Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (507)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (507)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FIVE
    THE LIFE AND DEATH OF JEREMY BENTHAM
    EPISODE NUMBER - 507

John Locke returns to the mainland to try and convince the Oceanic 6 to return to the island, and finds that he no longer knows what hsi fate is -- or who he can trust.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 27 February 2009, 07:20 AM.

Locke could never have driven the car with a cast on his RIGHT foot - even if he could have gotten from the backseat to the driver's seat. The cast should have at least been on his left foot.
    The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Now know who the bad guy is

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
        Now know who the bad guy is
        ...and that would be who? Widmore? Ben? The guy on the street corner that was selling Rolexes that saw Ben go in and then come out of the hotel?
        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

Comment

Nice episode tonight. I am getting more and more into this show.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
            ...and that would be who? Widmore? Ben? The guy on the street corner that was selling Rolexes that saw Ben go in and then come out of the hotel?
            Ben going by the last scene & the fact that he lies his ass off every chance he gets
            Last edited by TheRandomOne; 25 February 2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

That was an awesome episode. It opens up a lot of questions. I really hope we get an all-Ben episode soon. I want to see him get a smackdown by Ms. Hawking when she tells him that he still needs John.
              sigpic

Comment

Well... what can i say? I was taken so off guard with ben killing locke. I really was not expecting that at all.

I'm really starting to think that Ben might be the real enemy all along, and Widmore might be on the "good/better" side. That would be a really good twist that would have thrown me off for 5 seasons.

This show just keeps getting better!

The week along breaks are killing me though... it's almost to the point where i want to wait fot this season to be done, and then watch all the episodes together

I have a question though... where did the bunker they were staying in come from? i've been wondering that.
                Last edited by Alan Wake; 25 February 2009, 09:07 PM.

Comment

who is this new guy that crashes with them the second time around? This guy is acting like a leader and also acts like he is on a search to find the island, and purposley got on the flight. This was the guy who gave Jack his condolences for his friends Locke's death, in the airport, before they boarded the flight. After the crash, he survived and then he was rifling through this bunker and all the lockers and desks and found that shotgun that he stashed in his bag. he is creaping me out. He was interegating Locke on the island.
                  My Story:
                  http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

"Waaaaaalllllt!!" lol

Even though he's not my favorite character, I believe Locke is maybe the most complex character on television. I love how even though he's been thru all of the **** he's been thru, he ends up right back in the same place he was in the start of season one sitting on the beach with this sense of inner peace. And in spite of all the confusion and questions he's left with. Even if it won't last very long.

They explained a lot of the stuff we've seen so far in season 5 too. Like who was in the other canoe shooting at Sawyer and Co.

Spoiler:
                    What Abaddon said to Locke about telling him to go on the Walkabout makes me think Widmore is responsible for manipulating the situation to get all the Losties on the plane in the first place. Including having the fortune teller talk Claire into giving her kid up for adoption in L.A., tricking Sawyer into thinking the real Sawyer was in Sydney, and killing Christian.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                      They explained a lot of the stuff we've seen so far in season 5 too. Like who was in the other canoe shooting at Sawyer and Co.
                      Please explain?

Comment

Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                        Locke could never have driven the car with a cast on his RIGHT foot - even if he could have gotten from the backseat to the driver's seat. The cast should have at least been on his left foot.
                        That's seriously not an issue. For one thing, we don't know how long he'd had the cast on at that point. They'd already done a lot of traveling before that. And secondly, in a life or death situation like that it's not too far-fetched to think he could do it.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                          Please explain?
                          In one of the scenes were Locke was talking to the woman on the beach, they were messing with the canoes behind them. Those were the same canoes that Sawyer, Locke and everybody stole right after they found the water-bottle in the camp, and Juliet said the name on the water-bottle was the name of an airline (can't remember the exact name but it's the same airline the Oceanic 6 were on when they came back to the island last week)

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                            In one of the scenes were Locke was talking to the woman on the beach, they were messing with the canoes behind them. Those were the same canoes that Sawyer, Locke and everybody stole right after they found the water-bottle in the camp, and Juliet said the name on the water-bottle was the name of an airline (can't remember the exact name but it's the same airline the Oceanic 6 were on when they came back to the island last week)
                            I understand what you're saying, but i still don't get how you can tell who was shooting at them from this scene? You mentioned above they explained who it was that was shooting? was just wondering who they were?

Are you saying the people from this episode ( the new crash survivors ) were the ones shooting the Oceanic 6?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              I understand what you're saying, but i still don't get how you can tell who was shooting at them from this scene? You mentioned above they explained who it was that was shooting? was just wondering who they were?

Are you saying the people from this episode ( the new crash survivors ) were the ones shooting the Oceanic 6?
                              They were shooting at team island though, not the Oceanic 6. You can never be a hundred % certain because it's Lost, but you can kind of determine that at some point in the future that camp will be abandoned for some reason. And when Team!Island flash to the future and come by the abandoned camp they find two canoes on the beach. There were 2 canoes on the beach in this weeks episode and we learned that the pilot (Frank) has taken the third one. So everything does seem to point to the new survivors shooting at Sawyer and co... after all one of them did just uncover a shotgun.

Overall it was a very necessary episode, and it's been a long time coming. I found parts of it a little too slow for my taste, but it's an important episode and Locke's an important character so I'm letting it slide. By far the most interesting scene was between Locke and Ben. And just when you thought you might have Ben figured out - bam!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X