Through the Looking Glass (322)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
    There are two things that are getting to me that i noticed that i dont think anyone else did about the flashes

The first is when jack is on a plane in his flash Sun and Jin are sitting behind him .... my question is why is jack not talking to them if it was a flash forward i was confused but i have evedince for a crazy theory

Two: did anyone else notice that the new head of medicine in jacks hospital (who also stars in Las Vegas) mysteriously grows a mustache half way through the ep.......

Here is my theory it was a double flash ..... forward and back........... jacks head is so messed up that the past present and future are getting really mixed up.........

but im not sure its just a theory tear it to poeces as you wish
    I don't think those were Sun and Jin, just some random Asian people, but if you have screen shots that say otherwise, post them.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
      The first is when jack is on a plane in his flash Sun and Jin are sitting behind him ....

Here is my theory it was a double flash ..... forward and back........... jacks head is so messed up that the past present and future are getting really mixed up.........
      someone else thought that too - maybe not here, but if you look, you'll see its actually not Sun and Jin.
      they were all flashes forward.

heres the pic:

Comment

I explained the door thing with Charlie. It only locks from one side.

The wheel in the middle is ONLY used to create a seal around the door, not lock it. That hatch was made to be opened from Charlies side only. Maybe they retro-fitted the room, could have been a docking hatch at one time.

As for why they didn't just get their suits on. There was a moon pool in the middle of the station, the minute the grenade would of went off and breached that window, the pressure imbalance in the station would cause the water to rush in from the window AND the moon pool.

If you want a good idea of how fast it would fill up, watch Deep Blue. If you need another example, put a styrofoam under water and

Now there is no way that Charlie ran the calcs in his head, he was a musician, not an engineer.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
          I explained the door thing with Charlie. It only locks from one side.

The wheel in the middle is ONLY used to create a seal around the door, not lock it. That hatch was made to be opened from Charlies side only. Maybe they retro-fitted the room, could have been a docking hatch at one time.

As for why they didn't just get their suits on. There was a moon pool in the middle of the station, the minute the grenade would of went off and breached that window, the pressure imbalance in the station would cause the water to rush in from the window AND the moon pool.

If you want a good idea of how fast it would fill up, watch Deep Blue. If you need another example, put a styrofoam under water and

Now there is no way that Charlie ran the calcs in his head, he was a musician, not an engineer.
          Wouldn't sealing the door serve as a lock as well? You shouldn't be able to open the door if you turned the wheel and sealed it.

Comment

While I enjoyed the episode, I'm not sure the cliffhanger is enough to keep me looking forward to the show's S4 premiere in Feb 2008. That's way too long to have between seasons.

Spoiler:
            And I'm ticked off that Jack told Kate he loves her. I can't stand Kate. She and Sawyer deserve each other!

Comment

There were only 2 references to Jack’s dad that I recall, and although ambiguous I feel they were meant to confuse the viewer into originally thinking Jack’s memory sequence were flashbacks rather than future events. When you go back and watch it, neither scene confirms his dad is alive. Jack walks out of the pharmacy after the pharmacist suspects the prescription is a forgery from his dad’s office and Jack is clearly out of it when he has the confrontation with the new chief at the hospital…even the chief looks puzzled when Jack references to go get his father and see which one is drunker.

I was assuming that Locke was in the casket, but after watching it a second time and hearing what Kate said about not going to the funeral, it makes more since that it was Ben. I think Kate was rather fond of Locke and would have gone to his funeral…just my two cents.

Comment

I've been thinking about it for a couple of days and i'm now thinking that The Jack Flashfoward wasn't a foward al all. It was a flashback, Jack Flashes back to events of what happened that day.
                The rest of the series will also be set in 2007 and all the remaining characters will be flashing back to the series of events that got them off the island from here on in.

Comment

interesting idea, but highly doubtful.
                  the whole twist was that what we thought were flashbacks, a show staple since the premiere, were actually flashes to the future.

the show is a tapestry weaved together by the past, present, and future. this has been said by the producers themselves. the show will always take place in the "present" (2004). But we will get/see info from the past and the [now] the future.

Comment

How they use these flashforward will be key... Can anyone think of some really awesome situations to use them in? For example, most of the flashbacks had a point which emphasised or explained why someone took a course of action on the island. They can't exactly do that with flashforwards... Unless it's done right, these flashforwards are just gonna seem like they've run out of flashbacks.

Saying that though, I do have faith...

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

The ep was really really good ... the more I saw it the more I realized how good it was. My question is...what is the point of the flash forwards? Isnt that kinda giving away the ending if that is it? I don't see a real purpose of them and to have both backs and forwards next year will be even more confusing to people; as if the show wasnt confusing to some already.

Comment

Charlie closed the door because it only locked from the inside and because des sed it would have saved claire and the baby. Apparently next season
                        Spoiler:
                        the people that jack has allowed onto the island are worse than the others and we form a sort of alliance if you will with the others in order to fight the new group. Also we will no longer be on the beach the beach is no longer where the losties live. Apparently harold perrineau (Michael) has been offered a role as a series regular next season, wether or not he accepts is a different story he had already turned down the opportunity to return in the finale.

Comment

I have only just watch this episode and its not like i get the rest of the seasons but i did not get it some i get it
                          Is that the flash back that was really set in the future i got that but is that what would happen if the people who he did contact was good and next season will it start from the flash back or from when he was talking to the people from the boat
                          And i am upset that they killed of Charley
                          sigpic
                          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                          Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                            Charlie closed the door because it only locked from the inside and because des sed it would have saved claire and the baby. Apparently next season
                            Spoiler:
                            the people that jack has allowed onto the island are worse than the others and we form a sort of alliance if you will with the others in order to fight the new group. Also we will no longer be on the beach the beach is no longer where the losties live. Apparently harold perrineau (Michael) has been offered a role as a series regular next season, wether or not he accepts is a different story he had already turned down the opportunity to return in the finale.
                            Spoiler:
                            Interesting. I always felt an alliance with the Others coming on and now that some main bad guys seem to be out of the way, I think the door is open for that. Didn't know about Perrineau had been offered a regular spot. I cannot say I am jumping up and down about that, I think his story has pretty much been told.
                            Save Dr Carson Beckett!!

"I was sure I was gonna wake up dead this morning"

"Ah yes, let's race towards the gunfire"

"We're in another galaxy, how much more out can you get??"

"And you are Lord Mot, here to punish us for our insolence....etcetera, yada, et al."

Comment

I am completely on the side of John Locke. I think Jack should take some time off.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

i just started watching Lost 2 wks ago and just finished TTLG last night

my question: why didn't Charlie just swim out of the station with Desmond? the water was not going to flood the entire thing that quickly, and they could have easily made it out...... surfacing is a lot easier and quicker than descending......

there's no logical reason why charlie should have locked himself in that room........
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X