No announcement yet.

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! I'm glad it's getting a second season.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.
      I think Defenders is only suppose to be a miniseries
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        It won't be out for a few years though. We still have to do Iron Fist, and Luke Cage Season 1. Then Defenders season 1 and Daredevil 2. That's at least two years.
        Daredevil S2 is already done, with it premiering in March. Luke Cage S1 has already been filming for some time (they might even already be done, I'm not sure), and if they follow 2015's scheduling we'll see that in November. With Iron Fist apparently having some difficulties getting started, I bet we see JJ S2 before we even see Iron Fist, much less Defenders.

Plus now there's buzz of a Punisher standalone series as well.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wild speculation:

04/2015: Daredevil S1
          11/2015: Jessica Jones S1

03/2016: Daredevil S2
          11/2016: Luke Cage S1

03/2017: Punisher S1
          07/2017: Daredevil S3
          11/2017: Jessica Jones S2

03/2018: Luke Cage S2 / Daredevil S4 (depending if either get renewed this far)
          07/2018: Punisher S2
          11/2018: Iron Fist S1

03/2019: Jessica Jones S3 / Luke Cage S3 (depending if either get renewed this far)
          07/2019: Daredevil S5 (depending on renewal)
          11/2019: Defenders
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

You really think they'll group up so many seasons in one year like that?
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

I think 3 a year isn't unreasonable. But I would be surprised if it was more than that.

Comment

What would be Netflix's capacity? I mean they do have other shows. Does it compare to that of a TV channel or network?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Netflix keeps pretty mum about a lot of stuff...show productions tend not to be announced until they decide to, budgets are rarely (if ever) discussed openly, and they don't release viewing figures at all.

A quick look at Wikipedia shows they currently have 10 live-action in-house shows in production at various stages (note that this does not count Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Defenders/Punisher). But two of those are half-hour series, and not one of them is more than 13 episodes per season (most are 10, a few 13, a handful 8).

We should also probably take note that Netflix has recently declined to renew (pay for) a couple of film studios' rights, because they wanted to put more funding into producing original series.

How does that stack up against the big networks? Well, figure that they (the big networks) probably have original programming on 3-5 nights a week, probably between 1 and 2 hour-long series, which will air 20-odd episodes each. And then they also do summer programming, which tends to be reality TV. With that weak math, it looks like Netflix is probably still putting out a lot less content than the big networks.

But at a glance, it looks like they're growing fast and planning to continue to grow.
                  Last edited by DigiFluid; 17 January 2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I watched the first ep earlier this year and wasn't keen on it, but decided to give it another shot. Watched all the eps in a couple of days and ended up loving it. But is it true we'll have to wait till 2018 for season 2?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                      I watched the first ep earlier this year and wasn't keen on it, but decided to give it another shot. Watched all the eps in a couple of days and ended up loving it. But is it true we'll have to wait till 2018 for season 2?
                      Looks like it, unfortunately. They've already announced that 2017's releases will be Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher. That's already one more Marvel show than they usually do in a year, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made it up to four in one year. Pleasantly, but surprised just the same.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                        Looks like it, unfortunately. They've already announced that 2017's releases will be Iron Fist, Defenders, and Punisher. That's already one more Marvel show than they usually do in a year, so I'd be pretty surprised if they made it up to four in one year. Pleasantly, but surprised just the same.
                        Pity we have to wait that long. Didn't I read somewhere that Jessica Jones would be in defenders?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          Pity we have to wait that long. Didn't I read somewhere that Jessica Jones would be in defenders?
                          Yep! So far the announced cast of returning characters in The Defenders is:
                          - Jessica Jones
                          - Luke Cage
                          - Daredevil/Matt Murdock
                          - Iron Fist/Danny Rand
                          - Karen Page (Daredevil)
                          - Foggy Nelson (Daredevil)
                          - Stick (Daredevil)
                          - Elektra (Daredevil)
                          - Trish Walker (Jessica Jones)
                          - Jeri Hogarth (Jessica Jones)
                          - Malcolm (Jessica Jones)
                          - Misty Knight (Luke Cage)
                          - Colleen Wing (Iron Fist)
                          - Claire Temple (every Marvel Netflix show)

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                            Yep! So far the announced cast of returning characters in The Defenders is:
                            - Jessica Jones
                            - Luke Cage
                            - Daredevil/Matt Murdock
                            - Iron Fist/Danny Rand
                            - Karen Page (Daredevil)
                            - Foggy Nelson (Daredevil)
                            - Stick (Daredevil)
                            - Elektra (Daredevil)
                            - Trish Walker (Jessica Jones)
                            - Jeri Hogarth (Jessica Jones)
                            - Malcolm (Jessica Jones)
                            - Misty Knight (Luke Cage)
                            - Colleen Wing (Iron Fist)
                            - Claire Temple (every Marvel Netflix show)
                            Sounds like an awesome line-up
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't want to wait any longer. I'm Jonesin' for some Jessica.

Comment

Not sure if this is a spoiler for season 2 so going to tag it

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X