Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so, I finished Season 4 in a full watch through on DVD last night, these are my thoughts, I'll put them in spoiler tags in the case that none else have yet to buy the season or see it in full

Spoiler:
    The Storylines for the season.

Frozen Storyline {Still not fully accepting of Ingrid being Elsa and Anna's aunt, maybe six times removed sure but dont get me started on those ribbons, I understand they were needed for the storyline yes, but still....}

the Queens of Darkness storyline was rushed, there was very little to work with, they tried to jam it all into 11 episodes with little result. My guess is the creators were acting as if the show was going to end as of that season, {Its possible however that season 5 will be the last season, nothing is confirmed yet though}

Personal verdict for best and worst episodes!!

Best Episodes; White Out, Smash the Mirror, Fall, Shattered Sight, Operation Mongoose

These episodes I enjoyed quite a bit seeing Elsa sneaking off with the tracking spell to find Emma, breaking in the mansion to save Emma, then reuniting with Anna on the beach in Fall, I will be honest I was sad but not moved to tears when Ingrid sacrificed herself to stop the spell of Shattered Sight. Operation Mongoose was nice, I liked seeing Henry take a heroes role for once. He's a smart kid

Worst episodes: Heart of Gold, Sympathy for the De Vil, Mother; I just didn't get the point of any of these episodes.

My absolute favorite episode of the season: White Out

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

the queens of evil didn't do anything for me either
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        Agreed. They just didn't look or act like queens of evil.

Comment

First Look at Dark Swan - Once Upon A Time

Total syffy posts: 36,690
          (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
          Matthew 5:9

Comment

Hmm.. Nicely dark!

Comment

creepy but looks good
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Looks good, but her eyebrows bother me for some reason.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                  Looks good, but her eyebrows bother me for some reason.
                  Also when they did a close up on her, it almost looked like she was bald at first..

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                    OK, so, I finished Season 4 in a full watch through on DVD last night, these are my thoughts, I'll put them in spoiler tags in the case that none else have yet to buy the season or see it in full

Spoiler:
                    The Storylines for the season.

Frozen Storyline {Still not fully accepting of Ingrid being Elsa and Anna's aunt, maybe six times removed sure but dont get me started on those ribbons, I understand they were needed for the storyline yes, but still....}

the Queens of Darkness storyline was rushed, there was very little to work with, they tried to jam it all into 11 episodes with little result. My guess is the creators were acting as if the show was going to end as of that season, {Its possible however that season 5 will be the last season, nothing is confirmed yet though}

Personal verdict for best and worst episodes!!

Best Episodes; White Out, Smash the Mirror, Fall, Shattered Sight, Operation Mongoose

These episodes I enjoyed quite a bit seeing Elsa sneaking off with the tracking spell to find Emma, breaking in the mansion to save Emma, then reuniting with Anna on the beach in Fall, I will be honest I was sad but not moved to tears when Ingrid sacrificed herself to stop the spell of Shattered Sight. Operation Mongoose was nice, I liked seeing Henry take a heroes role for once. He's a smart kid

Worst episodes: Heart of Gold, Sympathy for the De Vil, Mother; I just didn't get the point of any of these episodes.

My absolute favorite episode of the season: White Out
                    I have said before and I will say it again, the whole half season format ruined the show. It was better in S1 and S2. The whole shove an enemy into 10 episodes and then repeat just rushes the show all the time. The whole Author story made sense and was rushed. They need to spend more time fleshing out these villains to make them interesting. Cora was so menacing because we spent almost 2 seasons explaining who she is. The S3 and S4 villains have been too 2D in comparison. .
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I enjoyed the Pan arc and parts of the Frozen arc
                      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the Pan arc and parts of the Frozen arc
                        So did I. I didn't really like the second half of those seasons (3 & 4) as much though. I don't really mind the split seasons, I just don't really like the some of the themes (Oz, Queens of Darkness). I think it would be better if they didn't try to force a theme into each half of the season (they don't to have to have a separate theme). I also don't like that new characters keep getting added (because of the half season themes) while some existing characters that I like are ignored or kept in the background.
                        sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed Oz
                          sigpic

Comment

I only liked some parts of it, same goes with the second half of season 4 (though I liked the second half of 3 more than the second half of 4).
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not saying the stories are bad just not as good as the earlier ones which I attributed to these rushed stories that have occurred since they did half seasons
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

^I agree that they aren't bad (with Oz, I just really didn't like Zelena, not even in a love to hate kind of way). I did really like the first halves of both seasons 3 and 4 (and parts of the second halves of those seasons), and I agree that some parts of the story arcs are rushed (especially the ones in the second half of the season IMO, like the whole author thing you mentioned in an earlier post). I just blame it on trying to force a theme into each half season and not on the concept of having half seasons itself. I think we kind of basically agree though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X