Avengers: Endgame Post Viewing MAJOR SPOILERS Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ESESEL View Post
    Well, I don't know, but the one time he wasn't there, half the universe died...
    Aha
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Yeah, at this point in life I'm just not interested in what the whiner crowd has to say anymore. Not just for Marvel, but for any series really. These people live just to s*** on things other people enjoy.
      I'm not so sure I agree with that Digi, under ONE specific condition, which is to change the entire tenor of an established series. Stargate was -always- a somewhat fun, scifi series, much like Farscape was. Lexx was a highly sexualized scifi series, and Trek was -always- a highly political series. When I broke away and "crapped" on SGU, it was more in service of wat Stargate WAS, and what it represented to me. It was not an effort to "diss" the SGU fans. I look at your sig, which is a quote from David Blue, and I say, not every scifi series fit's your vision, go find a series that is more in line with the vision you want to project, don't wreck what I like to sell tickets.
      This is the issue with spin offs.
      Dark Matter I accepted what it was, killjoys as well because they stood or fell on their own merits, SGU did not do that, it tried to cash in on what was 13 years of storytelling. Take away the gate as a plot device, and SGU -as a story- could work, easily. People on an ancient ship, charged with finding the origins of the universe? Fantastic, as a stand alone product, much like Nu BSG was fantastic.
      SGU, quite franky -deserved- the backlash from fans, same way "killer superman" deserved it.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Just seen it. My life has been affected.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

The Russos on that Cap ending....quite a bit to chew on.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/ave...ptain-america/
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

They didn't actually say anything.

Comment

This is about what Rob pointed out few posts earlier.
              Joe Russo about the reunion between Captain America and Red Skull.

Comment

The Russos say the spoiler ban is lifted on Monday

https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/s...68719607218179

Comment

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                  This is about what Rob pointed out few posts earlier.
                  Joe Russo about the reunion between Captain America and Red Skull.
                  Yeah I'm pretty sure they just didn't think of it. I mean, this bit:

"The Red Skull is also no longer the same Red Skull from FA. He is more like a ghost, you could almost say he's a completely different entity now. He only exists to guard the stone, his past conscious may or may not exist anymore."

That's just total nonsense -- Red Skull literally talked about his First Avenger past in Infinity War: "A lifetime ago, I too sought the stones. I even held one in my hand. But it cast me out, banished me here, guiding others to a treasure I can not possess."

Comment

They've misled us before.
                    You know we've seen nothing of his last journey. Maybe they're keeping it for a future movie or TV show.

Comment

They've misled us before.
                      You know we've seen nothing of his last journey. Maybe they're keeping it for a future movie or TV show.
                      I doubt it. Unless they specifically bring Red Skull back somehow. (Which as an aside would be a great way to have Falcon ease into his role as the New CapAm. Have Red Skull return and have him need to beat him without Steve.)
                      I think it's enough to assume that Steve probably had some sort of stand off with Red Skull at first but then Skull was just like "I just guard the stones now. I am not your enemy any more." Maybe they have a conversation about how it all began and that was part of what convinced Steve to actually not return after all.

Also I am wondering how they're going to go about naming some of the Future franchise instalments now. Like if they do another Avengers with Spidey, Marvel, Strange and Black Pather it'd be cool to have a soft reset of the naming conventions and have it called "The New Avengers" to start with. And if they do a separate film with Bucky and Sam as Captain America they call it something similar. Make it clear that they are taking on those mantles but are very much new starts for them. I actually would love a Sam and Bucky movie since you could quite easily make it like a Odd-couple Buddy movie.

Comment

I'd thought that the implication at the end of Age of Ultron (when they end the movie on Rhodey, Vision, Wanda, and Sam about to start training) was that that was the New Avengers point....but IIRC the phrase was never actually used on screen, so you may be on to something.

On some level though, I think it might be nice if the next Avengers or Captain America films are titled just the same, Avengers: [subtitle] or Captain America: [subtitle]. It'd be a nice subtle way of both saying that the new generation is no lesser than the old, and to emphasize the continuity of this universe. IE: The Red Wings don't stop being the Red Wings just because Gordie Howe retires.

Comment

I don't think they're making anymore Avengers or Captain America movies. We'll just see these guys in their own movies/shows.
                          The next big series is not another Avengers series. It's going to be the Eternal.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            The Russos on that Cap ending....quite a bit to chew on.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/30/ave...ptain-america/
                            If that is true, they really screwed up. Cap couldnt return any way, but through that machine. Jumping farther back in the Timeline was no issue, but to return to his own he needs to come through the machine and he cannot exit before he enterd. He couldnt have sat there unless he lived through a restored timeline.
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                            Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                            There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                              If that is true, they really screwed up. Cap couldnt return any way, but through that machine. Jumping farther back in the Timeline was no issue, but to return to his own he needs to come through the machine and he cannot exit before he enterd. He couldnt have sat there unless he lived through a restored timeline.
                              Cap lived out an alternative life in an alternative universe, then jumped back to the prime universe. That's why his actions don't matter, it's his future, not his past.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I don't think they're making anymore Avengers or Captain America movies. We'll just see these guys in their own movies/shows.
                                The next big series is not another Avengers series. It's going to be the Eternal.
                                They haven't ruled out making more Cap or Avengers movies. They just aren't any in production. But once they know what direction they're going in for the new story they Want to tell then there probably will be another Avengers.
                                The Eternals meanwhile will be more like Guardians of the Galaxy. A separate group movie with characters that we are less familiar with. Although unless they radically change the characters it will likely be somewhat more serious than Guardians.

Comment

Working...
                                X