• Show
Clear All

Me 2 it was decent i'm going to keep watching
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Heard a friend talking about but I must say the way he explained it, it sounded far more interesting... just watched the pilot and I can't say I'm intrigued. Too many inconsistencies to continue fretting about it. Apparently when a black-out happens, homo sapiens sapiens turns back into a Homo Sapiens equivalent to a Neanderthal and we promptly reverse back into idiots who can't remember how we first started out in the whole electricity business.

They better have a very good explanation for it, otherwise this show won't last till the end. It's a modern take on the whole cowboy & indian play...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

well i don't think it's as simple as someone just needs to reinvent the light bulb. obviously something happened that doesn't allow electrons to flow anymore, in any fashion. That's what electricity is. Controlled flow of electrons.
        Possibly some sort of gigantic EM field, or magnetic field issue. I'm no physicist so I'm shooting from the hip here.
        Perhaps the device the lady had at the end there creates some sort of allowable bubble for electricity to work. And I'm curious if the program the dad was downloading from the laptop right before the blackout onto a similar device also does the same thing.

But remember, we rely on electricity for EVERYTHING. We basically would revert to how it was shown in the show, I feel. No power tools, no batteries, no nothing.

I'm not quite sure why they were using muskets - maybe all the regular ammo has been expended, who knows.

But, we'll see where it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Heard a friend talking about but I must say the way he explained it, it sounded far more interesting... just watched the pilot and I can't say I'm intrigued. Too many inconsistencies to continue fretting about it. Apparently when a black-out happens, homo sapiens sapiens turns back into a Homo Sapiens equivalent to a Neanderthal and we promptly reverse back into idiots who can't remember how we first started out in the whole electricity business.

They better have a very good explanation for it, otherwise this show won't last till the end. It's a modern take on the whole cowboy & indian play...
          Are you referring to why they are not using solar, wind, etc? If so then you missed the premise of the show entirely.

Comment

I bet that a bunch of fans will be entrenched into this show and they will cancel it after everyone is emtionally invested... that is what usually happens.. and yes I watched the first episode... I bet they try to be everything to everyone, and don't want to offend children, so they will not get to radical wioth language or acting... tey wil try to please everyone.... and once again, have teenagers who know all (wesley crushers..), screw things up... like other shows that went with the dinos... (cough,, cough..)

It would be nice if it works out, and we get a good show......
            My Story:
            http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

The pilot was meh. The society was too primitive. The writers appear to equate no electricity with 1776, and yet parts of America and Europe didn't have regular electricity in 1900. Apparently all print books also couldn't be read, and I agree, the clothing is a problem.

The characters are ok, but the random electricity thumb-drive isn't working for me.

It's better than Terra Nova, but I wouldn't call Revolution good yet.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Hey

I have been watching the Pilot, too (I would like to know when they bring this show to german TV, because a lot of my friends are not that good with english to be able to watch it otherwise) and I agree with a lot of the things about technology and so on (i mean, there are a lot of science books (in libraries) and a lot of things do not need to have electricity to be able to be used (steam-engines for example) etc...

And I have another "concerne":

How did Charly's Dad know the power would go out and why did he not stop it? (until that is cleared up, I have my issues with the man (IMHO he deserves having been shot!)...I would go as far as to say that I hate him based on the limited information that we have, because he ruined everybodys lives!)

Well I will stay tuned

greetings LAX
                ps: Terra Nova was not so bad - It might not have been all that great, but with what little science fiction there is on TV it was one of the better shows (no bright star like "Stargate: SG-1" or say "Star Trek: TNG" but enjoyable non the less)

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                  Hey

I have been watching the Pilot, too (I would like to know when they bring this show to german TV, because a lot of my friends are not that good with english to be able to watch it otherwise) and I agree with a lot of the things about technology and so on (i mean, there are a lot of science books (in libraries) and a lot of things do not need to have electricity to be able to be used (steam-engines for example) etc...

And I have another "concerne":

How did Charly's Dad know the power would go out and why did he not stop it? (until that is cleared up, I have my issues with the man (IMHO he deserves having been shot!)...I would go as far as to say that I hate him based on the limited information that we have, because he ruined everybodys lives!)
                  I shall attempt to answer:

As I have said on the Revolution Facebook page about 50 times so far, there has been only one episode and we only saw one small village, an abandoned airport, a portion of a street and a militia camp, so there is no way that we could know that they are not using technology somewhere e.g. steam powered cars etc.

At the moment we do not know how Ben knew about the power going out, my theory is that he was part of a government group working on a weapon to disable electricity inside "pesky" countries so the military could "help" the people of these countries. Maybe the scientists in charge knew that the military would only use it to conquer so they released it worldwide in an attempt to fix the problems of our modern society. We do not know why yet but we will find out at some point.

I suggest that you keep watching, every show that has ever existed has had a few dud episodes that if they were the first one you watched you would probably not come back for more and would miss out on something great.

Comment

i will continue watching - now doubt about that (hell, stargate: sg-1 had a lot of episodes i did not like in the first two seasons)

still, who gave those scientists the right? (if it was something along those lines)...sorry, but no one has the right to do something like this even if there seem to be good reasons (the way to hell is after all paved with good intentions)

i am sorry, but if i knew someone who was in the know after something like this happened, i would look for that guy/girl too (to question him and maybe get my view of the story across (and maybe killing him/her after that))

mfg LAX

Comment

All we know is that he knew the electricity was going to go out. We know nothing of the context of how and what he knew and how long he knew. I'm a little hesitant to pace blame whateve the father's name is until more information is revealed.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

I am off to watch the second episode. I hope it is as good as the first episode was.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just finished watching the second episode a little while ago. I thought it was pretty good I found it better than the first episode(which I did like). I liked Charlie as a character better in this episode, she's started to become more interesting(at least imo).
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe I'm just having a bad night, but I'm having trouble getting past the first half of the second episode. I feel an impending sense of dumb coming on.

regards,
                            G.
                            Go for Marty...

Comment

Second episode was a drastic improvement.
                              sigpic

Comment

I thought it was an improvement as well. Even though I liked the first ep, I couldn't stand Charlie; I liked her a bit more in this one. I hope they drop the thing between Charlie and her pretty boy stalker; I find it annoying. I liked the new character and
                                Spoiler:
                                I'm glad that the mother ended up alive(I was pretty much expecting that though). I like Elizabeth Mitchell, I think she's a good actress, hopefully she'll get more to do.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X