Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
    Yeah, premium cable does that because they charge a 'premium' to cover advertiser revenue. Not everyone would be willing to pay that for every channel. Imagine how expensive cable packages would be of that see the case. They'd be priced out of business.
    Well, even Stargate started on Showtime

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
      Well, even Stargate started on Showtime
      Be that as it may, while ratings don't play as big of a part in premium cable renewals, bad ratings AND lack of critical acclaim would get many a show canceled.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

out of all the eps we've seen with helen, and if you had to pick *one* of these helens...

which helen from which ep would you pick to focus an entire series on?

my answer is the slowly-going-to-bust helen from s4's 'tempus'.

what if helen hadn't stayed back in time, and instead returned to our timeline, but in THAT state of mind and mood?

-one of my faves scenes from 'tempus' is when she's beating the crap out of john. there was a touch of insanity in helen then... and amanda played her *great*!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Cable has the freedom to put in language, nudity, graphic content, etc that broadcast shows can't. In exchange, they are subscriber only. And they use that large income to make big shows....even if they are big shows with short runs (a dozen or so episodes a season)

While they may not have ad rates, they DO have DVD sales, they benefit directly from iTUnes sales and they do depend on critical acclaim. Rome, which was a good show, didn't win any emmys beyond the 'lame' costume design and the such...and it died after 2 seasons. Game of Thrones wins acting and writing and directing emmys, as does Dexter and Borgias and The Tudors, so they lasted.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Here is the info on why there will be no more Sanctuary. I know some want to blame Syfy but the answer is just a simple case of no money. No money... No Show.

Damian Kindler is now free to explain more since negotiations are over. Read it here in It’s over for Canadian sci-fi series Sanctuary

Comment

Good. No single 'evil show killer'...just a 'perfect storm' of bad circumstances and Sanctuary falls victim to a bad economy.

I take solace in the fact that now that it's cancelled, those involved can officially move on.

sigpic

Comment

It shocks me that now there are NO Syfy shows being shot in Vancouver
                sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                  Here is the info on why there will be no more Sanctuary. I know some want to blame Syfy but the answer is just a simple case of no money. No money... No Show.

Damian Kindler is now free to explain more since negotiations are over. Read it here in It’s over for Canadian sci-fi series Sanctuary
                  Thanks for that. So now we know. Just goes to show that you need to have all the facts and not jump to conclusions.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

You can't really blame the Beedie group for stepping away if it wasn't making them money in 4 years. I think it was great they backed it so long. Unfortunately tv is a business.
                    I think I'll do some S4 rewatching this weekend.

Comment

I agree. YOu can't expect people to lose money funding something. Would you 'donate' millions and millions and not get money back?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                        You can't really blame the Beedie group for stepping away if it wasn't making them money in 4 years. I think it was great they backed it so long. Unfortunately tv is a business.
                        I think I'll do some S4 rewatching this weekend.
                        Speaking of rewatching, maybe we should start the rewatch we talked about a while ago. Maybe that will raise everyone's spirits a bit.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I'm game, I've just been too swamped to organize anything.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            I'm game, I've just been too swamped to organize anything.

Has Sky been looking at my back yard? We be SWAMPED!
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                              Has Sky been looking at my back yard? We be SWAMPED!
                              Suse...are you trying out for that show, Swamp People?
                              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                                Suse...are you trying out for that show, Swamp People?
                                Nope! Don't like gators!* Or leeches. Or skeeters.

Ahem...

I wouldn't be adverse to a rewatch. One to 2 eps a week is doable.

* Not true. Handbags, belts, boots are all great.
                                Last edited by suse; 24 May 2012, 06:00 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X