• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enter 77 (311)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON THREE
    ENTER 77
    EPISODE NUMBER - 311

Sayid, Kate, and Locke encounter the mysterious man with the eye patch, living alone at a Dharma Station after an apparent truce with the Others. Sawyer challenges the beach residents to a ping-pong match to win back his stash.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 November 2007, 06:05 PM.

So. . .who can translate Russian?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Wow. That is...bizarre.

ETA: My, Andrew Divoff sure looks different! And did anyone else think that cat looked odd?

More ETA: Gah! Is Locke an idiot or what?!
      Last edited by warmbeachbrat; 07 March 2007, 09:20 PM.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

From Lostpedia:

Klugh: Mikhail! You know what to do.
        Mikhail: We still have another way.
        Klugh: We cannot risk. You know what to do.
        Mikhail: We still have another way.
        Klugh: We cannot risk. You know the conditions.
        Mikhail: We have another way.
        Klugh: They know us. We will not let them [unintelligible]. You know what to do. It is an order.
        Mikhail: But we still have another way! (pause) I'm sorry! (shoots)

Comment

I'll also be accepting apologies from everyone who said Lost was boring and going no where.
          That's most of you.

Comment

Looks like they are back on track. That was a lot of fun. Nice to see Mira again.

Comment

Locke just cant keep his fingers occupied any other way now can he?

over all a great ep. I could do without all the Sayid flashbacks. so he can forgive as well? it took them that long to get to that point? and gonna miss Sawyer's pet names for a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                I'll also be accepting apologies from everyone who said Lost was boring and going no where.
                That's most of you.
                Hangs head in shame.

Wasn't the cat at the Flame station the same one the Iraqi wife was holding in Sayid's flashback?

Wonder if they took any of the Dharma notebooks with them.

Also wonder what Locke saw on the computer when he entered "77". Obviously there was a delay. He didn't mention anything odd, or that there was any countdown. He just walked out, joined the others outside like nothing had happened.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Actually that's pretty consistent behavior for Locke: he does what he thinks he's supposed to - and often gets screwed over for it.

Has anyone else noticed that Sayid is never wrong? Whenever he has an instinct about someone, it's proven to be right (way back in the first season, he KNEW that Sun spoke English long before it was revealed). The only exception I can think of is when he thought Sawyer had the medical supplies. And it's good that his instincts are sharp, because he's got to be the worst soldier in the history of warfare. I mean, he just keeps blundering into traps that a squishy civilian like myself can see coming a mile away! Can't even tie up a prisoner right...

So we've learned a few things: First, there are at least two groups of Others on the Island: We've got Ben's people, and we've got the "Hostiles." Mikhail thought Sayid was one of them and he mentioned the "line," and there was no reason for him to fabricate some elaborate ruse at that time.

Second, we learned that Rousseau hasn't been completely alone on the Island all this time, and that there are quite possibly several little farmstead/outposts like the Flame still around that she's encountered. I would frankly love to see her get a flashback episode, so we can see what she's been through over the last 16 years.

Third, we learned that Hurley kicks ass.

...oh wait, I already knew that....
                  Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                  I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                  What have these years left to me?
                  Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

A confusing Lost episode is a good episode. "Enter 77" makes it into my S3 Top 3 easily.

I was completely surprised to see Mrs Klugh. And then to realise I'll probably never see her again after this episode. Maybe in an Other's flashback later on? She's was high profile, especially now that she could speak Russian.

I still can't tell whether Sayid said the truth when he admitted that he tortured her. He may have known that those guys will keep him there until he admits whatever they want, and so he could just have lied to get out of there. I mean if lying can save his life, Sayid would do anything. Even betray his bosses and his country.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                    Wasn't the cat at the Flame station the same one the Iraqi wife was holding in Sayid's flashback?
                    http://bp3.blogger.com/_RrObyQ3XzcY/...0-h/thecat.jpg

Wonder if they took any of the Dharma notebooks with them.
                    Hopefully. I noticed TPTB paid special attention to showing that Kate took AA batteries with her. So, going with Chekhov's gun, I guess this will come up later again. Maybe she'll give them to Hurley for his CD player, which will cheer him up? That was my first thought.

Also wonder what Locke saw on the computer when he entered "77". Obviously there was a delay. He didn't mention anything odd, or that there was any countdown. He just walked out, joined the others outside like nothing had happened.
                    I took it as that Locke learned from the events late in S2. Come what may come; he won't become another button slave and just put an end to this stupid chess game so he wouldn't have to worry about other possibilies later on. As he said, "the computer said if there was an incursion by the hostiles, I should enter 77. So I entered 77." He didn't do anything wrong. He just followed the signs.
                    Last edited by sgeureka; 08 March 2007, 06:01 AM. Reason: grammar
                    No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                    (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                      Nope, not the same cat... face fur was different.

And.. I am not ashamed... I never loose interest in a serie I watch because I just NEED to know how it ends... the only exception was 24... it lost me on season 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy View Post
                        So we've learned a few things: First, there are at least two groups of Others on the Island: We've got Ben's people, and we've got the "Hostiles." Mikhail thought Sayid was one of them and he mentioned the "line," and there was no reason for him to fabricate some elaborate ruse at that time.

Second, we learned that Rousseau hasn't been completely alone on the Island all this time, and that there are quite possibly several little farmstead/outposts like the Flame still around that she's encountered. I would frankly love to see her get a flashback episode, so we can see what she's been through over the last 16 years.

Third, we learned that Hurley kicks ass.

...oh wait, I already knew that....
                        I am pretty sure that Mikhail was just trying to mess with Sayids head about the cross the line thing. It is what the others do. He knew about the crash and the survivors becuase Klugh was there with him. Since Klugh was there and she is the one that led the kidnap of Jack Kate and Sawyer I am guessing that there is only one group of others. Mikhail was just using the term hostiles because he was trying to pretend to be from Darma. At least that is the way I see it.

Oh and Hurley is awesome.

Comment

I think Locke needs to take lessons in good judgement and calculated risks! Honestly, how many more useful things is the man going to blow to H-E-double-hockey-sticks before he stops doing stupid things like that?

This ep was another good one, I hope they keep up the trend and make more like this one & the last one. How great was it that Hurley beat Sawyer, anyway? Although, I don't think Sawyer is capable of not making up names for people, so what will his punishment be?

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy View Post
                            I don't think Sawyer is capable of not making up names for people, so what will his punishment be?
                            The bet was only for a week. I'm sure it'll be an episode or two of him struggling to call people by their names and then he'll be back to normal.

Comment

Well considering the episodes can span only one episode, we could end up having about 6 more weeks of him not using nicknames, perhaps even more if the episodes aren't as long as one day.

--

I liked the episode, it's nice to get away from Jack but they still kept Sawyer and Kate in primary roles which disappointed me. I would want more of the other characters who were neglected for the few episodes because they were dealing with the capture of Jack and Co.

Is it just me, or does Locke seem obsessed with pushing buttons? He had to keep entering the code for the the Swan, then he's at another computer and he's once again entering more numbers, this time be responsible for the destruction of what could be a very valuable station.

I am interesting in finding out what exactly happened with the Dharma Initiative staff and the savages. The others may have been these savages originally, but then you've got people like Juliana and Ethan working for them, yet them still being able use a sub with no problem and were no threat to the Initiative when they built the Barracks and each station.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X