No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, he said in the five, 'You call this existance living' which clearly shows he's fed up of running from the cabal! poor Niko
    And on the topic of him not acting like he cared that Helen was dying in FKaC, maybe he thought he could find a way to save her or knew Adam could, and so wasn't worried?
    sigpic
    Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
    'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
    : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
    I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
    Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Altariel View Post
      (snip)
      And what I not understand, why at all shoot him? I mean she knows he is a vampire so she has to assume that it wouldn´t stop him.
      I think she shot him to distract him and slow him down so she could try to get away. I'm sure that knowing him as long as she had, she knew that shooting him would not kill him.

StarSancFar: And on the topic of him not acting like he cared that Helen was dying in FKaC, maybe he thought he could find a way to save her or knew Adam could, and so wasn't worried?
      I think he was worried, but he's just not the type of person who shows it. Plus he's more able to help her if he keeps his emotions under control, which he probably knows very well.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
        I think she shot him to distract him and slow him down so she could try to get away. I'm sure that knowing him as long as she had, she knew that shooting him would not kill him.
        Didn't Nikola say something in a later ep about her shooting him on numerous occasions? It was in the ep
        Spoiler:
        with the bug things that bite Henry and make him go nuts
        . So, obviously, Helen knew it wouldn't actually kill him. Besides, she just watched him get impaled on that spike thing on the wall, if that didn't kill him, I would say it would be fairly obvious to her that shooting him wouldn't do any permanent damage. I'd say she was just slowing him down.

So, I obviously can't use my sig that I made from the Breakfast spoiler, so I've switched to a different Teslen banner for now... Can't wait for the ep with that lovely little spoiler in it!!!!!!!!!!!
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

I think he was worried, but he's just not the type of person who shows it. Plus he's more able to help her if he keeps his emotions under control, which he probably knows very well.
          I agree, she shot him purely to distract him and slow him down. The only other way she could have distracted him was to...erm kiss him that would have done the trick!
          And I agree again, i was just making another suggestion, but I think he does cover his emotions so as not to get hurt.

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
          Didn't Nikola say something in a later ep about her shooting him on numerous occasions? It was in the ep
          Spoiler:
          with the bug things that bite Henry and make him go nuts
          . So, obviously, Helen knew it wouldn't actually kill him. Besides, she just watched him get impaled on that spike thing on the wall, if that didn't kill him, I would say it would be fairly obvious to her that shooting him wouldn't do any permanent damage. I'd say she was just slowing him down.

So, I obviously can't use my sig that I made from the Breakfast spoiler, so I've switched to a different Teslen banner for now... Can't wait for the ep with that lovely little spoiler in it!!!!!!!!!!!
          Yes he did He said something like 'shoot your employee day comes but once a year' or something like that

Oh, I so wish we could use that lovely image, but we don't wanna ruin the fun for everyone!
          sigpic
          Sig by Yamiinsane, Thanks!
          'It's Nuttier than Squirrel poo' - Amanda Tapping
          : Thats it! Sphere, planet, label, name! : Following, still, you, not!
          I'm not crazy...I just have another consciousness in my brain! So he just looks crazy then?
          Indeed

Comment

Originally posted by misaditas View Post
            Having just watching For King and Country last night, Nikola did seem oddly quiet. I mean, Henry pulls him up on it (and as an aside, I adore Niko+Henry) though it's apparently about the "holographic pinata".

Annoyance and anger are more active emotions than fear, though; in that they motive you into doing, whereas fear tends to paralyse you. I wonder if Nikola was concentrating on what was aggravating him in order to stay clear-headed. The scene where he takes Helen's authority away seems quite cold on the surface, but he's acting in her best interests really. I don't think he could have stayed objective if he'd allowed fear to get the better of him.

I think what we have to remember is that Nikola is very analytical. That's not to say he doesn't feel emotions, but we are less likely to see him act on them. Even the deleted scene is very calm. So basically, unless he gets overwhelmed, most of the time we're only seeing the surface - internally, he could be any but.
            IDK, fear can actually be pretty motivating. But it depends on the person. In Nikola's case, you're right - he tends to cover his fear up because if not he most likely would freeze up. And probably because (a) he's more insecure than he lets on and he doesn't like exposing his vulnerability, (b) he likes to be in control and intense emotions like fear probably make him feel like he's losing control of his own self, and (c) he's the kind of person who tries to deny that anything truly bad is happening because he can't properly deal with facing pain.

The latter one I'm particularly sure he has an issue with because I'm like that myself and I can easily pick up on that trait if I see it in other people, real or fictional. Every time they're in a dire situation he's the only one not freaking out, probably partly because his flippancy is his only way of deflecting extreme anxiety. I do it pretty often. Like when 9-11 happened, I kept trying to tell myself that it wasn't as dangerous a situation as everyone was making it out to be because if I admitted that the situation really WAS that terrible (plus I was a kid at the time) I would've been absolutely terrified. Also, it has a lot to do with perfectionism - I just want everything to be "fixed" right away because it's easier and less painful, and I think Niko is the same way - that's why he acts like stuff isn't a big deal. It's easier to live under the illusion that a problem is perfectly fixable and can be fixed quickly rather than to admit that the problem is too big to handle.

Yes he told her in "The Five" but after that he tried (but I´m sure he would NOT have klled her) to kill her. What would you think if you were Magnus? After that I wouldn´t be really sure if he loves me. And how she said that he is an obnoxious ass, I assume later she changed her mind *still squeeing*

He was really strange in that ep, but I think the concept of this character at this time was not really elaborated.
            I noticed, that when he told her that it would not work out, this love, ( and I´m sure at this moment he was hurt) he had his vamp mask on and I´m betting being in his vampire mood makes it easier for him to control his emotions. Besides that, I think Helen overreacted, was it really necessary to shoot him, why not talk to him like she always does?
            And what I not understand, why at all shoot him? I mean she knows he is a vampire so she has to assume that it wouldn´t stop him.
            My take on "The Five" is that now it's slightly OOC because the Nikola in that ep (and the Niko-Helen interaction) is slightly inconsistent with the Nikola that we've seen from the end of season 1 onward. Niko seemed a lot more ambiguous of a character and more dangerous in that ep that he's been shown to be in later episodes. Plus, the way he treats Helen is a little different as well (he doesn't seem to solely be using her for his ends - it's more of a competitive friendship like J-Yo said in the DVD feature). I think what you said is right; he wasn't as developed then and I don't think the writers honestly knew what they wanted to do with him at that point. Thankfully AT's and J-Yo's performances have really seemed to contribute to how their relationship has been progressing, because even from the DVD feature on Niko it seemed that they might just keep dancing around each other with endless UST but obviously now that's changed because AT and J-Yo decided to improvise in s4
            "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

My take on "The Five" is that now it's slightly OOC because the Nikola in that ep (and the Niko-Helen interaction) is slightly inconsistent with the Nikola that we've seen from the end of season 1 onward. Niko seemed a lot more ambiguous of a character and more dangerous in that ep that he's been shown to be in later episodes. Plus, the way he treats Helen is a little different as well (he doesn't seem to solely be using her for his ends - it's more of a competitive friendship like J-Yo said in the DVD feature). I think what you said is right; he wasn't as developed then and I don't think the writers honestly knew what they wanted to do with him at that point. Thankfully AT's and J-Yo's performances have really seemed to contribute to how their relationship has been progressing, because even from the DVD feature on Niko it seemed that they might just keep dancing around each other with endless UST but obviously now that's changed because AT and J-Yo decided to improvise in s4
              Thank goodness for that too!!
              But I totally agree with you about 'The Five'. He was OOC, but his character really wasn't developed. But that's to be expected, seeing as it was his first appearance on the show. Druitt's first appearance in the web-series was very different to what he was in the TV one. I think it took the writers a little while to get comfortable and figure out where they wanted to go. I think I heard Amanda mention in interview as well that once it went to TV they got some pressures from the network to tweak little things, but that they got settled back into doing what they wanted from season 2ish etc.

Comment

Plus, Amanda's comment on the DVD about how
                Spoiler:
                they love each other deeply but are too stubborn to admit it

was just EPIC. <3
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                  IDK, fear can actually be pretty motivating. But it depends on the person. In Nikola's case, you're right - he tends to cover his fear up because if not he most likely would freeze up. And probably because (a) he's more insecure than he lets on and he doesn't like exposing his vulnerability, (b) he likes to be in control and intense emotions like fear probably make him feel like he's losing control of his own self, and (c) he's the kind of person who tries to deny that anything truly bad is happening because he can't properly deal with facing pain.
                  Personal fear can be motivational - adrenaline kicks in and you've the fight-or-flight instinct - but when it's fear for someone else, you brain tends to be in your backside. You can react, but that reaction is usually blind and without thought. Nikola strikes me as the sort that stays very focused when his own life is in danger (Trail of Blood, for instance) but when someone he cares for is, then he has to fight to stay calm. Of course, most of that is beneath the surface, but I honestly think his rant to Henry had more to do with the Adam-Helen situation than he let on.

But I agree with what you've said, especially about him not exposing his vulnerabilities. I wonder if that's why he retreats so quickly in Animus? For all that he's a 150+ year old genius vampire, he doesn't seem to have the first idea about how to woo Helen. The flirty behaviour and innuendo, while funny, is actually quite immature. He's often like a schoolboy with a crush, which is kinda cute but makes me slightly concerned for a long-term relationship. I'd like to see him be more serious about that before it develops further. He needs to grow up (and I love him, I really do, but still...)

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                    Plus, Amanda's comment on the DVD about how
                    Spoiler:
                    they love each other deeply but are too stubborn to admit it

was just EPIC. <3
                    Dumb question, but whom did she mean? John or Niko?

Comment

I agree that Niko when we first met him wasn't quite the Niko he is now and I think that's a good thing as well.
                      IMO, he's one of the best developed characters in the show and that's part of why to me, the 'romantic' development between Helen and Nikola makes sense. Yes, he came in as a sort of bad guy, but along the way, you've come to see that there's so much more to him.

Dumb question, but whom did she mean? John or Niko?
                      Nikola
                      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

OMG, that´s just about the limit *megasquee* I thought the
                        Spoiler:
                        kissing scene
                        would be great, but for me that statement outdo that. I wonder when it began, at her part.

Comment

OMG, that´s just about the limit *megasquee* I thought the
                          Spoiler:
                          kissing scene
                          would be great, but for me that statement outdo that. I wonder when it began, at her part.
                          Without spoiling anything... The J-Yo/Tesla feature is really nice in that way.

I love to hear Amanda or Jonathon talk about how they see he relationship between Helen and Nikola. And especially AT has been explaining quite a lot at cons and interviews.
                          I'm looking forwards to seeing how S4 turns out when it comes to their (friend)ship
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Ok.. I want my DVD NOW. *off to foreign amazon..*

btw, because I have no screenshots of the breakfast-interview-scene, i wanna share a niko-sig (even though it's not very good). Because I'm so happy to be able to photoshop again
                            sigpic

Comment

OK, in case anyone really can't wait for the DVD's, or wants to ...dwell?

Here's a transcript of the Helen/Nikola bit:

DK= Damian Kindler, AT and JY are pretty obvious and MW= Martin Wood

Spoiler:
                              DK: Tesla and Magnus have one of those relationships that is hard to define. And I believe that’s mainly due to the fact that they’re both so old.
                              I think that Tesla... He abhores boring people.

AT: It’s so much fun to play it, but I can’t describe it. It’s... It’s this crazy friendship, with this very unabashed sexual overtone to it. From both of them.

DK: And the thing that’s the most, you know, kind of fetching about Magnus to him is that she’s anyhing but boring. And I think that’s what makes her attractive to him.

AT: When you’ve known somebody for that long and they know you as well as Tesla and Magnus know each other, I think it’s almost like that sexual tension is just...explosive, (laughs) but nothing can happen. Because it’s like: ‘’Then would we still have that tension?’’

MW: I think that Tesla and Magnus probably at some point had some kind of thing that went on. Because she admires the giant brain, he has a giant brain, but he’s just too much of an ...oaf and Magnus has way better taste than that. So I think it’s one of those... over the 160 year period, you get to have those little thrists, and not worry about them, although you still have to work with that person.

JY: Well, first and foremost, they’re old friends and I think it’s based on competition. It’s based on rivalry. And respect. And of course a love of ideas. And love of adventure. I’m always bringing up memories of adventures.
                              I mean, I think that Helen Magnus has Tesla under a kind of spell. Whether or not there was romance, I think should remain a secret untill it’s revealed. But there’s clearly always the potential for that. But if anything, that makes the friendship that much more interesting and magnetic.

AT: It’s an interesting... They’re both incredible geniusses, they’re both incredibly stubborn and they both love each other deeply, though both of them are loath to admit it.

DK: I think Tesla has always had a deep, deep place in his heart for Magnus, but knows that he is never going to be the love of her life. That tall bald and homicidal Jack the Ripper is gonna be the one that’s got her heartstrings.

JY: Definitely the deepest animosity between Druitt and I and it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out. You know, what kind of jealousy there is there.

Originally posted by SnowWhite View Post
                              Ok.. I want my DVD NOW. *off to foreign amazon..*

btw, because I have no screenshots of the breakfast-interview-scene, i wanna share a niko-sig (even though it's not very good). Because I'm so happy to be able to photoshop again
                              http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/1...backnikola.jpg
                              I'm happy you're PS'ing again as well.
                              It's simple, but effective!

sigpic

Comment

That part is kinda depressing
                                Spoiler:
                                DK: I think Tesla has always had a deep, deep place in his heart for Magnus, but knows that he is never going to be the love of her life. That tall bald and homicidal Jack the Ripper is gonna be the one that’s got her heartstrings. Poor Nikola if he always has to think that he is just second choice. You can´t have everything. It´s really sad, Druitt could be jealous cause Tesla is actually with her and Tesla could be jealous because he knows that she always will love Druitt more

Oh and thank you for the transcript :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X