Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
    Here's the thing, People do not always know the answer. When a character says something like the hallucinations are from lack of oxygen, then they may not be lying, but they might not be telling the truth either. It's what they think is occurring.
    I have to dispute this; it's a guess, an assumption. Lying is when you're trying to diverge from the truth, coming up with anything that isn't established. The truth is telling something that's established, telling something that actually happened. When people are making assumptions; they're not purposefully lying or telling the truth, they're not even trying to come up with a reason with why it's happening. They're coming up with something based on what they see based on possible situations and even visible sights.

Case in point. Aaron made that assumption when the flame was burning out; now if the flame wasn't burning out, what type of assumption would he be making? Gas, drugs, toxins? He made it based on what he saw, not something made out of desperation.

In Stargate Universe, people raised red flags when someone explained something that didn't make sense or some gave a board answer like "Destiny's thousands of years old". They are human and humans do not always speak in exact truths.
    So what is an exact truth? And more so if humans don't speak in exact truths what can. A computer is a thing that processes things to the exact decibel point but it doesn't know what the exact truth is, anything that's stored on there could be the truth or it could be a fabrication... So really, is there anything that can be defined as an "exact truth". Even if the computer had artificial intelligence, it would still have a grasp of humanity and it's definition of exactism would be loss therefore residing the computer to the realm of humans.

Humans range from all kinds and there is no exact classification for what we do "telling exact truths, feeling emotional outburts, having odd thoughts" so therefore there can be no unified belief for what the race is as a while.

Also what is shown is a TV show, details are likely to be messed up depending on the quality of the writer. (excluding years) This is not limited to SGU by the way, SGA and even SG1 messes up certain details too and those people aren't even on the same caliber as SGU.

We guess and we say board things like "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse". That doesn't mean they are going to eat a horse or a meal of comparable size, it's just a figure of speech.
    This is contradictory. Using the same argument, is saying "A pig can fly"? a guess. That meaning of speech is based on the fact that pigs don't fly but who's to say there aren't some people who take it seriously.

In this case, Aaron who is more knowledgeable about technology than medicine or chemicals, gave what he thought was causing the hallucinations. And clearly, he's thought that they were occurring only when they were about to die was wrong, since they were in the tunnels for a long time.
    Technology is technically science, you have things like neutrons, electrical conductivity, binary code, material composition, data transfering, machinery and medicine and chemicals, also science... there are things like formulas, minerals, cells, the breaking and reforming of them, the specific composition of atoms, the variations in the atmosphere, volitity, formulas. Even designing Roller Coasters requires an intricate knowledge of physics, speed of drop, momentum, gravity, friction, lateral forces.

To assume that Aaron does not know science is incorrect. Google would not let a person without a proper experience in technology to be an executive, it suggests unprofessionalism. (how do you think they manage to innovate new technology and manage their systems.) He saw the flame, he saw how it was burning out, he even knew that a lack of oxygen can lead to delirium (due to certain functions of the brain not working properly, things like the memory and perception aspect of it.), that alone gives the argument that he knows about science much more weight. Sure, he's a geek but technology is not separate from science, in fact it is a part of it.

It's also one of the things I detest about him; the neglect of this knowledge that could potentially be helpful. I really understand if you want to make him weak but the entire world does not revolve around technology, things like nature, the scope of the world and even basic understanding of life are as essential as technology which even then is just a thing we could do without. If they would realize that technology isn't the one-sided thing it is and if they would just bring out Aaron's other knowledge, make him more of a know-it-all and less of a computer geek then maybe, maybe I'd like it more but as it stands...
    Back from the grave.

Comment

Here's the thing, People do not always know the answer. When a character says something like the hallucinations are from lack of oxygen, then they may not be lying, but they might not be telling the truth either. It's what they think is occurring.

In Stargate Universe, people raised red flags when someone explained something that didn't make sense or some gave a board answer like "Destiny's thousands of years old". They are human and humans do not always speak in exact truths.

We guess and we say board things like "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse". That doesn't mean they are going to eat a horse or a meal of comparable size, it's just a figure of speech.

In this case, Aaron who is more knowledgeable about technology than medicine or chemicals, gave what he thought was causing the hallucinations. And clearly, he's thought that they were occurring only when they were about to die was wrong, since they were in the tunnels for a long time.

Spoiler:
      I'd considered that Aaron didn't really know what was wrong, and it might really have been something other than the air, but then they started acting like they were all having some trouble breathing, and they mentioned that the fire was getting low due to lack of oxygen; and once they started to get close to the exit, someone(the militia guy, I think) mentioned how the torch was getting brighter. I just don't see how they could have had so little oxygen in those tunnels, that they were already at the point of hallucinating(which Aaron said was something that happened right before death). If there was supposed to be more to it(or something other) than the lack of oxygen, then someone should have at least brought up the possibility. Anyway, it didn't ruin the entire episode for me, but I was bothered by it.
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say, Kashmir, was yet the worst episode ! I only liked
        Spoiler:
        I only really liked the interaction between Miles and Bass during his hallucination
        the only fact I liked was that Sebastian Roché ( Balthazar from Supernatural ) was in it, I like this guy, other than that. I'll still finish Season 1 too see where things headed, probably on dvd it will be a quote from "critics" " a mind blowing season " ... not... but will see how thing's will develop next year.

Off-Topic : Who the hell his Ziva ?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
          I have to say, Kashmir, was yet the worst episode ! I only liked
          Spoiler:
          I only really liked the interaction between Miles and Bass during his hallucination
          the only fact I liked was that Sebastian Roché ( Balthazar from Supernatural ) was in it, I like this guy, other than that. I'll still finish Season 1 too see where things headed, probably on dvd it will be a quote from "critics" " a mind blowing season " ... not... but will see how thing's will develop next year.

Off-Topic : Who the hell his Ziva ?
          Ummm nobody named Sebastian Roche was in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
            Ummm nobody named Sebastian Roche was in that episode.
            Wasn't that him ? Sorry, my bad. it was Reed Diamond, but you have to admit, they look quite the same.
            sigpic

Comment

Anyone know what day/time it repeats? I might have a conflict tomorrow night for the season finale with hour 2 of the Extreme-make over home edition.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                Anyone know what day/time it repeats? I might have a conflict tomorrow night for the season finale with hour 2 of the Extreme-make over home edition.
                I think it may repeat next Saturday night. Do you have computer access? It will be on Hulu and NBC Tuesday morning.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Laptop, but since its almost 8 yrs old, it runs hulu slow as heck.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Laptop, but since its almost 8 yrs old, it runs hulu slow as heck.
                    I'm sure as I was orginally wrong. It only airs this Monday which makes your online viewing you only choice if you want Extreme Makeover
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yea.. i checked out this coming Saturday's tv schedule and saw no Revolution repeat...
                      Guess its gonna be 1 of the 2 hrs of EMHE i catch tonight.

Comment

What did everyone think of the finale? I still haven't figured out the manaul spoiler posting so I can't say much but interesting they delved into the past deep friendship of former BFF's Miles and Monroe,
                        going back to boyhood now to remain enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                          What did everyone think of the finale? I still haven't figured out the manaul spoiler posting so I can't say much but interesting they delved into the past deep friendship of former BFF's Miles and Monroe,
                          going back to boyhood now to remain enemies.
                          For spoilers it's:
                          [spoiler] [ /spoiler] or
                          [spoilers] [ /spoilers]
                          just don't put a space between the open bracket and the slash.

I thought last night's episode was really good. I think it's the best episode of the first half of the season. I liked it a lot. I really liked how they went into Miles' and Monroe's friendship a bit.
                          I like the series and most of the characters, and I hate that there will be such a long wait until the next episode( though I do find the break understandable).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                            For spoilers it's:
                            [spoiler] [ /spoiler] or
                            [spoilers] [ /spoilers]
                            just don't put a space between the open bracket and the slash.

I thought last night's episode was really good. I think it's the best episode of the first half of the season. I liked it a lot. I really liked how they went into Miles' and Monroe's friendship a bit.
                            I like the series and most of the characters, and I hate that there will be such a long wait until the next episode( though I do find the break understandable).
                            Thanks VampyreWraith! do you type that in manually?

As for the wait, how long are we talking? I saw 2013 but not a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                              Thanks VampyreWraith! do you type that in manually?

As for the wait, how long are we talking? I saw 2013 but not a month.
                              You're welcome yep you type that in, and when you hit reply the spoilers will be covered. So it's, [spoiler] spoilery stuff goes here [ /spoiler] (without the space).

I think it's supposed to come back on March 25, 2013. It's a long break.
                              sigpic

Comment

man what a finale. i betcha dollars to donuts that
                                Spoiler:
                                its neville in that helicopter.

Comment

Working...
                                X