Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, guys I can't wait to make more LOL

I was watching some of season 1 with my friend today, who hadn't seen all of it, and the more I watch Helen & John, the more I am convinced that she seriously just NEEDS TO LET GO of him. There were SO many freaking opportunities for her to shoot him and she didn't because of her attachment and her ever-constant belief that "I can save you"...not that trying to save someone isn't a good thing, but when he's threatening to kill somebody, for goodness' sake, just SHOOT the guy.

Thankfully, in season 2, it seems she's really getting over the weird past-relationship attachment thing. Especially after "Sleepers" Granted, I haven't seen "Haunted" yet, but...*crosses fingers* I honestly don't see anywhere it can go except more angst. Helen/Niko can actually GO somewhere. Helen/John has kind of hit a dead end (labeled "neverending angst").

And honestly, she is just WAY more comfortable with Niko than she is with John. I think for now it'll stay *really close* friendship, but I can see it developing into something more eventually (bribes for James Thorpe and Damian? anyone? )...
    "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
    sigpic
    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      Thanks, guys I can't wait to make more LOL

I was watching some of season 1 with my friend today, who hadn't seen all of it, and the more I watch Helen & John, the more I am convinced that she seriously just NEEDS TO LET GO of him. There were SO many freaking opportunities for her to shoot him and she didn't because of her attachment and her ever-constant belief that "I can save you"...not that trying to save someone isn't a good thing, but when he's threatening to kill somebody, for goodness' sake, just SHOOT the guy.

Thankfully, in season 2, it seems she's really getting over the weird past-relationship attachment thing. Especially after "Sleepers" Granted, I haven't seen "Haunted" yet, but...*crosses fingers* I honestly don't see anywhere it can go except more angst. Helen/Niko can actually GO somewhere. Helen/John has kind of hit a dead end (labeled "neverending angst").

And honestly, she is just WAY more comfortable with Niko than she is with John. I think for now it'll stay *really close* friendship, but I can see it developing into something more eventually (bribes for James Thorpe and Damian? anyone? )...
      I completely agree with you, she obviously cannot save him. Though you definately need to see Haunted which i will now ramble about in a spoiler, all of which is IMHO

Spoiler:
      So. After last nights episode despite some slightly angstyness between helen and druitt it is now obvious they will never be together, nor would they have. For although once Helen realized that Druitt had been 'controlled' for sometime by that creature and was no longer (for that short time that it lasted) she was seemingly less on-edge around him but clealry still not nearly as comfortable as she is with Nikola. If i recall correctly she even said to druitt something like not all his bad actions could be blamed on that creature, going back to the "predilection for murder" line. In short, i think haunted seemed to, in a way, clear the way perfectly for Nikola and Helen. But thats me, and im a crazy hopeful and devoted shipper. (i got plenty of practice being a Sam/Jack Shipper lol )

i think thats enough rambling for one day lol

and yes somebody please bribe them if they try to deny our ship!
      sigpic
      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
        I completely agree with you, she obviously cannot save him. Though you definately need to see Haunted which i will now ramble about in a spoiler, all of which is IMHO

Spoiler:
        So. After last nights episode despite some slightly angstyness between helen and druitt it is now obvious they will never be together, nor would they have. For although once Helen realized that Druitt had been 'controlled' for sometime by that creature and was no longer (for that short time that it lasted) she was seemingly less on-edge around him but clealry still not nearly as comfortable as she is with Nikola. If i recall correctly she even said to druitt something like not all his bad actions could be blamed on that creature, going back to the "predilection for murder" line. In short, i think haunted seemed to, in a way, clear the way perfectly for Nikola and Helen. But thats me, and im a crazy hopeful and devoted shipper. (i got plenty of practice being a Sam/Jack Shipper lol )

i think thats enough rambling for one day lol

and yes somebody please bribe them if they try to deny our ship!
        Okay, I just read that spoiler b/c I could not help myself But I'd already just read it somewhere else like, 5 minutes ago (seriously, I am going INSANE from withdrawal ), and I agree
        Spoiler:
        I was thinking about the "predilection for murder." Actually, the whole idea of some "demon" inside of him really is kind of a weird way of describing psychopathic behavior, in a sense. Psychopaths have what is labeled as "antisocial personality disorder," which is a misnomer, b/c it has nothing to do with being scared of people. Basically, there's apparently something wrong with their brains that blocks them from having the ability to feel empathy Therefore, they have insane power/ego complexes where they want excessive control/attention and they'll do crazy things to get that. Mostly these people end up as those guys you hear about on shows like 20/20 where they adopt this fake identity of some rich, bright guy or some military officer, with a great reputation, great education, everything. They are extremely good at being charming, and thus wooing several women, one after another, and each time they get married or something, then one day he disappears with all the money and the car and everything else and leaves the woman to deal with the leftover problems. Then moves on to a new one. They like the rush of feeling added power and control over people and situations. Now, about 5% of these people (or something like that) become serial killers--that's the extreme. Essentially, they can't care about other people's feelings, only themselves.

^HOWEVER, that does NOT absolve them of responsibility for their actions. A person can be taught to train his/her mind to act against the "demon" or, as we now know them to be, mental disorder, and in large part they can still make their own decisions. Just because they feel like doing something and can't feel the other side doesn't mean they don't know the difference between right and wrong. Essentially, with this disorder, I truly believe that you can CHOOSE whether to let it control you. Like John's...thing...

Most mental disorders, from what little I know, are like that. It's only in very, very severe cases of things where people's ability to judge morality is impaired or their ability to make free choices is impaired. Serial killers definitely still have a choice, I don't care what's wrong with their brains neurologically... Serial killers, cult leaders...honestly, I don't care if Jim Jones had psychological issues, he still CHOSE to *murder* (yes, murder) those people at Jonestown. And peg it as a "mass suicide." He took over their brains so much that they essentially couldn't do anything but succumb to fear--there were armed guards surrounding them--it was either drink the poisoned Kool-aid or get shot. And the kids who were there basically had no choice at all, they were FORCED to drink the stuff. 909 freaking people. I don't care if historically they call it a "mass suicide," it was freaking MURDER. (Sorry, I had to rant about that--I recently watched a documentary about the Jonestown cult and... it was so terrible what he did to those people )

And I don't care if they have some "thing" inside them. Honestly, it's not like it's a Goa'uld that COMPLETELY takes over, or at least from what I gather.

Anyhoo, that's my shpiel and I haven't even seen the thing. GAH I hate youtube right now...maybe I'll go make some more smilies...

Oh, and I got ANOTHER wonderful idea for fic (this is getting REALLY REALLY bad, I have TOO MANY NOW...waitlisting...agh x( )...it's sort of like Snapjinx's except it's Niko who starts having nightmares. After their long absence, after "Sleepers" his nightmares about his brother Dane dying randomly start coming back and he starts having mini-panic attacks again. And so, of course, Helen finds out and insists on helping him, and he's like "No!" And she's like, "You're going to have a nervous breakdown!" And he's like, "I can get better on my own!" And she's like "I can't stand seeing you this way; it hurts me too!" And he's like..." ...Okay..." And so he opens up to her. Angst, but in a good way.

Last edited by Mimzy; 09 January 2010, 06:16 PM.
        sigpic
        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Okay, I just read that spoiler b/c I could not help myself But I'd already just read it somewhere else like, 5 minutes ago (seriously, I am going INSANE from withdrawal ), and I agree
          Spoiler:
          I was thinking about the "predilection for murder." Actually, the whole idea of some "demon" inside of him really is kind of a weird way of describing psychopathic behavior, in a sense. Psychopaths have what is labeled as "antisocial personality disorder," which is a misnomer, b/c it has nothing to do with being scared of people. Basically, there's apparently something wrong with their brains that blocks them from having the ability to feel empathy Therefore, they have insane power/ego complexes where they want excessive control/attention and they'll do crazy things to get that. Mostly these people end up as those guys you hear about on shows like 20/20 where they adopt this fake identity of some rich, bright guy or some military officer, with a great reputation, great education, everything. They are extremely good at being charming, and thus wooing several women, one after another, and each time they get married or something, then one day he disappears with all the money and the car and everything else and leaves the woman to deal with the leftover problems. Then moves on to a new one. They like the rush of feeling added power and control over people and situations. Now, about 5% of these people (or something like that) become serial killers--that's the extreme. Essentially, they can't care about other people's feelings, only themselves.

^HOWEVER, that does NOT absolve them of responsibility for their actions. A person can be taught to train his/her mind to act against the "demon" or, as we now know them to be, mental disorder, and in large part they can still make their own decisions. Just because they feel like doing something and can't feel the other side doesn't mean they don't know the difference between right and wrong. Essentially, with this disorder, I truly believe that you can CHOOSE whether to let it control you. Like John's...thing...

Most mental disorders, from what little I know, are like that. It's only in very, very severe cases of things where people's ability to judge morality is impaired or their ability to make free choices is impaired. Serial killers definitely still have a choice, I don't care what's wrong with their brains neurologically...

Or if they have some thing inside them. Honestly, it's not like it's a Goa'uld that COMPLETELY takes over, or at least from what I gather.

Anyhoo, that's my shpiel and I haven't even seen the thing. GAH I hate youtube right now...maybe I'll go make some more smilies...

Oh, and I got ANOTHER wonderful idea for fic (this is getting REALLY REALLY bad, I have TOO MANY NOW...waitlisting...agh x( )...it's sort of like Snapjinx's except it's Niko who starts having nightmares. After their long absence, after "Sleepers" his nightmares about his brother Dane dying randomly start coming back and he starts having mini-panic attacks again. And so, of course, Helen finds out and insists on helping him, and he's like "No!" And she's like, "You're going to have a nervous breakdown!" And he's like, "I can get better on my own!" And she's like "I can't stand seeing you this way; it hurts me too!" And he's like..." ...Okay..." And so he opens up to her. Angst, but in a good way.

hahaha somehow i just knew you wouldnt be able to resist and i agree with everything you said

forget smilies, you should make somthing for the Calendar
          And you do have tons of ideas haha this is yet another interesting one that, at this rate, i'm sure i'll be reading when i reach the ripe age of 95
          sigpic

Comment

hahaha somehow i just knew you wouldnt be able to resist and i agree with everything you said

forget smilies, you should make somthing for the Calendar
            And you do have tons of ideas haha this is yet another interesting one that, at this rate, i'm sure i'll be reading when i reach the ripe age of 95
            Yeah, probably, considering I go back to school on Monday

I WANT MORE TIME TO WRITE FIC lol Maybe I can get away with writing something for English 101 eventually...

And YEAH omg I need to make a wallie...xira was so lovely and sent me a link to a free download of photoshop or something so I totally have to test that out.
            sigpic
            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Yeah, probably, considering I go back to school on Monday

I WANT MORE TIME TO WRITE FIC lol Maybe I can get away with writing something for English 101 eventually...

And YEAH omg I need to make a wallie...xira was so lovely and sent me a link to a free download of photoshop or something so I totally have to test that out.
              lol i already went back so shush!
              You should totally try pulling a me and write something for your class thats actually a fanfic. Hey, if i can, and get A+, you totally can

uhhh SO TEST IT OUT! haha
              sigpic

Comment

...okay
                but i needs to plan for my Sunday School class tomorrow first...needs to stop procrastinating...LOL
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

yeah seriously! stop procrastinating writing fanfics already!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't mess with me....

LOL
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Pfft. you should expect nothing less of me by now

Oh, found another little poem that i read and thought "hmm Nikola and Helen??"

This is by Ted Kooser:
                      Today, from a distance, I saw you
                      walking away, and without a sound
                      the glittering face of a glacier
                      slid into the sea. An ancient oak
                      fell in the Cumberlands, holding only
                      a handful of leaves, and an old woman
                      scattering corn to her chickens looked up
                      for an instant. At the other side
                      of the galaxy, a star thirty-five times
                      the size of our own sun exploded
                      and vanished, leaving a small green spot
                      on the astronomer's retina
                      as he stood on the great open dome
                      of my heart with no one to tell.
                      sigpic

Comment

That. Is. BEAUTIFUL It reminded me of the Tesla quote I based "A Single Ray of Light" off of

*SQUEE*
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Really?! Excellent!!
                          sigpic

Comment

LOOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

LOOKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

OMGGGG SQQQUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!

thats effing adorable!!! *has a sudden random thought* wait a tick-tock. if (AND WHEN ) they get married...whose going to be Nikola's best man...i mean on the show he doesnt exactly have Biffles lol just a thought...oohh i smell a bizzarre fanfic with a new character brewing...crap *headdesk*
                              sigpic

Comment

OMGGGG SQQQUUUUEEEEE!!!!!!!

thats effing adorable!!! *has a sudden random thought* wait a tick-tock. if (AND WHEN ) they get married...whose going to be Nikola's best man...i mean on the show he doesnt exactly have Biffles lol just a thought...oohh i smell a bizzarre fanfic with a new character brewing...crap *headdesk*

YES! YES! YESYESYESYESYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! *Squeeflail*

AND OMG LOL YOU SHOULD TOTALLY WRITE THAT
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X