Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    By the same token, it may well be that Sanctuary will pick up viewers that didn't watch it because it was on Friday Swings and roundabouts.

There's no point in worrying about it.
    Thank you Jumble..... I totally agree.

Don't Worry... Be Happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Ok, tiny rant, this doomin and gloomin is.....well i'm rolling my eyes so hard i'm getting a headache.

I respect peoples rights to say what they want, and i'm not saying to stop, but.....

a) like realm said, wrestling isn't helping Sanctuary as much as you'd think simply because the demo that lives and breathes wrestling isn't the demo to watch a show like sanctuary

b) right now, monday night is a virtual dead zone until 9pm central time. Being Human - a similar type show, did quite well there.

c) Sanctuary has an established fan base

d) sanctuary already has season 4 commissioned.

e) skiffy likely chose to do this either because whatever's replacing sanctuary paid them a lotta money to get that wrestling lead in, or they want to tap into being human's existing viewership...or they tossed darts at a calendar

f) skiffy will likely fill this friday's episode with 'moving to monday' promos....takes time to make them

g) this isn't some personal dig against AT and her directing. skiffy don't give a fig and they just chose a day of the week

h) we're headed into may sweeps, so instead of going head to head with Blue Bloods on CBS, Sanctuary's competition is now a couple of sitcoms and 'The Event', which is a dying show

i) I'm gonna wait and see what the ratings are before i don the hair shirt, flail and moan and generally immerse myself in doom and gloom

j) all the fan response in the world won't make skiffy change their mind, so maybe instead of spending your energy complaining about the move, you instead try to let people know about it

k).....think i've come up with enough
      Ditto Sky.... Ditto again. hehe

NO MORE GLOOM and DOOM people!!!!!!!

We are here to discuss the wonderfullness of Sanctuary, not the Television Business.

Yes, things change in life.... who we are is how we deal with change. Optimist or pessimist? I like being HAPPY.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
        Ditto Sky.... Ditto again. hehe

NO MORE GLOOM and DOOM people!!!!!!!

We are here to discuss the wonderfullness of Sanctuary, not the Television Business.

Yes, things change in life.... who we are is how we deal with change. Optimist or pessimist? I like being HAPPY.
        We can all be happy and optimistic for the show, but a lot of facts say that this move is a bad idea, and when the ratings get bad, we'll see who's happy and optimistic then. I choose to get ready for the worst, the wonderfullness of Sanctuary may not last if this move is a bad idea, which a lot of people say it is.

Comment

In an attempt to ease some people's minds ... I don't participate in fandom at all anymore. Honestly I'm pretty clueless about the ins and outs of Sanctuary, except what's shown on TV. I don't read interviews, articles, etc. unless someone on IM gives me a link, but due to my hectic schedule even my IM visits are few and far between. All this to say my only exposure to Syfy and Sanctuary is one hour a week on TV.

So how did I end up here today??? I'm glad you asked - I follow a couple of Sanctuary fans on Twitter and their tweets alerted me to the change. So don't worry - word is getting out!

Sky - I believe (at least in my area) Sanctuary will be competing with Castle and Hawaii Five-O, so until May 16th (which is the season final for those shows) competition may be a little stiff. However, other shows will be going on summer hiatus, Sanct. will be gearing up with new eppys. People used to watching great shows at 10/9c , will be looking for something else to watch. Unlike on Friday's when people may go out ... Mondays are generally a get home early night - so has potential for picking up new fans.
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 21 April 2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Rocky, I learned a long time ago not to meet misery halfway - if it's coming it'll get here on it's own. In the meantime, enjoy Sanctuary and look for the pleasure in life

We don't get the rest of S3 until June - do you hear me ranting about it? No. I don't like it, but it'll get here eventually and I have better things to spend my emotions on

*hugs*

Comment

By the same token, it may well be that Sanctuary will pick up viewers that didn't watch it because it was on Friday Swings and roundabouts.

There's no point in worrying about it.
              That would be a best case scenario, but we'll see. I hope you're right. And I would be thrilled to find out I was wrong to be concerned.

Steff: Don't Worry... Be Happy
              To me that just means "Lie down and take it." or "Don't think, let us spoon-feed you." Neither of which is me.

I like "Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best" better.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                That would be a best case scenario, but we'll see. I hope you're right. And I would be thrilled to find out I was wrong to be concerned.

To me that just means "Lie down and take it." or "Don't think, let us spoon-feed you." Neither of which is me.

More like - "Don't keep banging your head against a brick wall, you'll just end up with a headache"

But yes, hope for the best

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                  In an attempt to ease some people's minds ... I don't participate in fandom at all anymore. Honestly I'm pretty clueless about the ins and outs of Sanctuary, except what's shown on TV. I don't read interviews, articles, etc. unless someone on IM gives me a link, but due to my hectic schedule even my IM visits are few and far between. All this to say my only exposure to Syfy and Sanctuary is one hour a week on TV.

So how did I end up here today??? I'm glad you asked - I follow a couple of Sanctuary fans on Twitter and their tweets alerted me to the change. So don't worry - word is getting out!

Sky - I believe (at least in my area) Sanctuary will be competing with Castle and Hawaii Five-O, so until May 16th (which is the season final for those shows) competition may be a little stiff. However, other shows will be going on summer hiatus, Sanct. will be gearing up with new eppys. People used to watching great shows at 10/9c , will be looking for something else to watch. Unlike on Friday's when people may go out ... Mondays are generally a get home early night - so has potential for picking up new fans.
                  Rocky, I learned a long time ago not to meet misery halfway - if it's coming it'll get here on it's own. In the meantime, enjoy Sanctuary and look for the pleasure in life

We don't get the rest of S3 until June - do you hear me ranting about it? No. I don't like it, but it'll get here eventually and I have better things to spend my emotions on

*hugs*
                  Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

Does anyone remember this from the GW homepage?
                  Spoiler:

I read the last paragraph, and I think "They did mess with a good thing."

I know of a few fans already that will have trouble watching it on Monday, and it's weird for a show like that to be on a Monday. I think about big episodes coming up that could be hurt because of low ratings and that makes me even more . Unless you want a show to fail you don't move it in the middle of or after a mid season break, you wait until it gains an audience, then move it, and you don't pair it with a show that's dying. Syfy dug their own grave for SGU by doing this.

Sanctuary at least has a following already so it might not be a horrible move for it like it was for SGU. For me personally it would be a bad idea, especially if they left it on at the 10, where some go to bed early on week days, as opposed weekends. The Friday time slot as I have nothing else on after 9 expect Smallville, but that airs before Sanctuary. Syfy has a 20 history of making bad choices, this is one of them, and if they do move it back to Fri, it could hurt the show again because they'll just be moving it around one day to another. I do think this is the worst thing Syfy could have done, and an alarming number of people on twitter have already given up hope for a S5.

Comment

I feel very sad for people that can give up hope so easily

Edit: From Sanctuary's Facebook:

TRUE! Sanctuary is moving to Mon on Syfy! Bonus is that this week in the US, you get to bookend your weekend w/ 2 NEW episodes of Sanctuary. “Hangover" Fri + “One Night” Mon!

Why? Syfy is creating a HOT Mon nite of orig scripted programming starting now and going through summer. We’re excited to be on the same nite that’s done very well for Syfy. And c'mon, we all need a reason to look forward to Mon, right?!

Comment

For me, there is nothing on on Mondays, except Universe now, so I have no problem with the move. Tho I do share the concern that some of you all have. But as long as they keep giving us Sanctuary, I'll keep watching and loving the show.
                      sigpic
                      Icon and Sig by me.

Comment

For the record: moving to Monday is actually better for some viewers, personal-schedule-wise. Yes, we may be a small segment of the overall viewership, but believe it or not, we do exist. So while it doesn't work as well for others, you didn't hear us complain about it being on Friday night at 10. /snarky moment

Also, as it was pointed out above, there are a huge chunk of viewers who will be missing their usual fare in a couple of weeks (Castle and Hawaii 50 come immediately to mind) who are likely to be looking for something to watch ... by the time their regular shows return, I have faith that Sanctuary will have a portion of them hooked. It's a team figuring out problems, full of adventure, action and with comedic points - that description covers both of the aforementioned shows as well. Sure, there are obviously sci-fi elements to Sanctuary ... but that doesn't exclusively define it, just as the other two shows shouldn't be merely described as "cop shows".

For my Cdn compatriots: have we heard anything about Space yet? While they usually follow roughly what SyFy does, it's not always exact...
                        ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                        ames on facebook
                        ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Sneak Peak of One Night that will air on Monday!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                            We can all be happy and optimistic for the show, but a lot of facts say that this move is a bad idea, and when the ratings get bad, we'll see who's happy and optimistic then. I choose to get ready for the worst, the wonderfullness of Sanctuary may not last if this move is a bad idea, which a lot of people say it is.
                            i've gotten conditioned to expect the worst with stargate (certain topics), *b/c* of the way things went, being disappointed and lead on over and over, but with this, the move to monday...

it COULD go bad, or it COULD work even better for sanctuary. we don't know yet. we'll have to wait and see how it does.

is sanctuary a strong enough series to handle this move? we'll see. but this is what 'every' series goes through, having to stand on it's own legs. we'll see...

(((sanctuary)))
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Considering we were nearing April 15th and ppl still didnt know when the show was coming back. A lot of ppl wont know about the change. They had 4 months! It could have started on Mondays. I think that would have been better.
                              Do you guys (US) have a long weekend too? No work till Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                and an alarming number of people on twitter have already given up hope for a S5.

I went and looked at twitter. Not even 100 people. I don't think a few dozen people not liking it is an amazing number. Let me know when the number gets close to the 1.4 million and more that watch. And it really seemed like the same handful of people posting a lot of multiple twits of despair. I like the positive tweets of the cast. All with a positive spin on the move. I'm with them. I especailly like the one that states that now they will me on a night with all originally written shows. Lots better then Wrestling.

@RobertLarwenson Monday is getting better in the US. #Sanctuary moves to 10pm Mondays from...Monday! Big night for Syfy and we're thrilled to be part of it!

@AmandaTappping Sanctuary's new Syfy time slot MONDAYS AT 10PM starting on April 25th with "One Night". Bookend this weekend with #Sanctuary! Cool.

@SanctuarySeries True! #Sanctuary is moving to Mondays on #Syfy! Why? Syfy is turning Mon nite into a hot lineup of orig scripted programming. We're excited!
                                Last edited by Steff; 21 April 2011, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X