Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by es! View Post
    ZaraShade:
    What an awesome vid! It's funny but it also fits Nikola (and Teslen) very well!

Moonlight curse:
    Shows used to jump the shark when the main characters hooked up. Doesn't mean it must happen... but PTB seem to be afraid of that.

5 seasons:
    Uhhmm, I thought that the standard contract for actors in such shows is for 5 years? But maybe I'm wrong.

13 eps:
    wiki sez:
    According to Tapping, producing a 13-part season was more practical than a 20-episode season, stating "I think 13 is a good number for us. Twenty was really hard. It was a great joy because we were able to flesh things out more. And I think had we been given more lead-up to starting our season, although we had a network pickup early. [...] We really only had five weeks to prep this entire season. And if we were doing 20, I think we'd all be in an insane asylum by now. Thirteen was like, we can do 13 with five weeks. There's no way we could've been prepared for 20."
    Oh okay, I didn't watch Moonlight. But I remember hearing someone talk about that scenario on this thread way back

I dunno, never heard of the 5 year contract. That would be one to ask Damian or Martin. Or actually Amanda

Yeah, like I said, they thought 13 eps was easier You can imagine how hard it is to plan 13 eps in 5 weeks let alone 20! :O
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

5 years contracts:
      I heard about them in the Star Trek franchise and I think also from SG1. I even wouldn't know how to begin asking Amanda such a question... I mean, I even don't know who is on the other side of these contracts... Maybe she (as a producer) hired herself

13 eps:
      I'm not quite sure what it means "to plan 13 eps". Like, shooting schedule? Or does it include "technical" details like budget, cameos, props?
      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
        5 years contracts:
        I heard about them in the Star Trek franchise and I think also from SG1. I even wouldn't know how to begin asking Amanda such a question... I mean, I even don't know who is on the other side of these contracts... Maybe she (as a producer) hired herself

13 eps:
        I'm not quite sure what it means "to plan 13 eps". Like, shooting schedule? Or does it include "technical" details like budget, cameos, props?
        Oh okay. That would be funny if she had! "Amanda, I think you're doing well this season, we're booking you for another 2" "Oh thank you Amanda, you won't regret it!"

13 eps:
        I think it just means like shooting schedule, who needs to be in what day, what props need to be made, the scripts, everything just to prep. I'm sure they would have written everything before hand etc
        sigpic
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
          Oh okay. That would be funny if she had! "Amanda, I think you're doing well this season, we're booking you for another 2" "Oh thank you Amanda, you won't regret it!"

Too funny!!!

Comment

haha, that's what my mind conjures up when you've been watching Amanda and Robin vids on YT
            sigpic
            Indeed

Comment

I doubt the actors have a 5 years contract. I think they negotiate this every year new. How could they have a 5 year contract if they don´t know if there will be another season? Then SyFy had to pay them without making profit if the show for example is cancelled after one season. But thats OT.

The Moonlightning Curse would never ever happen to Teslen. The writers are too clever to let that happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                I doubt the actors have a 5 years contract. I think they negotiate this every year new. How could they have a 5 year contract if they don´t know if there will be another season? Then SyFy had to pay them without making profit if the show for example is cancelled after one season. But thats OT.

The Moonlightning Curse would never ever happen to Teslen. The writers are too clever to let that happen.
                Yeah, I think they have contracts for so many months, maybe the main cast get 1 year contracts at a time, then they know they won't be killed off...for another year anyway lol

YUeah, I don't think the writers woulddo what the fans want with this couple, although fans opinions are divided on the couple anyway. Some want them to be proper together, some want flirting, and some aren't sure which plot they want lol.
                sigpic
                Indeed

Comment

es!: Oh. How could I forget about that! Too bad I'm not anywhere near his plays, I'd love to see him on stage...

Anyhow, I think 5 eps out of 13 this season is a very, very good result! And we already have the row of 4 without Tesla in them, that means there will be probably time when we'll get to see Tesla every week!
                  So would I, though I doubt they'll perform close enough to me that I can go, and I can't really travel to Vancouver, so

Really I'll be quite happy to have him in 5 of the 13 (though more would be better of course). He's so busy with the theatre company I'm just grateful he's able to be in as many eps as he does.

es!: And as heartbreaking as it is for a fan (like me), I honestly believe that the work on stage is more rewarding and challenging for good actors than TV. ....
                  I think JY said something in an interview about so many scripts for TV being so "thin" (don't remember the exact wording he used), but yes I do think theater work is probably more rewarding plus with his own company he has much more control over what he does. He can write, he can act, he can direct ....

StarSancFar: ....snipped....but if he was ibn it every ep, he would soo steal the show! "They'd have to rename it 'The Tesla show'
                  He could. He's such a scene stealer now! Maybe "The Helen and Nikola Show"?

WOAH! Why are poeople talking about season 5 being the last! You're thinking negatively, it hasn't even been announced that there is a season 5 yet and people are assuming it will be the last! What makes you think that! Chin up!
                  I agree. Let's give S4 a fair shot to see how it does in the ratings before we start worrying about S5 or if it will be the last.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
                    "While dreams of him and his fellow vampires one day attaining world domination remain in the back of his mind, Tesla’s longstanding friendship with Helen Magnus always seems to come first."

"Tesla has become softer in his relationship to Magnus. Yes, he’s always looking out for himself above anyone else, but it’s clear that he cares a great deal for Helen and would do anything to help her"

That´s truely squeeworthy.
                    *Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

I've been at my parents for the week as it was my dad's birthday so I've been missing out on Sanctuary and Teslen goodness so it was nice to catch up and read that!

Also Helen/Niko - I think after so long without him (from Helen's perspective) and being pretty much on her own for 113 yrs that she would be fonder of him and glad to see him... I hope we see it in their reunion but I suspect rather than openly admitting she's missed him we'll just see them closer and more flirty?

I'm pretty certain that she'll tell him about it if she's told Will/sanctuary staff I don't see why she'd keep it a secret from him.

I think despite the time apart (as in not being able to contact him etc.) she'll feel even closer to Niko in some ways because it's not like she disappeared off to another planet with completely different events / people altogether - she's basically been keeping an eye on her life and reliving through events just from a different perspective.

I think they'll still have that incredible bond / friendship - just perhaps more so in Helen's eyes after living things twice?
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      Also Helen/Niko - I think after so long without him (from Helen's perspective) and being pretty much on her own for 113 yrs that she would be fonder of him and glad to see him... I hope we see it in their reunion but I suspect rather than openly admitting she's missed him we'll just see them closer and more flirty?
                      Spoiler:
                      AT has said their relationship becomes more flirty this season, so yep. And in the past she's tried to hide how much she cares too, (her desperation to save him in Awakening followed by "don't let it go to your head.") so I'd say you're right about her not being open about it, unless 113 years of introspection has made her rethink how she relates to him, but I kinda doubt it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        AT has said their relationship becomes more flirty this season, so yep. And in the past she's tried to hide how much she cares too, (her desperation to save him in Awakening followed by "don't let it go to your head.") so I'd say you're right about her not being open about it, unless 113 years of introspection has made her rethink how she relates to him, but I kinda doubt it.
                        re: bolded... I don't think her character can change too drastically because a lot of fans already love Helen as she is/was S1-3... but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, there's that. But they really seem to have slammed the door on her getting back together with Druitt while opening the way for her and Tesla. Still, I think we're more likely to get more of the banter and flirting, maybe coming on a bit stronger, but still not a commitment between them. But that's just my guess and TPTB may totally surprise us either way. THey may be trying to fool us. LOL.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                            Yeah, there's that. But they really seem to have slammed the door on her getting back together with Druitt while opening the way for her and Tesla. Still, I think we're more likely to get more of the banter and flirting, maybe coming on a bit stronger, but still not a commitment between them. But that's just my guess and TPTB may totally surprise us either way. THey may be trying to fool us. LOL.
                            Yeah, that's what I think too.

Anybody seen parts 4 and 5 of that Behind The Scenes video? There is a bit when Amanda says that she bawled her eyes out at the script. I wonder whether they make Helen think Tesla died?... You know, after that
                            Spoiler:
                            kiss
                            in the season finale... maybe something happens and she thinks she'll never seehim again... and then he'll be back

Comment

It's all progress tho - Teslen wise I think maybe they'll be properly together in S5 - I know I read somewhere AT and co. were hoping for at least five seasons so it'd be a nice ending for them to finally be together

Anybody seen parts 4 and 5 of that Behind The Scenes video? There is a bit when Amanda says that she bawled her eyes out at the script. I wonder whether they make Helen think Tesla died?
                              OOhhh I hadn't thought of that! I was really worried though about the crying thing... wondering who could maybe be killed off? It would certainly tie in with him coming back in S5 though should they start a proper relationship...
                              sigpic

Comment

I would cry so much if they would let us think that Tesla is dead by the season finale. And then life months with the ambiguity and the danger that he really could be dead. *triesnottothinkaboutthat*

But I agree after
                                Spoiler:
                                the kiss in the season finale
                                they should be in a proper relationship in season 5, even more so if she really thought for a while that he is dead.

But I have another theorie for the season finale. Regarding the episode title maybe the Sanctuary is destroyed? That would be a reason for Amanda to cry, wouldn´t it? But probably I´m completly wrong, was just a thought.
                                Last edited by Altariel; October 27, 2011, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X