X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed what I saw.

So please can I have some more...?
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Hey, folks!

I'm posting this on some other show sections, but definitely want to try and get someone from the brand spankin' new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. fandom ...

We've recently relaunched SciFi Stream and we are expanding our coverage for several shows there. If anybody is interested and willing to commit for a few months, I'd love to have a weekly "recap & review" for S.H.I.E.L.D.. (It doesn't have to be anything all that long or detailed.)

Take a look here to learn more, and send me an e-mail or PM me on the forum if you are interested. Thanks!
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Take a look here to learn more, and send me an e-mail or PM me on the forum if you are interested. Thanks!
        Sent.
        Back from the grave.

Comment

Everyone fails to realize with this show is that its a spy show set within the marvel universe created by joss whedon/marvel

I think Everyone expects it to be like shield covering up some super battle every week, and or that it will feature the likes of hulk or iron man, and ya know what with the last episode (0-8-4) i think if this show does well it could very well see a hulk cameo iron man (especially if his played by rdj) not so much, but only a cameo

I think it might lose quite abit of audience from people expecting that, but i think it will generate audiences from say the Alias fandom or Nikita fandom and i think/hope it will do well because a shield spy show is still going to be pretty good just not what most people where expecting
          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 01 October 2013, 08:47 PM.
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I'm really liking this show because it shows what SHIELD actually does day to day. Also I'm really hoping for a visit to the HeliCarrier in a future episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmdr Sean Coll View Post
              Also I'm really hoping for a visit to the HeliCarrier in a future episode.
              That'd be cool, yes.

Although the military nerd in me hopes they can film any Helicarrier flight deck scenes on an actual aircraft carrier this time, rather than at an airport as they did for The Avengers/Avengers Assemble.
              sigpic
              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I hope this show is doing well in the ratings
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I am finding this show to be a major disappointment.

The first two episodes haven't been that engaging and the characters are kind of dull. I don't see this as a growing pains issue. Aside from a bit more character development and the fleshing out of a few back stories, there isn't going to be a whole lot going on here. References are made to the movies or the One Shots, but otherwise everything is pretty predictable.

I do like Ming Na as May, but then Ming Na does it for me so I'm biased. Sue me.

Coulson has had a few "moments", where he gets to show off as per the Marvel One Shots, makes a couple of quips, and .... not much else.

I haven't looked into too many of the other comments here, however, am I the only one who sees this show as Whedon ripping himself off from his "Firefly" days?

Spoiler:

Instead of Serenity we get the jet from the 2nd episode with pretty much the same crew, just mixed up a bit.

1.) Coulson as Mal Reynolds. Change the lawful world view of Coulson and you get Mal. You even get a "didn't want to leave anyone behind" in the 2nd episode.

2.) May as Zoe. Stern fighter, weapons expert etc.

3.) Ward as a somewhat smarter version of Jayne. He gets to play out the Inara half of the Mal/Inara romance. As with her, he is aggravated (but still drawn) by the chaotic nature of the other person.

4.) Skye as a mixture/reversal of the aspects of Inara and River. She plays the male half Mal/Inara romance, with her being more like Mal and Ward being closer to Inara's world view (lawful).

Skye also gets to carry the secret agenda storyline, as River had which was resolved in "Serenity".

5.) Fitz and Simmons are Simon and Kaylee.

6.) Who's not in there? Wash and Shepherd Book.

I'm thinking there's room for a "Wash" character. To me it doesn't make sense that the group flies around in that big plane with only May doing the piloting. (Yes, someone else could have pilot skills which will appear at an appropriately dramatic moment.)

What did we see in the 2nd episode? Everybody leaves their brand new plane and goes off into the jungle. What if some of those rebels they meet decided to do a bit of sabotage on the plane? What if they left a couple of dozen guys in the loading bay as a welcoming committee? Heck, what if someone came by and decided to steal the plane?

I figure that plane should have a regular flight crew of at least four to six guys who are SHIELD operatives (pilot, co-pilot, two in support areas like navigator/communications/medical/maybe even a cook, and two guys who handle the loading bay). I'm thinking the show will introduce at least one recurring character, who will fly the plane, and maybe generate a few sparks with May.

I do want to like this show, but from what I have seen to date I am not sure it's worth my time. Maybe there should be a different format. Rather than this being a 1 hour show (a network TV hour) they should do two or three extended One Shots, maybe a half hour max, which would allow for snappier writing and action.

regards,
                  G.
                  Last edited by Gollumpus; 04 October 2013, 05:12 AM.
                  Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    What do y'all think they were hinting at about Phil Coulson can "never know"?
                    I'm figuring that the
                    Spoiler:
                    Cosmic Cube
                    is involved somehow.

regards,
                    G.
                    Go for Marty...

Comment

Two episodes in and the writers are using the "Start the story in the middle, to make your audience think they've missed something, and have the episode play out in a flashback" bit.

Good grief...
                      sigpic
                      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                        Two episodes in and the writers are using the "Start the story in the middle, to make your audience think they've missed something, and have the episode play out in a flashback" bit.

Good grief...
                        I actually love it when they start the story from the end, or the middle, and then use flashbacks to explain how we got to this point

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl
                        I agree. It's getting annoying. So many shows are doing it these days.
                        But yeah so many shows are doing it nowadays you don't want it to be over done
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                          I actually love it when they start the story from the end, or the middle, and then use flashbacks to explain how we got to this point
                          But yeah so many shows are doing it nowadays you don't want it to be over done
                          Speaking personally, there's this split second of blind panic when the episode starts and you either think you've accidentally come in late, or it's started early, or they're showing the wrong episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi all,
                            Just a quick note to tell you something that I've noticed.
                            Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D airs on Channel 4 here in the UK on Friday at 2000. And it is repeated on Saturdays at 1900 also on Channel 4.

But it is also being repeated on Mondays on 4/7. I am unsure about the time. I caught it whilst channel hopping.
                            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                            To thy own self... Be true
                            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                              Hi all,
                              Just a quick note to tell you something that I've noticed.
                              Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D airs on Channel 4 here in the UK on Friday at 2000. And it is repeated on Saturdays at 1900 also on Channel 4.

But it is also being repeated on Mondays on 4/7. I am unsure about the time. I caught it whilst channel hopping.
                              Repeats are at 1900hrs Saturday evening C4, and Sunday evening at 2000hrs on 4Seven.
                              sigpic

Comment

We did get a repeat the first week, but I haven't seen any since here in the U.S.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X