No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah! I really want some green to pass around!
    But Criss, Glitch, devala and Cekay (couldn't watch the vid! ) *hopes she forgot no one *, I love your work! I will read the FF later

Here's my next set:

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
      Gah! I really want some green to pass around!
      But Criss, Glitch, devala and Cekay (couldn't watch the vid! ) *hopes she forgot no one *, I love your work! I will read the FF later

Here's my next set:

I love your baner and icon wonderful job!
      sigpic

Comment

One more set (had to whip up that icon first ) :

Originally posted by davala View Post
        I love your baner and icon wonderful job!
        Thank you!
        Don't forget to remove the [IMG] [/IMG] tags when quoting pics and artwork, though
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for letting me know that. Didn't realize I could do that here other forums i've used you can't.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you for letting me know that. Didn't realize I could do that here other forums i've used you can't.
            I heard that. GW's weird like that

sigpic

Comment

Love the fic and the poem within it Glitch

here are my two favorite Teslen arts

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x...elentesla2.jpg

http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/x...elentesla3.jpg
              Thanks Davala .... Those are my favorites to I snurched them

*gasps* wow those are both GREAT CK wish I could give you some green wonderful job *hugs*

And Nad your arts are AMAZING! love the second one
              On the edge of breaking down
              sigpic
              Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchie View Post
                As for coping with insomnia you're asking the wrong person lol I was up for three days straight before I finally got to sleep last week so can't help you there. I have no idea how to deal with it either. I just go to sleep whenever I feel so tired I can't barely hold my eyes open.
                Ahhhh pants *innocent curse word* well the longest I've stayed awake is two days. I have no idea how you were conscious after three days For some reason it's just the getting to sleep I'm struggling with - once I'm asleep I can do 10 - 12 hours straight without waking up once I'm hoping when I get my degree results I'll start sleeping again. I think I'm prob just stressing tbh.

Originally posted by Cekay View Post
                hehe long post.
                Firstly Yay new fanfic!
                *smirks* yeah I tend to witter on a bit

Secondly insomnia sucks soo much. Nothing worse than lying in bed for 4 hours unable to sleep. Its boring and depressing and even if you feel very tired you still just lie there..
                A few things that helped me..
                -A strict bedtime. I know its childish and limiting but eventually your body gets into a routine for it.
                -Getting up early. Another thing I hate. I had to do it when I started my current job and to be honest I hated every second. But every night I got 8 hours sleep (being tired from the new job might have helped too.)
                -Exercise in the morning. Again something I dislike. Days when I bothered to work out I was more tired at night time.
                Spoiler:
                I've tried getting into some sort of routine, but if I've no sleep I can't get up in the morning at all. Then I end up sleeping in the day which is never a good thing! Or at a really stupid time
                I have M.E, so I can't tolerate exercise at all (I can't do very much of anything before I'm exhausted and in a lot of pain), which is a shame because I know that would sort my sleeping out. I used to be an absolute exercise junkie before I got ill. I do miss it *sigh*

Agreed fully! I think Nikola made it such a teasing part of their friendship Helen never bothered to take it seriously until he actually told her. I think Helen and Nikola have always had a close friendship though. Knowing someones taste in poetry and remembering it a century later really says something.
                Exactly *nods agreement*, and talking about 'Sleepers', I thought it was cute how they both know as much about how each other's minds work

I don't think Nikola and Helen courted at all though... I don't think Gregory Magnus would have ever given permission.
                Yeah I get the impression not many people *covers her clones ears* liked Niko *gently pats her Niko clone* then again, Nikola doesn't strike me as the sort of person to ask permission to do anything

I wish they would write more about Nikola/Helen history.. But i'd SO much rather that they canonised (is that a word?) Teslen.. At least a little.. You know.. Maybe just an intentional kiss.. That would be nice..
                Well people say it's not canon - and fair enough Druitt was the big love of her life, but I do think Teslen is a little canon already. Their banter is usually flirtatious and if she had no interest in him she wouldn't encourage it (by responding) and she certainly wouldn't go out of her way to go save his life... etc.

Spoiler:
                Did Nikola go to him or did John end up teleporting to Nikola when he was sick after Helen gave him the poisoned blood? If that was the case Nikola might have intended to go to Helen and not care about John until John turned up on his doorstep

But agreed that they don't entirely hate each other. I think its more of a competition for Helen's affections. But maybe more on Nikola's part jealousy for John getting Helen.
                Ohhh I might have to rewatch the Five. I thought that
                Spoiler:
                John says to Ashley that Nikola went to him first, and when he refused to help he gave him that 'ect' therapy?!

Lastly I'm SO excited for Teslentine! I made a video and wrote a fic for it today... I'll have to re-read the fic before I post it as I was writing with a migraine and I'm normally a little fuzzy in situations like that.
                I'm going to try making a sig now!
                Ahhh I think it's your fic I read before coming here. I reviewed it but for some reason it's not showing up yet

Originally posted by Martina Magnus View Post
                Whoa what did I missed in here?
                *waves hello to tina*

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                sorry I can't hang around too much but it's kind of a busy RL still, couldn't have let this day pass without a small contribution from me

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad39/stargatelover4ever/Teslentine/th_desire-wall.jpg
                love it

Originally posted by Glitchie View Post
                I wrote a fic for Teslentine's Day *bounces* YAY I'm so excited!

[SPOILERS]Today's Valentine's Day what Helen and I specially dubbed Teslentine's Day as it's also our anniversary....
                Fab fic and bonus banner!

Love them

[B]
                I did a few things, I don't have time to post them all right now (meant to be at work x.X)
                Here's my Teslentine Vid:
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iuJUXA3YeY

I also tried doing a something.. too big for a sig and not right for a wallie but it was fun to make:
                Spoiler:

And a fic... Valentine's Day
                I can't see the vid but love the diary page and the fic reviewed that too but not showing up yet either *shrugs*

Love them I think it let me green you! For some reason I keep getting told to spread green around lol
                sigpic
                ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

And some of the sigs I made..
                  Spoiler:

I made this one ages ago with paintshop so its not quite as good as I'd like.
                  I was experimenting with textured backgrounds here

And I made this one for the youtube Vid

And the fluffy ones I made last night when I couldn't sleep.

Spoiler:

Its annoyingly busy at work but I'm going to be spreading the green around soon!

EDIT: lol youtube blocked my video cause the audio was is copyrighted. I ripped the audio track off youtube XD.
                  I'll see if I can find similar audio or I'll just make another to make up for this one not working. I've never used any other video sites, anyone know if they will block it too?
                  Last edited by Cekay; 12 February 2011, 11:56 PM. Reason: Video Link fail!
                  sigpic

Comment

hmm if the vid isn't working direct link is here
                    still can't watch I get a message over where the vid should be that says "This video contains content from WMG, who has blocked it on copyright grounds"

And some of the sigs I made..
                    Spoiler:

I made this one ages ago with paintshop.....

Its annoyingly busy at work but I'm going to be spreading the green around soon!
                    Love all the sigs But then I always really like any art that includes their kiss *mini-squee*
                    sigpic
                    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      One more set (had to whip up that icon first ) :
                      I love your sets Nad! Are the icons snurchable?

Criss, Glitch, devala I love all your work so much! I gave green where I could D: silly site wouldn't let me do more for Glitch yet.

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I've tried getting into some sort of routine, but if I've no sleep I can't get up in the morning at all. Then I end up sleeping in the day which is never a good thing! Or at a really stupid time
                      I have M.E, so I can't tolerate exercise at all (I can't do very much of anything before I'm exhausted and in a lot of pain), which is a shame because I know that would sort my sleeping out. I used to be an absolute exercise junkie before I got ill. I do miss it *sigh*
                      Spoiler:
                      Replied to this on your profile

Exactly *nods agreement*, and talking about 'Sleepers', I thought it was cute how they both know as much about how each other's minds work
                      Very cute!
                      Nikola doesn't strike me as the sort of person to ask permission to do anything
                      He doesn't but I think he respects Helen a lot more than his teasing/playfulness lets on... And even if Nikola did want to try (though my opinion is Nikola never told her how he really felt..) but if they considered it I don't think Helen would have gone against Gregory..

Ohhh I might have to rewatch the Five. I thought that
                      Spoiler:
                      John says to Ashley that Nikola went to him first, and when he refused to help he gave him that 'ect' therapy?!
                      You could be right. Just an excuse to rewatch a tesla episode then

I can't see the vid but love the diary page and the fic reviewed that too but not showing up yet either *shrugs*
                      Thanks!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Here is a Teslentine's Day present from me I'm going to make a banner inspired by this as well. Enjoy...I hope you like it

Here is a short and sweet story for Teslentine's Day...enjoy

Spoiler:
                        The clear night sky was painted a shade of cobalt blue with a light blush of romantic pink throughout. The stars twinkled and shimmered like a thousand brilliant diamonds. Each one giving off its own enchanting light against the backdrop of the dark sky. Helen sat on the rooftop and gazed at the beauty above her as she sighed. It was a beautiful Valentine's Day night. Mother Nature had already made the perfect romantic setting for a night about love and passion. Helen wrapped her pink shawl tighter around her slim shoulders as the wind blew gently across her face like a lover's kiss.
                        Coo....coo....coo.....a gentle melodious sound could be heard just above where Helen was sitting. Helen looked up and noticed a beautiful snow white dove with a red rose corsage around its neck. The dove floated gracefully and came to perch right in front of Helen on top of the grey stone wall. It folded its soft, downy wings and playfully cooed at Helen as she gently caressed the bird's small delicate head with a smile. She took the corsage from around the bird's slim neck and found a note attached to the other side with a light pink satin ribbon. There was also a heart shaped container attached to the note as well. She gently opened the note and a smile danced across her face with joy as she recognized the elegant handwriting on the ivory stationary. Nikola.
                        Dear Helen,
                        There are no words to describe her beauty. How could anyone find words to describe or embody an angel? Only that she is love. She is the sunrise and the sunset. Her eyes infinitely brighter than all the stars in the night sky. Her lips make a rose pale with envy . Her skin is fairer than newly fallen snow on a clear winter's night. Her hair shines and radiates its own light as if lit from within. Her voice is a bell in my heart. She is my Helen. My Angel.
                        Love Forever, Nikola
                        P.S. Open the heart shaped container. It's a surprise for you.

Helen playfully hugs the note from Nikola and smiles as she reaches for the mysterious heart shaped container. She gently opens the top and a hauntingly beautiful song can be heard from within it. Helen starts to hum along as thousands of brightly colored butterflies gracefully fly out of the container and into the night sky. They are so beautiful . She is mesmerized by all the flashes of bright color as the butterflies dance around her in a circle. Helen dances along and twirls as she hums the butterflies' magical song. She gracefully pirouettes and turns with the music as she puts her hand out to touch the softness of the butterflies' wings. Their wings are soft as satin and so delicate that she is afraid to touch them with more than a faint touch of a finger. She turns and sees Nikola smiling lovingly at her in one of his best dress suits. His eyes reflect the kaleidoscope of color in the night sky. Helen smiles gently back at him and twirls playfully toward him and into his waiting arms. Nikola twirls Helen around gently and tilts her back for a passionate kiss as the butterflies dance around them . They melt into each other as they take in the moment and surrender to each other's kiss. Every kiss blending into the next as they feel the softness of the butterflies ' wings grazing their cheeks. Helen and Nikola break from the kiss as they gaze intently into each other's eyes. A light blue colored butterfly lands on Helen's shoulder and Nikola smiles as she laughs.
                        "Thank you for everything....tonight was amazing...I love you, Nikola." Helen said as she embraced him and gently kissed him on the cheek.
                        "You're welcome, Helen. Every day that I get to spend with you is amazing. You are all I need. And I love you forever and for always." Nikola smiled as he took her in his arms for another kiss underneath a night sky filled with stars and butterflies.

Criss,I love your artwork so beautiful
                        Glitch,awww...Twin. your story was so romantic and just beautiful..and the sig..wow *hugs proudly*
                        Devala,I really love your artwork you are so good
                        Nad,love your stuff as always They are amazing
                        Cekay,absolutely love the vid and your artwork
                        sigpic
                        artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                        My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                        When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                        And I held your hand through all of these years
                        But you still have
                        All of me..." Evanes
                        cence
                        [/CENTER]

Comment

Ahhhh pants *innocent curse word* well the longest I've stayed awake is two days. I have no idea how you were conscious after three days For some reason it's just the getting to sleep I'm struggling with - once I'm asleep I can do 10 - 12 hours straight without waking up once I'm hoping when I get my degree results I'll start sleeping again. I think I'm prob just stressing tbh.

Fab fic and bonus banner!
                          I was kinda out of it actually and completely just ... Meh I dunno I don't really remember it tbh

Criss, Glitch, devala I love all your work so much! I gave green where I could D: silly site wouldn't let me do more for Glitch yet.
                          Thanks CK Glad you like them and that's so weird *shrugs*
                          On the edge of breaking down
                          sigpic
                          Banner made by me

Comment

Some beautiful arts over here!
                            I didn't have time to do something, but there was a rerun Trail of Blood on Space tonight, so I watched it. <3

I think there has always been some sort of attraction between them - and I think because it's always been playful Helen perhaps never took him seriously. I do think Tesla has always felt very strongly towards Helen, and since actually coming out and saying he loves her, she probably realises now that there's always been more to it.
                            If they did 'court' for a while, I also get the impression that Helen cared a lot about her fathers opinion, and that if he preferred Druitt she will have been swayed in that direction (not necessarily consciously)... so perhaps she put an end to their flirting, but this would explain his little comment "you still like me, it's so obvious"...
                            I hadn't thought about that comment! Hmmmm... I guess I took it as a general 'like' but you're right. There might me something more to it!

I think it was likely Helen who invited Tesla into their group.
                            I think so too. I think Helen was the one who cared the less about appearances in their group. So, I can see her taking the new Serbian student with her. It is likely he didn't have a lot of friends and probably remembered her of how she was when he first joined Oxford and before she met the others.

I'd like to see how they met up, and whether or not Nikola was as suggestive with his comments in the nineteenth century as he is now
                            That would be really interesting too see! We haven't seen that much from the 19th century.
                            Spoiler:
                            It was all Adam-related.
                            I'd like to see them. How they met. Their interactions. Simple things...

I think the sparks only really fly when Helen is directly involved / present. It's seems clear to me she's at the centre of the most of their feuds. I do also wonder if something might have happened between Helen and Nikola to make John a little insecure - indeed if they have always bantered like they do now it would make him dislike Nikola more.
                            Re-bolded: Maybe not only, but sparks do fly a lot more when she's there. ;P

I don't think something needed to happen. Nikola cared about her and, if John is at least a bit observant as we are, he'd noticed. Of course, Helen being totally in love with John wouldn't see it, because I'm sure Nika acted properly and did not trespass anything the others of The Five did not. So, to Helen, he was 'normal' (for lack of a better word), but to John, he was a rival. Or something like that...

I'm inclined to agree! But then, most men in the show seem to 1) have some previous intimate relationship with her (Adam, John, James... etc.) or 2) want to get it on with her (90% of the other male characters)
                            LOL! Totally!
                            Were I a guy, I'd probably be inclined toward her too... Glitch? Care to confirm that?

Spoiler:
                            Did Nikola go to him or did John end up teleporting to Nikola when he was sick after Helen gave him the poisoned blood? If that was the case Nikola might have intended to go to Helen and not care about John until John turned up on his doorstep
                            Not spoilering because it's season 1...
                            John said, when talking to Ashley, that "Nikola came to [him] first."

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                            Happy Teslentine fellows Teslenites!
                            loving the artwork so far
                            sorry I can't hang around too much but it's kind of a busy RL still, couldn't have let this day pass without a small contribution from me

hope you like it if I find some more time today I'll try to make some more artwork

Happy Teslentine and enjoy the Teslen madness!
                            That WP is just gorgeous! :O

He doesn't but I think he respects Helen a lot more than his teasing/playfulness lets on... And even if Nikola did want to try (though my opinion is Nikola never told her how he really felt..) but if they considered it I don't think Helen would have gone against Gregory...
                            On the contrary, I see Helen very willing to go against her father. We've seen her in Warrior when she confronted him on his work.
                            And personnaly, I don't think Gregory would force her into any relationship. I fact, I believe she confronted him fairly early in her life and told him she would have none of those pre-arranged weddings and that she would chose her own husband whenever she found the right man. (Which was, according to her birth date, quite late for that time. She was 35, close to turning 36, when they injected themselves with the blood.)

Woah! Big post that was!
                            sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Okay..I commented on everyone's stuff and did not get thanked for it and nobody commented on my stuff..(hands on hip) I feel like an outsider even on here..maybe I won't post my banner out of spite..or just delete my post..nobody is going to look at it anyway..(sad face) sorry for the "b*#%* mode..I'm still not feeling well. I still feel like I'm being ignored..i thought you guys would like it..but I guessed wrong..(still a sad face)
                              sigpic
                              artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                              My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                              When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                              And I held your hand through all of these years
                              But you still have
                              All of me..." Evanes
                              cence
                              [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                I don't think something needed to happen. Nikola cared about her and, if John is at least a bit observant as we are, he'd noticed. Of course, Helen being totally in love with John wouldn't see it, because I'm sure Nika acted properly and did not trespass anything the others of The Five did not. So, to Helen, he was 'normal' (for lack of a better word), but to John, he was a rival. Or something like that...
                                I agree with that idea^

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                On the contrary, I see Helen very willing to go against her father. We've seen her in Warrior when she confronted him on his work.
                                And personnaly, I don't think Gregory would force her into any relationship. I fact, I believe she confronted him fairly early in her life and told him she would have none of those pre-arranged weddings and that she would chose her own husband whenever she found the right man. (Which was, according to her birth date, quite late for that time. She was 35, close to turning 36, when they injected themselves with the blood.)
                                Hmm good point. I didn't mean Helen would ever be forced into any relationship (not even by her father) I think my point was that Helen would respect his opinion, and if her feelings weren't strong in either regard she probably would have followed his advice. As for her confronting him, I like to think that Helen became the strong independent woman she is now not by going against Gregory's opinion but by having him back her up when she needed it, wanting to go to Oxford and be a doctor etc would have been unheard of for a woman and yet those were her goals.
                                I think Gregory instilled those ideas in her rather than wanted her to marry at 20 and start having kids.

My opinion is far more like your previous statement, Helen had no idea how Nikola felt, John probably saw it cause he isn't blind hence their rivalry but there never really was an option for Helen and Nikola since she never really considered him as someone to court..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X