Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revolution (NBC) : News/Speculation/General Discussion SPOILERS S2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Spoiler:
    Rachel went over to Miles and smacked him, right after that, the militia guys came in. There was no time to grab the pendant thing. If she hadn't gone over to Miles first, there would have been time though.
    It seemed to me they both stood there for a bit before she smacked him...

    Comment


      Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      It seemed to me they both stood there for a bit before she smacked him...
      Yeah, they stared at each other, then she smacked him, then right after that that 3 militia guys ran in.
      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by lopo30 View Post
        Spoiler:
        he's son was like 6 y.o. before the power went down how can he know how to fly ???

        i think more that it's the black women who worked with Rachel before the power went down cause few episodes back there was talk about that when she was captured with some creepy guy who had working factory or electricity station


        and btw it's a strange mid season if the show first season has 22 episodes and have aired only 10 episodes so next year we have 12 episodes
        Spoiler:
        He could have had someone teach him the basics. He spends time away from camp, it's been made clear that he's not happy with Dad. He seems to be smited with Charlie. Monroe would have had to have had some trained people in his camp. It could be the first time he's actually been in a helicopter that works - it's not unusal for TV to take a few liberties in their story-telling.

        I don't think it's Grace but I do agree it could also be someone Randall sent. Randall knows that Monroe has one of the pendents. It's possible he also has people who have infiltrated Monroe's unit. - things we won't know until the season starts up again.
        sigpic

        www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

        Comment


          Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
          Spoiler:
          He could have had someone teach him the basics. He spends time away from camp, it's been made clear that he's not happy with Dad. He seems to be smited with Charlie. Monroe would have had to have had some trained people in his camp. It could be the first time he's actually been in a helicopter that works - it's not unusal for TV to take a few liberties in their story-telling.

          I don't think it's Grace but I do agree it could also be someone Randall sent. Randall knows that Monroe has one of the pendents. It's possible he also has people who have infiltrated Monroe's unit. - things we won't know until the season starts up again.
          Spoiler:
          More likely its an old pilot who knows how to fly already. Sending up a rookie in one of your helicopters is just calling for it to crash. Would you simply give some verbal instructions to a kid and then put him behind the wheel of a car expecting him to do good?
          Last edited by Bagpuss; November 28, 2012, 09:31 PM.

          Comment


            Spoiler:
            I doubt it's either Neville, Grace or Neville's son in that helicopter, although it's certainly possible that either Neville or Grace could have had flying experience before the blackout more likely either one of them than Neville's son I would guess it would have to be someone who knew how to fly before the blackout therefore I agree with the post above on that issue. I guess we'll just have to wait until season 2 starts up
            I really enjoyed this last episode much more than the previous one the hallucinations in the tunnel got quite tedious for me but this episode was quite good. Glad to see Rachel take out that psychopath. sort of sad that backstory between Miles and Monroe esp after Monroe lost his family and Miles saying well you still have me(BFF's) and now they are going to be enemies forever as Monroe has lost it and of course Miles has to choose his family over him.

            Comment


              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Unless the return completely bombs its unlikely the show will be cancelled
              Finally a show I like and watch each week that is in no danger of getting canceled.(I hope)

              Comment


                Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                Spoiler:
                I doubt it's either Neville, Grace or Neville's son in that helicopter, although it's certainly possible that either Neville or Grace could have had flying experience before the blackout more likely either one of them than Neville's son I would guess it would have to be someone who knew how to fly before the blackout therefore I agree with the post above on that issue. I guess we'll just have to wait until season 2 starts up
                I really enjoyed this last episode much more than the previous one the hallucinations in the tunnel got quite tedious for me but this episode was quite good. Glad to see Rachel take out that psychopath. sort of sad that backstory between Miles and Monroe esp after Monroe lost his family and Miles saying well you still have me(BFF's) and now they are going to be enemies forever as Monroe has lost it and of course Miles has to choose his family over him.
                Don't you mean when S1 returns?
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

                Comment


                  Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Don't you mean when S1 returns?
                  Oh yes, that's what I mean!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    More likely its an old pilot who knows how to fly already. Sending up a rookie in one of your helicopters is just calling for it to crash. Would you simply give some verbal instructions to a kid and then put him behind the wheel of a car expecting him to do good?
                    Normally I would agree, except
                    Spoiler:
                    TV tends to take creative liberties for dramatic purposes and just any old pilot would not have a dramatic effect. And if the rookie pilot has worked through enough verbal/mental excercises inside a helicopter, he just might be able to at least start and get the helicopter in the air. I agree that a rookie would have a high probability of crashing.

                    I just think that the pilot has to be a bit of a surprise to everyone when he's revealed. I don't think it's someone that hasn't been introduced yet.

                    The other side is that it is an experienced pilot and he's going to start shooting at them and we get to watch them run for their lives...but given their current exposed situation, the odds of them getting away by running would be slim.
                    sigpic

                    www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

                    Comment


                      Still haven't watched the fall finale episode.... I like this show that much that I find it sad that it went on break untill march.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                        Normally I would agree, except
                        Spoiler:
                        TV tends to take creative liberties for dramatic purposes and just any old pilot would not have a dramatic effect. And if the rookie pilot has worked through enough verbal/mental excercises inside a helicopter, he just might be able to at least start and get the helicopter in the air. I agree that a rookie would have a high probability of crashing.

                        I just think that the pilot has to be a bit of a surprise to everyone when he's revealed. I don't think it's someone that hasn't been introduced yet.

                        The other side is that it is an experienced pilot and he's going to start shooting at them and we get to watch them run for their lives...but given their current exposed situation, the odds of them getting away by running would be slim.
                        WEll we do know both Monroe and Miles were both in the mil (army iirc), and they DO have lots of choppers... SO perhaps Monroe is a pilot.

                        Comment


                          It can't be Monroe. We see him outside when the helicoptor starts up
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            It can't be Monroe. We see him outside when the helicoptor starts up
                            Maybe he has a clone.

                            Comment


                              Nobody's Fault But Mine
                              Spoiler:
                              So it's come to this, Revolution's mid-season finale and as expected they put on the high production values and sense that the show is going somewhere, packing in so much stuff in a similar vein to "Enemy at the Gate". It'd be ironic if the title refereed to the show itself but since it doesn't...

                              There's a sense of accomplishment in that they finally managed to make it to Philly, finally! They're getting Danny back and showing what's what to Monroe! I can understand that some fans would go gilly for this, especially since the show itself has been laying around with plot after plot of them getting into a situation, escaping from it, fighting militia and only 3-4 episodes this season has had some meaningful growth; the show is finally getting somewhere, Monroe has all of the power, it's going to become interesting but it takes a long time for it to get there...

                              Yes there is some finely shot action to help keep you excited and there are tons of scenes which have sort of a "we're not going to take it" attitude; it's clear and concise without being too energetic and it definately establishes the stakes plus some of the shots resulting from it are beautiful; the settings have long been one of Revolutions pros but inbetween that action lies dialog that is foreboding in it's obviousness that this is a big event, hinting in the form of questioning ("what will you do if you kill Miles?") and character moments that are seemingly obvious in their intentions. (such as getting Aaron to man up.) It would be nice if there was anything that grew the characters but it's as if they were going through the action checklist without action to justify it; we learn nothing new about Monroe, Rachel or even Miles, we do get exploration into their stakes and intentions but this is very minute in terms of the overall big picture.


                              Looking towards the future...

                              That doesn't mean there aren't any good moments here. Nevil manages to seem menacing and warm at the same time elevating his weak material to an unseen level; it didn't matter if he was ruling over Aaron talking about the Google exec stuff. The way that he said and presented it is all the character that he needs, it tells you that he's ruthless but deep down, he's doing this to have a good lifestyle and speaking of Nevil; Miles kidnapping her wife in a hostage situation provided a good setting for both characters to show themselves. It showed Miles determination in getting his friends back and it showed just how much Nevil cares for her wife, even managing to present himself to benefit in the second half of the season and Monroe manages to perform the best scene when he faces Miles and begs for his mercy; the type of compassion that he shows, the way he stumbles with his words, the charisma he presents, it's something that finally justifies his character and justifies the relationship that they had.

                              But it's severely weighed down by the bad moments such as Charlie who's weak acting is taken to new highs as she achieves several feats; providing an unconvincing performance when being reunited with her mother, Charlie being schmaltzy when with Danny and Charlie providing the most silly look when in a situation of acting. This is supposed to be what the show had been working up to at this point and yet she can't understand the stakes, she can't act as if this was her mother that had left her for years and she can't act as if there was a connection with Danny. Emotion is a big part of everything, it's the core that makes these shows and it's something that makes these shows what they are. They provide the weight, they provide the investment, the soul, the plots in Revolution may of been weak but at least they had some emotion to them with Rachel manages to show by seeming legitimate with her looks, voice and moments. Alas, Charlie ruined the few magical moments this episode had. She really needs to step up.


                              Cool but boring.

                              Adding to that is Monroe v. Miles. The entire thing relies on us assuming that they've been friends and now they're enemies which I think is kind of a cheap way to characterize things mainly because of flashbacks shown. The insistence continues with questions like "What makes Monroe like this, why does he want to take over the world?" and "Why did Miles leave the militia, what did cause them to break up in the first place?" remaining unanswered, which really muddles the plot for me. There wasn't much purpose to their confrontation other than to serve the common good vs. evil fight these shows have, even complete with one of those flashy sword fights that felt like it came straight out of Star Wars Episode III. Having flashbacks which show them together just seems like a potential mindtrick rather than something substantial though the flashbacks were 50/50 for me. To keep forcing this notion is just going to weaken the show because it limits the direction, there is only so much that can be done with the whole former friends thing and "Monroe is evil" thing especially with the direction it's taking. It's fans may like this stuff but really... Wouldn't you rather have Miles explain rather than make a nice family statement that really didn't do anything substantial for his character?

                              There is certainly some promise for round 2 but there's nothing in this episode that actually serves any other purpose 2; barely anything interesting is shown about the characters, much of the episode is sterile and few questions are answered; what's worse is that the shows magical moments are zapped by some pretty poor decisions, it should be exciting but we have to put up with mainly the poor acting of Charlie who's really becoming a problem now. People will be excited for the future but I really wished there was a better episode that set it up.

                              2.5/10
                              Back from the grave.

                              Comment


                                Georgia Federation soldiers perhaps?
                                1020REVOLUTION1PS_17058066.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X