Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Discussion (Spoilers for the most recent episode)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    .......ATTENTION EVERYONE.......

I'm proud to announce that SanctuaryFans.com is NOW LIVE!!!!

Hey now, Myrth and I told ya it was coming.

http://sanctuaryfans.com/

This is a way cool site (imho) and I'm proud to say I had the honor of working on it with the genius that is Myrth.

BTW...three cheers goes to Myrth for her fantastic script wizardry, without which we'd have a pretty design that couldn't do all that much. You GO girl.

Definitely a cool site. I'll be checking it out from time to time for sure.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is a way cool site (imho) and I'm proud to say I had the honor of working on it with the genius that is Myrth.

BTW...three cheers goes to Myrth for her fantastic script wizardry, without which we'd have a pretty design that couldn't do all that much. You GO girl.

Wow, looks great, well done. Im looking forward to finding out more about this show, looks really great.
      Please check out my Doctor Who forum at http://tardistales.proboards100.com/index.cgi

There are boards for the classic series and new series and much more.

Comment

excellent site guys. it looks great.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

The website looks great, but this member of the Semiliterate Computer Geeks club wants to know how to shrink it to fit my screen.
          sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
          May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Looking good!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              this is what i said in the Helen/Amanda 'Santuary' appreciation thread --

there's SOOOO much potential in the sanctuary saga. just think...

helen's 157 years old. just what has she seen/witnessed in this time?

i'd *love* to see flashbacks to helen's times during the decades. imagine a 60s flowergirl helen , or gun-slinging cowgirl helen, or helen of the 1920s... the list goes on with what we could see of the many eras of helen. i can't wait!

so i'm wondering, will we actually *see* anything like this -helen throughout the decades? i think it would be fab!

sally
              Helen has seen enough violence in her life to be comfortable with a gun, so she probably wouldn't have had a problem being a cowgirl, but I'm not so sure about the other times. Both the 20s and the 60s are eras associated with sexual freedom, and I doubt Helen would have participated in either. Victorian society had very strict sexual mores, and Helen would have absorbed a great deal of that. Also, she would have suffered the consequences of having a child out of wedlock. Most of polite society would have shunned her, and she's likely to have felt ashamed of her behavior. If she loved the father of her baby and was abandoned by him, it would likely result in ever stronger feelings that extramarital sex was to be avoided.

So much of the personality is formed in childhood and twenties that even at 157 years old, she would be carrying around a lot of Victorian baggage. Have you noticed how completely covered she is in all the publicity shots that have been released? I wonder if that's not because of values as opposed to the need to dress warmly.
              sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
              May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Awesome site guys. Signed up
                sigpic

Comment

Great job Über and Myrth!! Looks fantastic, and I like the blog feed!

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
                  The website looks great, but this member of the Semiliterate Computer Geeks club wants to know how to shrink it to fit my screen.
                  YAY! May I join your club?

But I may rank below semi - to well and truly illiterate.
                  Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                  Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                    Great!

Thanks for getting the trailer working again. I haven't been able to watch it for days, and was having withdrawal symptoms. lol
                    Glad to know I'm not the only one who watches it every couple of days.

As for Helen, I hope we get to see her in doctor mode. I love the idea that she was a physician in the Victorian Era.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                      I just got a heads up from a friend of mine. The interview with Amanda Tapping & Damian Kindler at Slice of SciFi is on this week. There is an article about it here.
                      Thanks for link!

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      As for Helen, I hope we get to see her in doctor mode. I love the idea that she was a physician in the Victorian Era.
                      Me too, and I can't wait for the medico/ physiobabble. hehe.
                      Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                      Quint Studer

Comment

Very nice. I've got it bookmarked now.

Comment

Love the fansite!

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Love it!

I just got a heads up from a friend of mine. The interview with Amanda Tapping & Damian Kindler at Slice of SciFi is on this week. There is an article about it here.
                            Thanks for the link, bookmarked to read it later

Oh boy, see this is what happens when you take a day away from GW, you miss really important stuff lol. Well done ladies for getting the site live so quickly, I'm off to take a look now

Julia(samcarterrules)

*Runs out of GW door*
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Damian has updated his blog - go read, go read

A 2 min. trailer coming soon!! amongst other things
                              -

Comment

Does anyone know when the series will actually "air"? I just surfed the official website and there is still nothing more then some audio and those three little pictures.
                                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                                And he's wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                                X