Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary - TEN 2009 Leo Awards Nominations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
    (Repost from Samanda and the Sanctuary thread)

Although it has yet to be officially confirmed, Sanctuary is expected to return to SyFy in October 2009 where it will feature alongside Stargate Universe on Friday nights. We’re guessing both of these series will feature heavily in the 6th Annual Leo Awards in 2010.[/B][/COLOR]

Now that's what I wanna hear.
    In 2010, it will actually be the 12th annual Leo Awards (I already left a note at SciFi Scoop).

Thanks Rocky, for the info!

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

WTG everyone at Sanctuary! Well deserved!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Sanctuary - Georgia Straight: Stargate Wins at Leo Awards:

At Georgia Straight (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Corner Gas, Stargate, Babz Chula win at B.C.'s Leo Awards

By Craig Takeuchi

B.C.’s celebrities and talent turned out in droves to converge at the Westin Bayshore this weekend for the Leo Awards, a two-day award ceremony for B.C.’s film and television industry.

While technical awards were given out on Friday (May 8) at the Celebration Awards, acting and directing awards were bestowed on Saturday (May 9) at the Gala Awards.

... Gabrielle Rose (Mothers&Daughters) won best guest performance by a female for her appearance on Sancutary...

Rose’s Mothers&Daughters costar Babz Chula won the best lead performance by a female, and later presented the best director award for feature length drama. The competitors for this award—which included David Wu (Iron Road), Gary Harvey (Playing For Keeps), Martin Wood (Stargate Continuum), and Charles Martin Smith (Stone of Destiny)—drew some of the loudest cheers of the night.

...Being Erica star Erin Karpluk presented the best lead in a dramatic series awards. Best male went to Tyler Labine for Reaper (VIFF–goers may have seen his performance in the computer sex comedy Control Alt Delete, which may have a theatrical run later this year) while best female went to Amanda Tapping for Sancutary...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1: Continuum - Twitter photo of Brad Wright and Amanda Tapping:

Courtesy of Debgirl's Twitter Site (Brad Wright's wife):

http://twitpic.com/4yqx6 - Stargate Continuum & Stargate Atlantis swept the Leo Awards! Brad & Amanda were all smiles.

2 minutes ago from TwitPic

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
            SG1: Continuum - Twitter photo of Brad Wright and Amanda Tapping:

Courtesy of Debgirl's Twitter Site (Brad Wright's wife):

http://twitpic.com/4yqx6 - Stargate Continuum & Stargate Atlantis swept the Leo Awards! Brad & Amanda were all smiles.

2 minutes ago from TwitPic

purdy amanda
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Sanctuary - 2009 Leo Awards : 2009 Winners by Program:

From the 2009 Leo Awards site:

2009 Winners by Program

DRAMATIC SERIES

Sanctuary - 4 awards

Best Make-Up in a Dramatic Series
              Todd Masters, Nicholas Podbrey, Sarah Pickersgill, Harlow MacFarlane
              Sanctuary - Warriors

Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series - Ryan Robbins
              Sanctuary - Edward

Best Guest Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series - Gabrielle Rose
              Sanctuary - Edward

Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series - Amanda Tapping
              Sanctuary - Requiem

~~**~~**

Congratulations to all the 2009 Leo Awards nominees!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Nice pic of the Sanctuary Team in the Vancouver Sun Leo Awards Gallery....

Here - 2nd row, 5 in from the left...

They spelt Chris' surname wrong though....oops!..

Deeds xx
                sigpic
                Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

Deeds xx
                  Woo-hoo!

Thank you!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

You're welcome....actually I got it wrong...they spelt Christopher wrong!!!.... LOL!!

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Originally posted by discodiva View Post

Deeds xx
                      Did they take the gallery down because when I click on the link I get hockey related pictures and when I did search I found the article but the link for gallery there took me back to the hockey related pictures.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                        Did they take the gallery down because when I click on the link I get hockey related pictures and when I did search I found the article but the link for gallery there took me back to the hockey related pictures.
                        Hmmm...I can't seem to find it either.

Fortunately, I saved the photo:

If I can find it at the Vancouver Sun site, I'll remove it here and post the link.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1./SGA/Sanctuary - Catherine Barr: More Leo Awards Photos:

From Catherine Barr (Vancouver, BC, Canada):

(Please follow the link to view the photos.)

Vancouver Leo Awards 2009

May 11, 2009 by Cat Barr

The Leo Awards, BC’s version of the Oscars and Emmys, took place last weekend at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver. Produced by the North Shore’s own Sonny Wong and Walter Daroshin, celebrities from both TV and movies walked the red carpet in style before being honoured by their peers at the gala awards show and dinner. Star spotters, autograph hunters and paparazzi galore made this a real Hollywood in Vancouver moment to remember.

Photos include:

... Best Guest Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series goes to the very talented Gabrielle Rose.

Actors Ryan Robbins and Tyler Labine each take home Leos for Best Guest Performance Male in a Dramatic Series and Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series, respectively.

West Vancouver’s Amanda Tapping, seen here with Leos producer Walter Daroshin, takes home the Leo for Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

[NOTE: I caved, and I'm paying for an online subscription to Playback Magazine.]

At Playback Magazine:

Leos laud sci-fi series

by: Cheryl Binning May 8, 2009

VANCOUVER -- Stargate Atlantis was the big winner at the Leo Awards as the annual honors for achievements in the B.C. film and TV industry were handed out on Friday and Saturday.

The sci-fi series, which completed a five-year run in January, was named best dramatic series and picked up eight additional awards, including direction for Robert Cooper, screenwriting for Alan McCullough and cinematography for Michael Blundell.

"It means a lot to us that the Leos give our cast and crew a pat on the back," said Cooper, while accepting his award. He also gave a shout-out to American studio MGM, which produces Stargate.

"We get all the freedom and most of the money we want," said Cooper.

Stargate Continuum, a direct-to-DVD movie, captured Leos for screenwriting (Brad Wright) and lead actor (Michael Shanks).

... On the TV side, Amanda Tapping (Sanctuary), Nancy Robertson (Corner Gas) and Tyler Labine (Reaper) picked up acting awards. Gabrielle Rose won a Leo for best guest performance on Sanctuary, which is now in its second season and one of the few Canadian series shooting this summer in B.C.

"Finally we have a series in Vancouver that has been renewed," said Rose in accepting her award, and referencing Vancouver's recent string of cancelled Canadian series -- jPod, Intelligence, Blood Ties, Robson Arms...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

lol

so is martin's grin the cheesiest you've ever seen or what?

it's so cute, it's like the photographer said 'dude, you just won, smile for cryin out loud!!!'

it reminds me of when we tell the niece to smile.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

LEO AWARDS FEATURED ON SHAW TV’s THE EXPRESS: TONIGHT!
                                VANCOUVER, BC – May 12, 2009: Tonight — Tuesday, May 12th – 6pm, 8pm, and 10pm, The Express on Shaw TV will be airing its on-location special of the LEO Awards Official Red Carpet and Gala Awards Ceremony. The show will also air the following day and at various times throughout the year.

Featured on the episode is LEO Award winners Amanda Tapping and Ryan Robbins of Sanctuary, Tyler Labine of Reaper, and Babz Chula of Mothers&Daughters, among the many others captured on the Red Carpet. Outstanding Achievement Award winners, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper of the Stargate franchise, are also featured on the episode. Learn how Brad and Robert’s childhood science fiction obsession led to the highly successful series.

'We are so excited to have Johanna Ward and Shaw TV on board once again this year to produce this exclusive TV special on the LEO Awards,' says Sonny Wong, LEO AWARDS Producer. 'As in past years, we’re sure that a few LEO Awards dinner parties will be taking place as the community comes together to celebrate this special broadcast.'

Tune in to learn more about BC’s exciting film and television talent on Shaw’s The Express May 12th and for exciting live coverage from the Red Carpet and Gala Awards Ceremony of the LEO AWARDS 2009!

http://www.leoawards.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X