Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham (507)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
    I didn't believe Ben's sincerity, but I didn't think he was going to kill Locke. The whole time Ben was in there, I kept hearing Christian Shephard's words about how trusting Ben has never gotten him anywhere good, but to extrapolate it to murder wasn't there in my head.

    I am not convinced, however, that the 316ers are the ones in the boats who shot at our Island Losties. Since Lipidis and mystery woman stole a boat and took it somewhere, it's possible that it was that boat that the Island Losties found and used. Meanwhile, the original owners of the boats came back and met the 316ers (not sure what they did to them, although I could see some kind of scuffle breaking out as per Walt's dream) and went in search of Frank and mystery woman, but found the Island Losties instead and started shooting.
    They got the boats from the Others' equipment on the second island.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

    Comment


      #32
      Another great episode.

      I think Ben didn´t care one bit about Locke killing himself other then that he needed the information about how to get back to the island. Once he had that info Locke wasn´t needed ans since killing him on the island doesn´t seem to be an option Ben decided to act there and then.

      I´ll admit that I didn´t expect the other peoples on the plane to end up on the island. I´m also surprised if Frank (and Sun?) didn´t get caught up in the flash, seems strange that some are effected and others not. Of course it could have been the co-pilot and the Fed escorting Sayid.

      As for who is the good guy in the Ben/Whitmore conflict I´m going to say that neither is the good guy, this is a straight up power struggle between two borderline psychos.

      Comment


        #33
        both ben and widmore are supremely self-motivated. and they'll use/abuse anyone to get their goals.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?


        sigpic

        Comment


          #34
          The one thing I just thought is that why Ben and Widmore was probably at each other throats for a long, Richard Alpert does not seem the type of guy to let them two rip each other to pieces.

          Comment


            #35
            I think another big question is did the Locke and the 316ers flash back in time to the 70's with Jack, Kate, Hurley and presumably Sayid?

            I've found a lot of people assumed they did, but I thought it was implied that they didn't when Ceasar explained that he saw Hurley and others disappear from the plane. If they all flashed, then why would some disappear and the rest not?

            Craziness!

            Comment


              #36
              Oh also, weighing in on who is the good guy, I was starting to lean towards Widmore being, if not the good guy, then on the right side, but the one thing that I can't justify is why the island wouldn't let Michael die until he was in a position where he could stop Widmore's freighter from ultimately reaching the island. That makes me think the island is not a fan of Widmore...but who knows.

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                As for who is the good guy in the Ben/Whitmore conflict I´m going to say that neither is the good guy, this is a straight up power struggle between two borderline psychos.
                my take on this too (ftm)


                btw could Ben have known that killing John would send him back to the island ? (and leave him stranded)
                it's doubtful but Ben does seems to know a lot of things..

                and Widmore somehow being on the good side was immediately excluded given the kind of people he hired

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by dsigal View Post
                  the one thing that I can't justify is why the island wouldn't let Michael die until he was in a position where he could stop Widmore's freighter from ultimately reaching the island. That makes me think the island is not a fan of Widmore...but who knows.
                  Good point. For the first time a lighter side of Widmore has been shown and im not quite sure what to think.

                  When Jack is talking to Ben on the plane and points out that Locke killed himself, I knew immediately Ben was lying when he said he didnt know. I thought he simply knew he did, but just before the big moment it became quite obvious to me Locke was about to be killed But at the same time

                  Im surprised no has mentioned that Locke came back to life when he landed on the island. I had been guessing this for a year now and to finally see it gives us some pretty good evidence that Christian Shepherd is alive and well!

                  These last three episodes have been great. .
                  When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Ben tricked Locke into being the one to move the island so he could go pull his revenge on Widmore.

                    Ben killed Locke once he had the information to return to the island because Locke would have returned the leader of the others when he came back to the island.

                    Ben didn't expect John to return to life when they brought him back to the island.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
                      Good point. For the first time a lighter side of Widmore has been shown and im not quite sure what to think.

                      When Jack is talking to Ben on the plane and points out that Locke killed himself, I knew immediately Ben was lying when he said he didnt know. I thought he simply knew he did, but just before the big moment it became quite obvious to me Locke was about to be killed But at the same time

                      Im surprised no has mentioned that Locke came back to life when he landed on the island. I had been guessing this for a year now and to finally see it gives us some pretty good evidence that Christian Shepherd is alive and well!

                      These last three episodes have been great. .

                      I dont think so as when locke was about to turn the whelle he asked if christian could help him up and christian said he couldnt, i think he is incorporial!



                      Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                      Please Read and if it interest you make a comment


                      Atlantis -
                      SG1 -

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                        That's seriously not an issue. For one thing, we don't know how long he'd had the cast on at that point. They'd already done a lot of traveling before that. And secondly, in a life or death situation like that it's not too far-fetched to think he could do it.
                        It doesn't make any difference how long the cast was on or if it was life or death. If the cast didn't make his foot too big to fit in the floorboard, it would have immobilized his ankle from bending. He would not have been able to operate the gas peddle. Feel free to call an Orthopedists' office if you don't believe me.
                        The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I have a funny feeling that the show is gonna end with something like the losties having to destroy the time device on the island - or destroy the island itself - and they'll find themselves lost somewhere in time, permanently. do the old 'sacrifice themselves to save the future' thing
                          Somehow I agree that something like that is going to happen and we all find out that the show title refers not to the story, but the final outcome.
                          The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Been busy at work...

                            Given that Richard seems to be a constant, I'm thinking that Ben and Widmore are at each other's throats for whatever the reason. Obviously somehow the island slows down a person from aging once they reach a certain age.

                            Given that Sayid pulled up in a Dharma van, I'm thinking that the plane was sent back in time to sometime prior to Ben killing everyone. How Said ended up working for Dharma, I have no idea unless The Others took over the Dharma vehicles as well.

                            I'm personally getting a bit tired of the whole thing of spending 40 minutes on flushing out the backstory and 5 minutes on moving the story forward. It reminds me of Les Mis. I'm also fed up with everone constantly pushing things off with the "I don't have time to explain it" crap. I think that it would have been better if the producers had kept a running title card indicating the real-world calendar date that we were seeing as its my impression that most of the events happen within a short period of time.
                            The Stargate Character Facebook/Twitter Status Page

                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=69210

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                              Been busy at work...

                              Given that Richard seems to be a constant, I'm thinking that Ben and Widmore are at each other's throats for whatever the reason. Obviously somehow the island slows down a person from aging once they reach a certain age.

                              Given that Sayid pulled up in a Dharma van, I'm thinking that the plane was sent back in time to sometime prior to Ben killing everyone. How Said ended up working for Dharma, I have no idea unless The Others took over the Dharma vehicles as well.

                              I'm personally getting a bit tired of the whole thing of spending 40 minutes on flushing out the backstory and 5 minutes on moving the story forward. It reminds me of Les Mis. I'm also fed up with everone constantly pushing things off with the "I don't have time to explain it" crap. I think that it would have been better if the producers had kept a running title card indicating the real-world calendar date that we were seeing as its my impression that most of the events happen within a short period of time.
                              Problem if we knew the date that everything was happening then figuring out the overal picture of where we are heading would be much easier. No world calendar date means we got no order in which we are being told stuff making it harder and more fun for the audience. Lost have never been for people who do not like to exercise their brain.
                              Last edited by knowles2; February 28, 2009, 05:55 PM.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by HAL2100 View Post
                                It doesn't make any difference how long the cast was on or if it was life or death. If the cast didn't make his foot too big to fit in the floorboard, it would have immobilized his ankle from bending. He would not have been able to operate the gas peddle. Feel free to call an Orthopedists' office if you don't believe me.
                                You push the pedal down, there's nothing to it. You don't have to bend your ankle. If you don't believe me try it.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X