No announcement yet.

Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh s**t! You know what I just realized? Cap was taking the Infinity Stones back to where they all came from, right?

So he took the Soul Stone back to Vormir....where its guardian is Red Skull!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Speaking of the supersoldier serum, Sam Wilson was never given the serum. He had tech on his side as Falcon, but it's different with Captain America. I was thinking how he can be Captain America without the serum
      Thats something they have to address. Maybe in the Sam Wilson/Bucky Barnes show.

Comment

Just saw you last post.
        Yes he did. That's one awkward reunion. But Red skull is just a guardian now.

And what you just pointed out made me realize something. We know there's a price for taking the stone, but what if there's a reward for returning it? What if his reward was a new life. A life detached from his original one and not affecting the time line. This would give him the chance to live a normal life with Peggy in the past without affecting the time line.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
          Speaking of the supersoldier serum, Sam Wilson was never given the serum. He had tech on his side as Falcon, but it's different with Captain America. I was thinking how he can be Captain America without the serum
          Thats something they have to address. Maybe in the Sam Wilson/Bucky Barnes show.
          What if they don't bother with it this time around? "Captain America" doesn't have to be just 'a dude with super strength,' I'd suggest that "Captain America" has become synonymous with 'a hero who does the right thing, no matter what.' What if Sam Wilson Cap is just that--a hero who's a hero because he's uncompromising on doing right?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
            Just saw you last post.
            Yes he did. That's one awkward reunion. But Red skull is just a guardian now.

And what you just pointed out made me realize something. We know there's a price for taking the stone, but what if there's a reward for returning it? What if his reward was a new life. A life detached from his original one and not affecting the time line. This would give him the chance to live a normal life with Peggy in the past without affecting the time line.
            That....is an insane thought that I absolutely love!

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              What if they don't bother with it this time around? "Captain America" doesn't have to be just 'a dude with super strength,' I'd suggest that "Captain America" has become synonymous with 'a hero who does the right thing, no matter what.' What if Sam Wilson Cap is just that--a hero who's a hero because he's uncompromising on doing right?
              You could be right. And that would make him the most suitable one for the job. Maybe he can even wield Mijolnir one day.

Comment

I watched an interview with Kevin Feige where he said that they had been planning Endgame for several years, so wouldnt suprise me if they had an idea how it might end back then and drop a few hints. Wonder what else there is...

On Sam/Captain America, would be awesome to see him flying around with the shield. On the shield whats Thanos weapon made of to be able to break it like that?

Comment

...adamantium?

Comment

I believe it was all written before the fox acquirement. And not to mention the contract was signed before it as well.

Comment

Well i just watched it. Holy hell.

Lets get this out of the way first: it wasn't a terribly shocking movie. It mostly went the way many people predicted: they undo the snap. Like i thought, those who died normally died permanently. There's a time heist and they undo it all.

Second of all: thank god, thank god for them actually bothering to explain the time stuff first, clearly and succinctly. One shot, altering the past doesn't change the future.

The end-battle was one hell of an end battle. The theatre went wild when Steve commanded Mjolnir, felt very deserved rather than cheesy. Loved that Pepper contributed, she's been pushed from relevance (IE, not given her own damn suit) for way too long. Captain Marvel wasn't as prominent as i expected, but liked what she did. Loved the "Gauntlet dash" with the various characters. Again, could've been real cheesy but felt worth it.

the reason Hawkeye didn't die is because his fans would riot if he did. He's been screwed over the most appearance-wise of all original avengers, and if he died now it would feel undeserved. Plus, Black Widow has more character, the "family loses a dad" was already happening with Iron Man... so it's the best outcome. Love that they fought over who could sacrifice themselves.

Lastly, i'm happy Thanos admits his plan would never work. I'm sick of all the Thanos apologia i see online, and it's good that the movie addresses that it's a plan that would never work.

Comment

Only the MCU could have pulled off that battle. I absolutely loved the part when hope seems lost and Black Panther comes in followed by the giant army. I think they tried to check off all the lists with action, comedy, emotion, etc. Generally when a studio does this it comes off as terrible. Quite the opposite for this movie which is in large part that this has been built up from Avengers 1 maybe Iron Man.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Only the MCU could have pulled off that battle. I absolutely loved the part when hope seems lost and Black Panther comes in followed by the giant army. I think they tried to check off all the lists with action, comedy, emotion, etc. Generally when a studio does this it comes off as terrible. Quite the opposite for this movie which is in large part that this has been built up from Avengers 1 maybe Iron Man.
                          "On your left"
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

part of me had dreaded since inifinity war that they would pull some kind of cheap reset, im so glad the way they went, it felt earned and it did still happen, not a magic oh yay everything's fine again.

It just struck me that theyll be some very awkward reunions, if 5 years has passed for the people left, thats enough time that people could have come to terms and moved on, while for those who were dusted its felt like they've just been gone a moment, they could be coming home to partners who remarried

Comment

Wow. This was an amazing movie.

The multi-portal idea was great and the best part! (Even if it has felt a little ripoff from Babylon 5 wherethe Minbari attacked against Earth in the movie "in the beginning")

Only a few negative things:
                              - the weird music under the Marvel logo. I would have used the Stan Lee version here instead of Captain Marvel
                              - the movie title was too simple in comparsion to the trailer version
                              - I have lost to follow the fate of the "new" Gamora and the Nebula(s). What happened with them? Has the snap sent back them to their original timeline?
                              - the girly superhero step-up was too much forced
                              - a few heroes only had quick cameos as there was not enough screentime for everyone

I liked how Thanos used the Power Stone (purple) against Captain Marvel. Sorry. She is way too powerful like she is playing in her own league, so it could be interesting if she is weakened for her second movie. Maybe her fate (or Quill) will have a connection with the planned Etheral movie.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 28 April 2019, 03:05 PM.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                                The multi-portal idea was great and the best part! (Even if it has felt a little ripoff from Babylon 5 wherethe Minbari attacked against Earth in the movie "in the beginning")
                                Heh...I didn't even think of that.

- I have lost to follow the fate of the "new" Gamora and the Nebula(s). What happened with them? Has the snap sent back them to their original timeline?
                                Nope. The Thanos/Gamora/Nebula/Black Order that stepped out of the 2014 now-divergent timeline did not return to it.

Original Gamora, the one we were with in Guardians 1 and 2 and Infinity War, remains dead. The Gamora that's now living in the 2023 'prime' timeline is the one who stepped out of the now-divergent 2014 timeline. So there is a Gamora alive, but it's not the one we knew.

Meanwhile the Nebula we have living in the 2023 'prime' timeline is the one who's been with us through the franchise so far. She just killed the one that was here from the divergent 2014.

- a few heroes only had quick cameos as there was not enough screentime for everyone
                                Yeah I think that was always going to be the case. I think if we look closely though, we'll find that Infinity War and Endgame reverse which characters are being emphasized--the ones who didn't get much screen time in IW got a lot more in Endgame, and vice versa. That's not completely solidly the case, the 'original six' needed their exit, but I think it's it's largely the case.

I liked how Thanos used the Power Stone (purple) against Captain Marvel. Sorry. She is way too powerful like she is playing in her own league, so it could be interesting if she is weakened for her second movie. Maybe her fate (or Quill) will have a connection with the planned Etheral movie.
                                Personally I don't think her or Quill will have anything to do with the Eternals movie, at least not for the first Eternals movie. I think they'd want to establish them first, before doing crossovers with other characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X