Sanctuary - DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sanctuary is officially out in australia

was just at big w and boy was i surprised to see it on the shelf (our big w is not well known for having things on time)...

but im glad that i got the amazon preorder (even if i have to wait) as it has more special features then the oz release...

oh and it has a sticker on the plastic wrapper that says 'from the creators of stargate sg1 ... starring amanda tapping'
    Last edited by katjoy; 05 September 2009, 12:19 AM.
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I wish this was getting a BluRay release, some of the scenes would look amazing in HighDef.

Oh well, I'll still be picking this up unless there is talk of a BR release in the future.

Comment

Got an email from EzyDVD a minute ago, saying that my copy is awaiting dispatch. Yay!
        "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
        Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
        Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
        Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
        Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

I'd say my EZYDVD copy is in the mail soon too... bring on tomorrow!

Comment

Yay, it has shipped! They say 3 - 10 working days. I won't be surprised if it's here by the end of the week But it could be Monday.
            "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.

Comment

We don't get ours for another month! Waaaaaaaaaah

Stupid UK.
              sigpic

Comment

Go watch, you can see little bits from the DVD such has bloopers and season 2 sneak peak http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/12640

Comment

Just ordered a copy from Amazon. With the super saver shipping they are projecting a *mailing* date of September 21. That's unacceptable. Suse wants to know why! They were offering release date arrival with 2nd day, why not send it *at least* on the release date for super saver? I pity the person who got my blistering email. (Not so blistering, but definitely annoyed.)
                  sigpic
                  Mourning Sanctuary.
                  Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Got my DVDs today and I'd love to be jumping all over the place but as expected the Aussies got ripped off on the extras again.

FCOL why is it so hard to put the SAME extras on the releases world wide??

The Australian release has commentaries and a Making Of Special.

No webisodes, no bloopers, no S2 preview.

Gonna go watch some Sanctuary and try to cheer up. NOT happy.

Oh, before I stomp off in a huff, here's who does the Commentaries :

Sanctuary For All - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                    Fata Morgana - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                    Folding Man - Sam Egan, Emilie Ullerup, James Head
                    Kush - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                    Nubbins - Sam Egan, Emilie Ullerup, Peter DeLuise
                    The Five - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                    Edward - Ryan Robbins, Brenton Spencer (dir), Sam Egan
                    Requiem - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                    Warriors - Ryan Robbins, Brenton Spencer (dir), Sam Egan
                    Instinct - Damian, Steve Adelson, Matty Finochio
                    Revelations Pt1 - Martin, Amanda
                    Revelations Pt2 - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                    Last edited by RealmOfX; 08 September 2009, 09:44 PM.
                    -

Comment

No bloopers? Pity, that's one of the bright spots in my life. Will have to... locate them.
                      [edit]Oh, that was easy. Thanks
                      Bloopers are cute!
                      Last edited by Eternal Density; 08 September 2009, 09:56 PM. Reason: comma

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                        No bloopers? Pity, that's one of the bright spots in my life. Will have to... locate them.
                        [edit]Oh, that was easy. Thanks
                        Bloopers are cute!
                        I doubt it, at least in the bloopers case (or I hope they arent cos thats short!) but can anyone confirm that the bloopers and sneak peak are complete?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                          Got my DVDs today and I'd love to be jumping all over the place but as expected the Aussies got ripped off on the extras again.

FCOL why is it so hard to put the SAME extras on the releases world wide??

The Australian release has commentaries and a Making Of Special.

No webisodes, no bloopers, no S2 preview.

Gonna go watch some Sanctuary and try to cheer up. NOT happy.

Oh, before I stomp off in a huff, here's who does the Commentaries :

Sanctuary For All - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                          Fata Morgana - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                          Folding Man - Sam Egan, Emilie Ullerup, James Head
                          Kush - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                          Nubbins - Sam Egan, Emilie Ullerup, Peter DeLuise
                          The Five - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                          Edward - Ryan Robbins, Brenton Spencer (dir), Sam Egan
                          Requiem - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                          Warriors - Ryan Robbins, Brenton Spencer (dir), Sam Egan
                          Instinct - Damian, Steve Adelson, Matty Finochio
                          Revelations Pt1 - Martin, Amanda
                          Revelations Pt2 - Martin, Amanda, Damian
                          its really silly that all country's releases dont just have the same stuff on them... why take features off, its just going to send people outside the country to buy... i dont blame you for being disappointed RoX...

i got the amazon preorder, cause i wasnt taking any chances that ezydvd just forgot to list all the special features...
                          Last edited by katjoy; 09 September 2009, 02:22 AM.
                          "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

you know, shipping date on amanzon might be relative. I ordered myself a netbook monday, was told that the projected ship date was next week....right now it's somewhere between Kentucky and here. And the ram i ordered with a ship date later this week should be waiting for me when i get home today or tomorrow.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeh, they are. they usually say like it will take a week to ship then they ship the next day. Then the estimated date is according (and usually up to 1 week) to the 1st probable shipping. In my case it usually takes 2/3days.

Comment

A few more complaints to add about the Aussie release :

- it's NTSC not PAL (too bad if you have an older TV that's not dual play) and it's only noted on the back of the box not the discs like it's supposed to be and no large warning sticker on the front of the box to warn customers. It's labelled Region 0 too (I hope this doesn't mean it's the version for world wide distribution).
                                - no subtitles
                                - no 5.1 sound just 2.0 (have to double check this one tomorrow)

On a more positive note, the commentaries I've listen to so far have been good but that does little to balance out what is missing from this release.
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X