Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I just watched Awakening and I'm so in love with Helen/Tesla all over again... they are the best!! Why can't they be together???

Comment

All right, if you don't mind advertising, here's an excerpt from some of my Helen/Nikola fic:

"Now, unfortunately I do not think I've anything that would fit you. Can we try to resurrect any of that?"

He stooped to pick up the sorry remains of his wool trousers, and held up the pieces. The waistband was torn through, with no hope of holding together.

"I've got it!" He swept back into her bath and collected the black silk robe from a hook on the wall. He slid his arms into it and though it ended just above his knee, he was mostly covered if he managed to keep from getting too excited. Except for that remarkably vivid and wonderful bite mark on his neck. But he really didn't mind showing that off to all and sundry.

Once again she laughed as he returned, posing in the doorway to show off his attire.

"I think you look better in that robe than I do, Nikola. Shall I bequeath it to you?"

"I don't plan on needing many clothes in this room, Helen. And I doubt you will either."

She tilted her head as she pulled on her trousers, challenge clear in her eyes. "We'll see, Nikola. We'll see."

More here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7083116/..._preliminaries

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Just FYI, the Sanctuary Art Challenge Thread has Sleepers on this week as their challenge. I'd love to see some Helen/Nikola arts over there.

(And I'm not even attempting to discuss the ramifications of Monday's episode here. Hmpf. )
        Awe makes me wish I was good at art. So something I noticed on Into the blue;
        [SPOILERSOLD] one of Helens flashes of reality was a moment with Nikola, but there were none of John, or if I recall any of the other 5[/SPOILERSOLD]

kinda gets your hopes up dosnt it?
        sigpic
        Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

Amazing art!!

Originally posted by Pan View Post
          OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

I just watched Awakening and I'm so in love with Helen/Tesla all over again... they are the best!! Why can't they be together???
          Because that would just be way too easy for us. *pout*
          sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
            Awesome!

I've had time to watch them now. I really liked Carentan, it reminded me a little of DW too That they didn't try to resolve what happened in one episode, there is now a "Who did that/Why did they do that/ How did they do that?" thing going on, and a "Hey... You'll find out later " Which I love/hate about Dr Who..

Out of the blue surprised me, completely. I was ready for it to suck, to me too magnetty etc.
            It wasn't.

I didn't see much Magnett there at all.
            Spoiler:
            Yeah she married him but she also WANTED TO DIVORCE HIM

Clearly it wasn't a perfect dreamworld for Helen, so it's not like she picked her perfect mate. - I justify that as Ashley not being there AT ALL. If a parent who lost their child had a perfect world it would include that child, no if buts or maybes.

I think Helen even said "I married a man I hate." Since she does love/hate him doesn't she.
            So it was more like it took the idea of her marrying John, gave it a chance and even in her dreamstate she didn't want to be with him forever.

Magnett is in the past!

Teslen = Future
            Whoops I think I'm fangirl rambling now whoops
            I loved how in OoTB
            Spoiler:
            Helen and Will commit suicide the exact same way Amy and the Doctor do in that one ep in s5 (I forget the name of it, but I know they crashed the car/van or whatever xD). Somebody was watching DW while writing that ep

Anyway, on topic - this is how I saw all the Magnetty stuff (forgive me if it sounds crazy; I like analyzing dreams ):
            Spoiler:
            John's refusal to sign the divorce papers in the dream = John's refusal to let go of Helen in real life (b/c in every instance we've seen him, he still thinks they can get back together).

Helen's insistence on a divorce in the dream = Helen's subconscious desire to let go of John completely in real life.

Actually, I saw Helen's desperation to get out of the dream in general as nullifying any possibility of her having a life with John. At this point I'm probably reading too much into it, but she was SO desperate to get away from that world that it seems to me that at least subconsciously, she's given up on having a life with John and that she in fact is even repulsed by the idea of it.

Just FYI, the Sanctuary Art Challenge Thread has Sleepers on this week as their challenge. I'd love to see some Helen/Nikola arts over there.

(And I'm not even attempting to discuss the ramifications of Monday's episode here. Hmpf. )
            Oh, don't pout. It attacked one ship, but at least you have the other.

Originally posted by Emengee View Post
            Exerpt from a fanfic:

"Why do you even have this?" Telsa asked, holding up a book. Helen glanced at the cover and frowned.

"I don't. That's not mine, Nikola," she said. He scowled at her.

"This is the most ridiculous portrayal of my race that I have ever read," he replied. "I'm quite offended by it."

"I doubt the author knew anything about vampires, Nikola."

"Sanguine Vampiris is nothing to make fun of! We are not fiction!"

"Nor do you sparkle. I realize that. Not everyone does, however. They don't realize that they are offending the only vampire in existence. Wait, you read it?"

Full fic Here
            ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by Mimzy; 18 June 2011, 04:47 PM.
            "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I think Helen even said "I married a man I hate." Since she does love/hate him doesn't she.
              So it was more like it took the idea of her marrying John, gave it a chance and even in her dreamstate she didn't want to be with him forever.

Magnett is in the past!

Teslen = Future
              Welcome to the new age.
              Druitt can have the past. We'll take the future.

I've been lurking around and I thought I drop in to say hi. *waves*

On the matter of "out of the blue"

[SPOILERSOLD] I agree with all discussion comments said here. In out of the blue, when she told Will that all this time she thought marrying John would bring happiness and if she didn't, she "failed". That's why her heart always clinged on to this small sliver of hope that she and John can get back together. Well, it seems to me that she is starting to get sick of waiting for him all the time and grows to hate him. Her letting go in OOTB is almost as if she realises that she does not fail at life and does not have to marry John to feel safe and happy.

Meanwhile, Tesla has his heart holding out for her all this time. [/SPOILERSOLD]

What a great episode. It really opened up Helen's mind and we have a clearer understaning of where she is going in life.

Comment

Originally posted by naiad View Post
                Oh I really liked this last episode for the closure with John. It is closure, yes? She seemed pretty damn certain of it. If only Jonathon Young had enough time to be put into more episodes....
                Agrees. I think this was definite closure - and about time

Originally posted by Dreamweaver View Post
                Ok So in honor of Cekay and Nikola, Im posting this up. Honest opinions please?
                http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7086405/1/
                Will give it a look see

*thinks warmly about Monday's episode*

Originally posted by Emengee View Post

Full fic Here
                Will give that a look see too

Originally posted by Pan View Post
                OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!

They can! Have faith, comrades

Originally posted by naiad View Post
                All right, if you don't mind advertising, here's an excerpt from some of my Helen/Nikola fic:

More here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7083116/..._preliminaries
                Just read that already

Awe makes me wish I was good at art. So something I noticed on Into the blue;
                Spoiler:
                one of Helens flashes of reality was a moment with Nikola, but there were none of John, or if I recall any of the other 5

kinda gets your hopes up dosnt it?
                I didn't notice it I'll have to go rewatch the ep

Originally posted by monalisacode View Post
                Welcome to the new age.

Spoiler:
                I agree with all discussion comments said here. In out of the blue, when she told Will that all this time she thought marrying John would bring happiness and if she didn't, she "failed". That's why her heart always clinged on to this small sliver of hope that she and John can get back together. Well, it seems to me that she is starting to get sick of waiting for him all the time and grows to hate him. Her letting go in OOTB is almost as if she realises that she does not fail at life and does not have to marry John to feel safe and happy.

Meanwhile, Tesla has his heart holding out for her all this time.

What a great episode. It really opened up Helen's mind and we have a clearer understaning of where she is going in life.
                Welcome! Nice to see another fan de-lurking

I love how long Tesla's been holding out for her She seriously needs to give in to him!
                sigpic
                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

She really should give Tesla a shot. He may be off the deepend from time to time, but I mean she stuck with Jack the Bloody ripper for 100 years. yet shes more afraid of the guy who saved her life helps her whenever she needs it and allows her to shoot him whenever she feels like it?

Something about the end of Awakening, she seemed to be laughing, like she was really happy to be with him right then.

that or the adrenaline had just dropped out and the endorphins were kicking in....I perfer the former myself
                  sigpic
                  Wonderful Signature made by the increadible Nikola

Comment

Just to let everyone know about when to look for Nikola in Out of the Blue, if you haven't found it already :

[SPOILERSOLD]At about 8 minutes in when we see Helen have her first flashback. You get a second of Nikola and immediately afterwards she sees her daughter.
                    If you wish to see a screencap, I've been trying to stop it at that specific point, I'll have it up here.
                    [/SPOILERSOLD]

Going back through the last page made me think back and watch it again. I didn't see anyone else say they found it, so I thought I'd share it .

OT:
                    [SPOILERSOLD]Mimzy: The Doctor Who episode you were thinking about is Amy's Choice.[/SPOILERSOLD]
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by monalisacode View Post
                      Welcome to the new age.

Spoiler:
                      I agree with all discussion comments said here. In out of the blue, when she told Will that all this time she thought marrying John would bring happiness and if she didn't, she "failed". That's why her heart always clinged on to this small sliver of hope that she and John can get back together. Well, it seems to me that she is starting to get sick of waiting for him all the time and grows to hate him. Her letting go in OOTB is almost as if she realises that she does not fail at life and does not have to marry John to feel safe and happy.

Meanwhile, Tesla has his heart holding out for her all this time.

WELCOME

And I hadn't thought about that, but it makes a LOT of sense She doesn't need John to be happy!
                      She really should give Tesla a shot. He may be off the deepend from time to time, but I mean she stuck with Jack the Bloody ripper for 100 years. yet shes more afraid of the guy who saved her life helps her whenever she needs it and allows her to shoot him whenever she feels like it?

Something about the end of Awakening, she seemed to be laughing, like she was really happy to be with him right then.

that or the adrenaline had just dropped out and the endorphins were kicking in....I perfer the former myself
                      Yeah! I mean, he's always there for her even when he's doing something crazy. And you know she wouldn't indulge him so much if she really thought he was going to hurt her. I mean, even Will called it out on her in "Trail of Blood." She secretly LIKES going on crazy missions that involve Niko. Which would explain why she looked so happy at the end of "Awakening." She loves being with him b/c it's always exciting when he's around. AND of course, he was ALIVE, which she was especially relieved about although she kept on denying it

Also, I just had a thought. Maybe the reason Niko always shows up doing something absolutely ridiculously insane is because HE JUST WANTS HELEN'S ATTENTION. Like a little kid who misbehaves so he/she can get people to pay attention to/spend time with them even if they get punished in the end. It's like he's so desperate to have her at least THINK of him that he feels like he has to pull some crazy stunt just to get that to happen. D'awwww poor Niko *huggles*
                      sigpic
                      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Dreamweaver, I really loved your story You are a wonderful writer and artist too
                        naiad, love your story

Have not been around too much lately....been too depressed...did not want to bring everyone down with me...might have to disappear again though....so I want to thank everyone for being so kind to me always...you guys are wonderful and awesome *hugs*
                        sigpic
                        artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                        My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                        When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                        And I held your hand through all of these years
                        But you still have
                        All of me..." Evanes
                        cence
                        [/CENTER]

Comment

*hugs everyone for being here*

I had a ...moment.

Still shipping strong!
                          Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                          Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Thank you Aurora7783, and I really hope you feel better soon.

I'm getting involved in a new Livejournal RPG. I'm playing Nikola (so excited) but we need lots more folks, including Helen (and Will and John and all those pesky folks). Please some check it out!

http://stolensilencerp.livejournal.com/877.html

Some info from the founder:
                            We all know about Helen Magnus and how she started working at the Sanctuary; how she continued her fathers work after his disappearance. What if their was a past one that Helen rather not discuss; One that included a sister; a twin. There is to many secrets that one women can hold. Although she originally forgot about her sister, Evelyn Magnus had not forgotten about Helen. Evelyn killed innocent people and scared thousands to get to her sister, originally to send her a message, although now she is not so sure. Seeing her sister brought Evelyn back to a time where she was good, loyal and that brought back so many memories and she allowed Helen to help her. Although they may have had many bumps along the way; Family is Family in the end. With the Support of the Sanctuary network, They can survive anything especially this new found threat. Although if you want to know more; your just going to have to Join us, wont you?

Mod Note: Nigel and I have both decided that moving it to LJ would be much better for the rpg and ourselves, so we are on LJ and would like to let you know that the above paragraph is just some history and not much on plot, also this can be played as a what if rp, Every Character is open so far except for the twin and Nigel Griffin.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                              *hugs everyone for being here*

I had a ...moment.

<snipped>

Still shipping strong!
                              I love them!! *huggles Nad*

and *huggles Aurora* We love you!

and naiad - the rp sounds really interesting but I don't trust myself to be able to keep up with it - I'm not good with that xD
                              sigpic
                              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

OMGGGGG I hate to double-post but I'm watching the season finale and OMG. John has seriously screwed over any chance of Helen getting back together with him. Just...lol. *megafacepalm*

I guess his desperation is supposed to be tragic but I just find it funny for some reason xD I mean...not even Niko is THAT desperate. He has enough common sense not to pull a stunt like that. WOW. Just...WOW.

roflmao
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X