Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
    For the sake of the character though, I hope it's a little bit serious or that it's someone we already know, she already knows at least or I don't know. I don't want her turned into an adolescent with a crush like we've had with the kids this season. Please, don't do that to Magnus. (I have faith in TPTB enough not to believe they would, but until I see the episode, I'm going to be a little worried.)

Get writing!
    Totally agree! She's a mature woman so I'd hope that we wouldn't see any of that adolescent type behavior from her. It wouldn't seem right for the character.

lastrequest: I read somewhere she's getting some... action... so to speak. I think AT is fed up that Will/Henry etc. have love interests and she doesn't and is maybe worried her character's coming across as a little frigid for want of a better word
    I see her point. LOL I also think it would be nice to show her in a relationship just to show she does have another part to her life besides her work running the Sanctuary. As for who she gets involved with, I'd prefer it be Nikola of course. But I suppose they could also bring in someone she begins a relationship with and then something happens to that person, or "life at the Sanctuary" could scare him off (if they don't want to keep the new character permanently). It could be somebody she's been seeing for awhile but she's just kept it private until the point where we "meet" him (or her, since some people have suggested that the love interest could be either). *shrug* Or, more likely, it will be handled in a way nobody expects.

And another way they could have Nikola and Helen speaking Serbian would be back at Oxford with the rest of The Five. Nikola could speak it to her knowing only he and she understood it, so he could speak to her privately even with them around, or even just to annoy the others (and especially JOhn) because that's something they'd share that they weren't part of. OR he could also speak it to his own parents, maybe in some type of flashback before he left his home.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
      I see her point. LOL I also think it would be nice to show her in a relationship just to show she does have another part to her life besides her work running the Sanctuary. As for who she gets involved with, I'd prefer it be Nikola of course. But I suppose they could also bring in someone she begins a relationship with and then something happens to that person, or "life at the Sanctuary" could scare him off (if they don't want to keep the new character permanently). It could be somebody she's been seeing for awhile but she's just kept it private until the point where we "meet" him (or her, since some people have suggested that the love interest could be either). *shrug* Or, more likely, it will be handled in a way nobody expects.
      The bolded is probably what's going to happen. ;P
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I hope you like:

Spoiler:

The phrase was the only thing I could think of when I looked at the pic...
        sigpic
        Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Knowing the children and how much Will trusts Nikola (), I don't think he would be their first choice, but the general idea of them trying to set her up could definitly be it. You know, they try and get her to relax a bit... That would be hilarious!
          Will would quickly be out-voted by Kate and Henry. For some reason I think they'd be all for setting her up with Niko xD Will is just an annoyance now, anyway. They can just swat him away like a fly

(no offense - I used to love Will but now he just gets on my nerves)

But again, going off the "love interest" - I hope there's a mixup and it's really episode 5. Because we know J-Yo's in that one.

And even if it is just a one-ep thing, that doesn't mean they're going to drop the Helen/Nikola *tension* thing, because that wouldn't make any sense. They've been gradually building it up since season one so it can't just stop
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

New art. If you can call it that. My ps mojo is in hiding.
            sigpic

Comment

That's beautiful!! <3
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
                haha, here it is now

I'm disappointed the kiss image had a cool effect that disappeared when I had to flatten it to save as a .jpeg Don't know how to fix that. Oh well.
                I made the background though not sure if the texture I added works but I think I'm improving.
                OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO That is gorgeous! *snurches* I love it! I love it!

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                I hope you like:

Spoiler:
                http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...e/Teslen17.jpg

Pretty! I think the quote matches the banner and I love it!
                On the edge of breaking down
                sigpic
                Banner made by me

Comment

Thank you Glitch!
                  sigpic
                  Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Spoilered because I don't want to break your little hearts again. ;P It was back in January.
                    Spoiler:
                    Q2/ @Jakie Laf- In For King and Country + Vigilante, we’ve seen Helen & John get closer again. Any thoughts on Helen’s feelings towards him?
                    A2 / CONFLICTED!!! She loves him more than she can logically understand. But when has love ever been truly logical?

And this is the moment where I broke all of your teslenite hearts. As for me, I couldn't form one coherent thought. ;P
                    Re: spoilered...
                    That doesn't break my Teslenite heart ofc Magnus feels conflicted!! - I mean, John was the first love of her life so ofc she still feels for him, but that doesn't mean she's about to get back together with him. Too much has happened imo.

It's very true love is never logical! But I'm a firm believer John is her past, but Niko could definitely be her future

Yeah. I heard that too.
                    And it makes sense. As Amanda said as well, not showing Magnus in a relationship is "a waste of good stilettos". ;D
                    indeed it is a waste of good stilettos!

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                    Agreed! I'd love it to be Nikola, but if not I would much rather it be a new character we haven't met - I think maybe they could argue we don't see her personal relationships because the love interest has no knowledge of abnormals and what she does - and so she'd never bring them to the Sanctuary. Especially if it was a new relationship... I don't think she would automatically tell them what she did when she doesn't know if it's going anywhere - or if she's just having a bit of 'fun'

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                    I hope you like:

Spoiler:
                    http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/...e/Teslen17.jpg

Fab!
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Love all the artwork everybody you guys are awesome!!!
                      sigpic
                      artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                      My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                      When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                      And I held your hand through all of these years
                      But you still have
                      All of me..." Evanes
                      cence
                      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                        Re: spoilered...
                        That doesn't break my Teslenite heart ofc Magnus feels conflicted!! - I mean, John was the first love of her life so ofc she still feels for him, but that doesn't mean she's about to get back together with him. Too much has happened imo.

It's very true love is never logical! But I'm a firm believer John is her past, but Niko could definitely be her future

indeed it is a waste of good stilettos!

Agreed! I'd love it to be Nikola, but if not I would much rather it be a new character we haven't met - I think maybe they could argue we don't see her personal relationships because the love interest has no knowledge of abnormals and what she does - and so she'd never bring them to the Sanctuary. Especially if it was a new relationship... I don't think she would automatically tell them what she did when she doesn't know if it's going anywhere - or if she's just having a bit of 'fun'

Fab!
                        I completely agree with you on the John part. I can see her still having trouble getting over what happened (again with the attachment issues ) but I don't see her wanting to get back together with him. In a sense I think she still wishes she could make everything like it used to be in the past before everything went wrong, which is why we had that scene when she found John in Cambodia where she was lying down next to him. I think it's also the fact that she feels guilty for sort of "causing" what happened to John b/c of the Source Blood. (Although, if you ask me, he had serious mommy issues before The Five came together which is why he had problems with, um, *women* . yeah ). But I don't think, in the present, that she wants to get back with him because, yes, there is WAY too much that happened. (Also, I'm sorry, but IMO being in contact with a crazy energy abnormal does
                        Spoiler:
                        NOT just TURN YOU INTO A NAZI >_> I highly doubt Helen wants to have a relationship with a former Nazi officer...)

And especially after "Awakening," I really can't see her going back to John. Brooding over the past, yes. But not going forward with it. In "Awakening" she did look sort of guilty when she was freaking out over Nikola, like she still "owed" him something or she hadn't done enough for him. Because, really, some of his insecurities are kind of her fault. They were obviously good friends and then I'm guessing The Five pushed them apart, especially John. And considering how awkward he already had to have been with people, sort of losing his closest friend in the world (who just happened to be the woman he was in love with) would have torn him apart and given him even MORE trust issues It's like he probably thought he wasn't good enough for her, or something. (Another thing I want to see him admit - he actually went pretty far in calling out Helen for the jealousy. Now he just has to tell her how hurt he felt when she rejected him and then she'll probably cave ).

Anyhoo...I'm rambling again...
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                          I completely agree with you on the John part. I can see her still having trouble getting over what happened (again with the attachment issues ) but I don't see her wanting to get back together with him. In a sense I think she still wishes she could make everything like it used to be in the past before everything went wrong, which is why we had that scene when she found John in Cambodia where she was lying down next to him. I think it's also the fact that she feels guilty for sort of "causing" what happened to John b/c of the Source Blood.
                          Agree with bolded - exactly what I think about that scene and her feeling guilty *nods*

(Although, if you ask me, he had serious mommy issues before The Five came together which is why he had problems with, um, *women* . yeah ). But I don't think, in the present, that she wants to get back with him because, yes, there is WAY too much that happened. (Also, I'm sorry, but IMO being in contact with a crazy energy abnormal does
                          Spoiler:
                          NOT just TURN YOU INTO A NAZI >_> I highly doubt Helen wants to have a relationship with a former Nazi officer...)
                          Also when you think about the Ripper murders - even if you take the argument that electric-being-thing was inside him making him act that way... I just don't think such a destructive/violent force would have made him a)write letters to the police (although there was no proof the letters actually were from Ripper if I remember correctly what I've read), or the choosing of victims so specific (prostitutes)....

In 'Haunted' I got the impression whilst the electric-abnormal had an intelligence to it's plans, it targeted them all as victims... not one individually... just a thought though

Re: spoiler...
                          Spoiler:
                          Was he actually a nazi? I might be getting a bit confused having only watched the ep. once but I thought he told Watson something about being on their side... although I think he took the torture scenes a bit too far if that was the case...

And especially after "Awakening," I really can't see her going back to John. Brooding over the past, yes. But not going forward with it. In "Awakening" she did look sort of guilty when she was freaking out over Nikola, like she still "owed" him something or she hadn't done enough for him. Because, really, some of his insecurities are kind of her fault. They were obviously good friends and then I'm guessing The Five pushed them apart, especially John. And considering how awkward he already had to have been with people, sort of losing his closest friend in the world (who just happened to be the woman he was in love with) would have torn him apart and given him even MORE trust issues It's like he probably thought he wasn't good enough for her, or something. (Another thing I want to see him admit - he actually went pretty far in calling out Helen for the jealousy. Now he just has to tell her how hurt he felt when she rejected him and then she'll probably cave ).

Anyhoo...I'm rambling again...
                          Agreed, I too get the impression they were good friends I get the impression sometimes it was Helen who wanted him in the Five... but to be honest we need more flashback-history on them when they first got together to be sure.

*Crosses fingers Helen gives in to Niko's charms in Season 4*
                          sigpic
                          ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                            Agree with bolded - exactly what I think about that scene and her feeling guilty *nods*

Also when you think about the Ripper murders - even if you take the argument that electric-being-thing was inside him making him act that way... I just don't think such a destructive/violent force would have made him a)write letters to the police (although there was no proof the letters actually were from Ripper if I remember correctly what I've read), or the choosing of victims so specific (prostitutes)....

In 'Haunted' I got the impression whilst the electric-abnormal had an intelligence to it's plans, it targeted them all as victims... not one individually... just a thought though
                            Y'know, I'd never thought about that, but it makes a lot of sense. I think it just aided what was already there - he'd had to have chosen his victims. The energy abnormal did seem wacko enough to just cause general destruction for everything in its path, but it didn't, so I'm assuming John had some sort of control over it in order to direct his rage to such specific targets.

One of these days, I should use that in a fic if you don't mind xD It does fit with Helen's accusation in season 1? when she says that John had a predilection for murder :/

See, Niko can end up being destructive sometimes but it's only because he can be naive sometimes and his ideals get ahead of him He doesn't have any malicious intent about him, which is why I'm not scared of him as opposed to John, who I'm terrified of (although not as much as Adam - that guy is something else altogether ).
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Just stopping by to say:

1) I'm in agreement with lastrequest and Mimzy, and

2) I just came up with an idea for a fic. Granted it's not Teslen, but who knows. In Normandy:

Spoiler:
                              Nikola asked the officer if he knew the reason for Japan invading China and the officer said it was the Marco Polo Bridge incident of '37 but Nikola then asked if he wanted to know the real reason.

I hope someone can be inspired by this.
                              sigpic
                              Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
                                And even if it is just a one-ep thing, that doesn't mean they're going to drop the Helen/Nikola *tension* thing, because that wouldn't make any sense. They've been gradually building it up since season one so it can't just stop
                                Yes. In spite of my hopes, I actually don't believe her "action" in S4 will be with either Nikola or John, but someone we haven't seen yet. That way they can show a bit of that part of Helen's life without giving up teasing viewers with her relationships with Nikola and John.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X