This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GingerNinja View Post
    Let's hope they take up the seventh. As much as I enjoyed the series, I won't be tied in to an eighteen month contract on Disney + just to see this final season.
    Agree with you I do. The content industry is trying to push us into a business model where we have to subscribe to 47 different services to be able to watch most content. CBS for Star Trek, Hulu for The Orville, Disney for Star Wars, and so on. If they succeed, content will be very expensive.

The only voice we as consumers have is our purchasing choices. I'm fine with aggregator services, such as Netflix, you pay them and you can watch whatever there. I would like to see all of these individual services fail miserably due to lack of subscribers. That would force the creators to market their shows on services like Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      Agree with you I do. The content industry is trying to push us into a business model where we have to subscribe to 47 different services to be able to watch most content. CBS for Star Trek, Hulu for The Orville, Disney for Star Wars, and so on. If they succeed, content will be very expensive.

The only voice we as consumers have is our purchasing choices. I'm fine with aggregator services, such as Netflix, you pay them and you can watch whatever there. I would like to see all of these individual services fail miserably due to lack of subscribers. That would force the creators to market their shows on services like Netflix.

Absolutely! You almost feel like you're being held to ransom, and left in the same position as I am now - tie yourself in to one of our needlessly long contracts, or you won't be able to watch anything.

Well, stuff that. I'll wait for the DVDs instead. Yes, they'll be expensive on their first release, but at least you'll have the extra bits too, like the commentaries and gag reel. Seriously, it's a wonder that cast got anything filmed at all!

Comment

Originally posted by GingerNinja View Post
        Absolutely! You almost feel like you're being held to ransom, and left in the same position as I am now - tie yourself in to one of our needlessly long contracts, or you won't be able to watch anything.

Well, stuff that. I'll wait for the DVDs instead. Yes, they'll be expensive on their first release, but at least you'll have the extra bits too, like the commentaries and gag reel. Seriously, it's a wonder that cast got anything filmed at all!
        More importantly, once you buy the home media release of a show, they can't change their mind and take it back from you. It's yours. Which is why the entire back wall of my living room/home theater room is DVD's/Bluray's/VHS/CD's/Cassettes and other media. If I can, I always buy the home media release of anything I care about. As a bonus, the image and audio quality is often better because it hasn't been compressed to take up less bandwidth to transmit.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          More importantly, once you buy the home media release of a show, they can't change their mind and take it back from you. It's yours. Which is why the entire back wall of my living room/home theater room is DVD's/Bluray's/VHS/CD's/Cassettes and other media. If I can, I always buy the home media release of anything I care about. As a bonus, the image and audio quality is often better because it hasn't been compressed to take up less bandwidth to transmit.
          Something we agree on.
          Just remember, you only have that media as long as the storage device exists. If it fails, you have no right of ownership anymore.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Raj_2006 View Post
            I know what you mean. I live in the UK too and still no mention of Agents of Shield season 7 on E4 or any other channel. They have all 6 seasons on Amazon Prime. I am currently rewatching them.
            E4 didn't pick up the final season Hoping it'll be on Disney+ soon but fellow disappointed UK person here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Something we agree on.
              Just remember, you only have that media as long as the storage device exists. If it fails, you have no right of ownership anymore.
              Which is why I have 4-5 VCR's stashed away. I figure that ought to be enough to last my lifetime.

Comment

Working...
              X