Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON network stations, they DO buy specific shows. And by that I mean thy buy a show with a track record of ratings and demos.

They will also avoid specific shows, for example (I know this is radio) but Rush Limbaugh has lost some advertisors after his issues last week.

now do they ONLY buy specific shows? no. most of the time they buy ratings and demos.

I'd also deal with people that had $20 spots and they didn't care where they ran or prime time rotators that could run anywhere from 7-10pm.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Of course you're right Skydiver. I actually did know that, so I have no fraking idea what I was saying , there were probably meant to be qualifiers of 'generally' and 'most', but who knows. Thanks for pulling up my extreme stupidity.
      Last edited by Deevil; 11 March 2012, 06:16 PM.
      Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

No biggie. I used to work at two of our local stations and while it's been a few years, I doubt things have changed a whole lot. I think the biggest issue with my local stations is that many of them now run multiple stations out of the same building - such as what used to be 1 main station is now 2 or 3 counting the digital channels.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Has anyone mentioned here that Sanctuary has been nom'ed for a few Constellation Awards?

Amanda Tapping - Best Female Performance in a 2011 Science Fiction Television Episode - Normandy

Robin Dunne - Best Male Performance in a 2011 Science Fiction Television Episode
          - Fugue

Damian Kindler - Best Overall 2011 Science Fiction Film or Television Script. - Normandy

Damian Kindler & Andrew Lockngton - Best Technical Accomplishment in a 2011 Science Fiction Film or Television Production - Fugue

Sanctuary - Outstanding Canadian Contribution to Science Fiction Film or Television in 2011.

Constellation Awards
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Indeed the have. In 5 of the 9 catagories.

For anyone local to the Toronto area, I've confirmation that the Constalation Awards are open to anyone who is attending Polaris26 that weekend. Presenters and Attendees will be announced in the weeks following up to the ceremonies.

Seeing the nom's has pretty much solidified me decision to attend this year. Maybe I will finally get to meet #AT.

Comment

Not to spoil your hopes, but Amanda has not attended those awards in the past. Normally only those guests who are booked for the convention attend.
              sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Why hasn't she attended? Isn't this kind of an important event? I don't see why she wouldn't attend....

Comment

I wouldn't say the constellation awards are that big of an event. I attended one a few years ago, and mostly no one who was nominated attended. Let's just say the host was a sock puppet and his sexy assistant (Ed the Sock for those who recognize 'him'). Those attending in the audience were the congoers.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Also, the people who are guests at the con usually win. Because con-goers get to vote it's natural that people would choose to go to a con that has people they want to see.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I came across a press release the other day that said that eOne (Sanctuary's international DVD distributor) had partnered up with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and selected titles will transition to Fox beginning April 1. Included in the titles is Sanctuary, so maybe they will benefit from the larger distribution name and network.
                      -

Comment

Great news - thanks RoX!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hopefully this means S04 will finally be released.... S03 was out only 3 months after it finished airing!

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
                            Hopefully this means S04 will finally be released.... S03 was out only 3 months after it finished airing!
                            because S3 aired later than normal.

Release dates (US) for previous seasons :
                            S1 - September 15, 2009
                            S2 - June 15, 2010
                            S3 - September 13, 2011
                            -

Comment

Does anyone know when we'll get word of when or if Sanctuary will be coming back on?
                              O'Neill: "Ah. Trees, trees and more trees! What a wonderfully green universe we live in, eh."

Season 3 Episode 8 - Demons

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                                Does anyone know when we'll get word of when or if Sanctuary will be coming back on?
                                We still have nothing on it.

This is Ryan Robbins last message on facebook : So many #Sanctuary season 5 questions... Love the enthusiasm & support! Unfortunately, I still have no news to report. #sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X