No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea if I'm writing something for September. School is a real pain in the @$$ for now so I can't say anything for sure. However I just uploaded chapter three of my fic "Memento Mori" if anyone's interested

I'm looking forward for your September fics

Comment

This isn't the challenge one, but I finally managed to finish
      There's still time for you.
      Not the best story, but I can move on now.

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
      i know what im doing for mine....its just a matter of me finding the time to sit and write it....so it might be three...a late third is possible though lol but im doing my best
      Time is EVIL!
      Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
      Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
        I have no idea if I'm writing something for September. School is a real pain in the @$$ for now so I can't say anything for sure. However I just uploaded chapter three of my fic "Memento Mori" if anyone's interested

I'm looking forward for your September fics
        LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR STORY FOR SEPTEMBER lolol
        Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
        This isn't the challenge one, but I finally managed to finish
        There's still time for you.
        Not the best story, but I can move on now.
        oh nonsense im sure its splendid....id say it is splendid but i lack the time to read it *cries a little*

Time is EVIL!
        Time technically is not even real....but that is a philosophy discussion not a teslen one xP
        sigpic
        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Don't get me started on Time because I promise you all that I will start talking about Inception and never shut up even if you kill me.

Once I have the time to start that fic I will convince everyone else besides Rose (who's seen it already) to go see it. LOTS of Teslen parallels, I swear

And KEAIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
          how is our lovely freshman?
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
            Don't get me started on Time because I promise you all that I will start talking about Inception and never shut up even if you kill me.

Once I have the time to start that fic I will convince everyone else besides Rose (who's seen it already) to go see it. LOTS of Teslen parallels, I swear

And KEAIRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
            how is our lovely freshman?
            *nods nods* There really are. She's not crazy. Well, she is crazy, but that's alright, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post
              *nods nods* There really are. She's not crazy. Well, she is crazy, but that's alright, innit?

And I am such a nerd. My friend figured out how to calculate how many hours in real time would equal 100 years in dream!limbo, and so I used his "formula" to figure out approximately how many minutes in RT would equal 3 years there. It's about 20 minutes...

So, a 20-min dream-sharing power nap = 3 years of Teslen fun (more like angst? ) in limbo

I'm debating whether to make it 40 minutes in RT and 6 years in limbo. It all depends on one crucial character, but I'm not spoiling that much.

And Rose, I know that you're the only one who's going to get this. You have an extreme advantage over the confused masses.
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

there is a serious lack of real Teslen discussion happening here!!! i need to change that and quickly!!!

*quick brainstorm*

okay i think one aspect of the relationship they would have, something subtle and not even really thought about would be that I can totally see Nikola being the kinda guy who opens all the doors for Helen and holds out her chair for her and clears her place for her etc etc....ya know all those cute little things guys should do but dont becuase that Victorian gentlemen air has been lost? but since Nikola is a Victorian gentleman i totally see him making some of those little gestures for her even Helen is a strong independant woman capable of doing it herself...

thoughts, agreements, disagreements etc???

[oh and btw true fact, i got this idea because my bf does all of that for me....and it bugs me a bit even though its adorable lol xD]

*slinks off to class*
                sigpic
                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

^that is EXACTLY how my dad is.

that was random, but I wanted to mention it. my mother is quite lucky.

Anyway, YES, he would so totally be like that. And Helen would secretly love it
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

there is a serious lack of real Teslen discussion happening here!!! i need to change that and quickly!!!

*quick brainstorm*

okay i think one aspect of the relationship they would have, something subtle and not even really thought about would be that I can totally see Nikola being the kinda guy who opens all the doors for Helen and holds out her chair for her and clears her place for her etc etc....ya know all those cute little things guys should do but dont becuase that Victorian gentlemen air has been lost? but since Nikola is a Victorian gentleman i totally see him making some of those little gestures for her even Helen is a strong independant woman capable of doing it herself...

[oh and btw true fact, i got this idea because my bf does all of that for me....and it bugs me a bit even though its adorable lol xD]

*slinks off to class*
                    I was thinking about that for a fic once...

My thought is that Nikola would definitely be the type to do all that. And I do think Helen would secretly like it as well.

BUT. I think that there's also a part of Nikola that knows when not to be the True Gentleman and I think that maybe, with Helen, he's more likely to hold back. He's very sharp when it comes to manipulating people. My shippy glasses naturally make me see the world in fluff and cuteness, but I do believe he ''manipulates'' her to get his way. Helen (again IMHO) knows that he could and would charm his way into her life when a situation calls or it. And I believe that it makes her on guard. Does she let him in? Of course, because she enjoys it. Does she trust him? Not quite.
                    So... in my theory Nikola knows not to be too polite around her, because that is what makes her sort of distrust him. Plus, Helen is more than the everyday independant woman.

Having said all that, I do think that Helen appreciates gestures like these. But more in situations where Nikola isn't being a smartass. Somehow, the image that goes with this discussion is one in which Niko holds the door, making her glare at him and roll her eyes. And then as she walks away from him, you see a small smile

Ok, I lost where I was going, but the answer is sometimes yes, sometimes no.
                    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

And I am such a nerd. My friend figured out how to calculate how many hours in real time would equal 100 years in dream!limbo, and so I used his "formula" to figure out approximately how many minutes in RT would equal 3 years there. It's about 20 minutes...

So, a 20-min dream-sharing power nap = 3 years of Teslen fun (more like angst? ) in limbo

I'm debating whether to make it 40 minutes in RT and 6 years in limbo. It all depends on one crucial character, but I'm not spoiling that much.

And Rose, I know that you're the only one who's going to get this. You have an extreme advantage over the confused masses.
                      I usually do, just in general.

*quick brainstorm*

*slinks off to class*
                      He totally would! And yet, he'd actually pull it off, unlike John, who tries to be all respectful and just comes off as creepy. *shudders*

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                      I was thinking about that for a fic once...

My thought is that Nikola would definitely be the type to do all that. And I do think Helen would secretly like it as well.

BUT. I think that there's also a part of Nikola that knows when not to be the True Gentleman and I think that maybe, with Helen, he's more likely to hold back. He's very sharp when it comes to manipulating people. My shippy glasses naturally make me see the world in fluff and cuteness, but I do believe he ''manipulates'' her to get his way. Helen (again IMHO) knows that he could and would charm his way into her life when a situation calls or it. And I believe that it makes her on guard. Does she let him in? Of course, because she enjoys it. Does she trust him? Not quite.
                      So... in my theory Nikola knows not to be too polite around her, because that is what makes her sort of distrust him. Plus, Helen is more than the everyday independant woman.

Having said all that, I do think that Helen appreciates gestures like these. But more in situations where Nikola isn't being a smartass. Somehow, the image that goes with this discussion is one in which Niko holds the door, making her glare at him and roll her eyes. And then as she walks away from him, you see a small smile

Ok, I lost where I was going, but the answer is sometimes yes, sometimes no.
                      It's like you read my mind. I never get fluffy (I'm either in angst or gutter) so I totally agree. Nikola is a BAD PERSON! He's brilliant and gorgeous as well, but his first and foremost desire is to get his own selfish way. While I do think he adores Helen (after all, I'm a Teslenite) I think he's very unafraid to manipulate her.

Comment

Okie dokie. So my May fic is finally done for the Teslen challenge.
                        I know I'm late, but I'm determined to still complete each month. Next is June! lol
                        But anyways, here it is. Surprisingly it didn't turn out very Teslen. It turned out more evil genius Tesla and evn some H/D.
                        But, I dunno, the ultimate goal is Teslen, so here! *flings link*

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6327435/...ful_Engagement

Comment

Originally posted by Rose "Snapjinx" McKnight View Post

It's like you read my mind. I never get fluffy (I'm either in angst or gutter) so I totally agree. Nikola is a BAD PERSON! He's brilliant and gorgeous as well, but his first and foremost desire is to get his own selfish way. While I do think he adores Helen (after all, I'm a Teslenite) I think he's very unafraid to manipulate her.
                          With me being the resident Tesla expert...you KNOW I'm going to have to disagree heavily on this, right?

DISSERTATION TIME!!!!!!!! (haven't done this in a while. lol)

First and foremost, let me make one thing VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, (continues for 3 more hours) clear. NIKOLA IS NOT A BAD PERSON. Let's evaluate him this way. If you stuck John's entity in his brain and put him in the same exact situation, do you really think he would continue with the same course of action? Most likely not. NT trained himself as a child to actually resist his own desires up to the point where it would seem absolutely ridiculous to us to do so. I think it's actually one of the reasons he's so incredibly good at being able to tease Helen UP TO A POINT but still back off when he knows he's going too far.

Which then leads to the manipulation point. He definitely has the CAPACITY to manipulate people as far as he wants to, but there's a part of him that holds back. He WANTS Helen to trust him, but he's not going to get that if he pushes her too far, and he knows that. He pushes her just enough to make her uncomfortable, and then steps back and waits to see how she'll respond. Think about it this way: if he really always tried to manipulate her, then would they really be as close as they are? Just look at them. They're like that couple that everybody knows--the one where the two people bounce insults off each other and act like they hate each other but are really madly in love and get more snarky with each other the more in love they are. You can't be that blatantly sarcastic with a person unless (a) you really DO hate him/her, or (b) you secretly like him/her, and/or (c) you are so close to him/her that the sarcasm is like normal conversation and significant other knows that you don't mean anything you say literally. We know they don't hate each other, because Helen is way too comfortable with him, and he loves her and shows it far too often than he would like anyone to know. So that leaves the other two options...which, given their behavior around each other, are much more viable.

We can definitely tell Helen is a lot more comfortable with Niko. Not totally comfortable, but comfortable enough that she can work alongside him without getting into a serious fight (like she does with John), or share wine , or even try to comfort him in the subtlest of ways. She wouldn't let him that close if she knew he was more manipulative than he has been so far. She's used to him pushing her into places she doesn't like, but she doesn't try to get rid of him completely because he never pushes her over the edge. It pretty much proves just how well they know each other.

Plus, who is to say that she hasn't manipulated him either? We all manipulate people in our lives at one point or another, whether we realize it or not. And Helen, with her past, has probably manipulated Niko plenty of times in a similar way.

AND to re-introduce SUBCONSCIOUS UNRESOLVED CHILDHOOD INTERNAL CONFLICT!...on the other hand, Nikola is in pain. His greatest weakness is his inability to trust others and to trust himself. I seriously don't think he trusts himself enough, so that's why he is ALWAYS SEEKING HELEN'S APPROVAL of some crazy scheme of his. Have you guys noticed that? He tries doing something crazy and it's almost like he makes it so ridiculously obvious that it's him on purpose, because he KNOWS that Helen is going to figure out that he's up to something and then appear and try to talk sense into him. In "Sleepers" he SO knew that she was going to show up at the clinic, just with the way he greeted her and Will. So...in terms of manipulation...THIS is PRIMARILY how he manipulates her. He baits her into finding him while he's in the middle of a crazy project for the purpose of having some kind of outside support system b/c he lacks self-confidence.

OR

HE BAITS HER BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY HE CAN GET HER ATTENTION/HE SECRETLY WANTS HER TO TRY AND STOP HIM B/C HE WANTS TO KNOW THAT SHE CARES.

^Ponder that. I really do think it's true. Yes, it makes him somewhat selfish, but NOT in the same way as you guys were implying. It's more of a self-need due to a lack of essential emotional stability.

And it actually makes his character even MORE TRAGIC.

Oh holy crap now I'm going to cry.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

With me being the resident Tesla expert...you KNOW I'm going to have to disagree heavily on this, right?

First and foremost, let me make one thing VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, (continues for 3 more hours) clear. NIKOLA IS NOT A BAD PERSON. Let's evaluate him this way. If you stuck John's entity in his brain and put him in the same exact situation, do you really think he would continue with the same course of action? Most likely not. NT trained himself as a child to actually resist his own desires up to the point where it would seem absolutely ridiculous to us to do so. I think it's actually one of the reasons he's so incredibly good at being able to tease Helen UP TO A POINT but still back off when he knows he's going too far.

Which then leads to the manipulation point. He definitely has the CAPACITY to manipulate people as far as he wants to, but there's a part of him that holds back. He WANTS Helen to trust him, but he's not going to get that if he pushes her too far, and he knows that. He pushes her just enough to make her uncomfortable, and then steps back and waits to see how she'll respond. Think about it this way: if he really always tried to manipulate her, then would they really be as close as they are? Just look at them. They're like that couple that everybody knows--the one where the two people bounce insults off each other and act like they hate each other but are really madly in love and get more snarky with each other the more in love they are. You can't be that blatantly sarcastic with a person unless (a) you really DO hate him/her, or (b) you secretly like him/her, and/or (c) you are so close to him/her that the sarcasm is like normal conversation and significant other knows that you don't mean anything you say literally. We know they don't hate each other, because Helen is way too comfortable with him, and he loves her and shows it far too often than he would like anyone to know. So that leaves the other two options...which, given their behavior around each other, are much more viable.

We can definitely tell Helen is a lot more comfortable with Niko. Not totally comfortable, but comfortable enough that she can work alongside him without getting into a serious fight (like she does with John), or share wine , or even try to comfort him in the subtlest of ways. She wouldn't let him that close if she knew he was more manipulative than he has been so far. She's used to him pushing her into places she doesn't like, but she doesn't try to get rid of him completely because he never pushes her over the edge. It pretty much proves just how well they know each other.

Plus, who is to say that she hasn't manipulated him either? We all manipulate people in our lives at one point or another, whether we realize it or not. And Helen, with her past, has probably manipulated Niko plenty of times in a similar way.

AND to re-introduce SUBCONSCIOUS UNRESOLVED CHILDHOOD INTERNAL CONFLICT!...on the other hand, Nikola is in pain. His greatest weakness is his inability to trust others and to trust himself. I seriously don't think he trusts himself enough, so that's why he is ALWAYS SEEKING HELEN'S APPROVAL of some crazy scheme of his. Have you guys noticed that? He tries doing something crazy and it's almost like he makes it so ridiculously obvious that it's him on purpose, because he KNOWS that Helen is going to figure out that he's up to something and then appear and try to talk sense into him. In "Sleepers" he SO knew that she was going to show up at the clinic, just with the way he greeted her and Will. So...in terms of manipulation...THIS is PRIMARILY how he manipulates her. He baits her into finding him while he's in the middle of a crazy project for the purpose of having some kind of outside support system b/c he lacks self-confidence.

OR

HE BAITS HER BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY WAY HE CAN GET HER ATTENTION/HE SECRETLY WANTS HER TO TRY AND STOP HIM B/C HE WANTS TO KNOW THAT SHE CARES.

^Ponder that. I really do think it's true. Yes, it makes him somewhat selfish, but NOT in the same way as you guys were implying. It's more of a self-need due to a lack of essential emotional stability.

To be perfectly honest, I read none of that.
                            Allow me to recant and resubmit.
                            "Nikola BEHAVES bad."
                            Sorry about before. Poor choice of words.

Comment

lol Mimzy I misseed your rants XD
                              but I totally agree with everything! that's mostly my oppinion about the whole matter too

Comment

OR

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to agree with you for the most part but I think in some ways Nikola has some selfish tendencies though not simply as a part of his personality.

It seems to me that the impression we have of Nikola during his Oxford days is of quite a sensitive, quiet man probably partially due to the fact that he grew up quite close to his mother and had so many sisters. Their deaths probably would have hit him quite hard over the years and this may have caused him to harden his heart because he no longer has this nurturing influence in his life and because he wouldn't want to get close to anybody else and feel the pain of their loss. It's a theory that I think is reinforced due to the fact that the only other person Nikola ever seems to be close to in the show is Helen, i.e. the only other immortal in the show (John doesn't count because he stole the woman Nikola loved and is a bit of a psychopath).

However, anybody that isolates themselves to the extent that Nikola does (remember Helen hadn't heard from Nikola in 60yrs until The Five in Rome) would eventually become quite selfish anyway because the only person that they would have to think about is themselves, it's not necessarily a part of Nikola's personality but an environmental variable, per say.

Also, I think Nikola can be ever so slightly manipulative of Helen in that he would mislead her to suit his current needs but I don't see him going so far as to put the entity in John. He would probably have thought to himself "Well John may have won now but he's gonna die eventually and it'll be just me and Helen then so technically I win in the long run."

I agree in that it's more of an acting out for attention thing, it may well be his way of keeping himself on Helen's mind...not that she would be able to get him out of her mind anyway.

OT
                                Spoiler:

Yeah, sorry I haven't been on in ages. My life has been a zoo for the past 2 weeks. Me and my friends were all going to different unis and so there were various parties and dinners to attend in order to see each other off as well as packing to move out again, shopping half a dozen times to get things that I needed and kept forgetting about plus visiting half the damn country otherwise known as my family because they all wanted to see me before I left again and give me birthday presents/cards cuz it was my birthday the day before I moved into the flat.

Then I moved into the flat last Saturday, had to get up at stupid o'clock in the morning (otherwide known as 6:00am) in order to make it up to the university on time to get my keys because the university will not hand out keys from the accomodation office past noon. Then spent the week visiting various friends that I hadn't seen since last year, one of which had been in a car accident 4 days after leaving uni in May (due might I add to the other drivers careless driving) and whose injuries included a broken neck, collarbone, vertebrae and 3 ribs. She was EXTREMELY lucky not to be paralysed. Plus she can't remember most of the past 3yrs. I'm surprised she even remembered my face. Seriously, if you're not gonna drive carefully then don't drive at all.

On a lighter note, I am also not appreciating the various cracks that people are making about me getting old. Why can't they let me live in my little world where I am infact twenteen and have not just left my teenage years behind.

But yay, everything is now settled and I will again be able to stalk this thread daily. Season 3 cannot come soon enough!!

Comment

Working...
                                X