline, technically there would be no older Helen, cause she would chease to exist, because Helen never lifed those extra years. I believe and I hope I am right that Henrys vest saved her, I know it seemed like it was a close thing, but mainly for the audience I think, we should think she is death and then not.

I don´t think the kiss had anything to do that she thought she would be dying, after all she grabbed the vest, so she had the plan to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
              I don´t think there can be two Helens in that timeline, the younger Helen has to travel back in time so that she can built the new Sanctuary, so if the younger Helen never went back in time so that there are two Helens in that timeline, technically there would be no older Helen, cause she would chease to exist, because Helen never lifed those extra years. I believe and I hope I am right that Henrys vest saved her, I know it seemed like it was a close thing, but mainly for the audience I think, we should think she is death and then not.

I don´t think the kiss had anything to do that she thought she would be dying, after all she grabbed the vest, so she had the plan to life.
              Yeah, that makes sense, it just must have been really close timing!

I like that she didn't just kiss him cause she was dying! This makes it more shippy cause she actually wanted to! But I do think she thought there was a chance she could die, afterall her plan might not have worked... I'm Glad it did though!

I wonder where the underground Sanctuary is, it can't be hollow Earth can it, because the Colderas where shut off from entering. When I watched it I just assumed it was under Old City Sanctuary
              Oh! And Now there are only 3 Sanctuary's in the whole world!! :O I wonder what will become of the above-land Old City Sanctuary, re-built? Sold? So many questions!
              sigpic
              Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post

Wow. Brainfreeze.

By taking the vest... I think she knew she was going to live. She had a plan from the start
                And like she said before: 'i dont trust anyone'
                so she stupidly made Nikola think otherwise...........

do you remember the FINAL FINAL scene.
                Will: 'am i getting a payrise'
                Helen: 'no you certainly are not'

That was the icing on the cake for me.
                And the Teslen kiss was the cherry on top
                Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                - Doctor Who (series 7)
                - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I know I don't post often but this is a point I'd love to hear a bit of discussion on.
                  Has anybody else noted the difference between the BTS footage kiss and the one that made it into the episode.
                  The one from the BTS video looked more like a sudden, more Helen needing to get her desperation across. Especially as she grabs him by the arms to pull him in for the kiss, he's not expecting it, hence he only grabs he arm during the kiss.
                  In comparison to the actual kiss in the episode where she reaches around behind his neck, and he's a little surprised but still reaches for her arm before the kiss. I just feel that this one has a more familiar feel to it, also that the her hand behind his neck implies a more romantic tone. To me the kiss in the episode is there to add a more emotional level to Helen's plight but it also indicates to me that the two of them have or are involved (as weird as that sounds).
                  If anybody else has some thoughts I'd love to hear it, this is only my view of it.
                  Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." —
                  Charles Schultz

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Angel_Tiriel View Post
                    I
                    The one from the BTS video looked more like a sudden, more Helen needing to get her desperation across. Especially as she grabs him by the arms to pull him in for the kiss, he's not expecting it, hence he only grabs he arm during the kiss.
                    In comparison to the actual kiss in the episode where she reaches around behind his neck, and he's a little surprised but still reaches for her arm before the kiss. I just feel that this one has a more familiar feel to it, also that the her hand behind his neck implies a more romantic tone. To me the kiss in the episode is there to add a more emotional level to Helen's plight but it also indicates to me that the two of them have or are involved (as weird as that sounds).
                    If anybody else has some thoughts I'd love to hear it, this is only my view of it.
                    There was two kisses?
                    Loved the kiss though. Had so much meaning
                    I reckon when Helen travelled back in time.. and met up with Tesla again. They became a couple.. so i hope.

i mean.. you just dont kiss any person like that. Hahahha
                    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                    - Doctor Who (series 7)
                    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm totally confused with the Helen-surviving part.
                      I agree with what that guy on YT said.
                      I also agree that it can be confusing. You can try to draw the timeline on a sheet of paper and use two different objects for two different Helens. You will see that one disappears in 2011 before the other one re-appears in Uprising. Two Helens co-existed only during those 113 years which ended in Uprising.

Did you notice that at 8:23 of the ep in part 2 on youtube it says 'Next - Another episode of Sanctuary' - WHAT ep?????? Can anyone confirm what ep was next, I'm really curious!
                      I didn't watch on YT so I haven't noticed that
                      Interesting!
                      Maybe they mean reruns?

Did anyone else physically squeal when
                      Spoiler:
                      Will and Abby were looking over Magnus' history and Will said that she visited Tesla in New York and made him to believe she was past-Helen
                      Yes! I totally felt confirmed! I mean, almost all ff writers assumed as much! YAY!

Heehee,

Yeah, the timer said 4 seconds, and she only had it half on
                      Yes, but it was already on, so I figure it didn't have to be put on completely...

I know I don't post often but this is a point I'd love to hear a bit of discussion on.
                      Has anybody else noted the difference between the BTS footage kiss and the one that made it into the episode.
                      I agree with you.
                      We may not forget that the kiss from that breakfast show was filmed by the breakfast show's camera man - not by the Sanctuary's camera man! So it was bound to be different.
                      The subtle differences you mention are maybe there because there were many takes on that scene. I almost faint every time when I think how bloody often AT got to kiss JYo!!! *swoon*

Somebody in the ep discussion thread has a theory that those Teslen scenes that didn't make it to the final cut were the build-up for the kiss. The kiss alone doesn't make that much sense because it's too romantic to come out of blue.

Helen is too strong a woman to kiss him just because she thinks she might die.
                      Isn't it always like that in the shows like Stargate? PTB never allowed any OMG-the-end-of-world-is-near snogging
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Stopping by to share some screencaps.

Sanctuary For None Part 2

Enjoy!
                        sigpic
                        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                          do you remember the FINAL FINAL scene.
                          Will: 'am i getting a payrise'
                          Helen: 'no you certainly are not'

That was the icing on the cake for me.
                          And the Teslen kiss was the cherry on top
                          I know!! I also loved how she said 'shall we begin?' Like she did in the first episode!!! Ah, nostalgia

Hi! Yeah, I thought that too, I reckon they just must have folmed it a few times and that was only one time? So it changed over the process of retakes? (Like es said, My head wants to burst at the thought of them kissing over and over and over and over.... I hope there is some sort of blooper with that!! ;D)
                          And I love the way her hand goes bnehind his neck, its every FF writers dream! And a half confirmation of love imo! Also, did any one else notice how she thumbs his tie...hawt! *fans self*

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                          There was two kisses?
                          Loved the kiss though. Had so much meaning
                          I reckon when Helen travelled back in time.. and met up with Tesla again. They became a couple.. so i hope.

i mean.. you just dont kiss any person like that. Hahahha
                          There was a behind the scenes iterview that a Canadian morning show did, and we get to see them kiss, that was ages ago and we've been waiting for this kiss for months!!! Have you not seen it?

Originally posted by es! View Post
                          I agree with what that guy on YT said.
                          I also agree that it can be confusing. You can try to draw the timeline on a sheet of paper and use two different objects for two different Helens. You will see that one disappears in 2011 before the other one re-appears in Uprising. Two Helens co-existed only during those 113 years which ended in Uprising.

I didn't watch on YT so I haven't noticed that
                          Interesting!
                          Maybe they mean reruns?

Yes! I totally felt confirmed! I mean, almost all ff writers assumed as much! YAY!

Yes, but it was already on, so I figure it didn't have to be put on completely...

I agree with you.
                          We may not forget that the kiss from that breakfast show was filmed by the breakfast show's camera man - not by the Sanctuary's camera man! So it was bound to be different.
                          The subtle differences you mention are maybe there because there were many takes on that scene. I almost faint every time when I think how bloody often AT got to kiss JYo!!! *swoon*

Somebody in the ep discussion thread has a theory that those Teslen scenes that didn't make it to the final cut were the build-up for the kiss. The kiss alone doesn't make that much sense because it's too romantic to come out of blue.

Helen is too strong a woman to kiss him just because she thinks she might die.
                          Isn't it always like that in the shows like Stargate? PTB never allowed any OMG-the-end-of-world-is-near snogging
                          Yeah, I get that there is only one Helen now, my brain just autimatically went into time travel mode and thought that this was a different Helen
                          Does anyone else wonder who keeps maintanence/is the leader of the new sanctuary - its got to have been there for a long while...who looks after it, cause I know Helen would have during those 113 years, but what about once she rejoined the timeline and went back to Sanctuary? I'mreally curious!

Hopefully they mean re-runs, I'd hate to miss an ep! (cause apparently the finale was a 2-hour finale, and so they had to cut it down and delete some scenes)

YAY! I can't wait to read all the lovely fics which are bound to be churned out!

Yeah maybe, hopefully

Haha! At the bolded! I'm the same!!! And I bet they practised off screen too, you know, to get it right ;D Cause it was adlibbed as well, so they must have talked about it together too? *flail*

Yeah, well hopefully we'll see those scenes on the DVD and get some sort of explanation, but we have to wait ages!!!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                          Stopping by to share some screencaps.

Sanctuary For None Part 2

Enjoy!
                          Thanks yamii!

I just noticed, the kiss hasn't been caught!! :O
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

The kiss was ad-libbed?? How do you know that??

And I think the underground Sanctuary must be run but the heads of former Sanctuaries. I mean, it looks like a freaking city! And if it holds everybody from the old Sanctuaries, why not be run but the former heads.
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
                              The kiss was ad-libbed?? How do you know that??

And I think the underground Sanctuary must be run but the heads of former Sanctuaries. I mean, it looks like a freaking city! And if it holds everybody from the old Sanctuaries, why not be run but the former heads.

I think it was.....I'm sure I heard that somewhere.......

That would make sense! Especially since all the sanctuaries bar 3 shut down - so they would move into the undergrund one! I like that theory
                              sigpic
                              Indeed

Comment

I noticed that myself Star. So I decided to capture just the scene with the kiss and lowered the # of frames and caught it

So here it is:

Sanctuary For None Part 2 Teslen Kiss

I even went one step further and captured the scene from The Five

The Five Teslen Kiss

I hope these are to your satisfaction
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X