Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamweaver View Post
    Something about the end of Awakening, she seemed to be laughing, like she was really happy to be with him right then.

that or the adrenaline had just dropped out and the endorphins were kicking in....I perfer the former myself
    I thought that too, at the end they just both seemed so content I don't think it was just adrenalin... although I can see why it runs high when those two are together

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    She secretly LIKES going on crazy missions that involve Niko. Which would explain why she looked so happy at the end of "Awakening." She loves being with him b/c it's always exciting when he's around. AND of course, he was ALIVE, which she was especially relieved about although she kept on denying it
    Totally agree, deny it or not she enjoys the excitement and spontaniety being around Tesla can bring, I think... possibly because after 160 years of life it's pretty hard to suprise someone but Niko always manages it?

Maybe the reason Niko always shows up doing something absolutely ridiculously insane is because HE JUST WANTS HELEN'S ATTENTION. Like a little kid who misbehaves so he/she can get people to pay attention to/spend time with them even if they get punished in the end. It's like he's so desperate to have her at least THINK of him that he feels like he has to pull some crazy stunt just to get that to happen. D'awwww poor Niko *huggles*
    I sort of agree... that he likes playing for her attention. But I think sometimes his wild ideas are just that... and he gets so excited about stuff and testing new boundaries that sometimes Helen isn't at the top of his thoughts when he makes his plans. Although, definitely always on his mind I think

It'd be interesting if we saw more of Nikola's attention shifting to another woman because Helen seemed so taken aback and off guard about it with Afina, would be funny to watch their little games with each other evolve in that way

Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
    Have not been around too much lately....been too depressed...did not want to bring everyone down with me...might have to disappear again though....so I want to thank everyone for being so kind to me always...you guys are wonderful and awesome *hugs*
    *hugs* sending happy thoughts your way, dear keep your chin up!

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
    *hugs everyone for being here*

I had a ...moment.

Still shipping strong!
    LOVE these as always! *virtual green* (because forum rarely lets me green the people I want to these days )

Originally posted by naiad View Post
    I'm getting involved in a new Livejournal RPG. I'm playing Nikola (so excited) but we need lots more folks, including Helen (and Will and John and all those pesky folks). Please some check it out!
    <snip>
    Sounds like a fun RPG, but to be honest I probably wouldn't be on the net long enough to fully participate... that and LJ still baffles me but if there's a link you could paste here when it gets started I'd love to give it all a read?

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    OMGGGGG I hate to double-post but I'm watching the season finale and OMG. John has seriously screwed over any chance of Helen getting back together with him. Just...lol. *megafacepalm*

I guess his desperation is supposed to be tragic but I just find it funny for some reason xD I mean...not even Niko is THAT desperate. He has enough common sense not to pull a stunt like that. WOW. Just...WOW.

roflmao
    Just watched the finale myself and...
    Spoiler:
    just the whole bit about "that's not love" that she says to John when he explains his plan.... and what was the bit at the end with Adam Worth? I kind of missed that bit but I gather it showed John's intentions in an even worse light?

re: John's desperation...
    Spoiler:
    I guess it did come across to me as a little tragic, I did kind of feel for him a little. But either way, it's nice to see that 'obsessive' or not... putting it nicely (I mean, he does give off a bit of a stalker vibe), Helen's finally said to him it has to stop, that they're not meant to be together. Which, you know, as a teslen shipper rather made my day but then... are we supposed to believe John is dead? as much as I don't want John/Helen shipping, I don't want John dead

and sort of on a side note - regarding the end of the finale... wouldn't it be so great if...
    Spoiler:
    now she's gone back in time past Niko and future Helen totally got it on It could be one explanation why he's pined for her for over a century if they'd had one rather memorable night together
    sigpic
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Oh what beautiful scenes between Helen and John in the last episode! .... LOL
      We won a battle, the war will be over!

Comment

Oh what beautiful scenes between Helen and John in the last episode! .... LOL
        We won a battle, the war will be over!
        As Roman general Julius Caesar said, Veni Vidi Vici - Latin for "we came, we saw and we totally conquered".
        Even though we have won a battle, I will still keeping fighting with my banners raised high, my sword in my hand and my heart on my sleeve.

On the matters of Into the Black...

Spoiler:
        Wow, now that was an ear-popping, jaw-dropping season finale. Helen saying " I never want to see you again" to John really made my day. However, I have this funny feeling that the writers might throw John and Helen together again. Before, they really enjoy playing around with the Druitt relationship and the Tesla relationship just to keep us guessing and I don't think they will ever "really" stop. It would be interesting to see if past Tesla and future Helen met. Damien Kindler did say that Season 4 Episode 1 "Tempus" was better than "Normandy" and "Normandy" was pretty good.

Comment

Now that I've finally come off and watched the whole episode Into the Black, I will say only this:

My jaw is still dropped by what I saw and I hope to see more Teslen in S4.

On another note:

I'm about to make another Calendar but I need to know which is said.

In The Five when Nikola asks Helen what did she do to piss off the Cabal, does he say:
          My god, you look so sexy with a gun. Or,
          My god, you look sick with a gun. ????

It sounds like he is saying the latter but I want to make sure I'm getting it correctly. Thanks
          sigpic
          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Got another banner, not snurchable

On the edge of breaking down
            sigpic
            Banner made by me

Comment

Love it Glitch!
              sigpic
              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Oh, I adored Into the Black. And I immediately had to write fic in response as a Teslenite:

Spain, 1946
                Nikola watched the countryside pass by, the golden hills and miles of olive trees that made up Extremadura. The only things going to Guadalupe today was a load of tomatoes, a few stray pilgrims and one vampire, all riding in the back of a truck with a suspect carburetor. Helen definitely knew people in every back of beyond place in the world. He supposed there were worse places to hide from the remnants of the Nazi Ahnenerbe and the US government and the Soviets. Perhaps he could acquire some of that delicious local chestnut liquor and some good sherry and settle in for a bit while figuring out where to run to next.
                When he got to the little farmhouse, it was near dust. There were nine chickens and one huge turkey in the chaotic yard, and Nikola wondered if he would have to feed them all. They weren’t pigeons, but he supposed he could do a few such menial tasks to keep his benefactor happy. All Helen had told him before a surprisingly tearful goodbye was that his contact was named Penelope. She was red-haired, somewhat unhinged, and usually reliable. Helen said she’d known her for over thirty years, and that the woman always seemed to be in the most unlikely place where Helen needed and ally. Hiding a vampire on the lam from most of the world’s superpowers seemed to fit her capabilities to a T.
                He did not bother knocking on the crisply painted green door, and it wasn’t locked. He swung it open to see a woman with long red braid sitting at a homey little kitchen table, an open bottle of chestnut liquor and two small glasses in front of her.
                “Penelope, I presume? I am…”
                “Nikola Tesla.”
                The voice was unmistakable, and when she turned and smiled, Nikola was love struck once again. “Penelope? Am I supposed to be your Odysseus?” He clucked his tongue and strode closer as the woman rose to her feet. “I had hoped you would miss me, Helen. But it’s only been four days. I’m touched that you would go to such lengths to see me. I do quite like the red hair, it suits your temperament.”

For the rest: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7105318/1/

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                  (snipped)
                  I'm about to make another Calendar but I need to know which is said.

In The Five when Nikola asks Helen what did she do to piss off the Cabal, does he say:

It sounds like he is saying the latter but I want to make sure I'm getting it correctly. Thanks
                  I think he said "My god you look sexy with a gun."

lastrequest It'd be interesting if we saw more of Nikola's attention shifting to another woman because Helen seemed so taken aback and off guard about it with Afina, would be funny to watch their little games with each other evolve in that way
                  That's a good idea. Maybe then she'd wake up and realize how much she does care for him.

Spoiler:

I guess it did come across to me as a little tragic, I did kind of feel for him a little. But either way, it's nice to see that 'obsessive' or not... putting it nicely (I mean, he does give off a bit of a stalker vibe), Helen's finally said to him it has to stop, that they're not meant to be together. Which, you know, as a teslen shipper rather made my day but then... are we supposed to believe John is dead? as much as I don't want John/Helen shipping, I don't want John dead
                  Yes! I loved it...

Spoiler:
                  when Helen said she didn't want to see him again after this is all over. She made her feelings VERY clear I thought. So I was smiling and thinking that it might open the door a little more for her and Nikola. And I feel the same way. As much as I was happy about her "slamming the door on him" relationship-wise, I really don't want John dead because he's too interesting a character to get rid of and CH plays him so well. (And I'd bet he won't die, or if we think he did it will be fixed when they clean up Adam's mess)

Very nice, DutchIndeed. Hope you have more "moments."

Oh and one more thing about Into the Black:

Spoiler:
                  I missed Nikola! I thought he would be in this one because he was supposed to be in 8 eps this season. When I saw JY's name did NOT come up at the beginning it was a letdown. And no the 1/2 second flashback in Out of the Blue does not count as the 8th ep. Still a good episode, but it would have been better with Niko.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its "you look sick with a gun" I wish he'd said sexy! He meant it, boy can JYo leer well.

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      Just watched the finale myself and...
                      Spoiler:
                      just the whole bit about "that's not love" that she says to John when he explains his plan.... and what was the bit at the end with Adam Worth? I kind of missed that bit but I gather it showed John's intentions in an even worse light?

Spoiler:

and sort of on a side note - regarding the end of the finale... wouldn't it be so great if...
                      Spoiler:
                      now she's gone back in time past Niko and future Helen totally got it on It could be one explanation why he's pined for her for over a century if they'd had one rather memorable night together

Originally posted by monalisacode View Post
                      As Roman general Julius Caesar said, Veni Vidi Vici - Latin for "we came, we saw and we totally conquered".
                      Even though we have won a battle, I will still keeping fighting with my banners raised high, my sword in my hand and my heart on my sleeve.

On the matters of Into the Black...

Spoiler:
                      Wow, now that was an ear-popping, jaw-dropping season finale. Helen saying " I never want to see you again" to John really made my day. However, I have this funny feeling that the writers might throw John and Helen together again. Before, they really enjoy playing around with the Druitt relationship and the Tesla relationship just to keep us guessing and I don't think they will ever "really" stop. It would be interesting to see if past Tesla and future Helen met. Damien Kindler did say that Season 4 Episode 1 "Tempus" was better than "Normandy" and "Normandy" was pretty good.
                      Spoiler:
                      Y'know, I am a bit worried that now that Helen's gone back to the past something will change and then she & John will go back to annoying romantic angst again. But even with that Dr. Who-esque time-travel ending (seriously, that's making me cross-fandom freak out here xD), given how adamant Helen was about ending it with John before she went back, I highly doubt that no matter what happens at the beginning of s4, she's going to get back with him. Honestly, I think she finally saw their abusive relationship (b/c that's what it was) for what it really was and is NOT going to let herself fall prey to that again.

What I think COULD happen is that when John comes back (b/c come on, we all know he's not dead), he gets super-angry b/c Helen has finally moved on and decides to go on another rampage. Now THAT I would like. Angsty Druitt is annoying. Crazy killer Druitt is awesome Seriously, as scary as it would be, having him flip out b/c idk, Helen actually decides to give Niko a chance for once, would be pretty interesting. Plus, Niko can't die as easily b/c he's a vamp again so we wouldn't have to worry...about him at least. Helen would be another story. I think John might go into "if I can't have her, NOBODY can" mode and then try to kill her or something, and then...yeah I'm getting ahead of myself. But it'd be interesting to watch...

Oh, and @lastrequest
                      Spoiler:
                      that'd be kinda cruel of Helen to "get it on" w/ past Niko lol. Given how angry she was at the whole altering the past idea, I don't think she'd do it even if she desperately wanted to. Maybe pretend to be one of his hallucinations and tell him never to give up on her in the future no matter how many times past her rejects him? Now, I can sort of see her doing something like that

Fanfic time? lol
                      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

yamiinsane - I checked the closed captioning on the DVD. According to that the line is: "My God, you look sexy with a gun." Hope that helps.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Thanks It still sounds to me like he is saying the other.

I also come with another banner:

sigpic
                          Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Love it Glitch!
                            Thanks Yamii

Originally posted by naiad View Post
                            Oh, I adored Into the Black. And I immediately had to write fic in response as a Teslenite:
                            <Snip>
                            Love it Naiad

On a side note, he says you look sexy with a gun ... I cheated lol, turned my tv up loud enough to hear what he really says. He said sexy with a gun
                            On the edge of breaking down
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Pretty banner, Yamii

guess what?
                              I ACTUALLY WROTE A FIC. AAAHHH HALLELUJAH. xD

"As It Should Be"
                              Genre(s): Romance, Hurt/Comort, Angst, General
                              Rating: K+, General
                              Summary: She can't change his past. But maybe, just maybe, she can change his future. Oneshot, SPOILERS for "Into the Black."
                              http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7108589/1/As_It_Should_Be
                              OR
                              http://www.sanctuaryfiction.net/viewstory.php?sid=1044

"YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Thank you Mimzy and I read and reviewed your fic *is in a very good mood now* Loved it!
                                sigpic
                                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Working...
                                X