Eternals -- news/speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eternals -- news/speculation/discussion/spoilers

Don't see a thread on this yet....this looks to be one of the post-Endgame MCU films in the works.

Not a great deal known about it yet, but from what I gather:
    - it will be directed by Chloe Zhao
    - in February, Kevin Feige was discussing it and said 'it could span thousands of years'
    - Angelina Jolie will star
    - Kumail Nanjiani is in talks to join the film

I don't know anything about the Eternals, so I'm pretty blind here.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I read the Eternals graphic novel that was written by Neil Gaiman not too long ago and it was awesome. Definitely the kind of thing that could add a new dimension to the MCU.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Makes sense, Thanos is essentially an warped eternal (they have a specific name but I can't recall it off-hand), so it makes perfect sense for the Eternals to show up.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Makes sense, Thanos is essentially an warped eternal (they have a specific name but I can't recall it off-hand), so it makes perfect sense for the Eternals to show up.
        Titans
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Titans
          No, I checked, they are called Deviants.
          If they were Titans, it would allow Greco Roman characters to come in, which Marvel does use.
          sigpic

Comment

No, I checked, they are called Deviants.
            If they were Titans, it would allow Greco Roman characters to come in, which Marvel does use.
            He’s Thanos the Mad Titan, from Titan. The Titans are an offshoot species from the Eternals...

Comment

He’s Thanos the Mad Titan, from Titan. The Titans are an offshoot species from the Eternals...
              Nope, They are Deviants, the eternals and deviants are from the older order. He is known as the mad Titan -because- he comes from Titan, but he is not "a Titan" in the Greco-Roman sense.
              Sorry dude, but that's the Marvel explanation.
              sigpic

Comment

Nope, They are Deviants, the eternals and deviants are from the older order. He is known as the mad Titan -because- he comes from Titan, but he is not "a Titan" in the Greco-Roman sense.
                Sorry dude, but that's the Marvel explanation.
                Looks like reality is somewhere between what each of us has been saying:

Mutant Titan with Deviant Syndrome

I could say we were both wrong, but I prefer to say we’re both right

Comment

Looks like reality is somewhere between what each of us has been saying:

Mutant Titan with Deviant Syndrome

I could say we were both wrong, but I prefer to say we’re both right
                  That's because we are both fans
                  Excelsior!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Keanu is in talks to join this movie.

Comment

Keanu is in talks to join this movie.
                      Oooh. There are a couple of characters I can see him playing from the Eternals line-up.
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

RUMOUR: Millie Bobby Brown has joined the cast

Comment

Full cast confirmed at D23 this weekend:

Angelina Jole as Thena
                          Richard Madden as Ikaris
                          Gemma Chan as Sersi
                          Salma Hayek as Ajak
                          Kit Harington as Dane Whitman
                          Brian Tyree Henry as Phastos
                          Barry Keoghan as Druig
                          Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo
                          Lia McHugh as Sprite
                          Don-seok Ma as Gilgamesh
                          Lauren Ridloff as Makkari

Comment

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Spoiler:
                              The voice at the end has been confirmed as Blade!

Comment

Working...
                              X