• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabin Fever (411)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FOUR
    CABIN FEVER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 411

Locke seeks out Jacob's cabin, believing that he has been chosen by the island. On the freighter, Keamy will let nothing stand in the way of launching a full assault on the island.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2008, 09:15 PM.

Lord Zipacna rules!

Ok, I just kidding. This season is perfect. 11/10 point.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

wow there were certainly a lot more developments than in last weeks ep. mutiny on the boat, well kinda (LOL reminds me of BSG). Keamy kills the Doc which we already know so time's definitely different on the island. Locke's tha man! searching through all the dead bodies until he finally finds the map. awesome! I expected both Christian and Claire to be in the cabin due to spoilers. however I'm curious as to what happened to her, the Claire I know wouldn't be this calm and relaxed without Aaron. the answer to the most important question: we gotta move the island. WTF??? I guess that also explains why Locke isn't one of the Oceanic 6. I'm also curious about the boat and Desmond now that Keamy's gone. and Sayid of course. oh before I forget what was the device on Keamy's arm? some weapon? to kill the monster or wipe out every life on the island?
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Claire followed her father, who became an entity of the island, because his corpse was on the planet.

Keamy is worse than Jack Bauer. He kills people so easily. I fear this is part of the plane. Widmore wants to kill everybody on the island to find the "immortals". He knows about the island from the ship's diary. I think Richard and the "others" were the crew of the Black Rock, who became the new superior group on the island. Maybe they killed the Egyptians.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          wow there were certainly a lot more developments than in last weeks ep. mutiny on the boat, well kinda (LOL reminds me of BSG). Keamy kills the Doc which we already know so time's definitely different on the island. Locke's tha man! searching through all the dead bodies until he finally finds the map. awesome! I expected both Christian and Claire to be in the cabin due to spoilers. however I'm curious as to what happened to her, the Claire I know wouldn't be this calm and relaxed without Aaron. the answer to the most important question: we gotta move the island. WTF??? I guess that also explains why Locke isn't one of the Oceanic 6. I'm also curious about the boat and Desmond now that Keamy's gone. and Sayid of course. oh before I forget what was the device on Keamy's arm? some weapon? to kill the monster or wipe out every life on the island?
          i think it was some kind of heart monitor linked to a bomb, thats why the captain didnt shoot him

Comment

I found the episode to be better than the last, but still unimpressive. I further think the ridiculous amount of commercials they're pumping into the episode time is ridiculous, but I think we all agree on that anyways.

My main gripe is that all I ascertained from the episode was that Keamy is crazy, which I already knew, and they are going to move the island, which with what I've seen thus far, doesn't completely surprise me. I guess I'll be more excited when they start explain any of the following:

New Dharma stations
            Black Smoke Monster
            4 Toed Statue
            The Temple
            Richard's story
            Ben's flashbacks
            Meet Jacob

As of right now I know what happens. I know because of flash forwards and what has to happen. 6 people get off the island, the rest don't. There's no mystery between now and then other than the moving of the island and that just doesn't peak my interest at the moment. Oh how I miss the days of the first hatch discovery...

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
              i think it was some kind of heart monitor linked to a bomb, thats why the captain didnt shoot him
              maybe but the Captain asked 'what's that on his arm?' which means he had no idea what it was. Keamy said 'I don't think you wanna do this Captain'.
              Spoiler:

so what you're saying is everybody's safe as long as Keamy's alive? also where's the bomb? on the island?
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I continue to be amazed at how well the shorter season format has worked out for the writers of "Lost". While it's still a bit shorter than it should be, the fourth season has been very tightly written and has taken the show in a great direction. I'm also happy to see some of the less prominent characters stepping back into the limelight. After this episode, it's hard to imagine that the season finale will disappoint, and it leaves me crushed at the thought that it will be several months before the show returns.

Lost 4.11: "Cabin Fever"

Overall, this episode was another heavy hitter for the fourth season, dropping a metric ton of shocking revelations about the mythology. A number of intriguing possibilities are now on the table, and many of them could end up resolving long-standing mysteries from the very beginning of the series. This is the perfect prelude to the massive fourth season finale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  I thought it look like a tape/MP3 player, perhaps a much smaller version of the sonic fence, after it been thirty or so years before that was created. Could explain why he was putting it on to act like a personal shield against smokey. And unless he can single handily destroy the island with a internal bomb I do not see any reason for ben not to shoot him, just make sure you do it from a distant. But I am desperate a mercenary flash back now.

But their was lots of things I am forgetting about lost and past season will have download them.

But this episode raise more than a few questions, for one what happen to Clare. Why would Dharma order the killing of Dharma. How does John know of Smokey before he even gets on the island (the painting he draw). And how comes he seem to of forgotten all he knew. Was that a time travel attempt gone wrong, and Richard, some how knew he time traveled from the future and was testing him, reason he was unhappy was because ben could not provide him with the knowledge he needed.
                  And what object did Richard present to John and was any of them actually his from the future. The knife did look familiar, was it really Locks.

And it almost certain now that Desmond is among the six of the oceanic flight (fake somehow), and from the pilot view it seem like they are still trying to give us doubts that it was really widmore who faked the crash and not someone but this may be because I trust nothing of what Ben says.

What is this relationship between Claire dad and the island, smokey and Jakub, I been thinking for a long time that they were all one in the same but now they seem like all distinct entities. Clare most likely dead, and that is just sole being projected a physical form for communication purpose. From her point of view more than likely she been away/dead for years and have become accepted of it, perhaps now she a immortals same as Richard, may they not even flesh and blood and they do not age, may be smokey is a unstable entity?. The thing that was said was that Aaron was he was meant to be, does that mean they Sawyer con artist thief to bring up the child or the Chinese/Korean sighted to bring him up, and taking him of the island was against its plans.
                  The thing is that if it really Clare in the cabin then is that the real charlie who has been talking to Hurley and not just Smokey masquerading as him. Which bring up the question does anyone really die on the island, or they all become or recreated a entities which can appear and disappear at will or perhaps they are only allowed to do what the island want them to do. And also a other question could all the people from the crash just be what ever Clare turned into.

All the above was just what flowed out as I typed, I have probably contradicted myself a few times in it.

But lost keeps on getting better and better this season.

I would like to ask is their a episode coming out next week. I now last time I look at it anyway their was suppose to be a to week break coming up.

Is the reason we are getting such good episodes now is because of the writers strike, they seem to of spent that time instead of striking, but actually writing and refining their scripts and ideas because it seem to me that this season been the best so far.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 09 May 2008, 03:15 PM. Reason: grammar, spellings, and more even grammar,trying make this post readable

Comment

I'm guessing young Locke was supposed to pick the container that looked like it had sand in it.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Quick notes:

Locke picked the container with sand, the compass, and the knife, however; Richard was dismayed at his selection of the knife. Claire's relation to Christian is obvious, it's her dad, his relation to the island is that his body ended up on the island, although mystically disappeared like some bodies do on the island.

Yes there are little questions such as why/how Claire is where she is and what their original interest in Locke and being special might pertain, but these seem like gimmicks more than well thought-out plot devices. I would hope no one needed 4 seasons to realize John was special in some way. From this episode we can deduce that the island moves and that is why the others don't get off, although I'm sure there will be some twists in there for good measure. Also it might be noted that the Oceanic 6 are already delcared, Desmond has to be coming in undetected as he's not part of the 6, not to mention he wasn't on the plane in the first place.

It was a decent episode, but I wouldn't call it the best. IMO the constant was the best episode of the season so far. I'd prefer them to deal with the mysteries we already have layed out infront of us such as smokey, statue, ...etc. That being said I still can't wait until the next show as always.

Comment

Originally posted by AimTron View Post

It was a decent episode, but I wouldn't call it the best. IMO the constant was the best episode of the season so far. I'd prefer them to deal with the mysteries we already have layed out infront of us such as smokey, statue, ...etc. That being said I still can't wait until the next show as always.
                        i agree about the desmond/time travel ep being the best of the season (so far).

i found 'cabin fever' too otherworldly, mainly because it didn't answer anything but only added more questions. i'm glad, though, that it softened the locke character, because i like him more being shown in a good light.

it was creepy when locke went into the cabin. i couldn't have went in there alone, that's for sure.

-what if the show ends with everyone being back on that plane and it never crashing?-

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

syid, Kate, Jack, Hurly.

I know the four above have been said to make up the oceanic 6, who else is it that as been confirmed on screen.

Apart from Ben and Aaron who we knows get of to. Well beb was obviously teleported their somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                            syid, Kate, Jack, Hurly.

I know the four above have been said to make up the oceanic 6, who else is it that as been confirmed on screen.

Apart from Ben and Aaron who we knows get of to. Well beb was obviously teleported their somehow.
                            Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2
                              I thought it look like a tape/MP3 player, perhaps a much smaller version of the sonic fence, after it been thirty or so years before that was created. Could explain why he was putting it on to act like a personal shield against smokey.
                              huh, sure hope not. that Cerberus can be kept at bay by a big sonic fence powered by the island's geothermal energy reserves or whatever is acceptable, but if it can be stopped by a mere portable gadget, then it loses all that made it such a formidable threat - basically the writers will have retconned its powers & thus completely messed up the series
                              more plausible explanations would be that :
                              1) Cerberus is simply evil hence why it let Keamy live but killed Eko. even that merc it killed lived a lot longer than Eko (who was an exceptionally tough guy) and it only threw him 50ft in the air when it could've tossed him much higher if it wanted to
                              after all the original Cerberus was supposed to be a guardian of Hell (Hades) so not really a paradigm of benevolence. if that's true at least we'd know Cerberus can be considered a "bad guy"
                              2) it has other plans that involve letting Keamy & co. live. basically it moves in mysterious ways, duh
                              3) Keamy & co fled fast enough to escape it. after all we did hear him scream 'fall back !' when it attacked. perhaps Keamy was far enough & did not attract its attention. furthermore we know that Ben cannot control it (the producers said so in one of their blogs) so he couldn't order it to kill the mercs. remember also that it's supposed to be malfunctioning. for all we know its "moral compass" may be ****ed up

besides, a sonic wave strong enough to repel Cerberus would affect humans as well (like the fence did) so this can't be it
                              it could be a beacon of some sort though (cf. that flashing green diode on the device, and the flashing green blip on the phone Jack picked up

Comment

Working...
                              X