Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That to me that is like people who criticized Samuel L. Jackson playing Nick Fury who has largely been a white character. He has been wonderful playing Fury. That is all that should matter. That the actor has a believable portrayal of the character
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's a battle you can't really win. I'm for good actors getting good roles(especially since I am learning to be an actor right now), but at the same time, I would knock any director on the head who thinks Santa Claus should be played by someone of another ethnicity. Or heck, if someone tried to make a biopic of ME someday except I'm played by a black guy. Because news flash: Santa ain't Asian and I ain't black. It's not a "traditional" thing, it's just not who Santa is or who I am. It's like turning Bugs Bunny into a duck and saying "well, the duck played the role well and we do have a demographic to pander to so let's hire him!"
      "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

How about Dennis Haysbert (the voice of the Allstate commercials), or Danny Glover? Or Ron Glass (Shepherd Book on "Firefly")?
        Last edited by hedwig; 20 June 2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Could they really afford Danny Glover? He seems to high profile
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Probably not, but the other two are primarily TV actors, so maybe they could afford one of them.

Comment

Ron Glass makes sense, plus he's a well known face to most TV show fans. Honestly at times I've expected him to show up on an Episode of Castle

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Probably not, but the other two are primarily TV actors, so maybe they could afford one of them.
                That I agree with. I really like using the Allstate guy
                Jelgate is right

Comment

How about Chris Judge?

Comment

They're looking for someone with a british accent for Merlin, Ron Glass to me has it

They are also casting Rumples mother, currently named Evanna

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

How about Dennis Haysbert (the voice of the Allstate commercials), or Danny Glover? Or Ron Glass (Shepherd Book on "Firefly")?
                      All three are great black actors, but i would not like them to play Merlin. I just see him as a white male anglosaxon magician.

Comment

I saw the casting call for Evanna it looks like Rumple took after his daddy after reading what they wanted of her. I am very curious to see who gets the part and finally seeing his mother
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          All three are great black actors, but i would not like them to play Merlin. I just see him as a white male anglosaxon magician.
                          Me too. But apparently the producers of Once are looking for an African American actor with a British accent, if that makes any sense. Shouldn't that be an "African British" actor?
                          Last edited by hedwig; 29 June 2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Too bad Idris Elba is too busy for the next few years I could see him in the part of Merlin
                            sigpic

Comment

Me too. But apparently the producers of Once are looking for an African American actor with a British accent, if that makes any sense.
                              And to me they are wrong for that.

Comment

I disagree unless race is going to play a part in the story. I don't see that being the case. Its the actor who plays the part the best no matter what his race is.
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X