Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jessica Jones (Netflix) - News/Discussion/Speculation

So as we learned a little while back, several series of TV shows are coming to Netflix to be part of the MCU.

The second such series will be Jessica Jones (sometimes called "AKA Jessica Jones" depending on the source).

The big news today? Reportedly, the character will be played be Krysten Ritter! You might recognize her from Breaking Bad (Jesse's ill-fated girlfriend Jane) or the sitcom Don't Trust the B- in Apartment 23.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

CONFIRMED: Marvel has confirmed yesterday's news, Krysten Ritter will be portraying Jessica Jones in the upcoming Netflix series.

It's also been clarified that the show's official title is Marvel's A.K.A. Jessica Jones, and that it will be premiering sometime in 2015!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Aaand as was previously rumoured, Mike Colter has indeed been cast as Luke Cage for that series. He will also appear in the Jessica Jones series, as co-star to Ritter's Jones.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/23866/mike..._jessica_jones

Comment

David Tennant joins AKA Jessica Jones as the series villain, Killgrave.

http://m.hollywoodreporter.com/entry/view/id/902256

Comment

Ooo, interesting. Another reason to check this out...

Comment

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/rach...er-1201418608/
            Rachael Taylor cast as Trish Walker

Comment

^ Cool!

I am really looking forward to these Netflix series!

Comment

First look at Jessica Jones and Luke Cage

Comment

Jessica Jones creator Brian Michael Bendis on what fans can expect from Netflix series

We’re still geeking out over Marvel’s Daredevil, but it sounds like the next Netflix series could be just as good — at least according to the guy who created the hero it’s based on.

Brian Michael Bendis, who created the superhero-turned-private eye Jessica Jones back in 2001, has been keeping close tabs on the TV development process. With a few episodes in the can, Bendis has had the opportunity to check them out and couldn’t be happier with the finished product.

While he doesn’t have a very hands-on role in the series, the comic writer said it’s extremely faithful to the comic canon (much like Daredevil) and is turning out exactly as he’d hoped. It also sounds like Krysten Ritter is a good fit for Jessica, and Bendis couldn’t stop talking about how great Michael Colter looks as Luke Cage. So, good things down the line when his show starts filming (hopefully).

Here’s an excerpt from what Bendis posted on his personal Tumblr:

“The show is so good. I have seen the first couple of episodes and because i didn’t work on it directly i can say this with full no ego fanfare: i loved it!!

and believe me, i was going to be the hardest on it. harder than any of you.

jessica is a part of my DNA. A bad jessica jones show would have hurt me deeply.

BUT it is faithful and lively and everything that I could personally have wanted from the show. the mean streets of marvel netflix from a different perspective than matt’s but at the same time… it all fits. just like the comics on their best day. and just like Netflix DD, the look of the show is cracklin’ noir but with its own palette.

i did not work on the show because I’m working on Powers, and I can’t be everywhere, and also the show was ALWAYS in very very very good hands. I had read the very first drafts of Melissa Rosenberg’s pilot when it was at ABC and i was so flattered by her faithfulness and just getting why we made the book in the first place. i met with the assembled writer’s room and had the surreal experience of finally being in a room where i knew the answers to people’s question.

krysten ritter is soooo good. and michael colter. wait until you see michael colter. the casting of luke cage, in my opinion, and have said this to everyone behind the scenes, is as strong and spot on as the casting of tony stark. its probably the hardest to cast and they got it. perfect."

Jessica Jones is tentatively set to debut on Netflix this fall/winter.

Comment

I have never even heard of Jessica Jones (or AKA jessica jones) in all my time collecting marvel comics.. Who the heck is she?

Comment

She's relatively new -- made her debut in 2001.

She's been (at various times) a superhero in her own right, a retired superhero (after a traumatic experience) working as a PI, one of the New Avengers, one of the Mighty Avengers, involved with the original Civil War storyline, and a few others. She's also married to Luke Cage.

Comment

No wonder i know not who the heck she is..

Comment

Marvel unveils first teaser clip, premiere date for Jessica Jones

We knew we’d see Marvel’s Jessica Jones series by the end of the year, and now we finally know when it’ll drop on Netflix.

Jessica Jones will premiere in full November 20 on the streaming service, with the entire 13-episode season available immediately. The studio will follow the same binge-watching approach that made Daredevil such a cultural phenomenon earlier this year. Along with the premiere date, Netflix also unveiled the first teaser clip for the series. It doesn’t feature any footage, but does give us a fleeting glimpse of Alias Investigations and the streets of New York.

The series will follow Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), who starts up a career as a private detective after a tragic ending cuts her super hero career short. We'll track Jones as she attempts to rebuild her personal life and career, all the while getting pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City. Again, we don’t get any footage here, but it’s easy to sense how Marvel is positioning this project within the universe pioneered by Daredevil, but with a vibe all its own.

Along with Ritter, Jessica Jones stars David Tennant as Kilgrave, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, Rachael Taylor as Patricia “Trish” Walker, and Matrix alum Carrie-Anne Moss. The series is executive produced by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter) and Liz Friedman (Elementary), along with Marvel’s TV chief Jeph Loeb (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

Comment

New teaser.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                              Marvel unveils first teaser clip, premiere date for Jessica Jones

We knew we’d see Marvel’s Jessica Jones series by the end of the year, and now we finally know when it’ll drop on Netflix.

Jessica Jones will premiere in full November 20 on the streaming service, with the entire 13-episode season available immediately. The studio will follow the same binge-watching approach that made Daredevil such a cultural phenomenon earlier this year. Along with the premiere date, Netflix also unveiled the first teaser clip for the series. It doesn’t feature any footage, but does give us a fleeting glimpse of Alias Investigations and the streets of New York.

The series will follow Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), who starts up a career as a private detective after a tragic ending cuts her super hero career short. We'll track Jones as she attempts to rebuild her personal life and career, all the while getting pulled into cases involving people with extraordinary abilities in New York City. Again, we don’t get any footage here, but it’s easy to sense how Marvel is positioning this project within the universe pioneered by Daredevil, but with a vibe all its own.

Along with Ritter, Jessica Jones stars David Tennant as Kilgrave, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, Rachael Taylor as Patricia “Trish” Walker, and Matrix alum Carrie-Anne Moss. The series is executive produced by Melissa Rosenberg (Dexter) and Liz Friedman (Elementary), along with Marvel’s TV chief Jeph Loeb (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.).

But I want it now!!!! I did rather enjoy Daredevil
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X