No announcement yet.

Daredevil (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I have heard, ALL Netflix shows will remain on Netflix for re-runs. Digi is right in saying Netflix PAID for them, and Disney/Marvel cannot strip them of their rights because of that.
    What is up in the air is weather DD, IF, JJ or LC will MAKE it to the MCU with the current actors. I HOPE they don't make the same mistake DC made with casting someone other than Tom Welling as Superman and recast all the characters. If DC made a blockbuster movie and did not cast Amell or Gustin as Arrow/flash, it would create issues, same as recasting Charlie Cox for DD, or Jess Smith for JJ.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

That's sort of what I was guessing but other people thinking the same helps. I love what has been produced and watch it a lot
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

So, an interesting twist...(or maybe I'm reading too much into things); this is Marvel's press release on the news:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...el-s-daredevil
        Marvel is extremely grateful to the huge audience that loved Marvel's Daredevil. From the moment of young Matt’s first act of heroism to the birth of Page, Murdock, & Nelson, it has been a unbelievable journey. We are incredibly proud of the amazing showrunners and writers starting with Drew Goddard and Steven DeKnight, Marco Ramirez and Doug Petrie and Erik Oleson, Charlie Cox, Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson, Vincent D'Onofrio and our casts who brought our characters to life with such excellence, and every one of the fantastic crews in NYC. We look forward to more adventures with the Man without Fear in the future.
        That last sentence really caught my attention.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          So, an interesting twist...(or maybe I'm reading too much into things); this is Marvel's press release on the news:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-s...el-s-daredevil

That last sentence really caught my attention.
          According to Alan Sepinwall Disney Plus has passed...and I personally doubt Hulu will go for it even with Disney directing it to do so. Though we will have to wait for official confirmation on that and I truly hope he is wrong.

The issue comes down to rights, unfortunately. We may see the characters in the future, sure. But I think the actors and their current iterations are done, which is the biggest shame of all. I liked all the actors and actresses but Cox, Bernthal, and D'Onofrio stood above the rest when it came to all the Netflix shows. Losing them is tragic.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
            According to Alan Sepinwall Disney Plus has passed...and I personally doubt Hulu will go for it even with Disney directing it to do so. Though we will have to wait for official confirmation on that and I truly hope he is wrong.

The issue comes down to rights, unfortunately. We may see the characters in the future, sure. But I think the actors and their current iterations are done, which is the biggest shame of all. I liked all the actors and actresses but Cox, Bernthal, and D'Onofrio stood above the rest when it came to all the Netflix shows. Losing them is tragic.
            To loose the actors would be a absolute shame. Cox received recognition from the blind community on how his portrayal of DD empowered them to be just as capable as any other person. Bernthal makes the struggle of being the punisher actually believable and not just a murderer and Vincent D is kingpin from the moment you see him. These are quality acting chops, from not just the mains, but the supporting cast as well.
            Sure, you can recast, but at this stage, why would you?
            sigpic

Comment

I do remember Cox had it in his contract that he would be able to appear in the movies "if requested".

I'm not sure if the others have the same.

God I wish this had been handled better. This universe started off so GOOD with the one-two punch of Daredevil and then Jessica Jones, and while it stumbled a bit in the middle and absolutely failed to really deliver anything meaningful with The Defenders (the biggest shame) I felt they regained their footing with the most recent seasons of Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Daredevil.

It will be such a loss I feel. But at least Charlie Cox went out on such a ****ing high note with his final confrontation with Fisk. ******* that was beautiful.
              sigpic

Comment

So this makes everything as clear as mud.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#6188f50f196c

But I also have a cold, so if it makes sense to anyone else?
                sigpic

Comment

So are JJ and Punisher also cancelled yet?

Comment

I would suspect they're next. Just not announcing it until after they air.
                    sigpic

Comment

Amy Rutberg (Marci) believes that the decision to cancel the series was solely Netflix's decision, as everyone at Marvel she's spoken with was caught off-guard by the announcement.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/12...utberg-marvel/
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I came across this... Fingers crossed

https://wegotthiscovered-com.cdn.amp...s-returning%2F
                        sigpic

Comment

The full rights of Daredevil have returned to the Marvel. I will be interested if they move the previous Netflix-Marvel characters into the MCU on Disney+ when the rights will be gained back for all of them.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I've read rumors that Charlie Cox might be reprising Matt Murdock for Spider-Man 3. I can see it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              I've read rumors that Charlie Cox might be reprising Matt Murdock for Spider-Man 3. I can see it.
                              Daredevil can't
                              sigpic

Comment

Charlie Cox will be reprising his Daredevil role in the MCU!

Comment

Working...
                                X