Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
    I know it sounds evil but I prefer the thought of Helen's dying and Niko's worrying. We've seen the opposite for a few times and I want to see how Niko react to the fear of losing Helen.
    I actually agree with you. Especially because virtual reality would be the perfect opportunity for that.
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

    Comment


      Spoiler:
      i dont think tesla would die.. not in this episode anyway. Mabye he will get hurt. Remember adams 'next trick', i reckon he will be fine. Remember Tesla is back in the last episode anyway
      Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

      ~~~

      WATCHING:
      - Doctor Who (series 7)
      - Arrested Development (season 3)

      WAITING:
      - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
      - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
      - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

      I AM WHOLOCKED.

      Comment


        ^^ Not to mention that Nikola is such a fan favourite it would be ridiculous to randomly kill him off. Who would shamelessly flirt with Helen AND have her flirt back?

        I know it sounds evil but I prefer the thought of Helen's dying and Niko's worrying. We've seen the opposite for a few times and I want to see how Niko react to the fear of losing Helen.
        I agree. In an evil way I want to see Nikola react to this too. As long as she's okay in the end.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Altariel View Post
          Wait, was it really Nikolas heart which stopped beating? I assumed it was Helens heart, but if it´s him it shouldn´t kill him I think, his vampire genes would kick in and I hope they both fight it until the end and not only Helen. I think the cardiac arrest happend after the shocking attack and Helen was hit too so I thought it was her flatline. I feel sorry for her, this must be a nightmare. Not a fair fight.
          It looks like both Helen and Nikola both get hit but it looks like Nikola toke most of it but being a vamp i dont think it would kill him even in a virtual world but i so hope both are okay .

          Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
          I know it sounds evil but I prefer the thought of Helen's dying and Niko's worrying. We've seen the opposite for a few times and I want to see how Niko react to the fear of losing Helen.
          Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
          Spoiler:
          i dont think tesla would die.. not in this episode anyway. Mabye he will get hurt. Remember adams 'next trick', i reckon he will be fine. Remember Tesla is back in the last episode anyway
          Spoiler:
          I agree i dont see Tesla dieing in the virtual world i do see him getting hurt , i really hope it isnt Helen though if she were to die in the virtual world i would like to see Nikola's reaction.


          Spoiler:
          I did notice something when Adam says its his world and his rules and then in the clip we see Helen hitting him and he goes flying across the room maybe Helen and Tesla found away around the rules like in the matrix the rules can be made to bend maybe.
          sigpic
          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

          Comment


            TESLEN TUESDAY!!! YAY!! TEASLEN ACTION!! I'm so excited
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

            Comment


              Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
              I know it sounds evil but I prefer the thought of Helen's dying and Niko's worrying. We've seen the opposite for a few times and I want to see how Niko react to the fear of losing Helen.
              I'd like to see that too. I think there are some (though not on this thread) who still think Nikola didn't mean it when he told Helen he loved her in The Five. I'd like to see something that shows how much he loves her (except dying for her of course -- can't have that).
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

              Comment


                Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                I'd like to see that too. I think there are some (though not on this thread) who still think Nikola didn't mean it when he told Helen he loved her in The Five. I'd like to see something that shows how much he loves her (except dying for her of course -- can't have that).
                That's so odd
                I mean, it's like... a given... that he's been in love with her since Oxford. The look on his face when she grabs his hand... aww, it's worth a 1000 words!
                I agraa that Niko doesn't always act like he loves her, but cmon, is it even possible after 100+ years??
                "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                "I am quite sure they will say so."

                Comment


                  From what I recall when I read those posts, they thought he said it just to get her to help him with his scheme. And also that he couldn't love her because he was about to kill her after she refused, (which I think is debatable, John said he would kill her, but that doesn't mean that's what he was planning to do)
                  It's not what I think, just saying I remember reading others' discussion of it awhile back. Anyway, didn't mean to get off track and bring up an old debate.

                  And there's probably times when everyone doesn't act like they love the ones they love.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                    And there's probably times when everyone doesn't act like they love the ones they love.
                    ^this.

                    As for the old debate, hey, I haven't been around back then

                    I think Nikola had known Helen long enough to know that one "I love you" wouldn't make her change her mind about anything...
                    Besides, and it's just my opinion here, his words "I love you" are by far not the clearest indicator for his feelings for Helen! It's the way he behaves around her, the way he looks at her and cares for her!!

                    And even if Niko tried to kill her (it looked not good for Helen at some point!), then I'd just say he was so obsessed by his idea that he couldn't think straight.
                    He is a genius, such people spend all the time with themselves in their heads, and logic and time can help you rationalize everything - anything - whatever you want, if you don't have a sounding board! Helen was his sounding board all of a sudden, and Niko was so shocked by another person's view on his project that he freaked out. Duh, happens to the best of us, really
                    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                    "I am quite sure they will say so."

                    Comment


                      es!: As for the old debate, hey, I haven't been around back then
                      Sorry, for some reason I thought you'd been around longer than I have, and I was lightly jumped on in the past for reopening old discussions and didn't want it to happen here.

                      I think Nikola had known Helen long enough to know that one "I love you" wouldn't make her change her mind about anything...
                      Besides, and it's just my opinion here, his words "I love you" are by far not the clearest indicator for his feelings for Helen! It's the way he behaves around her, the way he looks at her and cares for her!!
                      Agree. I loved her shocked look though when he said it, and the way he was grinning at her reaction.
                      Yep, 1000 "I love you's" mean nothing if there's no actions to back it up.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                        Sorry, for some reason I thought you'd been around longer than I have, and I was lightly jumped on in the past for reopening old discussions and didn't want it to happen here.
                        Yes, but I began in the Sam/Jack thread
                        And I have a feeling that many discussions go in rounds on GW... it doesn't disturb me *shrugs* because every new member can bring in a new point of view... but I shut up already


                        Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                        Agree. I loved her shocked look though when he said it, and the way he was grinning at her reaction.
                        Yep, 1000 "I love you's" mean nothing if there's no actions to back it up.
                        Yep!
                        Besides, PTB back it up too!
                        *gotta watch that Tesla Special again*
                        "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                        "I am quite sure they will say so."

                        Comment


                          About old debate (edit: as my view, not meaning to stir up any old disagreements, but I think that his first appearance is important for interpretations of his character). I think Nikola was going to kill Helen in Rome. Because, if we try not to find a way to explain his actions as we maybe wanted to, why would he be trying to kill her if he wasn't going to?

                          But I don't think that had much to do with if he loved/loves her or not, it tells more of his views of killing people that get into his way.

                          He had just spent 60 years without Helen, and that is a very long time. If you meet your first love when you are 20 and spent the next 60 years without him/her, you are 80 years old and dying for old age already. It is a lifetime, practically speaking. Memories will get blurred, emotions will fade and priorities may chance many times.

                          For me it is quite obvious Helen wasn't his priority at the moment... Since then his priorities have shifted again. I think it was when James died. When he saw James die, he looked like he understood again that not even for him death isn't all about tasty, delicious, exciting human blood. When people die he himself loses them (forever? but that is another can of worms!) and some people he doesn't want to lose.

                          Personally I think that in Rome Nikola himself didn't think he loved Helen. His "it would never have worked between us", or whatever the exact words were, was said too easily. If the "I love you" was sincere he wouldn't have nullified that by something like that.

                          But why did he bring that up in the first place? As es mentioned, he should have known that one "I love you" wouldn't chance a thing with Helen. Maybe he had forgotten how Helen was, or thought that she had chanced over the years (that is something that might have explained why he was so ready to kill her), or he had misplaced a marble or two and was pretty much saying things that his subconscious mind made him say. Judging by his other behavior at the day, I vote for the latest option (Again thinking the same thoughts as es, maybe he had rationalized his reasons while he lacked any true human contact. That doesn't usually bring out the most, eh, sane choices)

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                            About old debate (edit: as my view, not meaning to stir up any old disagreements, but I think that his first appearance is important for interpretations of his character). I think Nikola was going to kill Helen in Rome. Because, if we try not to find a way to explain his actions as we maybe wanted to, why would he be trying to kill her if he wasn't going to?

                            But I don't think that had much to do with if he loved/loves her or not, it tells more of his views of killing people that get into his way.

                            He had just spent 60 years without Helen, and that is a very long time. If you meet your first love when you are 20 and spent the next 60 years without him/her, you are 80 years old and dying for old age already. It is a lifetime, practically speaking. Memories will get blurred, emotions will fade and priorities may chance many times.

                            For me it is quite obvious Helen wasn't his priority at the moment... Since then his priorities have shifted again. I think it was when James died. When he saw James die, he looked like he understood again that not even for him death isn't all about tasty, delicious, exciting human blood. When people die he himself loses them (forever? but that is another can of worms!) and some people he doesn't want to lose.

                            Personally I think that in Rome Nikola himself didn't think he loved Helen. His "it would never have worked between us", or whatever the exact words were, was said too easily. If the "I love you" was sincere he wouldn't have nullified that by something like that.

                            But why did he bring that up in the first place? As es mentioned, he should have known that one "I love you" wouldn't chance a thing with Helen. Maybe he had forgotten how Helen was, or thought that she had chanced over the years (that is something that might have explained why he was so ready to kill her), or he had misplaced a marble or two and was pretty much saying things that his subconscious mind made him say. Judging by his other behavior at the day, I vote for the latest option (Again thinking the same thoughts as es, maybe he had rationalized his reasons while he lacked any true human contact. That doesn't usually bring out the most, eh, sane choices)
                            I prefer that last option too
                            He was like... high on his project! He didn't think straight.

                            I agree that a character's first appearance is very important. However, one can never know with Sanctuary It looks like PTB were experimenting a little in the beginning, and some characters are not consistent in season 1...
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

                            Comment


                              I think TBTB were not sure where they would take the character. I think his behaviour in that ep is out of character. I don´t know if he would have killed her or not but he didn´t attacked her. He could have said to Helen to go away or something like that, without killing her, after she said that he is an obnoxious ass. Maybe he was hurt that she didn´t returned his love, therefore his actions. I think if TPTB knew back then how ths character would develop they wouldn´t have shot that killing scene. Didn´t they say that they don´t like that "The Five"?

                              And this" I don´t think it would work" was just defense mechanism IMHO, I mean he told her that he loves her, always has and that they could take the Cabal down and then she shot him. His "aouch" said everythink. That went straight through the heart, not literally.

                              If he really would have killed her, and he would know that deep down in his heart, how could he possible be able to act this way with her like he´s doing?

                              If in "The Five" he wasn´t honest with his "I love you" why would he a few eps later, in "Relevations" I think, care about what she thinks about him and that she felt genuine concern for him and his "We all hurt the ones we love". Between this two events not that much time passed I think and if he was seriously all set to kill her, why should he care if she still likes him, after all, if not for John, here would be no Helen. I think he had a bad conscience, because of his actions but not because he tried to kill her.

                              If Helen thinks that he would have done that, how can she see him as a freind? That should be hurting. Maybe she knows him so well to know that all this was only show.
                              Last edited by Altariel; 29 November 2011, 11:19 AM.

                              Comment


                                ^ I totally agree with what you said about TPTB. It is irritating sometimes but I guess stuff like that just happens Personally I try not to think TPTB too much when I think what the character think or do, I see little value in it. I take the canon as it is given and try not to think too much Sometimes it is a challenge, as it is in this case.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X