Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to make the point that, while Disney is the mothership and owns ABC, the show isn't being made by Disney Studios, it is being made by ABC, with an ABC TV show budget, not a Disney movie budget.

I have no idea what the budget is for this show, but I'm willing to bet, given ABC's not terribly stellar performance over the last few years, that it isn't a big one.
    sigpic
    Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
      As for the costumes... really my main gripe is with the gowns, as an Art History major and someone whoes done ALOT of theater (no I'm not calling myself an expert just basing my opinion on my experience) there's nothing tasteful or really partularly imaginiative about it, yes Rumple looks badass but really, he's wearing leather, not bad in itself but it's a little cliche, but the gowns look like only the least amount of thought possible went into them "she's a princess so give her big shoulders! And gloo feathers all over it!" and no care was given in the making of the costumes either, they look like they were made with cheap materials by students.
      Uhm, just noticed, its Disney so what do you expect from a bunch of Birds and Mice?
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
        I just want to make the point that, while Disney is the mothership and owns ABC, the show isn't being made by Disney Studios, it is being made by ABC, with an ABC TV show budget, not a Disney movie budget.

I have no idea what the budget is for this show, but I'm willing to bet, given ABC's not terribly stellar performance over the last few years, that it isn't a big one.
        Actually ABC doesn't do that bad. Its the middle station only a little behind FOX. CBS outshines them all though. As for the Disney/ABC thing its a gray area. Depends on how technical you want to get. More importantly when will Henry stop annoying me?
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
          I want more Rumpelstiltskin!! love that creepy man!! he is so awesome and into EVERYTHING! lmao!

I am SO getting to the point where I am REALLY HATING Madam Mayor Regina!!! Someone really needs to put her in her place!! and last nights latest installment!! O_O!!! LOVED IT!!
          I get evilly excited every time I see his green face. Amazing character.

The last episode was fun. Can't wait till the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            More importantly when will Henry stop annoying me?
            Oh good, I'm not the only one. He is insufferable.
            "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
              Oh good, I'm not the only one. He is insufferable.
              That makes us three. I actually think he is cute in a very annoying way, so I have faith that his Character may still grow on me once he got some development beyond "Fairytales are real".
              Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
              Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Just watched the most recent episode. Perhaps this show is not meant for me. The whole soap opera element does not work for me.

I also find the fairy tale world interesting, but the modern world, not so much. That and twins?! Really?
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                  That makes us three. I actually think he is cute in a very annoying way, so I have faith that his Character may still grow on me once he got some development beyond "Fairytales are real".
                  Me four!!! Although I have to agree with your comments about him. He, along with the rest of the cast, with the exception of Carlyle's gleeful portrayal of Rumpestiltskin have a long way to go to make me care even a little about them.

That whole scene, hunting the dragon at his cave, I couldn't stop laughing, all I could think of was this

As for the CGI and costumes I think it's done on purpose, to look like the story book illustrations of years gone by. They do remind me of the pictures in fairy tale books I had as a child. Many things in the fairy tale world are filmed in crisp focus and bright colours to emphasise the happy lives that have been lost to the curse,whilst the 'real life' of 'Storybrooke' makes use of the brooding bluish Vancouver light to emphasize that oppressive trapped feel of the town. I wonder if the sun starts to come out more as the curse weakens.

Comment

i wonder how this series will end? will all the ppl figure out their fairy tale lives and what, return to that world?
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i wonder how this series will end? will all the ppl figure out their fairy tale lives and what, return to that world?
                      You know, I have no idea. I mean, I can come up with half a dozen different scenarios for an ending, and really, they could go with any of them and I'm sure make it work.

I sort of love that I can't see the end-game yet. I sooooo hope we eventually get it (my heart has been broken with premature cancellations enough times!).
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                        You know, I have no idea. I mean, I can come up with half a dozen different scenarios for an ending, and really, they could go with any of them and I'm sure make it work.

I sort of love that I can't see the end-game yet. I sooooo hope we eventually get it (my heart has been broken with premature cancellations enough times!).
                        What I really would love to see is both Worlds being connected after the Curse is broken. At least Henry belongs more to the real world as he does to Fairy Tale World.
                        Last edited by tomstone; 08 December 2011, 01:47 PM.
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                        Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                          I get evilly excited every time I see his green face. Amazing character.

The last episode was fun. Can't wait till the next one.
                          Totally LOVE RUmplestiltskin.... wouldn't make a deal with him.... but still love his character! lol!

i wan the next eppy too! lmao!
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Ha, I love it, I knew it! Huntsman!

I liked this weeks Episode most.
                            Last edited by tomstone; 11 December 2011, 05:30 PM.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              Ha, I love it, I knew it! Huntsman!

I liked this weeks Episode most.
                              tags
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                tags
                                Sorry. I thought that wouldnt be that big a deal. Just tagged it. So delete it from your response so it wont happen again please.

To tonights Episode:
                                Spoiler:
                                At the beginning I was thinking that I might just start to care for Regina, not anymore. That Egomaniacal Witch remembers it all! I have the strong wish to see her dead now. Damn, I should have known that its to good to be true that she didnt know. I just hope Emma will understand soon that Henry is telling the truth.
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald

Comment

Working...
                                X