Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Its not going anywhere with the ratings its getting
    I've been so busy lately, that I've not checked the ratings on anything. I just know that I like the show...and usually when I like a show...it gets cancelled.
    sigpic

Comment

I also enjoy watching the show; I find it entertaining, so I'm glad that it's doing well. I hate that it's going on a 4 month hiatus after the next 3 episodes, since I really look forward to the new eps.
      sigpic

Comment

I actually think its a good idea. Revolution is a serialized show and serialized TV tends to do poorly in reruns. So a long hiatus while strange for primetime tv will probably work in Revolution's favor.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

True, that way, after the long hiatus, it can run straight through without all the little 1 or 2 weeks breaks(hopefully anyway). It's also still going to be paired with The Voice, so that's good. As long as its' return is advertised well, the hiatus could be a good thing for the show. I just hate waiting .
          sigpic

Comment

A 4 month hiatus? That does suck pretty bad.

Overall, my wife and I are really enjoying this show.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There is a mixed record of shows successfully returning from such long hiatus. I think the trend lately is that shows tend not to do to well afterwards

Comment

I really enjoyed last night's episode(ep 8). I think it was the best so far.
                Spoiler:
                It was more militia focused(which I like).
                We got to know more about Nora(which I thought was good). Nora's sister being a traitior was kind of obvious(based on how easily she was freed).
                Neville's wife stroking his ego, and telling him that he should be the one in charge was interesting.
                sigpic

Comment

I liked Ties That Bind .. and it kept me watching not like the last episode ! I'm beginning to like Nora, she is kind of cool and Tracy Spiriadakos ( Charlie ) wasn't annoying for the first time in the whole season ! How much episode have we left untill it goes to the break ? Weird that the ad for next episode said "the next episode will feature a song of led zeppelin".. I like the band.. but.. so... what ? I thought that was kind of weird.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                    How much episode have we left untill it goes to the break ?
                    Last episode (ep10) is November 26th, it then returns March 26th.

You'd think NBC would learn that after not one (Flash Forward) but two (The Event) of their previous shows haemorrhaged viewers after their mid-season breaks, that people don't tune back in when you put a show on break for months at a time.

But I guess that's a lesson NBC are yet to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

You'd think NBC would learn that after not one (Flash Forward) but two (The Event) of their previous shows haemorrhaged viewers after their mid-season breaks, that people don't tune back in when you put a show on break for months at a time.

Flash Forward was on ABC not NBC. Both examples had the show doing poorly before the hiatsus so it doesn't work. LOST had huge breaks and did not suffer significantly because of the breaks
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ties That Bind
                        Spoiler:
                        You think that with the pendents being revealed; the show would go into a better direction. Well it does in this episode but some how it's still stuck in it's shackles.

But it is decent...

The premise of them being followed by one of the militia's most ruthless leaders Strauser isn't exactly a good premise; while the fear of them being hunted by a person who is willing to do anything to kill them is a good one in theory, as shown previously in Revolution these types of situations don't exactly provide the tensity which engages people but it does provide some good action. Just when you think it's going to be another episode, bam! You get gunshots, people chasing themselves through a city and even explosions galore; it's definitely an unexpected surprise which should take it's audience by storm and hook them though the ever disappointing times.

I think the problem lies with Strauser; he's built up to be an unstoppable, menacing foe and that's what he is, just a menacing foe without any convincing character or background. There's nothing to make us think that he's any different from any of the milita guys we've faced except for the fact that he's seemingly everywhere and one step ahead of our heroes; even his backstory is disinteresting in that he was locked up in a mental asylum, while it does explain his personality, it doesn't make him memorable one bit. He does have one defining trait though and that is the deviousness that he shows in setting up situations to get what he wants, tricking the characters and destroying friendships in the process; that one scene shows the potential of that character but then again, it's only one thing that stands out from a bland few.

Strauser.

I have to say, the characters here acted better; Miles seemed to be somewhat into it yelling out emphasisms with a bit of emotion and definitely showing his gruff side and Charlie, let's just say she wisely stays out of the way knowing her limitations and her inability to emote. Less Charlie equal better episode I say; they really helped to provide some entertainment value and keep people engaged and maybe, maybe that'll translate to future episodes and even Nevil gets a chance to show his fatherly side by going against the abuse given towards him and even protecting him in the process shafting a commander or two (it really shows how he takes his position and his family seriously, makes him almost human.) but the real stars here are Nora and her sister who manage to bring out the acting chops and finally prove their characters.

Though the plot is common; the emotion they put on is really charming, you can feel their bond, the hopes that their father might be alive, the desire of Nora to save Miles brother, the insistence of her sister; even though I think otherwise of Charlie and her family, it is the sweetness that makes it all convincing, that makes you forgoe the flaws and just think of what's on screen and the flashbacks featuring their younger selves are equally as good if not better. I don't know why the younger counterparts act better than their older ones but they do, the way her sister asks questions and make faces is exceedingly cute and the way Nora takes care of her younger sister, trying to reassure her through these hard times, it's a nice sign of the devoted nature that her character would later have in the future.

Cute.

However, the episode seems to go off on a tangent in the last few minutes and it seems to consist mainly of padding with possible questions for the future. Many questionable inclusions are included here like the scene with Strauser and Miles; considering what he had I'm surprised he went back and gave them a chance to take it, especially considering that the crew was able to at least get close to Strauser. This would threaten to undermine the series but luckily the writers managed to rectify that though in the poorest way possible. The scene involving Nora and her sister is a nice show is emotional heartbreak but it's placing in the plot felt like something meant for Act 4 rather than Act 3 and it's impact is lessened because of it. There's also more setups here than plot, we have a scene with Monroe and Rachel, we have a scene with Nevil and surprise, surprise, a scene with Grace and Randal which shows us a bit of their operation.

It raises many questions like "will Nevil rise up and take control of the Militia?", "just what is Monroe going to do with the pendent?", "what is that weapon shown in the end?" and all of those questions seems interesting but the real question to me is this. "Do these instances have any weight?" Miles definitely seems to hint constantly at how Monroe will use the pendents but he only gives us insistence after insistence with no clarity. Adding to that is the lack of exploration into Miles' past; he was the founder of the militia, he supposedly killed tons of people and yet there is barely anything about that which gives weight to his words. I understand if you want to keep this a secret but for us to care about the pendents, we have to know more about him and they're going to have to reveal it sooner or later because saying Monroe is evil (though he himself isn't helping) isn't exactly going to hold up.

This isn't as what NBC made it out to be but it's still decent. There wasn't much in the premise overall but it did have a cute plot with Nora and her sister and at least Charlie stayed out of the way. At least we're getting, getting somewhere now.

5.0/10
                        Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post

Thanks Ian-S I'm still pissed on NBC because they didn't air community when it should have aired. I don't get them, the treat their best shows ( at least IMO ) like.... nothin ! At least chuck had a good run although it had to struggle as well, why are especially NBC so stupid ? I think they are worse then abc, fox and syfy together when it comes down to canceling shows!
                          sigpic

Comment

I liked Ties That Bind .. and it kept me watching not like the last episode ! I'm beginning to like Nora, she is kind of cool and Tracy Spiriadakos ( Charlie ) wasn't annoying for the first time in the whole season ! How much episode have we left untill it goes to the break ? Weird that the ad for next episode said "the next episode will feature a song of led zeppelin".. I like the band.. but.. so... what ? I thought that was kind of weird.
                            Charlie wasn't annoying for the first time? Darn and I missed it because I fell asleep. I like the show, but Charlie makes it difficult for me to watch it. I only vaguely know what happens week to week, because I get so p'oed at Charlie. I'll have to rewatch it when it reairs during the hiatus.
                            Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Charlie didn't really do much in the latest episode. She was nice to Nora, and that was about it. I like it when she isn't focused on as much.

The promo for next week's episode makes it seem
                              Spoiler:
                              very Miles/Monroe/militia heavy. I hope that's the case.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Ian-S I'm still pissed on NBC because they didn't air community when it should have aired. I don't get them, the treat their best shows ( at least IMO ) like.... nothin ! At least chuck had a good run although it had to struggle as well, why are especially NBC so stupid ? I think they are worse then abc, fox and syfy together when it comes down to canceling shows!
                                Community their best show? Thats laughable. Community has low ratings and barely got a new season. NBC has such low standards that a show that would have been cancelled on ABC and FOX might get renewed on NBC
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X