Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I am optimistic since I found the season spilt also made the quality of the show go down
    Yeah, I feel like the anthology format really didn't work out well for Once. They never got the pacing right and the character development has just been weird.
    Season 6 seems like a chance for them to really get things back on track, with the characters from the Land Of Whatever Stories in Storybrooke and Sam Witwer being, as my mom put it, "the new Mr. Gold". Maybe they'll finally let things develop on one course naturally without the endless side-tracking and snappy resolutions.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
      Yeah, I feel like the anthology format really didn't work out well for Once. They never got the pacing right and the character development has just been weird.
      Season 6 seems like a chance for them to really get things back on track, with the characters from the Land Of Whatever Stories in Storybrooke and Sam Witwer being, as my mom put it, "the new Mr. Gold". Maybe they'll finally let things develop on one course naturally without the endless side-tracking and snappy resolutions.
      I'm curious to know what you mean by the "new Mr. Gold". Is that going to be another character, or is Robert Carlyle not coming back?

Comment

agreed! I hope they can carry the new format well.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I'm curious to know what you mean by the "new Mr. Gold". Is that going to be another character, or is Robert Carlyle not coming back?
          Robert Carlyle is coming back(obviously), but in the last two seasons, he's become more of a straightforward villain. Hyde, it seems, is going to be the untrustworthy one interacting with both the Storybrookers and the people from his own land, manipulating them to his own ends. Though I'm not sure yet why, his motivation seems to be to provide endings for the Untold Stories, which doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.
          "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

That could be interesting. I think we all know a "Hyde" character in our own lives- a true manipulator! The endings for the untold stories could be a really amazing idea or it could simply stink!

Comment

All i can say, is its gonna be great seeing the great manipulator (mr gold) get one-upped on that by mr hyde.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                All i can say, is its gonna be great seeing the great manipulator (mr gold) get one-upped on that by mr hyde.

Agreed- can Hyde out "Gold" Mr Gold??? But then again the Evil Queen does some manipulating of her own....

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/JenniferMor...55418855278689

Spoiler:
                  Season 7's turning into something real interesting... I'm still not sure whether they should go for it because after the musical episode, I'm really satisfied with the way they tied things together. But at the same time, OUAT with just Gold, Regina and Hook sounds really good after all the soap opera antics and endless cameos we've had in recent years to keep the cast together. At the very least, it might provide Rumple with a suitable send-off since his character has really gone down the toilet in my opinion.

Comment

Once Upon a Time has been Cancelled

READ MORE

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      Once Upon a Time has been Cancelled

READ MORE
                      That was to be expected. I seriously tried to give it a chance and the last Episode was not so bad. Still, the Creators now got on my blacklist with screwing up a perfectly good Series. Simply because, they were not able to just let it go. About everyone on the Forums agreed that it should have ended with the previous Season and I cant believe, that the Creators did not have the same thought.
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Personally I think it should have ended at season 5, But even then they left so much unanswered with King Arthor and the like, heck they never answered the question of who is Lily's father {which they said they'd answer in season 4 but never did whatsoever. So the question got moved to season 5, I barely got through the first half of season 5 before jjust quitting the show entirely}

Dont get me wrong, Adam and Eddy as their names go to the fanbase are good writers, they wrote TRON Legacy, and it was good, I enjoyed it quite a bit myself {the music, the visuals, the locations, the technology} It is just that when a show goes more than 4 seasons with them at trhe helm it kinda goes to hell...

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Working...
                        X