Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
    They are making this s confusing.
    And I think they're doing this on purpose to get everyone to discuss and speculate.
    Once they said Aunt May was snapped and then they said she wasn't. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Now about the threat of the elementals, I'm glad this time the villain is supernatural.
    I'm still not sure about Gyllenhaal's character. Is he to be trusted or not
    I'm not entirely convinced the elemental are the villain. Mysterio's whole shtick in the comics is that he's a master of illusions which he doesn't make via magic but via special effects and technology that emulates magic.
    Now it wouldn't be the first time they've changed a character for the MCU but I think this might be a case like the Mandarin in Iron Man 3. Something of a massive misdirect.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

They could be doing the 'long con' too, like they did with Harry Osborn in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. Introduce him as a friend, turn him into a villain later.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        They could be doing the 'long con' too, like they did with Harry Osborn in the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. Introduce him as a friend, turn him into a villain later.
        Thats more likely.

Comment

Check out that fun interview between Chris Hemsworth and Tom Holland
          https://twitter.com/SonyPictures/sta...993888261?s=09

Comment

They have done a similar twist in the dr. Strange : "too many wizards..."
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Just got home from seeing it.

My NO SPOILERS take? This film was exactly the breath of fresh air the MCU needed after the weight of Infinity War/Endgame. It had all the heart, teenage awkwardness, and humour of Homecoming, while staying fresh. And there was one scene in particular that brought me pure, unadulterated JOY.

For anyone wondering, there are two credits scenes - one in the middle, and one at the very end.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

For anyone wondering, there are two credits scenes - one in the middle, and one at the very end.
                And you all need to watch BOTH of them.

It's so weird that more than a decade after Iron Man you still see significant amounts of people walk out as soon as the credits roll.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes yes yes
                  Amazing. Who said spider man is anything less than the Avengers... These guys really know how to make movies. And it's worth the wait.
                  Yes!!!

Comment

I was un-impressed.
                    The story was "fine"
                    the structure was "fine"
                    In fact, it was hardly any inconvenience.
                    More vanilla than ice cream.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think you've accidentally watched Amazing Spider-Man 2 instead.

Comment

Definitely.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                            Definitely.
                            Originally posted by Kilgharrah View Post
                            Sorry guys, it just didn't grab me.
                            It had some great MOMENTS, but on the whole I was sorta meh on it. It's not a -bad- movie, far from it but I expected more from the final chapter of the infinity saga.
                            Blip.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Saw it last night and loved it! Interested to see where the end credit scenes lead us...

Comment

Working...
                              X