Black Widow - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Widow - News/Discussion/Speculation

Scarlett Johansson has said she's "hoping" for her own Black Widow spin-off from "Iron Man 2," and Marvel's President of Production Kevin Feige agrees.

Feige told Comic Book Resources that Johansson is not only "signed on" to appear in "The Avengers," but also her own Black Widow movie "should we be lucky enough to have an audience that wants to see" it.

Marvel likely won't have to worry about finding an audience to appreciate Johansson in a skin-tight, black leather outfit (there might be one, Marvel, fingers crossed!), but whether Johansson can make it through another movie unscathed. While Johansson enjoyed playing a "badass" character, she told IrelandOnline that the physicality of the role came at a price:

"I had such a great stunt team who were unbelievably supportive. I have to say though, I'll probably never be able to turn my neck to the left again."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/black_widow/news/?a=9619

Ten years after MWB's original post...looks like this is finally starting to coalesce.

Variety is reporting that Florence Pugh has been cast in the Scarlett Johansson-led Black Widow movie.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Stranger Things and Hellboy actor David Harbour has joined the film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-widow-1198884
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Filming begins in June, will be directed by Cate Shortland.

Comment

I’m looking forward to this. If they do it right it has the potential to be a proper spy thriller type movie.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            I’m looking forward to this. If they do it right it has the potential to be a proper spy thriller type movie.
            Female James bond/Jason Bourne.
            Perfect.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Set photos: Black Widow goes to the mountains

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-set-photos-mountains/

Comment

At least we can see Budapest in the MCU. Yay.

I hope they will bring back Black Widow somehow. Nobody really dies in science fiction. So why would they make a movie about her now?

I can't wait to see Emma Watson in this movie too, if the rumors are true. What character will she play? A friend / a sister of Black Widow? Or will she be the main villain? I am asking these questions as normally she plays only positive, strong female characters. And she would be the villain it could be interesting, but honestly she feels too young in comparsion to Scarlett Johansson. But anyway it is so exciting!
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Stranger Things and Hellboy actor David Harbour has joined the film

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-widow-1198884
                  In April this was a rumour, but now Harbour has confirmed it.

https://www.cbr.com/black-widow-davi...onfirmed-film/

Comment

Yay a black widow movie!
                    Hello
                    I like Daniel. Why is there not a simple heart emoji? I got a crush on Daniel. I think I always did.

Comment

https://youtu.be/O76fSEGW8J8

First trailer!
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 December 2019, 01:02 AM. Reason: Embedded the vid.:)

Comment

Sweeeeeeet!

Comment

So this is what happened to Hopper at the end of Stranger things..
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It is always nice to see Hungary in movies. Especially when Budapest plays itself not like Paris, Moscow or Berlin.

I still believe in fan theory that some part of this movie is placed in the Soulstone liie a dream / AU movie. So maybe she is judged, examined, re-lived some part of her past, but I really hope ScarJo will come back to Avengers. I know the chances are really small for it and it sounds like a classic scifi cliché, but it would be nice to see back.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Enjoyed this, not the best but certainly not the worst. The post credits scene sets something up nicely though...

Comment

Working...
                              X