X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what a discussion!

And thanks for the link to the article!

Spoiler:
    ...by the climactic end of the season, Tesla is very clearly part of the Sanctuary team.
    I wonder whether that means he'll be in the main cast for Season 5??

However, that more probably means that he'll be no bad ass this season
    And I so much would love to see his chocolate side again!
    "Are you like, a crazy person?"
    "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
      Whoa, that is the worst Scenario imaginable! and Nikolas worst nightmare, but I don´t think (or hope) it will be that way, I think she will be even more attached to him, he is the only person besides John who will always be there and every human needs some constant in the life.
      It would be sad if she is so jaded that she needs no one in her life anymore. She wouldn´t be human in that case. So I´m happy to think he is even more important to her now and that her feelings increased immeasurably. Even if she has not seen Nikola one time for 60 years and then 113 years she still knows him over 230 years. That is still remarkable even if they don´t hang out with each other every day.
      Indeed a worst case scenario! But I fear it holds some truth in it... The other possibility I find likely (but less so) is that Helen has done some stalking in her years of absence and now knows more of her friends than she did earlier. A girl has to have hobbies, and what is a better one than stalking friends? That sound creepy, but... Also I like to think what kind of dirt she now knows of Nikola

Spoiler:
      Besids, so far I´m not to happy how they handled Helen 113 years absence, we had this one sentence in "Uprising" "It´s good to be home" No real emotions. I hope this will be picked uo one time more preferable with Nikola, for all I care even with Will, but pleeeeaaaase not with that "Monsoon" Chick.
      They said we will see alot of the friendship between the two and friendship is not just being funny together.So I hope they have some serious talk with each other.
      Regarding the article "“Tesla shows up at the center of some nefarious force that at first glance is the enemy of the Sanctuary but turns out to be something he is messed up in and requires the brains and brawn of Magnus, Will and the rest of the gang to sort out,” reveals Young." So he is somehow forced to do this? But it´s cool that he will warm up with Henry. I like their relationship.

"While dreams of him and his fellow vampires one day attaining world domination remain in the back of his mind, Tesla’s longstanding friendship with Helen Magnus always seems to come first."

"Tesla has become softer in his relationship to Magnus. Yes, he’s always looking out for himself above anyone else, but it’s clear that he cares a great deal for Helen and would do anything to help her"

That´s truely squeeworthy.
      About spoilery part, my money is on 'somehow tricked to do that' scenario. Btw this part it what I didn't like in that linked article because

Spoiler:
      too often Tesla in too deep trouble when we see him. It makes a perfect sense that he contacts Helen when he needs help, no argument here, but he should be able to take care of himself. That would be the fourth time Helen has to save him, and that is not counting Rome, when he needed to be saved from himself.

I admit the time he was mortal isn't the best sample for his habits in needing help but that plot is still getting old. I wouldn't mind if it was something like 'oh, Helen has such a good library, maybe I'll go there to check these things up, and that wine cellar of hers is bonus to that plan too!' or 'Helen is a medical doctor, I think her skills would be useful'. Only now it is 'oops, here I am, getting starved to death because I let some vampiric bugs capture me' and 'whoopsies, well, maybe Helen will get devamper here before trust fund brat decide I am not one to be trusted...'

Non-spoilery quotes, squeeworthy indeed

Comment

Spoiler:
        Besids, so far I´m not to happy how they handled Helen 113 years absence, we had this one sentence in "Uprising" "It´s good to be home" No real emotions. I hope this will be picked uo one time more preferable with Nikola, for all I care even with Will, but pleeeeaaaase not with that "Monsoon" Chick.
        They said we will see alot of the friendship between the two and friendship is not just being funny together.So I hope they have some serious talk with each other.
        Regarding the article "“Tesla shows up at the center of some nefarious force that at first glance is the enemy of the Sanctuary but turns out to be something he is messed up in and requires the brains and brawn of Magnus, Will and the rest of the gang to sort out,” reveals Young." So he is somehow forced to do this? But it´s cool that he will warm up with Henry. I like their relationship.

"While dreams of him and his fellow vampires one day attaining world domination remain in the back of his mind, Tesla’s longstanding friendship with Helen Magnus always seems to come first."

"Tesla has become softer in his relationship to Magnus. Yes, he’s always looking out for himself above anyone else, but it’s clear that he cares a great deal for Helen and would do anything to help her"

That´s truely squeeworthy.
        Spoiler:
        I hope there is some serious talking too, but not angsty, I don't want this to turn out bad. Just some serious talk about them and oxford and memories With a bit of flirting mixed in maybe!
        When he said that in the article I was like YES! That what me and others had predicted was going on. Because seriously, he wouldn't experiment on abnormals

I know I literally SQUEEd out loud when I read those!!!!!!

Originally posted by es! View Post
        Wow, what a discussion!

And thanks for the link to the article!

Spoiler:

I wonder whether that means he'll be in the main cast for Season 5??

However, that more probably means that he'll be no bad ass this season
        And I so much would love to see his chocolate side again!
        Spoiler:
        We can wish?
        But in a way that would be bad because then we wouldn't all be dying of anticipation to see him as much and it wouldn't be a surprise or gift, but no-on can argue that seeing Tesla more would still be aweosme!

You never know he could still be up to something sneaky

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
        A girl has to have hobbies, and what is a better one than stalking friends? That sound creepy, but... Also I like to think what kind of dirt she now knows of Nikola

About spoilery part, my money is on 'somehow tricked to do that' scenario. Btw this part it what I didn't like in that linked article because

Spoiler:
        too often Tesla in too deep trouble when we see him. It makes a perfect sense that he contacts Helen when he needs help, no argument here, but he should be able to take care of himself. That would be the fourth time Helen has to save him, and that is not counting Rome, when he needed to be saved from himself.

I admit the time he was mortal isn't the best sample for his habits in needing help but that plot is still getting old. I wouldn't mind if it was something like 'oh, Helen has such a good library, maybe I'll go there to check these things up, and that wine cellar of hers is bonus to that plan too!' or 'Helen is a medical doctor, I think her skills would be useful'. Only now it is 'oops, here I am, getting starved to death because I let some vampiric bugs capture me' and 'whoopsies, well, maybe Helen will get devamper here before trust fund brat decide I am not one to be trusted...'

Non-spoilery quotes, squeeworthy indeed
        Oh, I bet she knew some dirt in the first place, but NOW, oh he better not get on her bad side haha
        i think he mainly asks for Helen's help because its just an excuse to see her. Rather than calling up and saying, can I come over, which I doubt he'd be very comfortable doing. Not saying he puts himself in those positions on purpose or anything, but i think he could get out of them on his own, just chooses not to
        sigpic
        Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
        'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
        : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
        I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
        Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
          Oh, I bet she knew some dirt in the first place, but NOW, oh he better not get on her bad side haha

Yeah, dirty Oxford stories

Originally posted by StarSancFar View Post
          i think he mainly asks for Helen's help because its just an excuse to see her. Rather than calling up and saying, can I come over, which I doubt he'd be very comfortable doing. Not saying he puts himself in those positions on purpose or anything, but i think he could get out of them on his own, just chooses not to
          I like this interpretation
          Rescue me Helen, and kiss everything better, and all that
          Sneaky Tesla

Comment

Yeah, dirty Oxford stories

I like this interpretation
            Rescue me Helen, and kiss everything better, and all that
            Sneaky Tesla
            Teehee! I bet they both were so Mischevious back in the day! well, at least that's what us shippers seem to think looking at all the fanfics out there
            Heehee, I could so see someone making a fic out of that now!
            sigpic
            I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
            Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
              ......snip..... Some have estimated that even 1 % of people are psychopaths, meaning that few turn to killer at all, or choose a criminal career. Some do very well in job market, to the point that some studies claim that 3-4 % of corporate managers are psychopaths. Apparently being a psychopath doesn't mean you are a psycho

Stubborn is good Specially for a scientist.
              That's interesting. So that's what's wrong with those corporate managers
              Yep, stubborn can be a good trait. Also known as persistence, to put a more positive term to it.

Altariel: Whoa, that is the worst Scenario imaginable! and Nikolas worst nightmare, but I don´t think (or hope) it will be that way, I think she will be even more attached to him, he is the only person besides John who will always be there and every human needs some constant in the life.
              It would be sad if she is so jaded that she needs no one in her life anymore. She wouldn´t be human in that case. So I´m happy to think he is even more important to her now and that her feelings increased immeasurably
              I agree. They really know her and understand her in a way nobody else does because of their history. ANd I wouldn't want Helen to shut herself off emotionally that way. Somehow I don't think she will. She's too smart.

Regarding JY being in the main cast for S5 -- probably not because of his theater company, but hopefully he'll be in it enough to keep us happy.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                That's interesting. So that's what's wrong with those corporate managers
                Yep, stubborn can be a good trait. Also known as persistence, to put a more positive term to it.

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                Regarding JY being in the main cast for S5 -- probably not because of his theater company, but hopefully he'll be in it enough to keep us happy.
                Oh. How could I forget about that! Too bad I'm not anywhere near his plays, I'd love to see him on stage...

Anyhow, I think 5 eps out of 13 this season is a very, very good result! And we already have the row of 4 without Tesla in them, that means there will be probably time when we'll get to see Tesla every week! *squeeeee*

Btw, does anybody know why season 3 was "long" and season 4 is "short" again?

Comment

Maybe the ratings for season 3 were not good enough for a long fourth season, so I hope season 5 will not get even more short. But I will remain optimistic, I hope for a season 5 with again 13 eps.

Regarding JY I would really hope he is regular in season 5. He can easily take a break from his theatre work! Why not? There are many other actors I think who can keep things ticking over? And his wife in the theatre company too. It would be great, all the more if season 5 really is the last. If he really want, he could. Couldn´t he?

The part about Tesla being clearly in the Sanctuary team in the end of the season kinda sounds like it is possible. Maybe something has been arranged already?

Spoiler:
                  How cool would that be? In the last ep of season 4 the kiss, him then being a regular in season 5 and much time to bring them together in season 5. I think it would take all season 5 for Helen to pick up pace, for she surely will understate that kiss.

Comment

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I really don't think TPTB will risk the Moonlight curse... IF they let Helen be with somebody, it will happen only in the very end of the show imo (which is still perfectly fine with me )

It is very sad to think that season 5 might be the last... but hey, we've gotta be grateful for what we have, right? SGU didn't get even that many seasons.

And as heartbreaking as it is for a fan (like me), I honestly believe that the work on stage is more rewarding and challenging for good actors than TV. Jonathon could make room for 13 episodes a year in his schedule, that's for sure, but I think he might prefer the diversity of being a part of many projects.

PS:
                    True, the writers can write Tesla really well. Maybe they are afraid he'd steal the show if he would be in every ep of Sanctuary! I mean, I'd hate them reduce him to Helen's genius side-kick... And if we get to see Tesla in all his might and glory in every episode, he'd totally steal the show. And I'd love it
                    Last edited by es!; 25 October 2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

But it would be boring if it happens in the last ep, we would never see that relationship work out and that IMHO is the interesting part about that, not just "I love you, I love you too, you wanna be in a relationship with me? Why not!" I wanna see the after! I mean they bother us with Will and Abby and then they would seriously withheld Teslen from us?

Yep, that´s true, if he would be in every ep, he would so steal the show.

Comment

Oh, link the ficcie!! pleaaaase!
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7490608/1/Timeless

It's called 'Timeless', and it basically is just that Nikola went back in time with Helen too. So in other words a Teslen shippy excuse for them to have spent 113 years together...

Star: I think to have gone back in time and start changing things would be completley underlying the reason she went back- to stop Adam from changing the timeline. Plus, it doesn't just effecty a small number of people, it effects the whole world, depending on what she changes. For example, if she made sure the titanic never sank, then all those people would live and all the things on the boat would have survived. If it didn't sink, it wouldn't have been as famous as it is, and therefore there wouldn't have been a movie. Then those actors wouldn't have been in it and wouldn't have been paid, etc etc. I'm rambling but you get my point lol
                        Not to mention the whole 'God complex' thing. That whole 'what gives them the right to choose to change the lives of countless people in unknown ways?'

True, the writers can write Tesla really well. Maybe they are afraid he'd steal the show if he would be in every ep of Sanctuary! I mean, I'd hate them reduce him to Helen's genius side-kick... And if we get to see Tesla in all his might and glory in every episode, he'd totally steal the show. And I'd love it
                        Hehe. So very true.

Aaand...Star here's the lightning vid (new Teslen vid) -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goHxt9_0Fxs

It went a bit crazy... but hey, the excitement of Sanctuary being back and all...

Comment

Oh. How could I forget about that! Too bad I'm not anywhere near his plays, I'd love to see him on stage...

Anyhow, I think 5 eps out of 13 this season is a very, very good result! And we already have the row of 4 without Tesla in them, that means there will be probably time when we'll get to see Tesla every week! *squeeeee*

Btw, does anybody know why season 3 was "long" and season 4 is "short" again?
                          I'd LOVE to see him act on stage, the only theatre play I've ever been to are those pantomime things at christmas... I would love to experience a real play! And one with J-Yo would be epic!
                          Tesla every week....every week....YIPEEEE! *does tesla happy dance*

I'm not sure why S3 was long, or why they made it short again, but it isn't a bad thing, Amanda Tapping said it was good that they made it short again cause they were so god damn busy and exhausted with 20 eps! But I think they have the same budget etc...

Maybe the ratings for season 3 were not good enough for a long fourth season, so I hope season 5 will not get even more short. But I will remain optimistic, I hope for a season 5 with again 13 eps.

Regarding JY I would really hope he is regular in season 5. He can easily take a break from his theatre work! Why not? There are many other actors I think who can keep things ticking over? And his wife in the theatre company too. It would be great, all the more if season 5 really is the last. If he really want, he could. Couldn´t he?

The part about Tesla being clearly in the Sanctuary team in the end of the season kinda sounds like it is possible. Maybe something has been arranged already?

Spoiler:
                          How cool would that be? In the last ep of season 4 the kiss, him then being a regular in season 5 and much time to bring them together in season 5. I think it would take all season 5 for Helen to pick up pace, for she surely will understate that kiss.
                          No, I don't think it was the ratings, I think the ratings were some of the best weren't they? ANyone help with the info on that?
                          I doubt they'd make the next season *fingers crossed for season 5* any shorter than 13 eps

I suppose he could take a break, but I doubt he would for some reason *shrugs* but if he was ibn it every ep, he would soo steal the show! They'd have to rename it 'The Tesla show'

I hate to be a wet blanket, but I really don't think TPTB will risk the Moonlight curse... IF they let Helen be with somebody, it will happen only in the very end of the show imo (which is still perfectly fine with me )

It is very sad to think that season 5 might be the last... but hey, we've gotta be grateful for what we have, right? SGU didn't get even that many seasons.

And as heartbreaking as it is for a fan (like me), I honestly believe that the work on stage is more rewarding and challenging for good actors than TV. Jonathon could make room for 13 episodes a year in his schedule, that's for sure, but I think he might prefer the diversity of being a part of many projects.

PS:
                          Whats the moonlight curse? But yeah, I think they would do that too, it seems sensible, do it at the last season (which I hope will not be anytime soon )

WOAH! Why are poeople talking about season 5 being the last! You're thinking negatively, it hasn't even been announced that there is a season 5 yet and people are assuming it will be the last! What makes you think that! Chin up!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Tesla in every ep too! *cheesy grin*

Originally posted by ZaraShade View Post
                          http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7490608/1/Timeless

It's called 'Timeless', and it basically is just that Nikola went back in time with Helen too. So in other words a Teslen shippy excuse for them to have spent 113 years together...

Not to mention the whole 'God complex' thing. That whole 'what gives them the right to choose to change the lives of countless people in unknown ways?'

Hehe. So very true.

Aaand...Star here's the lightning vid (new Teslen vid) -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goHxt9_0Fxs

It went a bit crazy... but hey, the excitement of Sanctuary being back and all...
                          Thanks, I'll go read that in a jiffy
                          Me loves some teslen-shippy-time-travel-fluff! lol

Yeah, the God Complex would be another reason, never thought of that one

OMGOMGOMGOMG! I LOVE IT! *tackle hugs* Thanks so much for doing the song! Love the craziness of it! *SQUEEEE*
                          sigpic
                          Indeed

Comment

it would be great if he was in every episode but i would be afraid it would ruin the awesomeness of the character. i think having him in half the episodes would be just fine .

whats the moonlight curse? (i watched that show and mick/beth got together after the show was already announced cancelled).
                            sigpic

Comment

ZaraShade:
                              What an awesome vid! It's funny but it also fits Nikola (and Teslen) very well!

Moonlight curse:
                              Shows used to jump the shark when the main characters hooked up. Doesn't mean it must happen... but PTB seem to be afraid of that.

5 seasons:
                              Uhhmm, I thought that the standard contract for actors in such shows is for 5 years? But maybe I'm wrong.

13 eps:
                              wiki sez:
                              According to Tapping, producing a 13-part season was more practical than a 20-episode season, stating "I think 13 is a good number for us. Twenty was really hard. It was a great joy because we were able to flesh things out more. And I think had we been given more lead-up to starting our season, although we had a network pickup early. [...] We really only had five weeks to prep this entire season. And if we were doing 20, I think we'd all be in an insane asylum by now. Thirteen was like, we can do 13 with five weeks. There's no way we could've been prepared for 20."

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                                it would be great if he was in every episode but i would be afraid it would ruin the awesomeness of the character. i think having him in half the episodes would be just fine .
                                I agree, he's like a little treat
                                sigpic
                                Indeed

Comment

Working...
                                X