No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just epic winfinity and shiptacular written all over it If you ask my opinion LOL
    sigpic
    artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
    My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years
    But you still have
    All of me..." Evanes
    cence
    [/CENTER]

Comment

O M G.

THAT WAS THE MOST ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FANTASTIC PHENOMENALLY SHIPPY TESLENFEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
        O M G.

THAT WAS THE MOST ABSOLUTELY AMAZING FANTASTIC PHENOMENALLY SHIPPY TESLENFEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Yeah..that about covers it LOL
        sigpic
        artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
        My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
        When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
        And I held your hand through all of these years
        But you still have
        All of me..." Evanes
        cence
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Watching it now, Niko = super cute also
          Spoiler:
          Helen "How long can you old on?"
          Niko "For the rest of my life"
          Good line!
          sigpic

Comment

O M G.

AGREED!!!!!

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
            SPOILER for Awakening

Spoiler:
            You know, as a casual Tesla/Magnus shipper I have been looking forward to this episode for a long time, but I have to say that I felt no shippy vibes in this episode. Their dynamic seemed totally friendship-only. I mean, some of the dialogue on paper definitely could have been shippy (I love how Tesla got in a cheap shot at Druitt, but I just wasn't feeling any romantic chemistry between the two tonight. What did others think?
            Ok I thought it could have been MORE shippy... BUT
            Spoiler:
            I am a teslen shipper so more shippy to me would have been anything from a peck on the cheek to Helen admitting her feelings.. But it was far more character appropriate as it was and still left both Magnett and Teslen shippers with the possibility of their ship.

I mean Niko's last request being read to me - At first I was like "AWW" then when it was about his curiousity about vampires I thought, typical Niko.

IMO Nikola cares for Helen but he also has a chip on his shoulder cause Helen picked John and he will always be a genius scientist and partly detatched.

The main aww moment for me was the argument the two were having bout Afina, Niko describes his type and says "And unlike someone I know she is actually interested in me" -That smacked of bitterness of unrequited love
            IMHO anyway.

Though I will point out some parts where the dialogue could have been shippy it lacked the heat I had come to expect from teslen scenes. I still LOVED it though

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            Spoiler:
            They're not about roses and poems. It's the snark and the little things. The way he stares at her sometimes. And under the snark, I do think he respects her a lot too. They do care about each other. Now you can see that as shippy or not.
            +1 Very well said!!

Spoiler:
            Want a non-shippy explanation for her caring about him so much? Will said it at the end of Sleepers. "You're the last of The Five." And I think that terrifies Helen more than anything. So yeah, her motivations to save and revamp him could have come from friendship, from love or from selfishness of not wanting to be the last of her friends. I personally think it's a mix of all of the above because Helen is a complicated character (as is Nikola - and, if I may, John, Watson, and Nigel). There are more than one layer to their relationship - whatever you chose it to be.

That wasn't too much anti-ship I hope. I didn't want it to be. I'm just saying. You guys that know me know that I'm not mean, right?
            Not too anti ship, and probably also very accurate I'm inclined to add in that Helen probably loves both John and Niko but isn't keen on getting it on with either but also doesn't want to lose either one of them.

And I WILL make arts this week to prove it! *huggles Teslenites*
            We know your not mean and I am SO looking forward to your art!! *huggles*
            sigpic

Comment

Well.

WELL.

*ENORMOUS BREATH*

Okay bear with me, because I am still SUPER HYPED UP about the episode and I have a lot to say (which will include random squeeing ). AAAAAAAAGGGHHH I am so excited right now LOL xD

Spoiler:
              First of all, you can probably tell I TOTALLY took that episode as EXTREMELY shippy based on my um, previous enthusiastic post Although I completely understand how some people can see it as more of just a friendship thing - that was the great part about the episode, that it managed to be satisfyingly shippy without being overwhelmingly so. At the very least, you have to accept that there is enough proof there that Helen and Nikola are pretty much absolute BFFs and were probably VERY close at the beginning of their friendship back at Oxford.

But, since this is, of course, the Teslen ship thread, I HAVE HAVE HAVE to go into just how much SUBTEXT there was in this episode, and there was SOOOO much.

1) The very beginning, when Nikola gets shot with the laser. THE LOOK ON HELEN'S FACE pretty much said it all.

2) The part when Helen asks him, "How long can you hold on?" When Nikola looks at her and says, "For the rest of my life" = OMGGGASKD#(*$FFvosiewo9ier923!!!! The expression in his eyes at that moment looked like he was unconsciously telling Helen that he's been holding on for her for his entire life since he met her and that the reason he was holding on at that moment was for her. And by the reaction on Helen's face, I could tell that she might have picked that up somewhat

3) When Nikola starts going into shock and he remembers the first time they met at Oxford. I swear there was a split second there when Helen slipped into memory land like she was re-living that meeting too. Like it was super significant to her

4) Helen's whole effort to save his life. Yes, she's been desperate like that before, but there was something different about this situation. It might have been that it all happened so suddenly and she wasn't ready to face what could happen, but I think there were a lot of layered emotions there. It got to the point where she was desperate on a level almost on-par with her desperation to save Ashley at the beginning of S2. Which means that despite the fact that she treats everyone at the Sanctuary like family, there is something especially important about Nikola. One particular part that I think is evidence that it crossed the line from being just a "friend" thing to something more is the part right after she injects him and he's practically dead for a second, and she tells him to fight. The first time she says it, it's an angry shout, but the SECOND time, she just whispers it in that utterly desperate voice. There was something about the way she was looking at him and cupping his face ( aww) tenderly like that that seriously set off my ship moment alarm. (Honestly, she looked like she was on the brink of trying to bring him back by kissing him like in a fairy tale ).

5) Helen's denial. OH, THE DENIAL in this episode xD I LOVE THE FACT THAT THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE (let alone Niko himself!!!) ACTUALLY CALLED HELEN OUT ON HER DENIAL OF HER POSSIBLE FEELINGS FOR HIM. First, when he's re-vamped and he notices the cracks in the crystal, Helen gets really SUPER awkward with the whole thing and tries to evade having to admit how afraid she was of losing Niko. If it was just a platonic thing, I don't think she would've been that awkward about it, since she seems to be comfortable with admitting to herself that she's friends with Niko. What she's uncomfortable with is facing the romantic side of it, or at the very least, that Nikola is far more special to her than just an old-time friend. Then, there's the whole fact that she was TOTALLY JEALOUS OF AFINA when her majesty started hitting on Niko I mean, she was subtle, but you could tell Helen was trying to hide it. And the fact that she got snippy when Niko accused her of it probably means that she was at least feeling a *teensy* bit of jealousy xD Btw, I really loved how Niko FINALLY got in her face about how she always acts like she's not interested in him and how hurt he is by it. BECAUSE FOR ONCE SHE FINALLY GOT TO BE IN NIKOLA'S SHOES. Instead of him being jealous of her and John, she was the jealous one, and I think (I hope) it may have opened her eyes a bit to how he really felt when she chose John over him. Up till now, she's been able to avoid showing too much of anything intimate towards Niko, but she was thrown off-guard by the whole situation and some of her defenses were shattered. Which is good. That woman needs to stop being in the denial/abusive relationship attachment zone.

6) The effort Nikola puts into saving Helen from Afina. A very popular argument from anti-shippers is that Niko is supposedly "evil" and "but he tried to kill her!" I think this ep was the final, DEFINITE PROOF that everything he's done to help Helen since "The Five" in s1 is not solely out of a desire to exploit her to get world domination. What exactly did he have to gain from saving Helen's life by counter-attacking Afina? Yes, the love of his life would still be alive, but he'd still be in the Friend Zone because Helen's not ready to take the full risk to openly admit that she *cares* for him. And that's been painful for him - yet he STILL SAVES HER. He SACRIFICES HIS DREAM OF REVIVING THE VAMPIRE RACE TO SAVE HELEN, he recognizes her as being more of his kin than his own biological ancestors. That, my friends, is unconditional love right there. Idk how else to explain it. There was NO ulterior motive this time. So YES, it is safe to say with absolute definite proof that Nikola really, truly loves Helen and would do anything for her.

So, um, yeah. That's all I'm going to say right now, since that was a lot. Feel free to comment on anything

But overall, all of the above was FAR more powerful than any kiss scene or sexy flirting scene because it actually showed so much more depth to their relationship and not just the sparks of mere passion/desire/etc.

and...now it's time for the obligatory squee

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Okay, truth be told:
                Spoiler:
                I was pissed off that Afina had the guts to even flirt with Nikola, but when her betrayal set in and Nikola realized that there was nothing to the flirting he went back to Helen.

Mimzy:
                Spoiler:
                Holy crap! I completely see where you are coming from here! I just had a thought: maybe Nikola is the love interest she gets in s4. With everything you stated, to me it makes perfect sense. But then again I can be completely wrong, but with that post I can see it!
                sigpic
                Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Originally posted by yamiinsane View Post
                  Okay, truth be told:
                  Spoiler:
                  I was pissed off that Afina had the guts to even flirt with Nikola, but when her betrayal set in and Nikola realized that there was nothing to the flirting he went back to Helen.

Mimzy:
                  Spoiler:
                  Holy crap! I completely see where you are coming from here! I just had a thought: maybe Nikola is the love interest she gets in s4. With everything you stated, to me it makes perfect sense. But then again I can be completely wrong, but with that post I can see it!
                  Spoiler:
                  Yeah, she had some guts to flirt with him like that. But to be honest I thought it was kind of funny, ESPECIALLY Helen's reaction to it.

Actually, Helen really NEEDED that - it was sort of a wake-up call for her, which is good First she's faced with literally losing Niko; then she's faced with losing his affection to Afina. I hope all that made her realize just how much she really cares for him and that she'd better stop being in denial or else she really COULD lose him somehow.

Spoiler:
                  Y'know, I was more concerned that the "love interest" would be some sort of one-episode flashback thing before "Awakening" aired. But now that I've seen this ep, I'm a little more confident that TPTB might actually make Teslen canon They REALLY seem to be leaning that way.

And OMG!!! I just remembered something - they really might do it b/c in some interview last year AT said something about Niko's "undying love" for Helen and then DK was like "oops, we gave something away" and then they wouldn't talk about it.

AND AT's Skype interview! The guy asked her about Teslen and she was all like, "hmm, I should get someone on that" xD
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Spoiler:
                    Yeah, she had some guts to flirt with him like that. But to be honest I thought it was kind of funny, ESPECIALLY Helen's reaction to it.

Actually, Helen really NEEDED that - it was sort of a wake-up call for her, which is good First she's faced with literally losing Niko; then she's faced with losing his affection to Afina. I hope all that made her realize just how much she really cares for him and that she'd better stop being in denial or else she really COULD lose him somehow.

Spoiler:
                    Y'know, I was more concerned that the "love interest" would be some sort of one-episode flashback thing before "Awakening" aired. But now that I've seen this ep, I'm a little more confident that TPTB might actually make Teslen canon They REALLY seem to be leaning that way.

And OMG!!! I just remembered something - they really might do it b/c in some interview last year AT said something about Niko's "undying love" for Helen and then DK was like "oops, we gave something away" and then they wouldn't talk about it.

AND AT's Skype interview! The guy asked her about Teslen and she was all like, "hmm, I should get someone on that" xD
                    Spoiler:
                    I think I know where AT Skype interview is, but do you know where the other interview was?

Yea, I am in agreement. Helen definitely needed that!
                    sigpic
                    Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      First of all, you can probably tell I TOTALLY took that episode as EXTREMELY shippy based on my um, previous enthusiastic post Although I completely understand how some people can see it as more of just a friendship thing - that was the great part about the episode, that it managed to be satisfyingly shippy without being overwhelmingly so. At the very least, you have to accept that there is enough proof there that Helen and Nikola are pretty much absolute BFFs and were probably VERY close at the beginning of their friendship back at Oxford.

But, since this is, of course, the Teslen ship thread, I HAVE HAVE HAVE to go into just how much SUBTEXT there was in this episode, and there was SOOOO much.

1) The very beginning, when Nikola gets shot with the laser. THE LOOK ON HELEN'S FACE pretty much said it all.

2) The part when Helen asks him, "How long can you hold on?" When Nikola looks at her and says, "For the rest of my life" = OMGGGASKD#(*$FFvosiewo9ier923!!!! The expression in his eyes at that moment looked like he was unconsciously telling Helen that he's been holding on for her for his entire life since he met her and that the reason he was holding on at that moment was for her. And by the reaction on Helen's face, I could tell that she might have picked that up somewhat

3) When Nikola starts going into shock and he remembers the first time they met at Oxford. I swear there was a split second there when Helen slipped into memory land like she was re-living that meeting too. Like it was super significant to her

4) Helen's whole effort to save his life. Yes, she's been desperate like that before, but there was something different about this situation. It might have been that it all happened so suddenly and she wasn't ready to face what could happen, but I think there were a lot of layered emotions there. It got to the point where she was desperate on a level almost on-par with her desperation to save Ashley at the beginning of S2. Which means that despite the fact that she treats everyone at the Sanctuary like family, there is something especially important about Nikola. One particular part that I think is evidence that it crossed the line from being just a "friend" thing to something more is the part right after she injects him and he's practically dead for a second, and she tells him to fight. The first time she says it, it's an angry shout, but the SECOND time, she just whispers it in that utterly desperate voice. There was something about the way she was looking at him and cupping his face ( aww) tenderly like that that seriously set off my ship moment alarm. (Honestly, she looked like she was on the brink of trying to bring him back by kissing him like in a fairy tale ).

5) Helen's denial. OH, THE DENIAL in this episode xD I LOVE THE FACT THAT THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE (let alone Niko himself!!!) ACTUALLY CALLED HELEN OUT ON HER DENIAL OF HER POSSIBLE FEELINGS FOR HIM. First, when he's re-vamped and he notices the cracks in the crystal, Helen gets really SUPER awkward with the whole thing and tries to evade having to admit how afraid she was of losing Niko. If it was just a platonic thing, I don't think she would've been that awkward about it, since she seems to be comfortable with admitting to herself that she's friends with Niko. What she's uncomfortable with is facing the romantic side of it, or at the very least, that Nikola is far more special to her than just an old-time friend. Then, there's the whole fact that she was TOTALLY JEALOUS OF AFINA when her majesty started hitting on Niko I mean, she was subtle, but you could tell Helen was trying to hide it. And the fact that she got snippy when Niko accused her of it probably means that she was at least feeling a *teensy* bit of jealousy xD Btw, I really loved how Niko FINALLY got in her face about how she always acts like she's not interested in him and how hurt he is by it. BECAUSE FOR ONCE SHE FINALLY GOT TO BE IN NIKOLA'S SHOES. Instead of him being jealous of her and John, she was the jealous one, and I think (I hope) it may have opened her eyes a bit to how he really felt when she chose John over him. Up till now, she's been able to avoid showing too much of anything intimate towards Niko, but she was thrown off-guard by the whole situation and some of her defenses were shattered. Which is good. That woman needs to stop being in the denial/abusive relationship attachment zone.

6) The effort Nikola puts into saving Helen from Afina. A very popular argument from anti-shippers is that Niko is supposedly "evil" and "but he tried to kill her!" I think this ep was the final, DEFINITE PROOF that everything he's done to help Helen since "The Five" in s1 is not solely out of a desire to exploit her to get world domination. What exactly did he have to gain from saving Helen's life by counter-attacking Afina? Yes, the love of his life would still be alive, but he'd still be in the Friend Zone because Helen's not ready to take the full risk to openly admit that she *cares* for him. And that's been painful for him - yet he STILL SAVES HER. He SACRIFICES HIS DREAM OF REVIVING THE VAMPIRE RACE TO SAVE HELEN, he recognizes her as being more of his kin than his own biological ancestors. That, my friends, is unconditional love right there. Idk how else to explain it. There was NO ulterior motive this time. So YES, it is safe to say with absolute definite proof that Nikola really, truly loves Helen and would do anything for her.
                      Totally agree took the words right out of my mouth
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Agreed, that's what I thought to, my personal POV was it was quite shippy (and just watching it again makes me agree - the facial expressions say it all!) but it wasn't so overly shippy that people that aren't into it will be put off. And I LOVE what lots of teslen shippers and ff writers have already thought of, that they were friends at Oxford. I would go as far to say that Nikola was immediatly attracted to Helen, he remembered what she was wearing. Clearly it had an impression! And they spent what was it 5 years together in Eqypt

Spoiler:

2) The part when Helen asks him, "How long can you hold on?" When Nikola looks at her and says, "For the rest of my life" The expression in his eyes at that moment looked like he was unconsciously telling Helen that he's been holding on for her for his entire life since he met her and that the reason he was holding on at that moment was for her.
                        Haha! I kinda thought the same here, I was like noo.. I'm reading too much into it and dismissed it and just thought it was a great line (and had to post it )

Spoiler:
                        I also like Helen's “Stay calm.” *tries to force open a rock door* clearly she was a little panicky over Nikola.

Spoiler:
                        One particular part that I think is evidence that it crossed the line from being just a "friend" thing to something more is the part right after she injects him and he's practically dead for a second, and she tells him to fight. The first time she says it, it's an angry shout, but the SECOND time, she just whispers it in that utterly desperate voice. There was something about the way she was looking at him and cupping his face ( aww) tenderly like that that seriously set off my ship moment alarm. (Honestly, she looked like she was on the brink of trying to bring him back by kissing him like in a fairy tale ).
                        +1 I adored that part!!

Spoiler:
                        5) Helen's denial. OH, THE DENIAL in this episode xD I LOVE THE FACT THAT THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME ANYONE (let alone Niko himself!!!) ACTUALLY CALLED HELEN OUT ON HER DENIAL OF HER POSSIBLE FEELINGS FOR HIM.
                        If I could give you green for that I would I will instead just say
                        OMG I KNOW RIGHT!!!!

Spoiler:
                        First, when he's re-vamped and he notices the cracks in the crystal, Helen gets really SUPER awkward with the whole thing and tries to evade having to admit how afraid she was of losing Niko. If it was just a platonic thing, I don't think she would've been that awkward about it, since she seems to be comfortable with admitting to herself that she's friends with Niko. What she's uncomfortable with is facing the romantic side of it, or at the very least, that Nikola is far more special to her than just an old-time friend.
                        Agreed here too..
                        Spoiler:
                        I like that she doesn't really deny it either, she's just like “Ok move on NOW” She basically admits that she tried quite hard to keep him alive. “Don't let it go to your head” That sounds like an admission to me

Spoiler:
                        Then, there's the whole fact that she was TOTALLY JEALOUS OF AFINA when her majesty started hitting on Niko I mean, she was subtle, but you could tell Helen was trying to hide it. And the fact that she got snippy when Niko accused her of it probably means that she was at least feeling a *teensy* bit of jealousy
                        Spoiler:
                        I didn't notice the jealousy too much at first. Second time I watched it though there's a part when Afina takes Niko's hand and you watch Helen's eyes stare at the hand then dart inbetween Afina and Niko, that seemed jealous or at least very surprised and not quite sure how to react.

More that she protested too much when Nikola accused her of it (methinks she doth protest too much typething)

Spoiler:
                        Btw, I really loved how Niko FINALLY got in her face about how she always acts like she's not interested in him and how hurt he is by it.
                        Spoiler:
                        Even if she isn't jealous of Afina (and I think she is, even just a little bit) YES!! Finally Nikola is really voicing to her something true, not a snarky comment, not an “I love you” but I also want something but him saying “I am interested and it hurts that you aren't”. That was special.

I think Nikola has spent all the time from Oxford in love with her and he has become so jaded by that love that he doesn't consider love something truly joyous any more – just that it's an “irrational self destructive impulse that is described as joy” cause that's all it's been to him for the last what 120 years? And we have never once heard him voice anything like that to Helen. To me Nikola's “I love you” from The Five was true, but marred so MUCH by .. trying to kill her. His “Thank you” from Trail of Blood was also real but again marred by the fact that he went there for the source blood.
                        His other comments have been flirtatious but joke-ish enough that if Helen brushes them off he isn't really expecting a response.

This was real and not marred by anything. That was Nikola telling her again that he loves her and that it really HURTS that she doesn't reciprocate.

Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        Agreed. That was a true sacrifice, he laughed it off later saying the world according to Afina was not what he wanted. But Helen was right when she called it his glorious legacy. Being a vampire was a huge part of him, he credits much of his gifts to it. It must have been one heck of a let down being considered a mongrel.

This was his true life's work. But in the end he went back for HELEN, he saved her AND let Helen destroy the remainder of the vampire race - his glorius legacy.

His lifelong dream for the woman he loved, without any real prospect of a relationship. He gave up his life's work for essentially a friend.
                        I mean – wow.

Another thought..
                        Spoiler:
                        Something I quite like about Niko's character which I always thought stood in the way of the ship is Nikola gets lost in his work – he puts that first. There are scenes where he shows his first interest in his plans and hollow earth etc. before Helen. IMO I think there is a balance that wavers between what he would put first, work or Helen.

Helen quite clearly got priority in this episode.

I also remembered why I thought a devamped Nikola was a good thing for a teslen ship.
                        Spoiler:
                        Helen was fighting like crazy to keep him alive, cracking the crystal etc. Then the second he is revamped you can see her immediate caution, she gets a lot more nervous, like her defensive walls are being raised again. Like the cautious way she looked at Nikola in The Five.

Spoiler:

Also I know this isn't the thunk thread but Niko is so smart but so naïve, he just trusts Afina completely, it's sweet in some ways he's so smart and jaded and in others he is just so blind <3

Ahh this episode has inspired my ff writing again too. I am very happy with it!!

Phew that ended up being a very long post
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
                          Ok I thought it could have been MORE shippy... BUT
                          Spoiler:
                          I am a teslen shipper so more shippy to me would have been anything from a peck on the cheek to Helen admitting her feelings.. But it was far more character appropriate as it was and still left both Magnett and Teslen shippers with the possibility of their ship.
                          You're right on the bolded. I think both could be canon (Teslen and Magnett). I mean, for me, they already were before last night's episode. But they can't RESOLVE both of them. IF we get a resolution, for either one, it's not going to be right away because I don't think Helen is ready to take back one of them permanently in her life. Which is why I like the subtleness of the ship! It's slowly creeping in. ;D The rest is spoilered because of some John thoughts - nothing again Teslen, but I don't want to take any chances. ;P
                          Spoiler:
                          The ship is more flagrant with John because they got the chance to be together and he broke her heart. They both didn't totally get over what happened 120 years ago. I think that's why when John is there the ship is more 'visual' (for lack of a better word).
                          But Teslen is all about the subtleness and I like that! Very true to the characters.

Spoiler:
                          I mean Niko's last request being read to me - At first I was like "AWW" then when it was about his curiousity about vampires I thought, typical Niko.
                          Spoiler:
                          I was convinced he was going to ask her to kiss him though. And some part of me thinks she was ready for it. From her reaction, you can see she was expecting that too - and even seemed kind of surprised that this wasn't it. ;P I thought it was cute! But we knew they wouldn't kiss because Amanda said Helen didn't get to kiss anyone this season.

Spoiler:
                          The main aww moment for me was the argument the two were having bout Afina, Niko describes his type and says "And unlike someone I know she is actually interested in me" -That smacked of bitterness of unrequited love
                          IMHO anyway.
                          You do make an excellent point here! I will use what some of you have said and add in my own thoughts to that...
                          Spoiler:
                          The 'I love you' in The Five and the 'You're beautiful' and stuff like that we got before weren't as raw as what we got in that scene. Let me explain... I'm convinced those previous lines were true somewhere inside for Nikola, but he hid it with some snark thrown at the top of those love remarks. But here, he couldn't. They were having an argument, and these two, when they have one, they don't conceal anything away. They tell each other the truth. I think that's what happened. Maybe involuntarily. I don't think Nikola expected to be so blunt about how he felt. If I didn't consider Teslen canon - at least from Niko's side - that would do it for me. But at last, I thought Nikola's love was made canon before that!

Not too anti ship, and probably also very accurate I'm inclined to add in that Helen probably loves both John and Niko but isn't keen on getting it on with either but also doesn't want to lose either one of them.
                          Ahhhh! Love's complicated!

We know your not mean and I am SO looking forward to your art!! *huggles*
                          *huggles Cekay back*
                          As soon as I get screencaps! Are they up yet? I shall go see.

Spoiler:
                          At the very least, you have to accept that there is enough proof there that Helen and Nikola are pretty much absolute BFFs and were probably VERY close at the beginning of their friendship back at Oxford.
                          I think that's true for most of The Five. After 120+ years, even if you disagree, have arguments... you're friends - probably even more than friends. (And I don't mean that in a romantic way necessarily.) They're closer then anyone can be.

Even if Joe (random name/guy) was to come and Helen was to fall for him, she would NEVER be as close to him as she is with Nikola and John (and was with Watson and Nigel, but they're dead right now ;P). Because they wouldn't have the time to.

Spoiler:
                          Yeah! Saw that! I explained my theory on the whole matter in an earlier post, but yes,
                          Spoiler:
                          there was definitly concern there!

Spoiler:
                          I'm not sure I got THIS.
                          But I only watched the episode one time, so you can maybe blame it on that?
                          I, you know, took that line more ... literally. ;P

Spoiler:
                          YES! Definitly! I LOVED THAT PART!
                          I only have one complain: It missed a flashback.

Spoiler:
                          4) <snipped some things here> One particular part that I think is evidence that it crossed the line from being just a "friend" thing to something more is the part right after she injects him and he's practically dead for a second, and she tells him to fight. The first time she says it, it's an angry shout, but the SECOND time, she just whispers it in that utterly desperate voice. There was something about the way she was looking at him and cupping his face ( aww) tenderly like that that seriously set off my ship moment alarm. (Honestly, she looked like she was on the brink of trying to bring him back by kissing him like in a fairy tale ).
                          I thought that was beautiful!
                          Spoiler:
                          How much she didn't want him to die. The "Fight it!" she says to him almost broke my heart. It showed just how much she cared about him.
                          Spoiler:
                          In a way, excuse the analogy, it rememebered me of how she took care of John in FK&C. She was by his side the whole time when she found him. And when he fell in their first scene, she caught him and took his face in her hands. I thought the situation with Nikola was somewhat similar - sorry if you don't agree! It's all MHO of course.
                          I've said it before and I will say it again, she is definitly not ready to lose either of them.

Spoiler:
                          5) Helen's denial.
                          Right. It was right there in front of our eyes.
                          Spoiler:
                          Be it for her feelings for him or for the whole situation. Personally, I thought she didn't want to face the fact that he could possibly be dying.

Spoiler:
                          <snip> Then, there's the whole fact that she was TOTALLY JEALOUS OF AFINA when her majesty started hitting on Niko. <snipped some more>
                          Okay, I'm not really sure...
                          Spoiler:
                          ... Helen was jealous of Afina. *ducks the rocks thrown at her* But but but! Here me out!

I thought Helen KNEW Nikola would easily fall for her. Afina just wanted to use both of them from the start. She did take some of Niko's blood, and, along with everything she knew of him, I'm assuming she knew of his feelings for Helen. That's probably the reason why she decided to hit on him.
                          Though, I think Helen was more concerned than jealous - and you'll see how her reaction could be both. (I mean, if it's jealousy to you, then it is! I just want to explain my point.) Helen knows Nikola, so she knows he can 'fall for' someone like the Queen. He's vulnerable when it comes to vampires. Doesn't see what's right in front of his nose. I think Helen was more afraid he would be hurt - because she saw right through Afina. Helen knew the Queen was using Tesla and she didn't want him to be sad and upset about it, so I think her reaction was more in that line.

Spoiler:
                          6) <snipped again> What exactly did he have to gain from saving Helen's life by counter-attacking Afina?
                          Do you really want someone - aka me - to answer that?
                          Spoiler:
                          Although I do think his actions were genuine - that he WANTED to save Helen. Saving her meant 1) getting his revenge on Afina for thinking he was a low class vampire and that he couldn't be useful to her. 2) He gets back the status of only vampire left alive, making him the more powerful vamp out there.

But as I said, maybe some of that did cross his mind, but I think he really did want to save Helen.

Phew! That was long!
                          Last edited by LadyGalaxyJ; 17 May 2011, 11:28 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Wow after reading alll these long posts .... I only have one thing to say. I think this episode was COMPLETE TESLEN LOVE

and that it is now my all time favorite episode followed by Trail of Blood, which of course as much as I've seen the posts here .... is lame, but I had to state it.
                            On the edge of breaking down
                            sigpic
                            Banner made by me

Comment

Oh! Nice discussion

All I have at the moment is this (and it might repeat some things that were already set )

Awakening:

Spoiler:
                              Oh yeah baby! That's the kind of ep I like!
                              I did see the vibes as 'shippy', mainly because I wanted them to be. I think that's the thing about shipping, right? To me, there's something that might grow into a much bigger thing.
                              I do agree that it also looks very FRIENDshippy, but frankly... I still see that as ship positive. I want my ships to grow and to develop out of just that. Obviously, Helen/Niko isn't *there* (yet ), but it's looking very good to me.

Very. Good.
                              (And I must say that I had lost faith after some of the not-so-friendly scenes in previous eps. It was shippy bitterness here. )

Awakening was just one big happy ship fest and I LOVED it

*high fives the Sanctuary team*
                              Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                              Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Man didnt JY look hot in those pants?!

Comment

Working...
                                X