• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Is Dead (512)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    DEAD IS DEAD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 512

Ben attempts to summon the smoke monster in order to stand judgment for his past sins.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 April 2009, 07:34 PM.

To start with, wow! Classic Lost, really- more questions, some answers, smoke monster! Fantastic!

Next, I am so, so, so glad Penny is alive. Aside from the fact that she didn't deserve to die, Desmond didn't deserve to lose her. He needs to have a happy life! He spent 3 years on that godforsaken island never getting more than 107 minutes of sleep at a time! He so has earned a happily ever after with Penny.

I almost felt sorry for Ben at the end. It was interesting to see him all wracked with guilt over Alex, but then when she manhandled him, I saw that he was still Ben. It was very interesting that Whidmore wanted Rouseau and Alex dead, but wouldn't do it himself. It's almost like he knew what was coming and wanted to prevent it.

Alex must be like Christian Shepherd somehow. Some kind of apparition. I don't think John is, though- he's actually alive since he can't zip zip all over the place.

Last, poor Caesar! And what the heck happened to the rest of them to make them go nuts?

On a production note, not a fan of how they made Ben look younger. It was pretty forced, but then I guess they didn't have a choice.

Overall, very interesting! Loved it!
    Last edited by Amalthea; 08 April 2009, 09:41 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
      Last, poor Caesar! And what the heck happened to the rest of them to make them go nuts?
      I have a very strong feeling they are not going nuts, but rather something more mysterious. They may not even be part of Widmore's group but could be a 3rd party interested in the Island that nobody knows about. They just seem way too mysterious, at least that is how it has been played up so far.

With the temple hieroglyphics, doesn't this seem to be more and more a Stargate thing? Maybe when we get to see the actual temple, there will be a large ring thing that glows a blueish water?

Lastly, did anyone bother to count just how many times Ben lied? God he is good at that. He is surprised John is alive, he is not surprised but expected it, he is scared to death, he is....god only knows what the truth is with Ben.

Comment

The "Alex" that appears is probably a manifestation of the Monster, much like the "Yemi" that appeared to Eko. It's likely that it can't speak or communicate in its own form and so has to take on a human guise to get more complex messages across.

I'm also pretty sure that Locke went to see Richard when he left into the jungle, which is how he knew to go to the temple (that, or Jin told him offscreen about his encounter with Rousseau's team) and so he could tell Richard about finding himself when he time jumped in after getting shot by Ethan.

What I'm wondering now is, how Widmore knew that the particular spot in Indonesia was the Island's "exit point" if he left it via submarine. Maybe that's how Eloise left...I'm refering to the fact that Eloise Hawking was a member of the Others and was the same one who showed Daniel the bomb back in the '50's. Sorry if you hadn't caught on to that fact. It is INCREDIBLY obvious though...

Ilana is undoubtedly working for Widmore. The producers have described him as the show's "big bad," so it makes sense that they're working for him. Ben's little phone call about killing his daughter probably didn't help dissuade him, either.

The Temple scene is probably going to have the hardcore fans buzzing. The fact that the Monster came out of a vent under a picture of Anubis, long speculated to have some connection to Smokey, will fan the fandom fires for a while.
        Spoiler:
        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

So it seems the 4 toed statue is of Anubis. Wow that ep was crazy, a lot to take in. We need a nickname for that vent smokey came out of like the frozen donkey wheel. Anyway, that painting made it look like Anubis was summoning smokey...maybe Anubis used to live on the island? Im really curious as to what all the heiroglyphs (sp) translate to and same with the ones in the swan, on the countdown clock.

Im not really sure what else to think of smokey after this encounter. This was a really big WTF moment. Easily #1 or #2 of all the big WTF moments throughout the series. I love it, i think im done typing.
          When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

The best part of LOST lately has been the interactions between Ben and Locke.
            I loved finally seeing what it looks like from Ben's (or Locke and Eko) perspective when Smokey shows them flashes.
            It was nice to finally get some background info on Widmore, even if it was just confirming what I already thought. The stuff about ordering Ben to kill Rousseau was a surprise.
            If that's what's underneath the temple... what does the actual temple look like?
            I really want another Locke episode now.
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
              I think they're all working for Widmore and the question is a code so they know who to trust.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Last nights episode was amazing!!! is it bad that I feel sorry for Ben??
                & when smoke-monster-Alex appeared I thought it wa sher to start with.

& I actually cried whn Ben said 'apologize to Desmond for me' I so thought he had killed Penny!!

Spoiler:

Comment

isn't Cerberus supposed to be the greek equivalent of Anubis ? if so that could explain the pic in the cave

btw if Ben believed John would live, why did he say "I'm gonna miss you John" after he killed him ?

Cerberus sparing Ben doesn't mean much - remember it also spared Keamy (the merc)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                    btw if Ben believed John would live, why did he say "I'm gonna miss you John" after he killed him ?
                    He was lying. He told Sun later that it scared the hell out of him that Locke was alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      He was lying. He told Sun later that it scared the hell out of him that Locke was alive.
                      yeah but on the other hand why would he tell Sun (of all people) the truth despite the risk that she would repeat it to John ?

that's the thing, this guy is bloody confusing. I've decided that he is up to no good & I still stand by that, nevertheless he's damn near impossible to figure out
                      (brilliant acting btw)

Comment

John knew where the smoke monster lived because they saw it snatch Rousseau's men when they were jumping through time. So, I don't know what exactly John was up to in the woods. Maybe seeing Richard, maybe taking a leak. They'll tell us soon.

All the Egyptian hieroglyphs and everything are awesome. I have no idea what they mean, but I love that they have something to do with it! LOL Anubis was definitely looking at Smokey in that glyph, too.

I'm not convinced all the Ajira crash members are working for Widmore. Maybe Ilana and a couple others, but the guy who ran up to Frank looked pretty clueless to me. I also think it's entirely possible they're working for Eloise since she knew where the island was to be and could plan ahead like that.

As an aside, the "exit point" is in Tunisia, which is in Africa, not Indonesia, which is north of Australia.
                        sigpic

Comment

I also agree the question is probably a code for people working for Widmore. Ben gave him a day's notice he was heading back to the island and if Sun is working for/with him, he had access to all of the details.

I think the literal answer to question though is Jughead aka the Nuke

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            yeah but on the other hand why would he tell Sun (of all people) the truth despite the risk that she would repeat it to John ?

that's the thing, this guy is bloody confusing. I've decided that he is up to no good & I still stand by that, nevertheless he's damn near impossible to figure out
                            (brilliant acting btw)
                            That's a good point. He could just as easily be lying to Sun too. I still think he lied to Locke because of how shocked he looked when he first woke up and Locke was sitting there.

Comment

It was an awesome episode.
                              Ben was brilliant. The Ajira crew are growing interesting and it seem like they are Widmore men, or Eloise people but I do think that who ever they are they are people who are not allowed back on the island. And if the nuk is there they rather destroy it than stay off it.

But one thing I do not understand is that if Richard have seen going from and to the island and it does not seem to be doing him any harm.

The temple it interest that the wall is some sought of cloak.

Comment

Working...
                              X