Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devid
    replied
    really this Episodes is cool...I love this Episode....

Leave a comment:

• SgaIsBad
    replied
    Really confused about Desmond

Leave a comment:

• MIZA
    replied
    Great episode, i know i couldn't count on my family to be my constant they keep changing there number

Leave a comment:

• SoulReaver
    replied
    or maybe he was just being vain :|

Leave a comment:

• Anubis69
    replied
    When Sayid asked him how he was, didn't he say "perfect"? If he were still lacking some memories he'd probably say "I will be..." or some such. T'is the way of American TV. Perfect implies that he's back to normal.

Leave a comment:

• SoulReaver
    replied
    yeah maybe it depends on how it works, but seeing how he reacted when he lost his memories (he found himself on a helicopter & the only unfamiliar thing at the moment was the chopper & the 2 people with him yet that was enough to send him off his bonkers) - imagine how he should feel with not just a few seconds, but 8 full years of unfamiliar events suddenly popping in his head

then again maybe he must (would ?) be better off without those memories, in which case a brief recap from his (new) friends would suffice

Leave a comment:

• Wyrminarrd
    replied
    Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    yeah but under such circumstances his reaction is surprising (if he did recover his mems)

losing one' s memory all of a sudden is one thing, recovering it all of a sudden is another

remember this was Desmond with several years missing, talking to Penny - in other words as far as he knew, the island, sayid, daniel, the boat, the hatch, dharma & a whole lot of other things never occurred (and "a lot" is an understatement, we got to know Desmond as an active kind of bloke which means he must have been through quite a few adventures during those last years) and then the next thing he knows he finds himself with 8 full, fresh new years of life, *poof* out of the blue - like an instant personality download, matrix-style but a whole lot bigger in terms of data. I don't know about you folks, but a normal human would have more likely panicked - in a heart-attack or brain-explosion kinda way

Depends on how all of this really works, it could be more like the "current" Desmond all of a sudden remembering not the last eight years but more like him remembering being without his memories. To put it more precise he remembers being without his real memories for a short period of time but doesn´t feel like he ever lost them.

Then again he could simply be to happy to really give his memories much of a thought

Leave a comment:

• SoulReaver
    replied
    yeah but under such circumstances his reaction is surprising (if he did recover his mems)

losing one' s memory all of a sudden is one thing, recovering it all of a sudden is another

remember this was Desmond with several years missing, talking to Penny - in other words as far as he knew, the island, sayid, daniel, the boat, the hatch, dharma & a whole lot of other things never occurred (and "a lot" is an understatement, we got to know Desmond as an active kind of bloke which means he must have been through quite a few adventures during those last years) and then the next thing he knows he finds himself with 8 full, fresh new years of life, *poof* out of the blue - like an instant personality download, matrix-style but a whole lot bigger in terms of data. I don't know about you folks, but a normal human would have more likely panicked - in a heart-attack or brain-explosion kinda way

Leave a comment:

• JayShadow
    replied
    Nope,. he's normal Desmond again. Saying Sayid's name was sort of TV shorthand for recognizing him again. Same with his past self smiling the last time we see him, because he's back in his own time.

Leave a comment:

• SoulReaver
    replied
    I dunno...Desmond sure didn't seem too act like he'd gotten his memories back
    more like he'd just broken the "loop" & that was it

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    yeah that would mean he values Desmond as the bloke who helped him solve a bunch of mathematical equations - from "valuing" to "caring" (which was Daniel's word) there's quite a stretch, surely you'll see the difference between Daniel & Desmond's relationship and the real, long-time bond that unites Penny & Desmond

u sure ?
    Yep, I'm pretty sure their consciousnesses had been 'restored'.

Leave a comment:

• Wyrminarrd
    replied
    Desmond sure seemed to now know who Sayid was.

Great episode, this season continues it´s impressive performance.

I´ll admit that I´m not a fan of time travel, it´s always been way to much of a plot device that charactes don´t seem to know how to use correctly. However, Lost seems to have it´s act together and have a good handle on things. I´d say they go with that the future creates itself and there is only one timeline.

Leave a comment:

• SoulReaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Amalthea
    I would say that Desmond would mean a lot to Daniel because when he showed up in 1996 it validated all of his theories, and in turn, his whole existence. Daniel would therefore really care about Desmond making him an appropriate constant.
    yeah that would mean he values Desmond as the bloke who helped him solve a bunch of mathematical equations - from "valuing" to "caring" (which was Daniel's word) there's quite a stretch, surely you'll see the difference between Daniel & Desmond's relationship and the real, long-time bond that unites Penny & Desmond

he said he remembered Sayid and everything.
    u sure ?

Leave a comment:

• Amalthea
    replied
    btw. Desmond is Daniel's constant ? I thought Daniel said the constant had to be something both 'familiar' and which the subject 'really really cared about', manifestly Desmond is neither of these, so it turns out the constant merely has to be a physical reference common to both timelines

also, did Desmond recover his memories or is he back in 2004 with an 8-year amnesia ?
    I would say that Desmond would mean a lot to Daniel because when he showed up in 1996 it validated all of his theories, and in turn, his whole existence. Daniel would therefore really care about Desmond making him an appropriate constant.

I think Desmond got all his memories back since he said he remembered Sayid and everything.

Leave a comment:

• memnarch
    replied
    Ah! Okay, I'd seen that one before, but the audio quality wasn't as good and I missed hearing "Tempest."

Leave a comment:

Working...
X