Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Namaste (509)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Namaste (509)

    Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    NAMASTE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 509

    When three of his lost friends show up in 1977, Sawyer tries to slip them into Dharma as new recruits. But matters are complicated when Sayid is caught in the jungle.

    VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; March 26, 2009, 06:30 PM.

    #2
    First thing I thought of -

    Sawyer: what the hell did you have us breaking all those rocks for anyway?
    Juliet: we were building a runway.

    Runway!

    I seriously love this show. My brain just has to exercise so much!
    sigpic

    Comment


      #3
      Haha that what I thought.

      This is really linking up all the dots in the show and explaining a lot of the questions, through they should of made the runway longer, you just do not get quality with slave labour.

      As for Sawyer/lafour someone needs to wipe that smugness of his face, I bet it happen when he sees Jack and Juliet together in bed.

      So ben got double cross by sun that got to be embarrassing for the bloke, it usually him doing the double crossing, a nice change.
      Christian Shephard is taking a more proactive approach wonder how that going to turn out for the gang. I also thought it was pretty funny when he was holding the picture fame, he could of helped Lock if he wanted to but I guest he decided to let John learn that there no gain without some serious pain.

      Sun got a long journey is interesting I wonder what she got to do to bring back her husband back to the right time zone, I am guesting it not going to be easy.
      It nice to see the looking glass being planned, wonder if we going to see it built.
      Ben is scary bloke and even scarier as a kid. perfect.
      The ethan things was not much of a surprise most of us guest it, wonder how he going to end up with the others, I bet he the last child born before Aaron was born.
      Last edited by knowles2; March 19, 2009, 06:03 AM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        As for Sawyer/lafour someone needs to wipe that smugness of his face, I bet it happen when he sees Jack and Juliet together in bed.
        Sorry but have to disagree with you there. Sawyer has every right to tell Jack to hold his horses. Jack makes bad decisions, he doesn't listen to anybody else, and it's his way or the highway. He was all ready to take charge and tell people what to do without even asking what had happened over the course of three years. He's still the same arrogant man he was when he left. IMHO, this is Sawyer's time to lead. And although I do believe (given how the writers love them so) that this little love quadrangle will certainly cause hurt, I *highly* doubt Juliet will go hop, skipping, and jumping over to Jack's bed. For one thing, she knew Jack for - what - a month at best? And even though she was attracted to Jack, she's now known Sawyer for 3 years. Fell in love with him somewhere along the way, and you can *see* how in love she is with Sawyer, how settled she is, and how rattled she is when she sees that Kate is back. I'm inclined to think that the former triangle of Jack-Kate-Sawyer has actually shifted into a Juliet-Sawyer-Kate triangle. And Jack'll just be left wondering what the heck happened.
        sigpic

        Comment


          #5
          I agree. This is Sawyer's game, Sawyer's time to lead. I love that he stepped up to the plate and took care of everybody for the last three years.

          In contrast, what has Jack done for the past three years?

          He says he got them off the island, but did he really? The 6 that survived wouldn't have if Sawyer hadn't jumped out of the helicopter to lighten the load.

          Once off the island, he proceed to lie and convince the others to lie, based on a "feeling", then goes and gets addicted to painkillers, loses his job, and proceeds to try and convince the others to go back.

          All of this, is based on emotions. Like Sawyer says, he doesn't think things through, he just jumps in, and he's dangerous.

          As for Kate/Sawyer/Juliet - I think things are going to get very interesting at Dharma.
          sigpic

          Comment


            #6
            I don't have the words to describe how good Lost is.

            /gush

            Comment


              #7
              {mod snip}.

              Guessing, even while reading spolier blogs even enhances the show more, because it gets your brain thinking of the possiblities... lots of the characters are lost in different time/space. Christain is back... and I thought I saw the smoke monster just outside that little house he was in at the end of the show..

              that's freaky stuff... go to mor eof the LOST spolier websites, there is not really much of anything given away, but the hypothesis and interviews are great!
              Last edited by KatG; March 19, 2009, 09:39 AM. Reason: no need to be rude
              My Story:
              http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

              Comment


                #8
                I love Lost! I love Lost! I love Lost! I love Lost! I love Lost! I love Lost!

                Ok, moving on... awesome ep. It was so pre-destination paradox, I loved it!

                The whole romance thing- Juliet doesn't like Jack anymore. She may think he's cute, but even she knew he always wanted Kate after that kiss thing and she was all "He didn't mean it for me." She's been with Sawyer for 3-ish years, it's a real, grown up relationship. Sawyer has some Kate things to work out, and Kate has some Sawyer things, but Kate really should be grown up enough to behave.

                Sayid meeting little Ben was just wild! I think Sayid is definitely thinking about killing the little guy, but that would mess the future up, so he will fail.

                Sun is definitely in for a wild ride. She has some kind of mission to do, that is for sure. I might be bringing them all back, but it could also be her going there with something important.

                Much craziness- I love it! Looking forward to next week!
                sigpic

                Comment


                  #9
                  Even with everything that happened in this episode, one of my favorite parts was Jack talking to Dr. Chang/Candle. I don't know why I liked it so much, I just did.

                  Also noticed they seemed to skip over Sawyer's little comment about Faraday...

                  I keep trying to think of reasons why Sun wasn't sent back with the rest of them but I got nothing.

                  So Ben remembers Sayid this whole time and never says anything... and speaking of Ben "And how did that work out for you?" He gets some of the best lines.
                  || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                    The whole romance thing- Juliet doesn't like Jack anymore. She may think he's cute, but even she knew he always wanted Kate after that kiss thing and she was all "He didn't mean it for me." She's been with Sawyer for 3-ish years, it's a real, grown up relationship. Sawyer has some Kate things to work out, and Kate has some Sawyer things, but Kate really should be grown up enough to behave.
                    Agreed. On the bolded part - I just don't think Kate knows how to grow up, and that worries me more than anything else about the romances.

                    Sayid meeting little Ben was just wild! I think Sayid is definitely thinking about killing the little guy, but that would mess the future up, so he will fail.
                    Me too. He'll definitely try, I think. I just don't think he'll be successful.


                    Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    Even with everything that happened in this episode, one of my favorite parts was Jack talking to Dr. Chang/Candle. I don't know why I liked it so much, I just did.
                    Funniest moment was when he says "Based on your aptitude test you'll be given a janitorial position." Jack's face!

                    So Ben remembers Sayid this whole time and never says anything... and speaking of Ben "And how did that work out for you?" He gets some of the best lines.
                    Kind of makes Sayid's and "Henry Gale's" - uh - first meeting in season 2 that much more interesting. Given that Sayid was Ben's torturer. I liked the role reversal too. Sayid as an "other", and little Ben being on the other side of the cage.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Review: Lost 5.9: "Namaste"

                      Overall, this episode was all about setting up the status quo for the second half of the season, finishing what the previous episode started. That doesn't mean that there weren't great character moments, because that's what this show has always been about. But this is a more plot-driven episode, and for some, that will be a drawback.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I totally agree with the idea that it's Sawyer's time to lead. He's really come into his own and become proactive instead of just lounging around like he did in the good old days. He's become a team player and is showing a lot of concern for others. I really like Sawyer this season (and season 4).

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          This is really linking up all the dots in the show and explaining a lot of the questions
                          aye but also adding more dots :/

                          ok someone help me here 'cause I'm lost in space time :
                          2 eps back when John was killed & teleported back to the island & saw an unconscious Ben : what timeline was it then ? it couldn't be the "present" because as we saw in the last ep, Ben is up & well (leaving aside that knock on the head Sun gave him)
                          so was it an alternate present timeline ?



                          anyway it's nice to see Jin being able to talk to the others normally whilst still being the old Jin
                          and "Theflower" becoming a bit more cerebral - though it is somewhat out of character (I'm gonna miss the bloke who couldn't measure up to a bunch of bears -)

                          Jack the Janitor. rofl

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Waaaaait a minute, i dont recall Juliette saying they were breaking rocks to build a runway....ya mean back in season 3 when the others had Kate and Sawyer working for them, they were building the runway that 316 just landed on??
                            When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              aye but also adding more dots :/

                              ok someone help me here 'cause I'm lost in space time :
                              2 eps back when John was killed & teleported back to the island & saw an unconscious Ben : what timeline was it then ? it couldn't be the "present" because as we saw in the last ep, Ben is up & well (leaving aside that knock on the head Sun gave him)
                              so was it an alternate present timeline ?
                              No, it's the same timeline, they just filled us in on what happened in between the crash and John seeing Ben and saying "That's the man that killed me." Basically, Ben was ok after the crash, took off into the jungle, Sun followed, smashed his head, took him back to the crash site, proclaimed Ben hurt, and then took off with Frank and met Christian.

                              Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                              Waaaaait a minute, i dont recall Juliette saying they were breaking rocks to build a runway....ya mean back in season 3 when the others had Kate and Sawyer working for them, they were building the runway that 316 just landed on??
                              I think that's what the poster is saying, yes. I vaguely recall Juliet saying something about the runway, but as I do not have the DVDs, I can't check. If someone else can verify, that'd be nice!

                              Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                              I totally agree with the idea that it's Sawyer's time to lead. He's really come into his own and become proactive instead of just lounging around like he did in the good old days. He's become a team player and is showing a lot of concern for others. I really like Sawyer this season (and season 4).
                              Agreed! He has really grown as a character. It shows you what people can do when they're given a chance.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X