Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed. We've had what, two whole cameos from fury and that cost the show makers a load of dollars iirc.. Imagine how much it would have cost to have RDJ show up!

As a q though, someone mentioned that in Spidey home coming there was a nod out to agents of shield.. What was that shout out??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Agreed. We've had what, two whole cameos from fury and that cost the show makers a load of dollars iirc.. Imagine how much it would have cost to have RDJ show up!

As a q though, someone mentioned that in Spidey home coming there was a nod out to agents of shield.. What was that shout out??

Some out of focus prop in the background or a vague easily missed line if you ask me, I haven't seen it yet.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

I didn't catch any nods to AoS in Spider-man....
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Den Of Geek: Network reportedly didn't want season 5

It's rumoured that the fifth season of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. wouldn't have happened at all, if the network had any choice in the matter.

It's something that's had us scratching our heads a bit since ABC announced it was renewing Marvel's Agents Of SHIELD earlier this year: how? And why? But also...how?

While other beloved TV shows are scrapped in their prime for the sin of maintaining a steady fan base, or for seeing their ratings drop even a little, the superhero admin series - which has tried its best to soar despite having its connections to the MCU minimised time and again - has witnessed plummeting, eye-watering viewing figure drops in comparison, but it was still cheerfully renewed for a fifth season by the network anyway.

The situation has become a little clearer in a new article over at Variety. It turns out, ABC was eager to cancel SHIELD after season 4, but parent company Disney (who acquired Marvel some time ago) handed down a mandate that forced their hand.

It's not the only bone of contention over at ABC right now. Their Inhumans adaptation, due to start airing tonight, has received pretty savage reviews so far, and rumour has it that the network is desperate to scrap that too, but whether they'll be allowed to or not, only time will tell.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

It seems like I was right that it was saved because of the MCU connection
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

So maybe, they need to MAKE some bigger MCU connections..

Comment

The mouse has spoken?
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Thier was also a change of President from Paul Lee to Channing Dungey.

ABC Shakeup

http://deadline.com/2016/02/paul-lee...ey-1201704333/

AOS ratings overall where good taking into acount live dvr streaming,ect

AOS also had to compete against NCIS and other shows also.

Comment

So maybe, they need to MAKE some bigger MCU connections..
                    Season 5 is set in space, i hard to see it not tieing into Avengers next film.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 22 October 2017, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Set in space.. Cool news.
                      I wonder though, with Inhumans doing so sucky (supposedly) will that impact AoS??

Comment

I wonder though, with Inhumans doing so sucky (supposedly) will that impact AoS??
                        There were rumors a few weeks ago that Disney pushed ABC to renew AoS for this season, so I'm pretty much assuming it'll be the last one anyways.

Comment

Only if the viewers show the same lack of response in the ratings. Bear in mind ratings expectations are a lot lower for Friday
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Only if the viewers show the same lack of response in the ratings. Bear in mind ratings expectations are a lot lower for Friday
                            Are they counting online views in this? I am, however, getting tired of Shield collapsing every season...it's like the same revolving plot in the walkind dead...
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

I agree. WE had what, Shield fall in S1 (Hydra), S2/3 with the whole "True shield/Shield/Inhuman arc", the whole alternate reality/VR situation in S4.. And at least three times i can remember, they've been hunted as subversives/criminals..

Comment

I agree. WE had what, Shield fall in S1 (Hydra), S2/3 with the whole "True shield/Shield/Inhuman arc", the whole alternate reality/VR situation in S4.. And at least three times i can remember, they've been hunted as subversives/criminals..
                                I think we can blame the one sided nature of "It's all connected" for that. The TV series have to be true to what happens in the movies, but the movies don't reference anything from the shows. SHIELD "randomly" showing back up in the movies would confuse movie only people so they have to come up with ways to avoid having SHIELD be public again.

Comment

Working...
                                X